AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 14 19.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 18.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-14, 10:24   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:59   Link #2
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

I really liked this episode. Tells us a bit more about Balle Masque. At first I really thought that Flame Haze at the beginning would have a bigger role. Didn't thought she would die instantly, lol. Also I found the little boy really cute hehe Can't wait for the next episode!

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot about Yuji's "new regained voice" It reallyy sounds weird, lol. (probably need to get used to it)

Last edited by Sakai Yuji; 2011-10-14 at 12:11.
Old 2011-10-14, 12:04   Link #3
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

The battle of Sydonay vs unnamed flame haze was a good start, but he defeated her so easily, I was specting to see him using his tiger arms or some other tranformations. And I guess that the Lord of that Flame Haze was on the sword?

After that there wasn't too much emotion on the episode, was kinda weird to see the double-voice of Yuji lol

It was good episode tho, since they are still introducing new characters. And I'm glad to see that they are giving some more attention to Keisaku on this season, he got out of coolness once that the paper started to shine (which was probably a Tomogara detector).

I think that if I continue I'll spoil someone, so just going to shut my mouth here-
Old 2011-10-14, 12:11   Link #4
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

The double voice for Yuji might help clear the misunderstanding of when SnH is speaking as Yuji or SnH himself. Good decision by JC Staff imo...although sometimes his voice is a bit TOO deep lol
Other than that a decent episode, shit will start getting real soon
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-10-14, 12:50   Link #5
tsunade666

what a CLIFFHANGER!!! what's with that development and to top it all I'm not familiar with the novel so I don't know what's happening. Got to wait next week but I felt that the story is being rushed. The transition from one scene to another looks too fast but the same time feel okay. And as usual for JC staff's inconsistent animation. They do great at some point but lows the animation at some point.

How many volumes will be animated?
Old 2011-10-14, 13:05   Link #6
alvinkhorfire

Sorry for writing something off-topic.

Can anyone list down the japanese tv channels that are broadcasting Shakugan no Shana III anime and what time they do so (with respect to GMT)?

Thank you very much.
Old 2011-10-14, 17:19   Link #7
Senshigeia

I so want to see it!! Must be pacient...
Old 2011-10-14, 18:25   Link #8
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Sorry for writing something off-topic.

Can anyone list down the japanese tv channels that are broadcasting Shakugan no Shana III anime and what time they do so (with respect to GMT)?

Thank you very much.
The only one I know and the one I watch is Tokyo TV (MX TV on Keyhole). It airs at 1:30 am Japanese time.
Old 2011-10-14, 19:35   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what a CLIFFHANGER!!! what's with that development and to top it all I'm not familiar with the novel so I don't know what's happening. Got to wait next week but I felt that the story is being rushed. The transition from one scene to another looks too fast but the same time feel okay. And as usual for JC staff's inconsistent animation. They do great at some point but lows the animation at some point.

How many volumes will be animated?
The entire final arc it seems...

So...vol 16-22 ?
Old 2011-10-14, 19:36   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Sydonay vs unnamed flame haze
So
Spoiler for novel:
ends up as filler? WTF.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:31   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So
Spoiler for novel:
ends up as filler? WTF.
Yeah...she deserves more screen time than that at least.

[mod edit: removed hint about future novel content]

Nice design on Decarabia's scale thingy...

And that ED, heart pumping crack.

The way they did the adaptation so far these two eps reminds me of the way they did Index..

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-14 at 21:05. Reason: No novel-related hints or comments
Old 2011-10-14, 21:24   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Acha, that lolicon, Sydonay... If that random Chinese Flame Haze was a loli, he wouldn't have killed her. But all because she was a bit old... *shakes head*

The episode... didn't really feel like it moved. Shana continues training, Sakai of the Three Kingdoms talks and flirts with a female cyclops.
All while a beetle and a deformed Firby talk about how suspicious a bard and assassin looks (look in the mirror...).

And Sakai changing his voice randomly all the time...
And that swinging/shining of his long, braided hair...
And then he suddenly appears in his original 2nd season form... (; -_- ?)
And the ED's random rapping... Which I guess is at least better than the OP's screaming.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-10-14, 21:24   Link #13
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Woah. Opinions differ greatly. If doesn't remind me of Index much. Maybe it's just me, but it seems fairly unique.

And SnH's voice is just a little too deep. Just a little.

Looking forward to the third episode already. ^_^

[mod edit: removed spoilers related to next episode content]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-14 at 21:28. Reason: No discussion or speculation about future content based on the novels is allowed
Old 2011-10-14, 21:27   Link #14
Freeter
beyond

Oh man, that last part on the train had me in stitches. That scream was priceless

Too bad the Sydonay fight wasn't longer. Hopefully his apparently short-lived female opponent finds her way into the Shanatan special.
Old 2011-10-14, 21:30   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Woah. Opinions differ greatly. If doesn't remind me of Index much. Maybe it's just me, but it seems fairly unique.
I find his voice okay...

No I mean like Index in the amount they decide to fit in per episode and such, not storywise
Old 2011-10-14, 21:35   Link #16
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I find his voice okay...

No I mean like Index in the amount they decide to fit in per episode and such, not storywise
Ohhh. My bad. But I guess they're still in the process of introducing the many characters so meh.
Old 2011-10-14, 21:49   Link #17
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

The "Aizen" of Shakugan no Shana resides in Yuuji!! Well, I guess "Aizen's" voice is kinda befitting for a seemingly final boss in this final season.

Other than that, nothing much else to comment. But this episode definitely has more things developed than the 1st. Will be interesting to see what plans "Yuuji" has in mind next episode.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2011-10-14, 21:49   Link #18
Swimming

Oh my Yuji's voice is so weird! But still, good episode
Old 2011-10-14, 21:49   Link #19
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
For the most part this episode was rather boring. It seemed like a lot of stuff was happening, maybe too much. I think Shana has always worked best with the playful SoL moments mixed with action and seriousness. Which may be why I found this season to be pretty jarring, but on the other hand, what can they do? It's a serious situation, so can I really fault them for that? No, not for that in itself.

So Yuji turns out to have teamed with team rocket err... the Bal Masque. I hope they are not the best this series has to offer, since they're not a particularly exciting lot outside of Hecate, aside from the occasional attempts to steal Pikachu err Yuji. But they've already succeeded, so... why not get a few jobbers to lose to you to gain some credbility?

I also can't help but laugh at Yuji's new voice, especially the shifting. Mind you, it's a very sexy voice, but for some reason I keep thinking of the talking cat from Haruhi. It's that silly. What else? Stuff. Shana's experiencing angst, obviously because Yuji is gone. This is reasonable, but I'm rather disappointed everyone else is unwilling to care. Why do you people think Shana is not focused? Gah.

But not is all bad. The last scene involving Keisaku was really good. It's kinda sad that he's way more developed then most of the other characters in this anime. Shana II may be bashed often, but Keisaku's personal growth in it was something to be admired and appreciated. It represents the series at its best. The tension came from the alert that there might be an enemy nearby, and his freaking out was the second time in these 2 episodes where I could feel for a character and understand his actions. I mean, he's just a normal; he can't do anything by himself. Or can he?

Good transition to the ED; I thnk the next episode might be better for my tastes.

5/10-- didn't care til the end. And Yuji reappears with the normal hairstyle. yay?
Edit: Well, Sabrac... if only he did something

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-14, 22:24   Link #20
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol that flame haze got wasted fast. That voice doesn't suit Yuiji at all. So the Silver is the guy in charge? I wander what Peol meant by the old master, so he has a back up body? Nice ending with him finally returning to Misaki.