AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 10:26   Link #7841
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by labpartner View Post
Love those random moments from Nanoha/Fate/Vivio life. Demand more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
nice one, a view of Nanoha/Fate/Vivio everyday life, lolz.

i want more.
Nanoha's too young to properly take care of a child on her own :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Too bad the SS showed that things turned out otherwise, with Fate pretty much distancing herself from Vivio.

But this is Satashi-nyan; canon can't touch you; that is a mark of a Goddess!
Kha-chan, if you've read any of my stories, you should know canon was never a part XD

The way I see it, that line in the soundstage meant nothing. Fate was never Vivio's mama, and she never claimed to be. She said "In a way, I'll be like your mother. I'm your godmother."

So I don't see why any N/F shipper would be upset over the soundstage line. Nothing changed really. Vivio simply grew up and understands the difference in "mama" and "godmother" now.

Although I feel bad for Fate. She tried to adopt Erio and Caro didn't she? and that fell through, and then Vivio called her mama.... I think she may have distanced herself from Vivio not just for Nanoha but for herself too....

Wow, that's fanfic fodder right there! Fate, having failed at adopting twice, finally has a girl call her mama. But that girl is the adopted daughter of her best friend. I wonder what kind of mental stress that put on Fate?

*thinks* maybe I should write something on this...
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 11:43   Link #7842
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

yes write it...angst.. @.@! want @.@
wanwan1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 12:14   Link #7843
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Nanoha as an instructor:

Nanoha grinned and taunted her students, flying around their blast easily. "Hahah! Is that the best you have!?"

Nanoha as a mama:

Holding her cell phone to her ear by leaning her head, the girl looked at the two objects in her hand. "Well, Fate-chan," she spoke into her phone. "This one is cheaper, but the other one has ;Choosy moms pick this' written on it... which one should I get for Vivio?"

Nanoha as a mage:

Standing above the flaming ruins of the befriended, the White Devil chuckled to herself before taking to the air and flying back to report her mission finished.

Nanoha as a mama:

"Oh please don't cry, Vivio!" The mother knelt down and tried to calm the wailing girl. "Um, um, here, you want your bunny?" She held up the plushie doll to no effect. "Um, dinner? are you hungry? Want a snack? Ohhhhhhhh what does Fate-chan always do!?"

Nanoha as a woman:

Walking down the base on her day off, Nanoha felt all eyes on her. Short shorts rode up her rear end and her breasts bound only by a wireless bra jiggled with each step. As she left a trail of bleeding noses for the MILF, she smiled to herself and pushed up her light sunglasses with a finger.

Nanoha as a mama:

"Eh? What was that? Sorry Fate, I can't hear very well." Nanoha tried to keep her phone on her ear while washing dishes in the sink as Vivio ran around the kitchen's wet floor. The Tv was blaring in the background and her clumsiness sploshed more water over the counter.

"Mama, mama, I want macaroni and cheese!"

"Just a moment, Vivo-" a loud clang made her look to the side to see Vivio already pulling out different pots and pans. Running over to her, she slipped and fell down, groaning as the water from the still running sink over flowed and started pouring down onto the floor. Weakly she reached to her phone. "No, Fate-chan everything is alright!"
Aww, cute. I laughed at the Nanoha as a woman one. Nanoha sure has her hands full with Vivio and Fate away.

Quote:

Although I feel bad for Fate. She tried to adopt Erio and Caro didn't she? and that fell through, and then Vivio called her mama.... I think she may have distanced herself from Vivio not just for Nanoha but for herself too....

Wow, that's fanfic fodder right there! Fate, having failed at adopting twice, finally has a girl call her mama. But that girl is the adopted daughter of her best friend. I wonder what kind of mental stress that put on Fate?

I sense some angst coming on! I feel bad for her too...

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 13:11   Link #7844
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
Wow, that was intense. Sad though, with Precia and Fate. Arf and Zafira!! Where are they? It was cool when Nanoha sort of flew. So that was the ending? or like a sort of ending and there is more to come? Either way I like it so far and I look forward to you new idea while this is on hold.
That was supposed to be the ending if I had followed my original notes, which I haven't. So it's not the real ending and after some more planning (and after I write the other story I mentioned, which shouldn't turn out too long ), the story will pick off from where this left off, or a bit further in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent000 View Post
Kinda sad as we don't know what's happened to Fate.

