AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 11:27   Link #161
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2705 View Post
How Does usa watch k-on do they get it on tv channels?
Arr, matey, ye watch K-ON!! with a bottle o' Cap'n Morgan's in one hand, a cutlass in the other, a patch over one eye, and a parrot on yer shoulder. Arr!

In other words: Piracy unofficial series promotion Internet fansubs until the official discs come out. Then it's Japanese imports. Or it's piracy unofficial series promotion internet fansubs until someone in the US picks up the license and releases the series in the US.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:29   Link #162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Arr, matey, ye watch K-ON!! with a bottle o' Cap'n Morgan's in one hand, a cutlass in the other, a patch over one eye, and a parrot on yer shoulder. Arr!

In other words: Piracy unofficial series promotion Internet fansubs until the official discs come out. Then it's Japanese imports. Or it's piracy unofficial series promotion internet fansubs until someone in the US picks up the license and releases the series in the US.
A marrrrrrrrvelous answer, yarrr - but probably incomprehensible to those who don't know the Code, though its more a set of guidelines.

(if they can pretend that copyright violation equals piracy, then everyone else can pretend to be silly fantasy pirates, I suppose )
Old 2010-04-13, 23:22   Link #163
Kudryavka

Will season two have 12 episodes or 24? I'm hearing both.
What's the name for different serving sizes of seasons? On JpN side, there's one for 12 episodes, another for 24 episodes.
Old 2010-04-14, 02:01   Link #164
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

each season is called a "cour" so a 12ish episode run is "one cour", a 24ish episode run is "two cour"

By the looks of the DVD ordering (number of DVDs to be released in Japan) - everyone seems confident its a two cour season for K-ON!
Old 2010-04-14, 07:50   Link #165
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
each season is called a "cour" so a 12ish episode run is "one cour", a 24ish episode run is "two cour"

By the looks of the DVD ordering (number of DVDs to be released in Japan) - everyone seems confident its a two cour season for K-ON!
Thank you.
Old 2010-04-14, 08:33   Link #166
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Something like how White Album ran last year? One in spring and another in winter?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-14, 16:42   Link #167
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The year in japanese tv scheduling is broken up into 4 cours which roughly correspond to the 4 seasons (each cour being roughly 12-13 weeks out of a 52 week year). Specials, holidays, and sports can twist it up some. A series can be greenlit for any number of cours but lately, its been unusual to get approval for more than one cour at a time.
Old 2010-04-15, 15:21   Link #168
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Who's the youngest K-On girl within the core-four?
Old 2010-04-15, 15:45   Link #169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(updated once I parsed the wiki)

There are character profile cards coming out with the DVDs in Japan that apparently have all the usual data (ht/wt/bday/etc). If we know their birthdays and assuming they're born in the same year (highly likely in Japan's system).

Found the japanese wiki for K-On!

Yui: ht 156cm, wt 50kg bloodtype O bday: November 27
Tsumugi: ht 157cm, wt 53kg, bloodtype O, bday: July 2
Ritsu: ht 154cm, wt 48kg, bloodtype B, bday: August 21
Mio: ht 160cm, wt 54kg, bloodtype A, January 15

Source - japanese wiki for K-On! http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/けいおん!

So, Mio is oldest and Yui is youngest if they're all the same year birth, imagine that....

Also, all pretty average height and weight for japanese late teens.

PS: Azusa is ht 150cm, wt 46kg, bloodtype AB, Nov 11
(hmmm, same height and weight as my wife ... o.O)

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-04-15 at 16:11.
Old 2010-04-15, 19:58   Link #170
Kudryavka

Quote:
(updated once I parsed the wiki)

There are character profile cards coming out with the DVDs in Japan that apparently have all the usual data (ht/wt/bday/etc). If we know their birthdays and assuming they're born in the same year (highly likely in Japan's system).

Found the japanese wiki for K-On!

Yui: ht 156cm, wt 50kg bloodtype O bday: November 27
Tsumugi: ht 157cm, wt 53kg, bloodtype O, bday: July 2
Ritsu: ht 154cm, wt 48kg, bloodtype B, bday: August 21
Mio: ht 160cm, wt 54kg, bloodtype A, January 15

Source - japanese wiki for K-On! http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/けいおん!

So, Mio is oldest and Yui is youngest if they're all the same year birth, imagine that....

Also, all pretty average height and weight for japanese late teens.

PS: Azusa is ht 150cm, wt 46kg, bloodtype AB, Nov 11
(hmmm, same height and weight as my wife ... o.O)
*gasp* They're not stick thin! They're actually realistic weights and heights!

Man, I've been watching too much bishoujo lately.
Old 2010-04-15, 20:20   Link #171
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mio could be the youngest if they go by school year. With Mugi being the oldest. (Mugi, Ritsu, and Yui born is 199X and Mio born in 199X+1) Japanese School years being April to March. This would also put Mio and Azusa as being born in the same year.
Old 2010-04-17, 04:24   Link #172
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Mio could be the youngest if they go by school year. With Mugi being the oldest. (Mugi, Ritsu, and Yui born is 199X and Mio born in 199X+1) Japanese School years being April to March. This would also put Mio and Azusa as being born in the same year.
Fraternal twins?

And Mugi being the oldest....that explains why she knows so much about *beep*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-17, 19:25   Link #173
TremendousLion
Drum Legend

Send a message via AIM to TremendousLion
Is Mugi bisexual? I'm very curious about this, as she has shown signs of interest in females, but no where does it show if she is interested in boys, so I am assuming she is, because no where (other than Ep. 2 of K-On!!) does anyone show interest in boys.
Old 2010-04-17, 22:49   Link #174
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They're attending a girl's school. And like Azumanga Daioh and many others - its about that secret world girls dwell in. Also keep in mind that this is Japan, studies and club activities often swamp personal time budgets anyway - and they're busy.

However, they *have* at least thought about boys - they were depressed at New Years that not even their cute teacher Sawako has a boyfriend so what are their chances? Apparently, whatever boys are in the area are complete idiots.
Old 2010-04-17, 23:03   Link #175
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremendousLion View Post
Is Mugi bisexual? I'm very curious about this, as she has shown signs of interest in females, but no where does it show if she is interested in boys, so I am assuming she is, because no where (other than Ep. 2 of K-On!!) does anyone show interest in boys.
We can't even begin to infer whether or not Mugi is bi rather than lesbian, since K-ON!(!) has an extreme lack of boys that the girls would dare have love interest in. Heck, Mugi might be heterosexual and just be a fan of cutesy shoujo-ai, which any anime populated by an exclusively female cast leaves a lot of room for.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-04-18 at 20:32. Reason: you don't have to do what The Man tells you in order to be "straight" on the right path.
Old 2010-04-17, 23:40   Link #176
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wait what Yui is taller than Ritsu?
Old 2010-04-18, 00:17   Link #177
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Yeah, and Yui has smaller boobs too. That's two strikes against the tomboy stereotype: Ritsu's the shortest and doesn't have the smallest bust size.
Old 2010-04-18, 01:30   Link #178
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Yeah, and Yui has smaller boobs too. That's two strikes against the tomboy stereotype: Ritsu's the shortest and doesn't have the smallest bust size.
Wait, you sure Yui has a smaller bust size? Last time I checked, Ritsu was beaten in that category too...also the reason why only her and Azusa teased each other about their breast sizes. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
She was always portrayed as the shortest out of the main four...manga or anime.
Old 2010-04-18, 01:37   Link #179
Kudryavka

Spoiler for Boob Check. They're in Bikinis, So It's Not NSFW, Right?!:

Fans were surprised.
Old 2010-04-18, 05:36   Link #180
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Wasn't that inconsistent animation? XD

Spoiler for Boob Check...bikinis are SFW, right?! 8DDD:

So yeah...Yui wins here. >8D

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-04-18 at 12:26. Reason: inappropriate content removed
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a