AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-25, 10:57   Link #1
Mach Sperion

Super Robot Wars Z3 (PS3 & PSV)

Last edited by Mach Sperion; 2014-12-12 at 22:50.
Mach Sperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:17   Link #2
Kirayuki

Famitsu page is up
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201312/26045186.html

The 1st print of 3rd Z will be bundled with download code for HD Remaster of the 1st Super Robot Wars
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 18:23   Link #3
Destined_Fate

Esther Elhas better get her mecha upgrade in this!

Shame it isn't on the PSP too since much of this stuff is reused material from Z2.2.

Why's Char's Counterattack happening? In Z1 and Z2.1/2 Quattro swore that he would nerve let CCA's ever come to pass. Or if that Quattro benched and this is an alternate Char they'll be fighting?

Z3
Mecha Series

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny(Post story)
Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta - Movie Version(Post Story)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack*
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn*
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz*
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer*
Armored Trooper VOTOMS*(Big Battle and The Brilliant Heretic)
Full Metal Panic!*(Seems to be the first one. May have other Seasons too)
Gunbuster*(HELL YES!)
Change!! Shin Getter Robo: The World's Last Day(Post Story)
Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars*(Finishes the parts that weren't in Z2.2 so its technically new)
Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen(Post Story)
Rebuild of Evangelion*(Seems to only be Pre-Time skip)
Macross (Dynamite) 7(Story wasn't really covered yet)
Macross Frontier the Movie: The Wings Of Goodbye(Post Story)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2(Post Story as Z2.2 wrapped up R2 completely. C.C., Kallen, Lelouch, and Suzaku got a happy ending of sorts. Kallen was more upfront about her feelings for Lelouch and I wouldn't be surprised if the "IF" Route is canon due to the effort to unlock it. Z1's alternate route is implied heavily to be the canon route of Z1.)
Beast Machine Attack Dancouga Nova(Post Story)
Invincible Robo Trider G7
Aquarion EVOL*(ZESSICA?! Please don't torment her, Banpresto! Give her a happy ending, she's been kicked enough already!)
Six God Combination Godmars
The Big O(Post... Story?)
Super Dimension Century Orguss
Messenger of the Sun: Tetsujin-28 Go
Earth Defence Enterprise: Dai-Guard
Banpresto Originals*(Returning and New Characters/Mecha)

* = New

Some believe this isn't the complete roster.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-12-26 at 19:38.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 19:42   Link #4
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

I'm dying to see Noriko and super Inazuma kick in HD graphic!. Not so thrilled about rebuild, though. I would prefer Nge as the tv series.
Old 2013-12-26, 20:16   Link #5
Destined_Fate

Yeah, I really don't want Rebuild either but it's here to stay... Evol has me iffy too as I don't want to see Zessica tortured again. At least we'll get HD Gunbuster which is gonna be awesome. I can see her being introduced to Esther's circle of friends due to both being very hot blooded.

I'm wondering. Will Z3 be a two parter like Z2 or will it be a complete game?

Anyone know if the other Full Metal Panic! seasons will be in this? Like Second Raid?
Old 2013-12-26, 20:54   Link #6
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why's Char's Counterattack happening? In Z1 and Z2.1/2 Quattro swore that he would nerve let CCA's ever come to pass. Or if that Quattro benched and this is an alternate Char they'll be fighting?
Since Z (referring to Super Robot, not Z Gundam) heavily involves on alternate universe and multiple worlds, I'm not shocked if this Z and CCA are the alternate version of themselves, like there's ZEUTH and ZEXIS version of Getter team, Mazinger team, and Eureka 7 team. Though they can also be the same Amuro, Camille, and co we know from Z and Z2, but the event of CCA is altered with the involvement of Unicorn, like for example Full Frontal is the one who's going to drop AXIS, not Char/Quattro. We had Amuro vs Ribbon last game, why not Quattro/Char vs Full Frontal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yeah, I really don't want Rebuild either but it's here to stay... Evol has me iffy too as I don't want to see Zessica tortured again. At least we'll get HD Gunbuster which is gonna be awesome. I can see her being introduced to Esther's circle of friends due to both being very hot blooded.

I'm wondering. Will Z3 be a two parter like Z2 or will it be a complete game?

Anyone know if the other Full Metal Panic! seasons will be in this? Like Second Raid?

I'm excited for EVOL myself. Mostly because like majority of opinions, I actually like EVOL, Amata and Mikono (though I do agree that first half is way way better than its second half). Can't wait to play with the EVOL team and its "OSORE!!" BGM

As for if Z3 will be two-parter and FMP, if you watched the whole PV or read the Famitsu article above, you'll know that it is will become two-parter game, and the whole 3 seasons of FMP are listed. So yeah, we'll get the first season, Fumoffu (yay for Bonta-kun and "Sore ga Ai deshou" BGM ), and The Second Raid.

On the other forum there's some people saying that Shoji Gatoh tweeted that Z3 will cover the whole original FMP plot (post-The Second Raid from light novel or Sigma manga), but I haven't seen the said tweet so it maybe hoax >.<
Old 2013-12-26, 21:03   Link #7
Destined_Fate

Well with much of the Z2 cast in here with Movie versions and stuff I don't think they're using a new universe. They seem to be in the Z2 verse still for this game because of the continuation of multiple series from Z2 going on to this game.

Maybe you're right. Maybe Full Frontal is causing CCA to happen and recruits the CCA cast alongside his own while Char remains Quattro and aids Amuro to stop it.

Or maybe they'll be jumping between Universes in this game as they deal with such a massive threat like Ba-al that doesn't can have his forces all over the multiverse if he/she wanted.

I'm being lazy with my grasp on the Japanese language so I'm not really bothering too much at this time. I really need to get my grove back since like z2.2 I'll at least want to translate the parts that are really awesome to me.
Old 2013-12-26, 23:10   Link #8
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I really hope Char will stay as a Quattro

And maybe Mr. Bushido could be saved from the most anticlimatic death ever
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 23:36   Link #9
Destined_Fate

I can see him as being a secret character or IF Route only.

Since this is a two parter I don't think he'll have his "death" in this game. They'll most likely do what they did with GL so they have a big epic battle in the second part.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if GL doesn't finish here either.
Old 2013-12-27, 03:58   Link #10
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

I'm looking forward to something like "Gainax Dynamic Special" seeing we gonna have EVA, Gurren Lagann and Gunbuster. With Simon around, Shinji will probably become a super badass like his senpai . Heck, Simon could become a big brother mentor to Shinji
Old 2013-12-27, 04:08   Link #11
Destined_Fate

Well if Ryouma can become a father figure to Simon than why not Simon passing down what he learned to Shinji? It would honor the memory of Kamina as well.
Old 2013-12-27, 10:00   Link #12
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Thought the sprite was a bit bad at first but after seeing it in motion till the middle of the video, it really looks good. Also, is it possible for them to add series roster after this? I thought it's already set after the first announcement.

And oh god at last FMP not in nintendo srw games ;_; can't wait till I play it lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 10:07   Link #13
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Thought the sprite was a bit bad at first but after seeing it in motion till the middle of the video, it really looks good. Also, is it possible for them to add series roster after this? I thought it's already set after the first announcement.
It still looks inferior to 2nd OGs

And I think those are the final roster, at least until the 2nd game.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 12:39   Link #14
Meltyred

It seems like Zeta is actually rewinding it's plot from the very start, considering we are seeing MK II AEUG...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 13:09   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
It seems like Zeta is actually rewinding it's plot from the very start, considering we are seeing MK II AEUG...
It's probably not rewinding; they're probably just showing some pilots in old mechs for variety/homages. Amuro is also shown in a Re-GZ instead of the Nu Gundam.
And the Mk. II is using the Long Rifle in the trailer, which the AEUG doesn't even get until its gotten the G-Defenser/Super Gundam, and which doesn't appear until after Camille switches to the Zeta.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:10   Link #16
Destined_Fate

Putting them in older/weaker mecha is a fine balancing tool since it means characters like Amuro and Kamille can appear earlier in the game as a member of your party.

Poor Crowe, Rand, and Setsuko may be late comers yet again because of their mecha. So out of the returning original Esther is most likely going to permanently join your party first. If she gets an upgrade in this game than I see her being a late joiner in Z3.2. Though they could taunt us more by saving her upgrade til Z3.2 when they'll actually be fight Ba-al.

I really want to see it since Z2.2's plot specifically mentions that Esther still has inactive DM cells inside her because of her transformation. She's also the only human that has been reverted from DM back to her original form which required tapping into Origin Law, two spheres resonating together, and the strong wills of both Uther and Crowe to save Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
It still looks inferior to 2nd OGs

And I think those are the final roster, at least until the 2nd game.
Well I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than 2nd OGs because they're reusing a lot of z2.2 material - just brushed up and upscaled.

I'm sure it'll sell pretty well and easily make up the cost. Making it a two-parter means more easy money for Banpresto. Though it sadly means we may not see Gunbuster's more beefy attacks till part two.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:34   Link #17
Nayim

Unless Banpresto add Diebuster in Z3 Part 2...
Old 2013-12-27, 18:58   Link #18
Destined_Fate

With all the jumping they've done around that's very plausible. Maybe even a Gunbuster/Diebuster Combo attack.
Old 2013-12-27, 19:25   Link #19
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Plots confirmed:
-CCA
-Endless Waltz (unless they're just doing Wu Fei doing his own thing, but we did see a Virgo 2 in the PV so eh)
-00 movie
-VOTOMS OVAs
-FMP trilogy
-TTGL's final five episodes
-Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0
-Tetsujin 28
-Unicorn at least episodes 1 and 2, I expect to ep 4.
-Macross Frontier movies
-Gunbuster
-EVOL
-Little bits of Shin Mazinger and maybe even Big O and God Mars.

Plus Dai-Gurd seems to get more heterodyne as Cylinder Type is in the PV and it did not appear in Z2. Lets cross our fingers for Ice Type and playable Kokuboga! Also sorry DF, but it looks like Frontier movie plot is happening, we see Basara going against a Hound Type Vajra which appeared in the final battle of The False Songstress. No idea why Banpresto won't bring in Dynamite 7 plot though.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 21:21   Link #20
Destined_Fate

I can see them saving the final grand battle of TTGL for the second part of this as Z3 is planned to be a two-parter. This is Z3.1.

Shin Mazinger Z finished its entire plot in Z2.2, the difference is that Ashura isheavily hinted that they will return to help out in the battle against the True Enemy - Ba-al as Baron Ashura has finally regained all of their memories. Thus they aren't following the ending of Shin Mazinger Z.

Expect this to be like Z2.1 where they will leave the final parts missing thus I doubt any of the new series will get their final attacks either let alone the returning cast since not everyone in Z2.1 had their moves from Z1, they didn't get them back til Z2.2.

Tags
mecha