Whats the new idea?
About the new idea: I don't really want to reveal much of it yet as I haven't even started writing anything for it, it's still just a small draft at the back of my head. It won't get posted any time sooner than mid-September though. All that I can actually say is that it intends to have focus more on Hayate and less on Nanoha and Fate. Also, I'll try to see if I can follow canon as closely as possible. (which makes me think I may need a beta-reader).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Excellent point. Let me see if I can be equally articulate in my explanation of why I'm going to stick with it. I'm trying to mimic the exchange between "Publius" and "Cato" from the American Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers. My writing and my intelligence are far below that of Hamilton's and Clinton's respectfully (think limbo levels), so I'm at least aiming for the "feel" of a heated yet logical public exchange. With that said, public exchange is a tricky bugger, because you cannot gauge your audience, nor can you track who is reading your message. Thus, you have to have the "letter" work on multiple levels to reach the highly educated people as well as the literate people who only have a vocational education. Like the letters of Cato and Publius, the letters of Cincinnatus and Trallus play with the readers emotions through flattery and other basic rhetorical devices, but the pseudonyms carry a deeper meaning for those that are highly educated (aka the rich and powerful) and allows them to read between the lines of passionate speech to the underlying message.
Now, here's where I jump from an assumption which you may or may not agree with. We know the stories of ancient generals and kings because they are incorporated into our own national histories. Israel does not hold a monopoly on "David and Goliath," and Rome cannot rise from the dead (Zombie!Rome) to claim "Cato" for itself. I tend to think that a large cosmopolitan nation like Mid-Childa would have the stories and histories of its immigrants from other worlds incorporated into its own culture. That is not to say that everyone would know the history behind an ancient figure from an unadministered planet, but I would like to think that there would be at least one Earth Studies major sucking on a beer-bong at some Mid-Childa university. By using Cincinnatus, Hayate is explicitly waving the banner of a small unadminstered planet to those who can "see" it in an effort to say that these organic, sentient beings have value even though most of them lack linker cores. Hayate is writing on two levels using the same words. Firstly, she's aiming at the masses using emotional arguments, and, secondly, she aiming at the rich and educated (who actually run the nation) by aiming and appealing to their esoteric knowledge.

Also, Hayate's been sending out the letters from her personal video monitor. Lethir knew who Cincinnatus was from the get go, but trying to maneuver Cincinnatus out into the open without making him look like a political animal took a little longer. We'll get there, but I'm "guessing" that the candidacy announcement did take him by surprise.

Does that answer it?
*goes back to typing out "'Tain't y'all" and "Thank ya kindly" and shakes head*
After reading through the explanation a few times not to miss any important details, I can say that I agree. Putting it like that, Hayate's choice of name makes perfectly logical sense. Yes, that answers it. I believe the only matter which could still remain debatable is the number of people who could 'see' through the meaning, to actually make a difference. But in the end, I think it's futile because it's impossible to do anything more than assume and approximate the numbers as there isn't enough info to make a correct deduction.

Quote:
Kha-chan, if you've read any of my stories, you should know canon was never a part XD

The way I see it, that line in the soundstage meant nothing. Fate was never Vivio's mama, and she never claimed to be. She said "In a way, I'll be like your mother. I'm your godmother."

So I don't see why any N/F shipper would be upset over the soundstage line. Nothing changed really. Vivio simply grew up and understands the difference in "mama" and "godmother" now.

Satashi, what do you intend to put Fate through now?

Well, good angst is always fun to read, so I'll agree with WanWan! Please write it!

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 13:24   Link #7845
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:

I was going for people thinking Vivio would be the one so I hoped Syn wasn't too expected.
Ah, it wasn't that I expected the ending, but rather that I was *hoping* for it, since I'm a sadistic nut who loves a good ole fashioned noble sacrifice. If Vivio had gone instead, it'd feel like just another reckless act of parent-traumatizing-bravado. In a way, I wanted something to teach Vivio that when she puts Nanoha's 'zen-ryoku zen-kai' motto to use, it's not just her that's being put on the line (Sins of the Mother? ). In retrospect, Syn in this fic was also guilty of the same recklessness, but it just felt like she was the more sensible one, since she was doing most of the fretting lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
canon can't touch you
That is such a quotable quote Canonical privilege!
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 14:05   Link #7846
Black_Wolf
Warrior and Fluffy Pillow

Comeback!!

Ok, this is my first short in a while. Slightly inspired after Satashi's To make a mother proud, made me appreciate Syn as a character more, and kinda spurned me into action after the ending. Damn i'm such an easy target when im hit with angst, lol.

Just a random short, well long short, which i came up with. Just a kind of How Vivio and Syn met. It was going to be under 500 words, but i kinda got carried away. Was written instantaneously so may be a few errors in there but i think i got most of them.

I used Syn as a character, all credit for her goes to Keroko, hope your ok with it. I don't think i portrayed her too differently to what you envisioned although if you have any tips please message / PM me as i might continue this depending.

Spoiler for The Beginning:

Last edited by Black_Wolf; 2008-08-05 at 15:30.
Black_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 14:06   Link #7847
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
The Name of War
Chapter Six: Always Watch The Clock And Keep A Spare Set Of Keys
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4380342/6/

Fluff Fluff Fluffy Fluffy Fluff Fluff Bleagh!

Spoiler for Chapter 6 Fluff Without that Annoying Plot:

I dedicate this chapter to Black_Wolf and TSS for obvious reasons.
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 14:22   Link #7848
Black_Wolf
Warrior and Fluffy Pillow

Quote:
The Name of War

Fluff! Beautful Fluff, sad in the morning warm and fuzzy in the evening! oh yeah! I thank you Alquall for another splendid chapter. Good intermission between the serious stuff. Lol At Nanoha's predicament, hehe Arfs got so much blackmail she won't know who to bribe first. Although i don't think the question of Syn's involvement has been confirmed nor denied. Any further comments *holds out a microphone*
Black_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 14:28   Link #7849
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Wolf View Post
Ok, this is my first short in a while. Slightly inspired after Satshi's To make a mother proud, made me appreciate Syn as a character more, and kinda spurned me into action after the ending. Damn i'm such an easy target when im hit with angst, lol.

Just a random short, well long short, which i came up with. Just a kind of How Vivio and Syn met. It was going to be under 500 words, but i kinda got carried away. Was written instantaneously so may be a few errors in there but i think i got most of them.

I used Syn as a character, all credit for her goes to Keroko, hope your ok with it. I don't think i protrayed her too differently to what you envisioned although if you have any tips please message PM me as i might continue this depending.

Continue it. Cant help but think of the misadventures those two can get into, as well as the hilarity of when they introduce each other to their parents, or when their parents meet (or would Nanoha/Fate and Elena already know each other).
Seraph42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 15:57   Link #7850
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
This probably needs some heavy editing, but I'm in exam weeks now so if I don't post now it might be awhile . Of course, I'll probably end up slacking anyway...

Life goes on
Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for A/N:
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 18:07   Link #7851
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
hehe, I was looking forward to your reply since she's your character ^_^ I'm glad you liked it! TeleIce worked really hard on that drawing, isn't it great?
Yes it is. Definetely saved that one.

Quote:
Spoiler for The many faces of Nanoha:
Oh dear, looks like Nanoha has it hard now that Fate decided to leave things more in Nanoha's hands.

Quote:

I fully agree, nothing really changed. Some shippers would rather that difference never existed, though, since it was only mentioned once and never again, they simply denied it. To them, Fate always was Vivio's mother, just like Nanoha. All the Sound Stage did was point out something that may have been... forgotten in the heat of fanservice.

Quote:
And Erio, in fact, she did adopt both. The both of them just saw her more as a kind older sister rather then a mother.

Quote:

Oh dear, poor Fate.

Quote:
Ok, this is my first short in a while. Slightly inspired after Satashi's To make a mother proud, made me appreciate Syn as a character more, and kinda spurned me into action after the ending. Damn i'm such an easy target when im hit with angst, lol.

I used Syn as a character, all credit for her goes to Keroko, hope your ok with it. I don't think i portrayed her too differently to what you envisioned although if you have any tips please message / PM me as i might continue this depending.

Hmm, in my head Vivio and Syn were supposed to meet in their first school, but this works too. No problems with Syn so far, looking forward to reading more of this.

Quote:
The Name of War

Hayate to the rescue! And imagining the Zafira dancing scenario was fun, the tip home was hilarious. Hayate decided to make a bondage party to relax? Well, to each their own methods I guess.

No Syn, but this fic did spawn a nice Vivio/Syn scenario. What if the two met because Hayate set out to find Vivio a partner for the school ball?

*furious scribling ensues*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph42 View Post
Continue it. Cant help but think of the misadventures those two can get into, as well as the hilarity of when they introduce each other to their parents, or when their parents meet (or would Nanoha/Fate and Elena already know each other).
Depends. Elena is a well known admiral, so Nanoha would have at least heard off her, though whether she recognises her immediately by face is up to the author. The name would give an instant 'click' though.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-08-05 at 19:45.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 19:19   Link #7852
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I know that Satashi-nyan.

ZOMFG did I just give Satashi-nyan a Khrackburst?! WANT THAT FIC NAO!
Old 2008-08-05, 21:54   Link #7853
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
The Name of War

Blue fluff! Sign me up for membership to the League of the Sexy Blue Wolf.

...although, wouldn't the gossiping girls also notice that Zafira was a familiar like Arf is?

Speaking of whom, I miss Arf in grown up form. Did she hide her ears and tail the first time she met Kid!Nanoha in canon (think it was at some obligatory hotspring)? I can't recall, since I did plow through the series rather quickly (just so that I could put face to names in fics lol).
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 22:41   Link #7854
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
The Name of War

I read it. I didn't really like Zafira/Vivio but it was acceptable in the situation. I really like teh way you write.
Old 2008-08-06, 01:19   Link #7855
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Uhmmm... people, I never said that I was gonna leave Nanoha and this thread

I just can't leave such bunch of cool guys, I'm adict to you!
Old 2008-08-06, 01:54   Link #7856
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
This chapter took way too long...

