AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 19:34   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I also wouldn't assume that bit has been censored just yet. Still could see it in the next ep.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 19:54   Link #102
Slick_rick

I think it is all interpretation. I don't personally think it was their intention to show him as a coward but intention really doesn't matter in relation to what you actually see on the screen and how you view it.

When a person is accused of having no heart and then you change a scene like that statement can be taken in a different way now. If you can logically see how someone can reach that interpretation from the scenes shown, which I think you easily can, then that interpretation is thereby valid. You might not agree with it but it is still a valid interpretation.

I hope we do actually revisit the ending in the next episode. It should help at least clear what actually happened because the ending wasn't as clear on the events leading up to and just before the accident than I would have liked it to be.
Old 2012-01-15, 20:20   Link #103
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I also wouldn't assume that bit has been censored just yet. Still could see it in the next ep.
random question but are you the same guy that blogs for RC? Hopefully they don't censor that scene.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:12   Link #104
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
random question but are you the same guy that blogs for RC? Hopefully they don't censor that scene.
Yes, that's my moonlighting gig...
Old 2012-01-16, 01:22   Link #105
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
The problem I find with the anime change is it seems like Kakeru froze when the truck was coming for him. His brother who wasn't even looking in the direction of the truck was able to see and react to it while he stood there staring at it. Even how the scenes connect right before the accident happens seem disjointed in the anime.

The scene really stuck out as an unnecessary change and damaging to Kakeru's character. Personally I think he is looked down upon enough in the manga to begin with by the other characters so the anime adding more scenes for that purpose seems overkill to me. It's one thing to accuse him of lacking heart but now also seems they want to come out with the more blatant accusation that he's a coward.
The way I saw it was that Suguru just had faster reflexes since he was a world-class athlete, and he probably had almost a sixth sense for anything moving quickly towards him and Kakeru is just your average in-shape middle schooler. Kakeru could have been lost in thought too when the truck came towards them.

I don't see how anybody could reasonably say that he was anything like a coward because he didn't react fast enough. I think the changes helped make Suguru more heroic while it didn't change anything for Kakeru.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:52   Link #106
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
The way I saw it was that Suguru just had faster reflexes since he was a world-class athlete, and he probably had almost a sixth sense for anything moving quickly towards him and Kakeru is just your average in-shape middle schooler. Kakeru could have been lost in thought too when the truck came towards them.

I don't see how anybody could reasonably say that he was anything like a coward because he didn't react fast enough. I think the changes helped make Suguru more heroic while it didn't change anything for Kakeru.
That's one interpretation. You have to decide if you believe he could have reacted or not. Which for the most part is just a matter of preference and can lead to many different conclusions. You believe he couldn't have reacted but even in this interpretation you degrade Kakeru's character in a way.

Kakeru was shown to be the only one who was able to see and react to his brother passes but you would have us assume in your interpretation that Kakeru reflexes aren't "world-class" like his brothers. Now his ability to react to those passes isn't really seen as an accomplishment in lieu of more evidence that Kakeru is "just your average in-shape middle schooler". Your words and you can see how this event has already shaped a different image of Kakeru that you most likely would have had if it had been different.
Old 2012-01-16, 17:56   Link #107
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not sure why people didn't like the change of the accident from the manga. If anything, the vagueness of not actually showing the actual accident is yet another nod to Adachi's works. But that's just me being an Adachi fan... :Heh:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 10:13   Link #108
kitten320

I think allien dude is obvious one, it's a girl. The allien showed up the moment she arrived.

Also I found accident scene weird... how come it is Suguru that is protecting Kakeru and not other way around. Suguru had his back facing the car while Kakeru had a perfect view and did nothing!
Old 2012-01-17, 14:21   Link #109
king12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I think allien dude is obvious one, it's a girl. The allien showed up the moment she arrived.

Also I found accident scene weird... how come it is Suguru that is protecting Kakeru and not other way around. Suguru had his back facing the car while Kakeru had a perfect view and did nothing!
It's not that hard to conceive. The truck with its cargo undoubtedly made some weird noises as it scraped the railing and the reaction on Kakeru might have gave it away.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 12:42   Link #110
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

lets just say that that ending was orders of magnitude ridiculous.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:55   Link #111
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 3-A Brother's Pulse:

Episode gets a 7/10. Loved the first half and most of the second half. That scene at the end was really not to my liking.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:29   Link #112
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3-A Brother's Pulse:
That scene wasn't in the manga. There's nothing even close to that really. It's anime original stuff.

EDIT: watched the episode just now.
Spoiler for ep3:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-01-20 at 23:19.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:50   Link #113
AlaAlba

haha
Spoiler for 3:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 23:48   Link #114
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2012-01-21, 00:37   Link #115
king12354

Well, the last scene helped convey that Suguru-mode does exist in Kakeru.

What I liked a lot is how Suguru told Kakeru that he didn't have the heart to play soccer and now, he has his heart. Makes his words a lot more meaningful and gives a lot of depth to the characters.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 00:43   Link #116
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm fairly neutral to most of the changes... I actually like the flashback a bit, actually.

Sure, the ending scene was a bit ridiculous, but I can live with that.

But how dare they remove the
Spoiler for manga:
scene.

I MAD.

With that being said, I think we can expect this adaption to be slightly closer to how Eyeshield 21 was adapted, as in liberal changes all-around are made to the execution of scenes and additions, but it doesn't really alter much as a whole.

I'd be happy with a proper adaption because that would actually capture the original approach and feel of the source material, but I guess this kind of changes are fine too since it'd make the watching experience a bit more original. I just hope the animation team knows restraint when it comes past the prologue.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 00:59   Link #117
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm fairly neutral to most of the changes... I actually like the flashback a bit, actually.

Sure, the ending scene was a bit ridiculous, but I can live with that.

But how dare they remove the
Spoiler for manga:
scene.

I MAD.
Um... The next episode title is
Spoiler for Episode 4 title:
Old 2012-01-21, 01:33   Link #118
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Um... The next episode title is
Spoiler for Episode 4 title:
In the manga...

Spoiler for manga differences:

Even if they do the above next episode, I felt that the timing is kinda ruined.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-01-21, 01:35   Link #119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
In the manga...

Spoiler for manga differences:

Even if they do the above next episode, I felt that the timing is kinda ruined.
Could be, but I'll wait and see how it plays before I make that call.
Old 2012-01-21, 01:38   Link #120
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Could be, but I'll wait and see how it plays before I make that call.
Yeah. I'm just a little bit frustrated as that was the scene I was most looking forward to, personally.

Like I said, I'm okay with most of the changes since it definitely makes it a different experience compared to the manga.

Tags
shounen, sports