AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-27, 06:48   Link #61
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Wooo! Looking very nice - thanks to A-Kraze for the trailer fansub. And Vinny is looking very cool indeed. Interesting to see that there are scenes from the game - I suspect flashbacks is right. Bring on Cid and Yuffie! Um...possibly DON'T bring on Cait Sith.

Really excited about this one...
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 07:44   Link #62
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, to a certain extent I can relate with what CodeWordChobits is saying. It's not that none of the FFVII fans have no right to speak about the series in general, heck, I'm a fan myself--but it sometimes feels irritating when FFVII is used as the ONLY standard from which all other FFs are compared to. It's like you went to the concert of your favorite band only to discover that the crowd was somewhat bored, when all of a sudden they start singing along with the band's one and only song that ever got famous on the radio.

Sure, FFVII is what brought other players to play the older FF games but you have to admit something was really lost (and gained) as FFVII entered the fray. That's why we have FFX-2 which aims for mass appeal. Games are for profit true, but something was indeed lost along the way--a certain charm, a character that separated it from other RPGs. I hate the fact that FFX-2 destroys one of the few great things that FFX ever had--its ending. But that's my personal opinion. Now we have this Advent Children. Actually I'm excited and a bit indifferent to it at the same time.

I'm sorry if I sound like some high-strung purist or whatever, which is not really my intent. My first Square games were Secret of Mana, FFVI and Chrono Trigger, so I'm also quite new. But the opposite extreme is also true: the fans who just go "OMG!!! SEPHIROT!!!1111"

(And Kingdom Hearts is definitely a world on its own. None of the FFs were ever directly linked save for FFX and FFX-2.)
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:19   Link #63
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

hmmm is this a new anime or the promo of the game??
i think it's a anime base on the game not really sure..
anyone got any info?
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:20   Link #64
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Wow its been a time since i've seen you post ZGMF-X10A, but as for the trailer I realy don;t know.
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:28   Link #65
Zor

Heh....i've been waiting for someone to post this :P

Did you guys take a good look at the promo??? )))) ahhhhh im practically drooling......look at the grpahics!!!!!! wowowowowowo.................

summer 2004........arrrgghhhhh when is summer????? we dont have summer here.....so tell me kudasaiiiii tasketeeeee....
Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:29   Link #66
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
hey ya it's been a long time... haven't been online for a while got into final fantasy 11 too much ^^ it's so cool.... but the bad thing is that you gotta spend alot of time in the game or else you get nowhere .. anyways.. i just finish watching the trailer.. it looks so cool ... not sure if some shots were from the game because i haven't played the game.. but it looks pretty cool.. wonder what Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children whole meaning mean...
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:51   Link #67
user6177
Account Closed By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A
hmmm is this a new anime or the promo of the game??
It's a movie 'bout what happens 2 years after the game.
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 09:43   Link #68
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, it's a DVD movie. Head here for more info: http://www.adventchildren.net/
Old 2004-02-27, 10:20   Link #69
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i dont like calling them squareenix so i just call them square, i'm sorry but eh thats just me

plus FFVII = squaresoft anyways
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 10:56   Link #70
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Given Square's past track record in making movies and shows, and now that I've seen the trailer for this thing...

I'll be staying away from it. Far far away. And Kingdom Hearts has nothing to do with it, surprisingly enough.
Ballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 11:02   Link #71
roudy000

Like Ervyone said its not a game...( it would be incredible if it was but no)

But for my opinion it look magnificient ....cloud is a little "bizzare" but we'll get used to it...

For game purpose : >Some rumor are spreading that whit the sucess of FFX2 (first final sequel ever) they (squarenix) were planning a long time ago a sequel for FF7 that may be already in work or planned to be...

I know its just rumors but we can dream ))

my question tough is "does advent children will be consider as a fansub?? (before it gets liscenced)"
roudy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 11:50   Link #72
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
Given Square's past track record in making movies and shows, and now that I've seen the trailer for this thing...

I'll be staying away from it. Far far away. And Kingdom Hearts has nothing to do with it, surprisingly enough.
ummm Somehow i feel this movie is going to be great. TSW was a flop. FF unlimited was crap. But this is going to be one hell of a movie if you ask me. I will be staying very very close to this one.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 11:55   Link #73
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Third time's the charm, huh?

They screwed up on the first two attempts,
so they're bound to get it right on the third?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 11:57   Link #74
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Third time's the charm, huh?

They screwed up on the first two attempts,
so they're bound to get it right on the third?

They screwed up their first attempt (Final Fantasy: The Legend of Crystal) too... So this is actually the fourth attempt. (then again they aren't really responsible for tLoC and FFU's failures since they weren't the ones who made them)
Old 2004-02-27, 11:59   Link #75
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

True enough
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 12:05   Link #76
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yeah, it's a DVD movie. Head here for more info: http://www.adventchildren.net/
thanx for the link

it sound really awesome cant wait for the release
Old 2004-02-27, 12:06   Link #77
Merco
I like pie

Another rumor I've heard is that they're planning to remake the original FF7 with current artwork and animation styling. It's something along the lines of the rumor you've heard I suppose...
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 13:22   Link #78
Sharingan Master

This is going to be the animation event of the year. Although people who are not familiar with the games are going to see FF7:AC and think "They're already by 7?" "I remember The Spirits Within and then this comes out?"
Sharingan Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 13:28   Link #79
user6177
Account Closed By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan Master
Although people who are not familiar with the games are going to see FF7:AC and think "They're already by 7?" "I remember The Spirits Within and then this comes out?"
Is it possible to not know FF?!
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 13:31   Link #80
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I thought that the story for this was completely different from FF7.... I remember reading somewhere that they were only using the characters from the game in some variation of the story....

and is the trailer that animesuki is listing the same trailer the HAWKS released like a few months ago?

Tags
action, science fiction