Spoiler for [Medieval!Nanoha] Chapter 9:

Spoiler for Notes, an explanation and something extra::
I think I know what happened to you here, you started to write this fic without knowing how to end it, Right? Ha, ha, don't woryy, that happens to me sometimes (Nanoha/Marvel ) Now, I sugest you to take that break in order to clearify your mind, I see an entir oportunity with elements like Fate, Precia, Arf, Zaphira, Erio, etc...

Let's just presume that this is like The Lord of the rings, the end of the first part XP

@marksellus: Oh, you'r back! "throws confeti" I really missed you, I almost turned Emo T_T I'm happy to see you back here, how your vacations? did you Enjoyed them?

Random note: A preview of the nextc chapter of NROTU:

And by my surprise, I recived PMs of my friends asking me to continue with VSOTP! O.O

Maybe I'm gonna continue it but probably not very often and I'm gonna make it shorter
Old 2008-08-06, 05:24   Link #7857
Hiria
ArisaxSuzuka Fan! ^^

Send a message via Yahoo to Hiria
Quote:
Spoiler for To Make a Mother Proud pt.10 (Final):

OMG... Great Ending.

Spoiler for Nanoha as an instructor::

LOL. Nice job, Satashi-san... Nanoha as a mama made my day.
Hiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 07:32   Link #7858
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
Quote:
The Name of War
Spoiler for Snip!:
Spoiler for Snip!:
Spoiler for Snip!:

And yet again, a nice job. Nice fluff compared to the TSAB politics (MORE ON THIS! Hillar.. er um Hayate is 44!) seems like the proper way to do this sort of thing. ZafraXVivio, at first I was eh, but then I was happy. Well done. I like how the TSAB is humanized, because the anime has idealized it a lot, and deconstruction in a fanfiction is healthy.

Satashi
Spoiler for Bad End (To Make a Mother Proud):

Thanks for depressing me. BAD END indeed!

Kai the Reaper
Spoiler for MEDIVAL NANOHA:

Wow, I see this story almost like Bezerk, in my head,. Its always good to have AU (Stares at Satashi and Vampire!Fate
Ryand-Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 08:37   Link #7859
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I just love the SynxVivio influx right now. The white rubber writing was funny and cute. Personally I liked it, though Syn might have been a little OoC.

Quote:
The Name of War

I like the fight/dance part with Arf, that was funny. Interesting song, though I find Girlfriend slightly annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
This probably needs some heavy editing, but I'm in exam weeks now so if I don't post now it might be awhile . Of course, I'll probably end up slacking anyway...

Life goes on
Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for A/N:
Heh, Arisa is so overprotective. Stalking him without even checking if Suzuka accepted. I love the ending with Arisa telling Suzuka to go to sleep instead of reading. Look forward to more of Suzuka in the next chapter. Good luck with exams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I think I know what happened to you here, you started to write this fic without knowing how to end it, Right? Ha, ha, don't woryy, that happens to me sometimes (Nanoha/Marvel ) Now, I sugest you to take that break in order to clearify your mind, I see an entir oportunity with elements like Fate, Precia, Arf, Zaphira, Erio, etc...

Let's just presume that this is like The Lord of the rings, the end of the first part XP

@marksellus: Oh, you'r back! "throws confeti" I really missed you, I almost turned Emo T_T I'm happy to see you back here, how your vacations? did you Enjoyed them?

Random note: A preview of the nextc chapter of NROTU:

And by my surprise, I recived PMs of my friends asking me to continue with VSOTP! O.O

Maybe I'm gonna continue it but probably not very often and I'm gonna make it shorter
Hi! No don't go emo! Vacation was horrible but fun. If that makes any sense. I have my flight home tomorrow (16 hours of flying= ). You shouldn't be surprised that people PM'ed you. I'm glad you're not going to drop the story. The next chapter of NROTU looks interesting...and scary. Speaking of NROTU I read it. I didn't really expect Signum to break down like that. She is a tough warrior. I feel bad for Quattro. Dr.Faust is scary. ZOMG! A centurion! I love the reference to Vatican Knights. With the killing them part. Epic battle between ROBO_GATSURALLY and Nanoha! She can't die, but that was a major wound. I can't believe he threatened to kill Vivio! I can believe ROBO_GATSURALLY didn't die after he got breaker'd. Vita!!! What will become of her!

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 10:53   Link #7860
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

I was listening to my (bootleg) CD of Avenue Q while working and thought I'd do a short of it lol. So here it is: the third installment of Section Q!

Spoiler for Mix tape:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha