AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-03, 08:53   Link #21
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@jiryu i can't read it but i already know it's a bunch of balony.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 09:24   Link #22
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Very characteristic response, no?
Old 2006-09-03, 09:47   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyu
I think they have official explanation here regarding Destiny's low power
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/story/index.html
I don't know Japanese but I used Babelfish to translate it. From what I understand, it seems something is wrong with Destiny's engine.
Doesn't seem like a very "concrete" explanation to me (much like Morita's explanation), but apparently the suit still needed adjustments and Shinn just overused it.

Last edited by brightman; 2006-09-03 at 14:59.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 10:07   Link #24
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

heh
and here I thought that Destiny was supposed to be battle ready lol
so Destiny's Wing of Lights is just a flashy thing lol what's the point in making it then? lol
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 10:09   Link #25
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyu
I think they have official explanation here regarding Destiny's low power
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/story/index.html
I don't know Japanese but I used Babelfish to translate it. From what I understand, it seems something is wrong with Destiny's engine.

Edit: Go to phase 42 and click D-I.Q.
thanks for sharing the link
I guess I'll have to do the same as you
Though a translated version from someone would be most welcomed
Old 2006-09-03, 10:32   Link #26
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
what's so special about the Wings of Light?
Nothing. It just looks great! From what I see it's just there to drain the shit out of your battery just to get the same effects as the Freedoms wings.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 12:41   Link #27
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Well, would the Mirage Colloid be factored into the power drain when Destiny uses its WoL? That could possibly give a reason as to why Shinn's Hyper Deuterion was able to drain so easily, even though Kira's SF technically has WoL as well (when the DRAGOON system is active).

That or maybe the SF/IJ had all the kinks worked out in the Hyper Deuterion system since they were made after the Destiny/Legend. All I know is this: Destiny's WoL drain the eff out of the battery, for whatever reason.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 13:09   Link #28
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Nothing. It just looks great! From what I see it's just there to drain the shit out of your battery just to get the same effects as the Freedoms wings.

I guess Dullindal wanted to copy Lacus' special dust sadly it's a trademark dust and copying it results in a huge drain of batteries and makes the pilot dumber lol
Old 2006-09-03, 13:38   Link #29
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon
Well, would the Mirage Colloid be factored into the power drain when Destiny uses its WoL?
Please remember that the Mirage Colloid comes with a magnetic field to keep it in place, meaning that the electromagnets needed to spread the gas around still need power to spread out the EM field - but what is the consumption rate? Unknown. Unless the long range cannon, beam rifle and palm cannons use a lot of energy at each shot and Shinn completely lost track of his hyper capacitor's gauge evolution, I don't see why the WoLs should have drained the battery of so much energy...Blitz used Mirage Colloid all over its body yet it could remain cloaked, IIRC, for 90 minutes or so. I guess Shinn went trigger happy and didn't remember to check his instruments. And the nuclear reactor (it is also theorized that the reactor is smaller due to its different position inside the frame compared to SF and IJ's, with less amount of volume to cram it in) couldn't replenish the battery fast enough to provide Shinn with the wherewithal to continue flying and remain combat effective.

Perhaps Kira was also a little smarter and let Shinn waste his energy knowing how double-edged the HD technology was. Who knows.
Quote:
That could possibly give a reason as to why Shinn's Hyper Deuterion was able to drain so easily, even though Kira's SF technically has WoL as well (when the DRAGOON system is active).
...Nobody knows if it implements Mirage Colloid technology, too. Just that the visual effects are the same. Freedom's exhaust gasses had red sparks yet it's not MC we're seeing - those are just eye candy effects. It's a bit early to make comparisons and draw conclusions just on looks. For all I know, SF's so-called WoLs are a glitzy replacement for the DRAGOONs to keep our eyes off the ugly, skeletal look the wings offer when the cannons are loitering away for spamfest.

For all we know, those might be exhausts from the so-called 'laser-ignited fusion thrusters' Bandai/Sunrise has yammered about in either one of those FAQ books or model packages (check the links provided in page 01).

In the event that those are indeed WoL (but without MC tech since there are no afterimages), I then find it stupid to only have it available when the DRAGOONs are off. If they truly wanted to make SF a badass unit the so-called WoLs should be available at any second. Not in space only.
There is also the possibility that those 'WoLs' are a variant of the Voiture Lumière (and they should be called solar sails, then), which would explain why they can only spread out in space (but where do the DRAGOONs go, then?) and which does have at least one ounce of credibility since Stargazer and Delta Astray were apparently SF's forefathers according to Shigeru Morita...I don't see why he would have bothered to draw links between the three unless SF has something to do with an unmistakable or exceptional feature only DA and SG have and that he wanted to have passed on to SF - and the only thing that stands out and that I can think of is: VL. But this is mere speculation, once again. It is too early to make a conclusion.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-09-03 at 13:50.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 13:56   Link #30
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Please remember that the Mirage Colloid comes with a magnetic field to keep it in place, meaning that the electromagnets needed to spread the gas around still need power to spread out the EM field - but what is the consumption rate? Unknown. Unless the long range cannon, beam rifle and palm cannons use a lot of energy at each shot and Shinn completely lost track of his hyper capacitor's gauge evolution, I don't see why the WoLs should have drained the battery of so much energy...Blitz used Mirage Colloid all over its body yet it could remain cloaked, IIRC, for 90 minutes or so. I guess Shinn went trigger happy and didn't remember to check his instruments.
Keeping Mirage Colloid in place over Blitz's body is not energy intensive at all, IIRC. The only reason it was limited to 80 minutes or so was because the MC particles dissipated over time. And there's a huge difference between keeping a small amount of MC particles on a MS's body and continually spewing them all over the battlefield with WoL.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 14:00   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Please remember that the Mirage Colloid comes with a magnetic field to keep it in place, meaning that the electromagnets needed to spread the gas around still need power to spread out the EM field - but what is the consumption rate? Unknown. Unless the long range cannon, beam rifle and palm cannons use a lot of energy at each shot and Shinn completely lost track of his hyper capacitor's gauge evolution, I don't see why the WoLs should have drained the battery of so much energy...Blitz used Mirage Colloid all over its body yet it could remain cloaked, IIRC, for 90 minutes or so.
Blitz could use the Mirage colloid only at the expense of its PSA. Destiny can use WoL on top of its PSA, so the power consumption's greater. Besides, for obvious reasons, Blitz didn't use its weapons while cloaked. Not beyond the first shot.

Besides, it's very possible that the WoL are much more gluttonous in power than mere invisibility, since it's used to actually make kinetic energy.

Quote:
I guess Shinn went trigger happy and didn't remember to check his instruments. And the nuclear reactor (it is also theorized that the reactor is smaller due to its different position inside the frame compared to SF and IJ's, with less amount of volume to cram it in) couldn't replenish the battery fast enough to provide Shinn with the wherewithal to continue flying and remain combat effective.

Perhaps Kira was also a little smarter and let Shinn waste his energy knowing how double-edged the HD technology was. Who knows.
Maybe. And yet Kira, all nerdy that he is, isn't shown to really fight smart. He mostly uses his superior mastery of his MS and accuracy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 14:44   Link #32
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Blitz could use the Mirage colloid only at the expense of its PSA. Destiny can use WoL on top of its PSA, so the power consumption's greater. Besides, for obvious reasons, Blitz didn't use its weapons while cloaked. Not beyond the first shot.

Besides, it's very possible that the WoL are much more gluttonous in power than mere invisibility, since it's used to actually make kinetic energy.

Maybe. And yet Kira, all nerdy that he is, isn't shown to really fight smart. He mostly uses his superior mastery of his MS and accuracy.

true Kira relies on his reflexes mainly he is excellent at dodging and blocking and has an excellent aim
Old 2006-09-03, 14:54   Link #33
grandmaster192

Quote:
true Kira relies on his reflexes mainly he is excellent at dodging and blocking and has an excellent aim
Kira's a good pilot but I will say he relies alot on the power and speed of his gundams. I would say the other pilots are better at piloting a average unit then Kira.
Old 2006-09-03, 15:14   Link #34
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
so Destiny's Wing of Lights is just a flashy thing lol what's the point in making it then? lol
It's a propulsion system.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 15:15   Link #35
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh

Oh, don't forget, Kira is also a master of swords. A lot of his instant kills were done by the endge of his sabre. Thats one thing we can't dismiss

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 15:37   Link #36
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Kira's a good pilot but I will say he relies alot on the power and speed of his gundams. I would say the other pilots are better at piloting a average unit then Kira.
I'm not so sure he did ok when he used Strike Rouge to rendez vous with Eternal he managed to disable a few gouf and zaku which outstrips the old gundam.
Strike Rouge is now obsolete and even Zakus and Gouf are better so with a less than average suit he did quite well.
Old 2006-09-03, 16:07   Link #37
grandmaster192

Quote:
I'm not so sure he did ok when he used Strike Rouge to rendez vous with Eternal he managed to disable a few gouf and zaku which outstrips the old gundam.
Strike Rouge is now obsolete and even Zakus and Gouf are better so with a less than average suit he did quite well.
Thats not true. The Strike Rouge is not obsolete, it's a upgrade of the old strike. I don't see why you would say Zaku's and Gouf's are better then it. The Strike Rough is the exact same thing as the Force Impulse. It has the same weapons and every thing. It can fly to. It has a riffle, Saber and shield. the Same weapons as Shinn uses to pwn shit...Kira should have been able to trash those grunts the same way Shinn does. The Strike Rough is just as mobil as the Impuse..just look at that move Kira did in it. I think if that was Shinn or even Athrun those grunts would have been trashed.
Old 2006-09-03, 16:16   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And Eternal a mass of space debris?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 16:26   Link #39
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Thats not true. The Strike Rouge is not obsolete, it's a upgrade of the old strike. I don't see why you would say Zaku's and Gouf's are better then it. The Strike Rough is the exact same thing as the Force Impulse. It has the same weapons and every thing. It can fly to. It has a riffle, Saber and shield. the Same weapons as Shinn uses to pwn shit...Kira should have been able to trash those grunts the same way Shinn does. The Strike Rough is just as mobil as the Impuse..just look at that move Kira did in it. I think if that was Shinn or even Athrun those grunts would have been trashed.

Agreed on that, Kira doesnt seem THAT great outside his Freedom

(omg, i agreed on something with grandmaster192, thats something that doesnt happen every day )
Old 2006-09-03, 16:27   Link #40
_X12A_Testament

Quote:

Not quite - Strike Rouge doesn't have a million replacement parts that can be flown in and reassembled DURING battle like the impulse does. Of course the enemy will stop attacking and wait for impulse to reassemble....
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote