AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 08:17   Link #561
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Really confused why only group 1 and group 25 are fighting ?? and back to back ??? what happened to the other other 2 - 24 groups ?

and why the hell are people quitting before even fighting... Why the hell bother signing up for the compitition in the first place? what a waste of time. Awesome to see Seul finally, and shes fighting concervatively for the long group hual,. I've already picked her as the dark horse ~_^
They are fighting each other in each group. Two pairs at a time - one from the top of the list and one from the bottom(1 and 25). After the match - the winner goes for a next match. So, unless other fighters in a group quit - we have 3 matches in a group one after another.

People do forfeit because they understand they are no match or just scared. One thing is to know you are gonna be kicked and the other to see how one guy beats another to a pulp
Old 2012-07-16, 12:19   Link #562
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah... I'm wondering what's the point of Jae Gu fighting the boxer first. A grudge match between Jae Gu and the redhead was hyped for several chapters. The boxer is clearly stronger than the redhead, so fighting the redhead later loses any significance it had before.
yeah, I was thinking he fight the red head for his first match. Then go on to fight the boxer dude. I was previously thinking the only way Jae Gu would qualify, is if boxer guy substained an injury and widthdrew from the qualification. When the white haired guy appeared, I thought this is it. It could happen. If hes not carrying an injury by now, Jae Gu only chance of victory is a clever ring out win if he wishes to qualify and then be placed vs Queen in the first round ~_^

but personally, I think the qualifications rounds are a mess at the moment. Sure if your last in line, you need to win 1 match.. but if you're first, you need to win 10+ back to back with limited rest... truely unfair. For example, look at Seul, shes started her opening match in a stamina concervitive manner. Shes got quite a few matches to fight.

Also Jae gu shouldnt be in the group stages, he was suppose to be privilaged into the last round of qualifcation. but I guess if thats the reason hes last in line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They are fighting each other in each group. Two pairs at a time - one from the top of the list and one from the bottom(1 and 25). After the match - the winner goes for a next match. So, unless other fighters in a group quit - we have 3 matches in a group one after another.

People do forfeit because they understand they are no match or just scared. One thing is to know you are gonna be kicked and the other to see how one guy beats another to a pulp
But they are suppose to be professionals who have prepared for this competition. Why bother turning up if you're just going to get scared by the other competitors. They even have safety messures in place ? so whats the harm in trying? Jae Gu originally was going to bail/tap out because he didnt want to be there, and he wasnt trained/prepared for it. But now with a change of heart, hes there to give it a go.

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-07-16 at 12:45.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:08   Link #563
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I agree, the tournament system makes very few sense. It seems the author tries a bit too hard to change the formula here. Having to fight one's way up while doing more fights than others with no pause... this has nothing to do with a fair competition, it's totally arbitrary.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:34   Link #564
bludvein

I think if the author plans to keep even a sliver of realism here Jae-Gu should lose, if for no other reason than experience. Besides, even if he somehow won he has no chance against Queen.

Not sure where the author is going with this. I thought his big fight would be against red-head. Granted hes not supposed to be very good, but I figured it would serve as a stepping stone to teach Jae-Gu the right mindset and whatnot. Instead his first fight is against arguably the best fighter in the qualifiers.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:45   Link #565
Velsy

I mentioned vs Queen, because I'd put money on thats going to happen ~_^. Remember Queens not allowed to choose her first round opponet, she gets a random qualifier O_o
Old 2012-07-17, 07:54   Link #566
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I agree, the tournament system makes very few sense. It seems the author tries a bit too hard to change the formula here. Having to fight one's way up while doing more fights than others with no pause... this has nothing to do with a fair competition, it's totally arbitrary.
This is a high school competition, shit like that does happen. I'm not sure how competitive you were in sports in school, but the organisers tend not to drag this sorta shit out if it's a tournament. They normally end in a day, so you do end up having one match after the other in certain occasions if your unlucky, you simply prepare yourself for such an occasion and move on.

Quote:

But they are suppose to be professionals who have prepared for this competition. Why bother turning up if you're just going to get scared by the other competitors. They even have safety messures in place ? so whats the harm in trying? Jae Gu originally was going to bail/tap out because he didnt want to be there, and he wasnt trained/prepared for it. But now with a change of heart, hes there to give it a go.
They're highschoolers if you hadn't noticed, so no not quite professions and it was already stated, the "safety" rules are pretty light in this competition, meaning there is a risk coma/permanent injury.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:56   Link #567
kazzuya13

Yeah... I know.... After all that build up of the fight between Jae Gu and the red-haired bastard... And nothing.... And that was the reason he trained so much and he wand up fighting the boxer dude who has barely bully him compare to that red-haired bastard...
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:02   Link #568
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Yeah... I know.... After all that build up of the fight between Jae Gu and the red-haired bastard... And nothing.... And that was the reason he trained so much and he wand up fighting the boxer dude who has barely bully him compare to that red-haired bastard...
TBF such a fight was highly illogical. It's simply not how competitions work regardless how shounens portray them to be. You have no idea who you'll fight against, so there was always a very good chance he wouldn't manage to actually fight him in the competition. The best he could hope for was to win his matches hope the other guy wins his and meet somewhere along the tournament.

I can't remember if the tournament is actually seeded (it should be if the organizers/mangaka was smart) but if that's the case they would never have fought in the first round. and maybe not even second.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:40   Link #569
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF such a fight was highly illogical. It's simply not how competitions work regardless how shounens portray them to be. You have no idea who you'll fight against, so there was always a very good chance he wouldn't manage to actually fight him in the competition. The best he could hope for was to win his matches hope the other guy wins his and meet somewhere along the tournament.
Yeah, but for storytelling purposes, the rivalry between them is now meaningless.

Then again, maybe that's what the author wanted. Maybe Jae Gu has grown past that already.

Quote:
I can't remember if the tournament is actually seeded (it should be if the organizers/mangaka was smart) but if that's the case they would never have fought in the first round. and maybe not even second.
IIRC, it was seeded, and that's how Queen initially got to pick Jae Gu as her opponent, but she lost it when she got into trouble with Jae Gu.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:43   Link #570
Velsy

Quote:
This is a high school competition, shit like that does happen. I'm not sure how competitive you were in sports in school, but the organisers tend not to drag this sorta shit out if it's a tournament. They normally end in a day, so you do end up having one match after the other in certain occasions if your unlucky, you simply prepare yourself for such an occasion and move on.

They're highschoolers if you hadn't noticed, so no not quite professions and it was already stated, the "safety" rules are pretty light in this competition, meaning there is a risk coma/permanent injury.
They are highschoolers in a school who train in different types of fighting styles.... The whole school is mad about fighting and sports, or did you miss that part.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:45   Link #571
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
They are highschoolers in a school who train in different types of fighting styles.... The whole school is mad about fighting and sports, or did you miss that part
Still high schoolers. You can have highschools that are focused/do best in sports that doesn't make their students professionals does it?
Old 2012-07-17, 10:00   Link #572
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I wouldn't keep on about the high school thing. This is a tournament that is broadcasted live nationwide with sophisticated equipment.

Also, we're not talking about track and field here, it's a full contact competition.

The author just uses the tournament system and the strange device of many never-appearing, retiring "competitors" as a means to surprise viewers with certain matchups since there is no predetermined grid.
Old 2012-07-17, 10:53   Link #573
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I wouldn't keep on about the high school thing. This is a tournament that is broadcasted live nationwide with sophisticated equipment.

Also, we're not talking about track and field here, it's a full contact competition.

The author just uses the tournament system and the strange device of many never-appearing, retiring "competitors" as a means to surprise viewers with certain matchups since there is no predetermined grid.
Yeah no, your missing the point. This isn't the sole or main income source for the majority of the competitors it is not their livelihood, and they could just as easily give up and go to university to study something else with little reprocussions. This being shown on TV doesn't change that at all.

A professional at something isn't mere someone whose shown on tv doing something, it simply means the media has an interest in whatever your doing, whether it be serious or not. Of course the two generally go hand in hand but it's far from a requiste. These people are not professionals basic logic would tell you this.

Back original subject since, these aren't professionals but mere highschool students who have an interest in sport and likely would have had some thoughts about becoming pro. Fighting against someone who may leave permanently injured or in a coma would deter from taking part and pursing something. That's the difference. They don't lose anything by giving up and professional does, which is why like the person said they generally don't, since it's generally their source of income.
Old 2012-07-17, 15:44   Link #574
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

What the... I didn't even mention the term "professional" ... Why are you trying to lecture me about the term "professional"? I'll try to put it even more simple:

The competitors, like the audience, take this tournament very seriously. Except for Jae Gu, who's supposed to be the odd one out, most actual appearing characters are presented to be (for their age) experts in their field. They may not make money with it but you can't deny that they're very serious about their sport. How is it wrong to expect a sensible set of fair tournament rules in a story that focuses so much on competitive martial arts? The author surely didn't choose this system because they're just highschool students and this doesnt "drag this sorta shit out"

About the people dropping out: Each and every one of the competitors participated feely on their own, so we can assume they have some confidence in their fighting abilities, right? That also means they should have some experience with fullcontact martial arts. People giving up before a fight rather than during a fight is a mere plot device to me.
Old 2012-07-17, 16:03   Link #575
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
What the... I didn't even mention the term "professional" ... Why are you trying to lecture me about the term "professional"? I'll try to put it even more simple:

The competitors, like the audience, take this tournament very seriously. Except for Jae Gu, who's supposed to be the odd one out, most actual appearing characters are presented to be (for their age) experts in their field. They may not make money with it but you can't deny that they're very serious about their sport. How is it wrong to expect a sensible set of fair tournament rules in a story that focuses so much on competitive martial arts? The author surely didn't choose this system because they're just highschool students and this doesnt "drag this sorta shit out"

About the people dropping out: Each and every one of the competitors participated feely on their own, so we can assume they have some confidence in their fighting abilities, right? That also means they should have some experience with fullcontact martial arts. People giving up before a fight rather than during a fight is a mere plot device to me.
The fight system is almost anything goes almost no rules, and it's mixed gender. There's nothing "fair" about this competition, it's dangerous as fuck. Hence why I said standard highschooler who may be at first interested in this sort of thing would likely change there mind when they found out more about it. Basically they wanted to get on TV but didn't want to get hurt. From that point of view it's not exactly illogical. People have attempted to do far more silly things in order to become famous.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:16   Link #576
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

lol at that red haired guy. He's now afraid of Jae Gu
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:31   Link #577
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
lol at that red haired guy. He's now afraid of Jae Gu
His not afraid they were all shocked of what happened just look at Moon young (Red haired boxing girl) even she is surprised....
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:35   Link #578
ShiroiRyu

Oh man the 48.
This speed. OO
Old 2012-07-18, 15:20   Link #579
Awrya
U mad?

How do the prelims work? Boxer guy and Jae Gu were both first in their groups, why would two different groups fight another
Old 2012-07-18, 15:26   Link #580
Johnny
Working the bags...

Should have fought the red haired bastard first. Only way he'll when now is if Jae Gu is hurt or worse loses to boxer guy. What's the point of all this worked up angst crap with the red haired bastard then? Poorly done if you ask me, but that's just my opinion...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom