AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 13:27   Link #561
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
If Urobuchi is to be believed, I actually think Homura will somehow, someway, take or share Madoka's burden, which could explain why her wings become chaotic and witch-like at the epilogue. She is now also carrying the despair and grief of all magical girls across time, making her the guardian angel of earth. The "ganbatte" at the end is Madoka trying to comfort Homura and cheer her on for her new responsibility, which could last for eternity.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I had something like that in mind too. And there's a deep sense of tragedy in this premise (what you put in spoilers), so it's right up Urobuchi's alley. lol
Old 2012-09-27, 13:47   Link #562
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

I think it could go along the lines that Madoka's kindness needs cynism to counterbalance.

The problem I see with her wish is that she wished to save all magical girls with her own hands.

It means she is the one who judges their souls and she has to face the sins and misfortune they brought and endured.

The problem with this is that Madoka is too kind. Her world view was based around her good hearted friends getting screwed by a starfish alien in a system that was completely unfair to those becoming magical girls, however, she never stopped to think that many magical girls had controversial lifes of murder and selfishness.

Most female historical figures, and by definition all great magical girls, had to bear the burden of brutal crimes commited for their own ends yet Madoka just brings her to heaven the same way.

That's where the problem starts, she can't bring herself to punish others, she can't bring herself to let people suffer for their wrong life choices and therefore she is getting pressed down by a reality she can't cope with.

If there is any indications why demons rise is because humanity still generates despair on it's own stupidity and selfishness, their increasing numbers are proof that magical girls are not fulfilling their duty to make the world better while the muggles just slip further into a life of vanity and waste.

As heaven gets filled by selfish corrupt magical girls who take their salvation for granted and people further slip into a self-destructive path dragging earth down to hell, Madoka is likely taking it hard to her sanity that many of the values she ascended to protect weren't actually the witches' fault.

So enters Homura, the powers that be which raised Madoka are likely at work again to balance the Universe against the excesses allowed by Madoka's system.

In the end, if I am right, Homura will help Madoka save a dying universe only to become a dark goddess that will hunt down and condemn to despair all magical girls who stray from their path.

Expect a lot of ax craziness as witches will probably make a come back in the form of batshit insane undead meguka who sport lots of body horror.
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:02   Link #563
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
All of that strikes me as extremely unlikely, if only because the only thing Urobuchi hates worse than optimism is undermining the previous accomplishments of protagonists.
Old 2012-09-27, 14:07   Link #564
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_haxor View Post
Third Movie Info

Madokami can't defeat despair?

YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS!
Kirei would be so happy right now...xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:22   Link #565
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
All of that strikes me as extremely unlikely, if only because the only thing Urobuchi hates worse than optimism is undermining the previous accomplishments of protagonists.
Well, unlike the premise for the tv series, which Urobuchi came out with pretty much on his own, the concept for this movie was a collaboration work, so it wouldn't be surprising that it doesn't sound like Urobuchi that much.

Then again, he could be trolling, who knows? I think we can expect the movie to be centered around Homura like he said in a previous interview, but anything beyond that is anyone guess.
Old 2012-09-27, 18:02   Link #566
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I just think there's a world of difference between "Madoka can't 100% handle things" and "Everything Madoka accomplished is going to be undone because fuck hope".

If anything, the scenario I see is that Madoka needs to speak to Homura and send her on pilgrimages to do things for her. Perhaps that's why she was in the "Not Japan" desert.
Old 2012-09-27, 18:07   Link #567
Kazu-kun

Quote:
If anything, the scenario I see is that Madoka needs to speak to Homura and send her on pilgrimages to do things for her. Perhaps that's why she was in the "Not Japan" desert.
That doesn't sound dramatic enough to warrant a movie imo, but who knows. Let's wait and see.
Old 2012-09-27, 20:34   Link #568
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Depends on what Madoka's asking her to do.

We still don't know anything about the demons, and we know at some point the production notes had the idea that they'd try to revive the Witches. For all her messianic goodness, Madokami's abilities are pretty limited.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:19   Link #569
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Depends on what Madoka's asking her to do.
The Maju trying to revive the witches sounds like a stretch, but even if that was the case, I don't expect Madoka to ask anything from Homura, since from the start Madoka doesn't have the ability to communicate with her. She does seem to be able to do it in the last scene from the anime but I think the movie is supposed to take place before that point? All in all, whatever is happening with Madoka (provided something really is happening with her) Homura will probably have to figure it out by herself.

It's funny how Homura is sometimes compared to Batman, because Batman is a detective. If this movie has the same mystery vibe than the series, we might be able to see Homura doing her Batman thing trying to find out what the hell's happening with the Maju or whatever the series is about. That could be really cool.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:49   Link #570
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's funny how Homura is sometimes compared to Batman, because Batman is a detective. If this movie has the same mystery vibe than the series, we might be able to see Homura doing her Batman thing trying to find out what the hell's happening with the Maju or whatever the series is about. That could be really cool.
Does that make Sayaka Jason Todd?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 23:49   Link #571
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Does that make Sayaka Jason Todd?
... So Kyouko is a reformed Joker?

If we're comparing everyone to DC Comics characters...

Madoka = Superman
Homura = Batman
Sayaka = Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Mami = Wonder Woman
Kyouko = The Flash
Kyubey = Brainiac

That kind of works.
Old 2012-09-28, 10:03   Link #572
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
... So Kyouko is a reformed Joker?
I'd say Hitomi or Kyousuke would be the Joker there.

Quote:
Kyouko = The Flash
Nah, Flash is the brilliant wise-ass (unless it's Barry Allen, then he's just a scientist). That's not really Kyouko's thing. She's the jerk with a heart of gold. She's totally Hawkman or Green Arrow. In fact, Green Arrow works perfectly if Sayaka is Hal Jordan. Hard-Traveling Heroes!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:11   Link #573
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say Hitomi or Kyousuke would be the Joker there.
Well Hitomi does have the right hair color for it, lol.

Quote:
In fact, Green Arrow works perfectly if Sayaka is Hal Jordan. Hard-Traveling Heroes!
Ok, I'll admit Green Arrow works a bit better here for Kyouko.
Old 2012-09-28, 12:04   Link #574
Animexcel

Houston is adding more screenings and Chicago screening is back on sale. Same day and time at The Music Box in Chicago, they just moved it to their main theater. They didn't think it will sell out that quickly lol.. I'm glad because the other theater is so small and the screen is probably no larger than your 55-60" widescreen tv lol
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 16:20   Link #575
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
The Maju trying to revive the witches sounds like a stretch, but even if that was the case, I don't expect Madoka to ask anything from Homura, since from the start Madoka doesn't have the ability to communicate with her.
Not according to the PSP game.
Old 2012-09-28, 16:28   Link #576
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Not according to the PSP game.
The game is its own continuity. This is a sequel to the anime, and the last episode makes it a point that Madoka can't do that. They could retcon this in the second movie, but for now all we have to work with is the tv series.
Old 2012-09-28, 22:10   Link #577
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

There's honestly no saying at this point of that detail of the PSP game is a retcon or not. Many other things in it seem to be perfectly canon, like the origin of how Mami got her rifles.

There's just no reason for it not to be canon, since the anime is just incredibly sparse on details.
Old 2012-09-28, 22:27   Link #578
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
The game is its own continuity. This is a sequel to the anime, and the last episode makes it a point that Madoka can't do that.
Um... didn't the very last scene of the final episode of PMMM feature Madoka telepathically communicating with Homura? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but that's what I recall.

I recall that there's only one person who can hear Madoka (Homura) and there's only two people who can see Madoka (Homura, and Madoka's brother Tatsuya).
Old 2012-09-29, 05:14   Link #579
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Um... didn't the very last scene of the final episode of PMMM feature Madoka telepathically communicating with Homura? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but that's what I recall.
It did, in that scene. But IIRC the movie is to take place before that point. So I think the movie will probably deal with how Homura gets those freaky powers that she's using in that scene and the ability to communicate with Madoka.

That's why I don't expect Madoka to be able to communicate with her from the start. Of course these are all just my assumptions.

Quote:
There's honestly no saying at this point of that detail of the PSP game is a retcon or not. Many other things in it seem to be perfectly canon, like the origin of how Mami got her rifles.

There's just no reason for it not to be canon, since the anime is just incredibly sparse on details.

The origins of Mami's rifles, Kyouko's original magic, and other stuff like that is part of the girls' backstory, that's why is canon. What the game changes, more or less depending on the route you play, are the present events depicted in the series, and of course depending on the outcome it also change the future. For example, IIRC in the true ending Homura and the others defeat Walpurgis and Madoka doesn't contract. That totally contradicts the anime. The game does have a route that's supposed to be similar to the anime, but how similar? Is it supposed to be exactly the same? We don't know.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-29 at 05:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:05   Link #580
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:

The origins of Mami's rifles, Kyouko's original magic, and other stuff like that is part of the girls' backstory, that's why is canon. What the game changes, more or less depending on the route you play, are the present events depicted in the series, and of course depending on the outcome it also change the future. For example, IIRC in the true ending Homura and the others defeat Walpurgis and Madoka doesn't contract. That totally contradicts the anime. The game does have a route that's supposed to be similar to the anime, but how similar? Is it supposed to be exactly the same? We don't know.
the are no true end in the PSP game, there are just ending like "Tea Party Ending", "Anime Ending", "Bad End", "Kyoko Good/Bad End" and some other ending but there are no ending called "True End", and yes, the "Anime Ending" is almost if not extractly alike to the ending in the anime. and Gen himself said that every ending in every router (except the bonus router which he said it's a joke route) is possible in Madoka World and canon (Multiverse like Fate/Stay Night which every route is canon).

Tags
madoka magica, movie