Yurifag

It's funny that people didn't complain about same artstyle in OreShura
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 07:24   Link #102
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
FYI, public opinion on the original art has nothing to do (or any say) with who gets to work on the manga adaptation or how it ends up looking like. By your logic that means Itachi's art style for the Haganai manga means the public found Buriki's art bad.

Also LLO's still getting work, which he wouldn't if people didn't desire his not good art.
No, what I meant was the art style that was chosen for the anime, not what art style a manga adaptation would have. Manga adaptations can have whatever art style they want. Whether they're good or bad is a different matter altogether.

Well, people do have different tastes, it's just that what I observed was that the majority of opinions concurs with mine.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 19:25   Link #103
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It's funny that people didn't complain about same artstyle in OreShura
I didn't? Okay, I'm complaining now.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 06:15   Link #104
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

The 2nd PV looked better than the first. Animation's good. I really liked the manga adaptation's character designs, but I say I also like the designs used for the anime (from the LN) - so no problems there for me.

I've got no major problems with the cast either. Yaya's voice sounds higher-pitched than I expected, but I can live with it. However from the 1st PV... Sigmund, what have they done to you?
Old 2013-06-04, 00:08   Link #105
chancs

Anime in fall. That's news for me. Yuppiee
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:15   Link #106
Xion Valkyrie

I like the style they're using for the anime a lot better than the one the manga is using. Also, the story seems a lot more interesting in the way they presented it with the PV than what the manga has shown right now.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 08:10   Link #107
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I do understand that, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. After all, it's the manga adaptation that got most of us interested in this series in the first place, and the manga's art style is vastly superior to the LN's. At least, to most people.
And all that is meaningless because it was the LN that got most people interested in the series in Japan, you know the place where this anime is being made? They don't give a shit about how their minor manga adaptation brought attention to western fans because it got t/l because it's much easier than doing a LN.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 09:34   Link #108
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And all that is meaningless because it was the LN that got most people interested in the series in Japan, you know the place where this anime is being made? They don't give a shit about how their minor manga adaptation brought attention to western fans because it got t/l because it's much easier than doing a LN.
I know right.

Well then, let's just see how the anime goes.
Old 2013-06-25, 23:33   Link #109
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Definitely a white knight, but he's a very likeable character. You won't find the usual dense character who plods through the plot through luck.

That said, I'm happy to see this animated. I was wondering when it would happen; maybe it's not that popular? Ah well. The story isn't exactly a happy one, maybe that's why....
Now see, for me both of these aspects only heighten my interest. I have not doubt that there will be fanservice and what not (like in manga and what little I have read of novel tl), but I am still hopeful overall. I like the overall idea too.
Old 2013-07-15, 09:37   Link #110
iamadooddood
NOM.

I just checked the characters' page. The character designs looked surprisingly better than I'd hoped. Not what I wanted, but still better than the impression the PVs gave me.

And apparently it'll be covering the first 2 volumes of the light novels in 12 episodes. Shorter than I expected, but ah well.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:06   Link #111
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
I just checked the characters' page. The character designs looked surprisingly better than I'd hoped. Not what I wanted, but still better than the impression the PVs gave me.

And apparently it'll be covering the first 2 volumes of the light novels in 12 episodes. Shorter than I expected, but ah well.
What!? NOOOOOOOO!
Old 2013-07-15, 12:00   Link #112
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
What!? NOOOOOOOO!
Lol... 6 eps per volume isn't gonna compress the material much. Which means that LN readers will find it quite enjoyable. Continues the tradition of adaptations of this series not butchering the original! (Then again, SAO had 6 eps per volume too, and people still complained that it removed so much material...)

I think this is gonna make the chances of a 2nd season higher, assuming season 1 does better than half-flop.
Old 2013-07-15, 18:11   Link #113
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Lol... 6 eps per volume isn't gonna compress the material much. Which means that LN readers will find it quite enjoyable. Continues the tradition of adaptations of this series not butchering the original! (Then again, SAO had 6 eps per volume too, and people still complained that it removed so much material...)

I think this is gonna make the chances of a 2nd season higher, assuming season 1 does better than half-flop.
Oh. I was just looking at the 12 episodes part. If it's 6 episodes per volume, then I can live with that. We might actually get to see a decent, adaptation with a high chance of a second season.
Old 2013-07-15, 18:17   Link #114
sky black swordman

Quote:
This is the 3rd (AFAIK) anime adaptation from a light novel to use that format of two volumes for 1-cour.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-07-15 at 18:47.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 21:36   Link #115
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Pretty good news. The first and second story arc were my most favorite ones as they still heavily focused on the story and character development, while the story arcs 4++ are just a bunch of harem hijinks, with endless incoming chicks dropping their pants for our MC (To the point of pointless shipping). And while some people on few pages ago mentioned that Raishin is much better than Ichika, i kinda disagree. Its true that he was still cool on early story arcs, but his denseness toward the girl advances just gets more and more irritating and tedious to read in later volumes, almost similar to Ichika.
Spoiler:

Last edited by backbone; 2013-07-15 at 21:44. Reason: Adding rant
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 00:50   Link #116
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
This is the 3rd (AFAIK) anime adaptation from a light novel to use that format of two volumes for 1-cour.
I only know Hataraku Maou-sama. What's the other you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Pretty good news. The first and second story arc were my most favorite ones as they still heavily focused on the story and character development, while the story arcs 4++ are just a bunch of harem hijinks, with endless incoming chicks dropping their pants for our MC (To the point of pointless shipping). And while some people on few pages ago mentioned that Raishin is much better than Ichika, i kinda disagree. Its true that he was still cool on early story arcs, but his denseness toward the girl advances just gets more and more irritating and tedious to read in later volumes, almost similar to Ichika.
Spoiler:
I thought volume 7 actually had some useful plot. And after volume 8 I think the harem is more or less set and the story starts moving on to the next part.
Spoiler:

And how could you blame those two for showing denseness when the only alternative they have is being attacked by their own harem? Would you rather Raishin show denseness or would you rather he not show denseness and get attacked by a certain yandere again and again? I suppose you pick the latter.
Old 2013-07-16, 03:21   Link #117
backbone
Banned

You have to know how hard i facepalmed at the time. I was like "WTF, it's already vol 8 and you still want to add more?"
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 03:35   Link #118
sky black swordman

Quote:
I only know Hataraku Maou-sama. What's the other you know?
Well, you mentioned one of them and the other is High School DxD.
Old 2013-07-16, 05:41   Link #119
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
You have to know how hard i facepalmed at the time. I was like "WTF, it's already vol 8 and you still want to add more?"
You're not going to like Date A Live then.

Maybe Kikou will be like 20 volumes long or something then the growth of Raishin's harem will seem like a smaller arc in comparison?
Old 2013-07-17, 20:42   Link #120
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I rather have them deliver a full experience than to butcher the plot. DAL is beyond horrible in that regard - although for that series I much prefer the latter volumes than the first half.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, comedy, harem