AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 19:04   Link #21
Sector 6 Slum

does anyone know what brand/model is Harima's motorbike? i haven't read the manga so i was wondering if there's any information on it.
Sector 6 Slum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 00:31   Link #22
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

On which days , does School Rumble Air? [ Fridays , my best guess ] , I think i might have seen it in another thread, but i totally forgot which one it is T.T

EDIT: Nvm i found out

Last edited by YakuMoFan~; 2006-04-25 at 18:26.
YakuMoFan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:28   Link #23
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
does Sarah like Asou?.
does Yakumo like Harima?.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 13:31   Link #24
Shredder

The short girl likes Asou, I forgot her name already. She's useless. Yakumo doesn't seem to show much feeling toward anyone except caring for Tenma, but during some eps it did seem like she liked Harima most esp when the animals came around. Harima is great, he grows on everybody
Old 2006-06-13, 21:32   Link #25
Spawnblade

Manga > Anime?! or Anime > Manga?!
Spawnblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 08:54   Link #26
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnblade
Manga > Anime?! or Anime > Manga?!
Hard to say. Some scenes are better done in the anime, while others are better done in the manga, and some scenes are only found in one or the other. The anime goes back and fixes some mistakes in the manga, but occasionally bypasses some interesting scenes. As a general rule, I felt that Season 1's material was better in the anime (especially the first 20 or so episodes) while the manga material for Season 2 was generally better than the anime - especially since quite a few of those scenes were really rushed.

Bottom line: If you have the time, go for both - it's worth it.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 12:51   Link #27
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

In the manga, how come tema's sister is the main character and not tema?
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 13:11   Link #28
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccahoe
In the manga, how come tema's sister is the main character and not tema?
I don't know where you got this idea from. In both the anime and manga, Tenma is the main character for the first part of the story. Early on, Yakumo's storyline is found almost exclusively in the "b" (musical flat sign) side chapters.

A little later, the focus switches off of Tenma to characters like Harima and Eri. Again, this happens in both the anime and manga. For the most part, the anime is fairly faithful to the original storyline (especially in the first season).
Old 2006-06-15, 18:54   Link #29
Shredder

Btw aren't the closing credits+song a little too serious for the tone of the series? I thought the first one was more suitable, I wonder why they went with a mellow one this time around. Both opening themes are fine
Old 2006-06-16, 06:55   Link #30
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Btw aren't the closing credits+song a little too serious for the tone of the series? I thought the first one was more suitable, I wonder why they went with a mellow one this time around. Both opening themes are fine
Season 2 is a little more serious than Season 1 - now that Eri has fallen for Harima, she's been doing a bit more angsting over him (for the time being, at least). That shot of Eri holding on to the fence with billowing hair always sticks out in my mind. It matches the song quite nicely.

There's a new ending song announced, though - perhaps this one will be more light hearted, to mark a change in tone in the series.
Old 2006-06-16, 07:22   Link #31
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
SR2 is a little bit more serious than the first, since most of its main characters are already introduced and their personalities developed. So maybe that's why the ending theme is a "slice-of-life" type of song. But I surely miss the ED in season 1. Its a really funny song.

on the manga>anime vs anime>manga, since I'm a story person, I liked the manga better. Though the anime is really close to the manga, some important (Onigiri Faction Related) plots were discarded (Some parts of Volume 7 I think). Of course in the end, the anime can't up with the manga story wise, so if you really love the characters, better read the manga too. XD
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 10:19   Link #32
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
Season 2 is a little more serious than Season 1 - now that Eri has fallen for Harima, she's been doing a bit more angsting over him (for the time being, at least). That shot of Eri holding on to the fence with billowing hair always sticks out in my mind. It matches the song quite nicely.

There's a new ending song announced, though - perhaps this one will be more light hearted, to mark a change in tone in the series.
I agree about the Eri shot, it's the one that I always remember since the first time I saw it! Then again I would probably remember any Eri shot, even when she flicks her hair in the opening

New ending song, that sounds good, I could use another lighthearted one hopefully. The first season one was funny...la la la la la (Not Lala though!). Hmm I didn't realize there was a consensus that Eri had genuinely fallen for Harima. But I suppose the peak of that was the ep where they ran over him and she asked about his dating status. Since then it hasn't been shown explicitly. That was a great moment though, turning point. Oh, arguably the dance and bald scenes were flirtatious too. Circle dance was another great moment.
Old 2006-06-16, 11:21   Link #33
kingdomhearts091
Love Love

Send a message via MSN to kingdomhearts091
he
what is school rumble?
how come every one says this anime / manga is good. what is it about ?
kingdomhearts091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 11:33   Link #34
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
But I surely miss the ED in season 1. Its a really funny song.
I'm more saddened by the loss of Scramble, though it was inevitable. I'd rather have a new OP than a new ED.

Quote:
on the manga>anime vs anime>manga, since I'm a story person, I liked the manga better. Though the anime is really close to the manga, some important (Onigiri Faction Related) plots were discarded (Some parts of Volume 7 I think). Of course in the end, the anime can't up with the manga story wise, so if you really love the characters, better read the manga too. XD
I think there's a bit of additional Flag bias in the anime. Extra Flag scenes get tossed in, and a few Riceball and Anti-Flag scenes have been cut out. Overall, I think it's been a smoother ride for Eri in the anime. Not that I mind, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Hmm I didn't realize there was a consensus that Eri had genuinely fallen for Harima. But I suppose the peak of that was the ep where they ran over him and she asked about his dating status. Since then it hasn't been shown explicitly. That was a great moment though, turning point. Oh, arguably the dance and bald scenes were flirtatious too. Circle dance was another great moment.
It's established. Ep.24/Ch.85 has Eri thinking about the dance, and she notes that a relationship with Harima is an impossibility given her situation in life - but for a moment, she felt truly happy. It's a pretty significant step for a girl who is normally used to feeling isolated. Incidently, the title of that chapter is "The Turning Point." It doesn't get much more obvious than that.

You could also go with her comments in the dance scene - she admits to it indirectly, if you read carefully. You could argue that she develops an interest much earlier (possibly as early as Ep.14), but she only really admits it to herself at around the time of the Sports Festival.
Old 2006-06-16, 13:15   Link #35
Shredder

Oh I don't read manga, I like my colors and voices and music, not to mention movement. "Turning point" eh, maybe I should be a manga writer like Harima! Why can't she get together with Harima, what situation in life? I need to get a hold of those old eps, classic moments. Ne, Hige!
Old 2006-06-16, 15:11   Link #36
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
The interest from Eri probably started with the umbrella scene (which all flaggers loved <3). Sadly, the turning point's important lines were cut out of the anime (Will place the dialogue/monologue when I get home), and the anime left a vague impression on Eri's true feelings.

@ Shredder: If you want the complete scenes, I really urge you to read the manga too XD. On why she can't be together with Harima? Two words: True Path (Harima x Tenma). Harima is absolutely obsessed with Tenma up to the latest chapters on the manga that it did no justice to the other factions. Of course the author really loves those triangles, so Tenma x Karasuma is still going strong.

I really hope Hige wakes up from his delusions over Tenma though. Haahaha.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 13:30   Link #37
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
I don't know where you got this idea from. In both the anime and manga, Tenma is the main character for the first part of the story. Early on, Yakumo's storyline is found almost exclusively in the "b" (musical flat sign) side chapters.

A little later, the focus switches off of Tenma to characters like Harima and Eri. Again, this happens in both the anime and manga. For the most part, the anime is fairly faithful to the original storyline (especially in the first season).
hmm, I think I read the charater introduction wrong in the manga.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 02:10   Link #38
Aaluaine
lookie the GOLDEN COOKIE

Send a message via MSN to Aaluaine
could someone please confirms these rumours of there only being 13 episodes to the second term of school RUmble ? ....... i hope not !
Aaluaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 05:23   Link #39
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
The interest from Eri probably started with the umbrella scene (which all flaggers loved <3). Sadly, the turning point's important lines were cut out of the anime (Will place the dialogue/monologue when I get home), and the anime left a vague impression on Eri's true feelings.

@ Shredder: If you want the complete scenes, I really urge you to read the manga too XD. On why she can't be together with Harima? Two words: True Path (Harima x Tenma). Harima is absolutely obsessed with Tenma up to the latest chapters on the manga that it did no justice to the other factions. Of course the author really loves those triangles, so Tenma x Karasuma is still going strong.

I really hope Hige wakes up from his delusions over Tenma though. Haahaha.

I think harima just pited eri back then knowing she's rich and all and seeing her left by her father alone in the rain. True Path faction...you know what they say love is blind. HARIMA EYE!! O_O
Old 2006-06-27, 09:09   Link #40
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaluaine
could someone please confirms these rumours of there only being 13 episodes to the second term of school RUmble ? ....... i hope not !
Unfortunately, nobody seems to know for sure, at this point. Based on the next episode previews, it seems unlikely. Even if they do stop, it would seem to have to be a temporary "break." There will be more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima
I think harima just pited eri back then knowing she's rich and all and seeing her left by her father alone in the rain. True Path faction...you know what they say love is blind. HARIMA EYE!! O_O
Harima has a hard time leaving her alone when she needs help, in any circumstance. As much as he tries to cling to his original set of perceptions about Tenma and Eri, he's more similar to Eri in nature than he would ever care to admit. He's drawn to the lodestone rock, so to speak.