AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-29, 10:57   Link #5361
James Rye

Actually guys, wasn't there a girl where Oga did not misunderstood "kissing" and "sleeping together" with "I break your arms" or "I break your back"?
Remember?
The girl from who Oga, the demon overlord of all delinquents of the city, ran away like a b!tch?

I'm talking about MoeHilda!

I can't remember a scene with MoeHilda where Oga tried to hit her or throw her or otherwise hurt her physically. And when he heard that she needed a "kiss" to wake up, he totally flipped his shit BECAUSE he fully understood what this means. XDDD

I know, that MoeHilda wasn't liked by some readers, but I for one enjoyed how a girl made Oga feel so helpless despite his strength and fearsome aura and that simply due her wanting to be his cute, adorable and lovely wife and housewoman. <3
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 11:13   Link #5362
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

No, I'm completely with Mentar on this one.

You can see that this is more than just a fight to Oga - right after Aoi challenges him to a fight in pg25, Oga smiles to himself in one small panel, which suggests that he knows more about this than he's letting on. Aoi smiles in return: both knows this is no mere fight. That's why the fight ends poignantly, with him asking if she 'feels better' - note that he has never extended this courtesy to her before. Or anyone at all.

In the second last page, Aoi calls out to him, and Oga pauses. In classic anime frame, his expression is the only one that couldn't be seen, and we see Aoi saying 'thank you' to him (it appears Nene has an indication that something has indeed happened). It's a blink and you'll miss it moment - note all the little panels laid out in the manga frames, especially with Oga, and you'll see there's a deeper connotation than what you're proposing.

I agree with the comments that says romance has no place in this series. I, however, have a problem with simplifying and watering the series down to the other extreme, where people think Oga is nothing more than a mindless shounen brute.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 18:25   Link #5363
pampz21
ShipCore

Wow; I cant believe you guys are expecting something with Oga?>.. Guy is a world-class dunce the only one who can make Oga become powerless is Hilda or rather Memory-loss Hilda. But still its shown on that chapter that even Oga has an understanding with romance its just being a dunce is much more comfortable to him than rejecting a person. From my POV Oga is just a guy who cant put his feelings into words.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 18:54   Link #5364
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ That's right so he puts his feelings into his fists.

Heh, blame Misaki for Oga's inability to grasp anything outside of a fight. Oga can put 2+2 together and even do 2+a = 4 at times as well but it's rare. He understands the core nature of a person, he doesn't really like to bother with everything else that goes with a person such as their responsibilities, their past, or things like that.

He might not have romance in his head for Aoi (such as we see it) but there is a relationship there that only Hilda can come anywhere close to. Just because she likes him doesn't make him obligated to answer back exactly the same way. Would be nice but...*shrugs* He understands Hilda since she also uses 'brute force tactics' on par or even above his own. Her being a demon and constantly saying that she's only interested as long as Beel is kinda puts him out for that.

Aoi doesn't want that. She's going using a different path. Unfortunately, this is the much longer, harder path to take. Bless Aoi, she's trying to make him be a man as 'normal society' sees they should act but he doesn't care. It's going to be a loooong, slow process. If she had a slightly more straight-forward personality, she probably would be his girlfriend right now. As such, Oga's probably picked up the 'clues', looked at them, and then got a big '?' above his head since he doesn't know what the hell he's holding.
Old 2015-03-21, 22:43   Link #5365
Hokoga

Beelzebub Side Story ch6 was released today, apparently its the last chapter.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 23:54   Link #5366
omega253

Yup, Beelzebub is done. It was a fun ride, but there was a lot of wasted potential, too. I liked that Hilda hesitated when she stated that they would never come back.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 01:51   Link #5367
pampz21
ShipCore

Well its better that we get more comedy in Jump weekly; rather than a ch. who god knows when they're gonna release. So I guess its good for us and the author in this regard.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 08:41   Link #5368
sayf82

the suicide bomber cat was a pikachu parody?
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 10:57   Link #5369
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was hoping for at Saotome chapter before Beelzebub ended for good. Oh well
Old 2015-03-22, 11:15   Link #5370
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Yup, Beelzebub is done. It was a fun ride, but there was a lot of wasted potential, too. I liked that Hilda hesitated when she stated that they would never come back.
Yeah that was a telling moment. She also blushed at the end saying "Let's go back home". That's cute.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence