AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 04:08   Link #2161
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

fair enough, real life will always win out in the end
Old 2012-11-08, 02:00   Link #2162
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Well technically, no. However I am dead right now, arriving home at 11 pm for some days, and it's been hectic due to certain things not in my hand.
I believe the status quo shall be maintained till mid december, unless I get divine inspiration and will to translate it with the scarce time I have. I can't even play LoL
Psh why LoL when there are eroge. Akuma is almost graduating. Translating takes brain cells Lol takes mouse clicks. Akuma wants to own a company and makes lotsa of money so yeah. Nobuna will be on high delay. We'll have better luck on someone picking it up.
Old 2012-11-08, 12:09   Link #2163
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Psh why LoL when there are eroge. Akuma is almost graduating. Translating takes brain cells Lol takes mouse clicks. Akuma wants to own a company and makes lotsa of money so yeah. Nobuna will be on high delay. We'll have better luck on someone picking it up.
ME TOO ME TOO! Where do I sign up?

Outlook remains uncertain
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:45   Link #2164
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Update on the translation of Oda Nobuna no Yabou, we gotten a new translator.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 03:17   Link #2165
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

looks like his starting on vol 3 though....oh well the anime filled us in on vol1-2
Old 2012-11-09, 04:30   Link #2166
XxSleepyxX
Learner

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/1...ed-in-nipples/ Lol. Nobuna follows DxD using LN pics for covers.
Old 2012-11-09, 19:49   Link #2167
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/1...ed-in-nipples/ Lol. Nobuna follows DxD using LN pics for covers.
Wow, well ecchi is now probably the biggest genre so they use a good market technique. Wonder how the sales are coming.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 02:55   Link #2168
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
Really? because from what i read ... Takenaka Shigeharu captured the Inabayama castle with 18 men. his feats let his reputation soared and destroyed Saito Tatsuoki's reputation (making him as coward).

his impressive feat of the capture of Inabayama made both Nobunaga and General Hashiba admired him deeply, offering him to flock to Oda clan. but Takenaka Shigeharu refused because he merely want to teach a lesson of governance to Saito Tatsuoki. he later returned the castle to Tatsuoki.

Then during the assault of Oda clan to Mino, under the pretext of Saitou Dousan's testament... general Hashiba tried to recruit him for Oda, the latter refused. after several visit Takenake Shigeharu finally accepted in the condition of serving General Hashiba, not Oda Nobunaga. (I don't know whether Eiji Yoshikawa tried to imitate Liu Bei's three visit or not)... and it was not only based on Taiko, there are several tale which i read also recount similar thing.

for Kuroda Yoshitaka, it was more or less a fact that he served Oda (first) not Hashiba. due to the betrayal of Araki Murashige..... you know the continuation of the story.
This is a late reply.

That's pretty much how things go, but Hanbei is listed in most historical records as Hashiba's 寄騎 or 与力(aids) and not his direct retainer.

Most theories seem divided on whether it was part of Hanbei's condition to serve under Hashiba while officially listed himself as direct retainer of Nobunaga or that it was Nobunaga's idea to have him work with Hashiba due to he's unwillingness to use aids for his decision making process.

I mean there are a lot of story stating that Hanbei has bad relation with Nobunaga. But there are plenty of records in which Hanbei praises Nobunaga's intellect and ability and vice versa.

I personally think it is closer to the situation with Kuroda that while they official listed as Nobunaga's retainer, they knew that Naobunaga is not one that needs a tactician or strategist and asked to work under Hashiba and Nobunaga complies.
Old 2012-11-11, 04:51   Link #2169
rantaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
This is a late reply.

That's pretty much how things go, but Hanbei is listed in most historical records as Hashiba's 寄騎 or 与力(aids) and not his direct retainer.

Most theories seem divided on whether it was part of Hanbei's condition to serve under Hashiba while officially listed himself as direct retainer of Nobunaga or that it was Nobunaga's idea to have him work with Hashiba due to he's unwillingness to use aids for his decision making process.

I mean there are a lot of story stating that Hanbei has bad relation with Nobunaga. But there are plenty of records in which Hanbei praises Nobunaga's intellect and ability and vice versa.

I personally think it is closer to the situation with Kuroda that while they official listed as Nobunaga's retainer, they knew that Naobunaga is not one that needs a tactician or strategist and asked to work under Hashiba and Nobunaga complies.
Before i voiced my opinion i want to express my delight at Kongming finally accept Xuande's invitation in Ravages of Time. And now with Cao Ren starting to move to Xinye, does that mean this will be the Burning of Xinye?

though i want to see Eight Golden Lock Formation and The Burning of Bowang, i can not wait the Spectacle at Chibi. now... Changbanpo is going closer... with Sword of Qinggang waiting to be retrieved by Zhao Zilong.... and this is not a spoiler. this novel have been published for 500 years

I dunno about that. Because i still firmly hold my previous opinion that Takenaka Shigeharu willingly serve General Hashiba Hideyoshi because of the general's personal invitation. Hashiba has offered him to serve under the banner of Oda, but the latter refused. If not, his position can be compared to Hachisuka Hikoemon.

I still doubt about bad relationship between Oda Nobunaga and Takenaka Shigeharu. I believe though they are not in direct superior subordinate relationship, they respect each other. Takenaka Shigeharu teaches various military knowledge, especially based on Chinese History (I think it was mostly Pre-Han history and Song dynasty's compiled Military Treatise like Wujing Qishu and Wujing Zongyao) to all of Oda's retainers. And also during the Betrayal of General Araki Murashige, Takenaka Shigeharu directly face Oda Nobunaga to seek amnesty for Kuroda Yoshitaka's son. Oda Nobunaga treats Takenaka Shigeharu with utmost respect as if toward his own tutor instead of acting wantonly during this meeting.

Kuroda Yoshitaka do serve Oda Nobunaga directly prior meeting General Hashiba, but the rumor which slander his name made his loyalty switch toward General Hashiba though he still receive payment from Oda Nobunaga. well this is mostly based on what i read back then.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 08:55   Link #2170
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

gah!! can you guys stop with all these historical posts, the plot has kind of drifted from history already and if i wanted to know what really happened id go to a wiki.

I read almost all the post to try to find outwhat happened in the novel but all im getting is damn history lessons. plz if its not in the novel dont post a long ass rant about it

i cant tell if you are talking about the novel or not, and since this is a novel thread id like it if you could keep it to that
Old 2012-11-11, 10:19   Link #2171
rantaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
gah!! can you guys stop with all these historical posts, the plot has kind of drifted from history already and if i wanted to know what really happened id go to a wiki.

I read almost all the post to try to find outwhat happened in the novel but all im getting is damn history lessons. plz if its not in the novel dont post a long ass rant about it

i cant tell if you are talking about the novel or not, and since this is a novel thread id like it if you could keep it to that
... Don't you know that Oda Nobuna Light Novel follow Eiji Yoshikawa's Taiko Chronological event almost faithfully? which plausible seeing the protagonist of Nobuna no Yabou is Sagara Yoshiharu who takes the role of General Hashiba Hideyoshi who had nickname "Monkey"

It is hard to give opinion on this LN without relating it to Eiji Yoshikawa's Taiko. At first i thought it just similarity and will diverge at one or second event... however... the more i read it (barely from the original, from the translation and the summaries which were kindly posted by others in here) it really follow the pattern of Eiji Yoshikawa's Taiko.

For example, In LN; Old Man Asano from the Five Aralia Inn offer her daughter Nene to Maeda Toshie (she refused), it matched with the Taiko where Maeda Inuchiyo are love rival with Kinoshita Tokichiro who are both infatuated with Nene. In the end Kinoshita win because Inuchiyo made a mistake (also adapted in Light novel, erased in anime)

and... by coincidence ... The Author also related Takenaka Shigeharu and Kuroda Yoshitaka to Romance of Three Kingdom's Zhuge Liang Kongming and Pang Tong Shiyuan. he did not just blindly made them up, he did some research.

also the Ten Sides of Ambush used by Takenaka Shigeharu when Nobuna tried to invade Mino, is based on General Han Xin's strategy of Ten Sides of Ambush during the Chu-Han contention. But it could also be related to a stratagem used by Cao Cao's tactician, Cheng Yu during the battle of Cangting.

i am sorry, but it is hard not to explain it from the very original source to compare it.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:27   Link #2172
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
I dunno about that. Because i still firmly hold my previous opinion that Takenaka Shigeharu willingly serve General Hashiba Hideyoshi because of the general's personal invitation. Hashiba has offered him to serve under the banner of Oda, but the latter refused. If not, his position can be compared to Hachisuka Hikoemon.

I still doubt about bad relationship between Oda Nobunaga and Takenaka Shigeharu. I believe though they are not in direct superior subordinate relationship, they respect each other. Takenaka Shigeharu teaches various military knowledge, especially based on Chinese History (I think it was mostly Pre-Han history and Song dynasty's compiled Military Treatise like Wujing Qishu and Wujing Zongyao) to all of Oda's retainers. And also during the Betrayal of General Araki Murashige, Takenaka Shigeharu directly face Oda Nobunaga to seek amnesty for Kuroda Yoshitaka's son. Oda Nobunaga treats Takenaka Shigeharu with utmost respect as if toward his own tutor instead of acting wantonly during this meeting.
Well, that perception v.s. reality than. To it simply, Hashiba don't have the money to employee Takenaka as retainer let along the social standing. The bottom line is that position-wise Takenaka is not direct retainer of Hashiba.

Simply put his salary comes from Nobunaga not Hashiba even if he works under Hashiba.

It's like how Meada Toshiie is under Shibaata's command but is technically not his retainer.

As for Takenaka and Nobunaga's relation, I agree with you. There are enough historical evidence to dispute the common perception that they had bad relation.

Quote:

I read almost all the post to try to find outwhat happened in the novel but all im getting is damn history lessons. plz if its not in the novel don't post a long ass rant about it

But it is in the freakin' novel.

That comment just proof that you have not read the novel yet.

We talk about it because the events are derivatives of actual historical events. You want spoiler feel free to ask or change the topic.

But this is discussion thread about the novel not spoiler thread.

And one of the biggest discussion point has been the comparison between the derivative event and the actual historical event it based on.

And besides, the same people you just slammed are also the people who provided the LN spoiler and summary translations like me, rantaid, Sumeragi, justpassingby, larethian, ReaperxKingx, Mechatrill.

And I'll obey you request and will stop posting in this thread and let others do the work and translation when they become available. (If they still bother with it)

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-11-11 at 17:40.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:25   Link #2173
rantaid

Quote:
Well, that perception v.s. reality than. To it simply, Hashiba don't have the money to employee Takenaka as retainer let along the social standing. The bottom line is that position-wise Takenaka is not direct retainer of Hashiba.

Simply put his salary comes from Nobunaga not Hashiba even if he works under Hashiba.

It's like how Meada Toshiie is under Shibaata's command but is technically not his retainer.

As for Takenaka and Nobunaga's relation, I agree with you. There are enough historical evidence to dispute the common perception that they had bad relation.
If i recall, the concept of annual salary seems foreign during their time. only Castle lord and Those who have raised in social caste as Samurai stature are given them. the other lower caste are only paid when they work. General Hashiba employed Takenaka Shigeharu right after Nobunaga allowed him to live in Sunomata castle as the castle lord which allow him to remunerate Takenaka Shigeharu (The Ninja Hachisuka Hikoemon pointed this down when she offer the Kawanamishu's service to the Monkey, you can pay us if you become samurai, right?)

from the modern view of labor law, this kind of system is outright stingy and cruel, but at that time it is common to say 'if you want to eat, you have to work' , hence people seek to become samurai which at present time can be compared to civil servant.

Also due to his weak body, Takenaka Shigeharu rarely work and it is common for people of this time to take care of themselves (when not at work) by planting their own vegetables and rice , but i recall he was said to be a tutor, teaching Military treatise and history to Oda's retainers. A tutor who teach military stratagem is always said to be greatly respected and they are paid by their students.

In LN, these various misc. stuff are explained (roughly). Maeda Inuchiyo are the same before he was granted amnesty for his role in campaign of Okehazama, though i have to admit that even based on this era standard, Nobuna is really stingy. How could she take advantage of Inuchiyo who is simple minded by only rewarding Free Uiro for One year for her bravery she displayed against the soldiers of Imagawa clan!?
Old 2012-11-12, 05:13   Link #2174
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:

But it is in the freakin' novel.

That comment just proof that you have not read the novel yet.
i dont speak japanese so of course i havent :P , all the info i have are 3 chapters of vol 1 and 4-5 very very weak novel summarys(mech himself said they sucked) so i dont think i was being disrespectful to mech.

I wanna know what happened in the novels but all i cant get out of your posts are historical facts, not character interactions like with saruxhanbei or jubeixsaru or story plots, but i guess if you rather talk about history and how well they blending it into the LN, i cant do anything about it
Old 2012-11-12, 10:27   Link #2175
kazzuya13

Quote:
i dont speak japanese so of course i havent :P , all the info i have are 3 chapters of vol 1 and 4-5 very very weak novel summarys(mech himself said they sucked) so i dont think i was being disrespectful to mech.

I wanna know what happened in the novels but all i cant get out of your posts are historical facts, not character interactions like with saruxhanbei or jubeixsaru or story plots, but i guess if you rather talk about history and how well they blending it into the LN, i cant do anything about it
You can't do anything about that because some people actually read or studied the Sengoko Era while some mostly just watch or read the LN of Oda Nobuna.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 19:55   Link #2176
Undertaker

Quote:
That's because most of those interactions were already being discussed me included. Why would I repeat the same discussion over when questions like did this girl fall for Sagara? or Did Sagara and Nobuna finally hook up?

All those are already being talked about, go read the thread from the start and you'll find your answer. I just don't feel like talking about the same topic again...

Besides' like I said, the plot of the LN is closely tied to what happen in actual history and the LN actually pointed them out in every chance they have.

The main plot, if you read the novel, isn't Sagara having a harem. It how Sagara help Nobuna to conquer Japan and the reality he faces when the flow of the event starts to deviate from what he know more and more but at same time some of the results stays the same.

If you want to keep it on the harem side, be my guest, but there has been anything new that isn't already discussed.

And if you have issues with my posts, I got advice for you:

don't read them.

I only provided info when people asks and are willing to discuss.

As for other stuff. It's already been discussed and like I said, I'm not wasting my time repeat a discussion they had already taken places before.

In case you haven't noticed. The only I wasn't in the thread for a few month (because all had already been said) and only got back into it because some members specifically asked me for the info that I might be able to provide...

Otherwise I'm just waiting for new book to come out.
Old 2012-11-13, 00:40   Link #2177
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
You can't do anything about that because some people actually read or studied the Sengoko Era while some mostly just watch or read the LN of Oda Nobuna.
but thats my main point this thread is for the disscussion of the LN of Oda Nobuna its not a damn history wiki page, arg just forget it i was wrong for just wanting light novel dissussions in this thread
Old 2012-11-13, 04:24   Link #2178
rantaid

Quote:
That's because most of those interactions were already being discussed me included. Why would I repeat the same discussion over when questions like did this girl fall for Sagara? or Did Sagara and Nobuna finally hook up?

All those are already being talked about, go read the thread from the start and you'll find your answer. I just don't feel like talking about the same topic again...

Besides' like I said, the plot of the LN is closely tied to what happen in actual history and the LN actually pointed them out in every chance they have.

The main plot, if you read the novel, isn't Sagara having a harem. It how Sagara help Nobuna to conquer Japan and the reality he faces when the flow of the event starts to deviate from what he know more and more but at same time some of the results stays the same.

If you want to keep it on the harem side, be my guest, but there has been anything new that isn't already discussed.

And if you have issues with my posts, I got advice for you:

don't read them.

I only provided info when people asks and are willing to discuss.

As for other stuff. It's already been discussed and like I said, I'm not wasting my time repeat a discussion they had already taken places before.

In case you haven't noticed. The only I wasn't in the thread for a few month (because all had already been said) and only got back into it because some members specifically asked me for the info that I might be able to provide...

Otherwise I'm just waiting for new book to come out.
Agree. that is why i have to relate it with Taiko.

By the way, the author seems to publish new side story based on Bontenmaru, anyone has read it? i have not.

hope it is not just a happy side story.

The Oushu area (northern area, Aomori) were rarely talked. Last time i know about Oushu is a territory fief of the Fujiwara clan. The Fujiwara clan were the clan who once taking refugee of Minamoto no Yoshitsune during the Genpei War of Heike Monogatari.

hope the author relate them.

If i am not wrong, Oda Kazusanosuke Nobunaga claimed himself as descendant of the Taira clan, hence aside from the Mokko kanmon, he also used the banner of Ageha no Chou like the Heike clan. i wish the author relate them in the later volume. He/she added Ranjatai and Hiragumo as important mc.guffin right? the author also kindly added Tea Master Sen no Rikyu as the character...
Old 2012-11-13, 04:46   Link #2179
Undertaker

But I don't think it'll be necessary though there are enough going on as is. Though the involvement of Himiko and Zenki could change thing considering that Zenki is Abe no Seimei.

Toward the end of the V8 Sagara is having a conference with Hanbei and Kanbei(Simon) discussing how to prevent certain events from happening and right now Honnoji and Shikanosuke's death seems to be the top priority.
Old 2012-11-13, 07:19   Link #2180
rantaid

Quote:
But I don't think it'll be necessary though there are enough going on as is. Though the involvement of Himiko and Zenki could change thing considering that Zenki is Abe no Seimei.

Toward the end of the V8 Sagara is having a conference with Hanbei and Kanbei(Simon) discussing how to prevent certain events from happening and right now Honnoji and Shikanosuke's death seems to be the top priority.
Well i think we can trust the author. with the exception of the quirky boring tsundere and dojikka play by both Monkey and Nobuna filling this LN, the author paved the plot almost pleasantly. so i think there is possibility of hinting Heike no Monogatari, because... if he manage to portray Asakura Yoshikage as a class 1 Genji Monogatari Otaku (if this were compared to modern time, this Yoshikage is no different with an overzealous harem anime otaku who loves to stalk and threaten the seiyu...), then why not? Am I right?

Himiko herself is the legendary semi mythological shaman leader of Yayoi-Jomon period of Japan. i don't recall there is someone with similar name and position. There is a position of Tenno Heika but not Empress Himiko (Is she meant to be Amaterasu?).

While about Abeno Seimei perhaps the author meant to craft an expy for Takenaka Shigeharu as Zhuge Liang Kongming. I'm sure you recall that Kongming in ROTK is depicted as Strategist with Daoist affinity. he did play God against Zhongda during the Northern Expedition. Perhaps the author want to place Abeno Seimei as Li Er (Lao Zi) or Kong Qiu (Confucius) .

Abeno Seimei is a renowned Shaman during Heian period (prior to Kamakura should be). and he always depicted as capable in Onmyouji, summoning a famed Shikigami Zenki and Gouki.

So.. in the V8, there is already the prophecy for the death of Yamanaka Shikanosuke ( I can barely read the LN) ? I see... it is really cruel story, i did like her when i read Taiko. But.. never expected it is already this near.... but hey... if i recall, the VN vol 8 and 9 mention that Mori Motonari still exist. perhaps he is the key? because in Taiko he is already died, succeeded by Mori Terumoto. and what really annoy me there is still no depiction of Mori Terumoto in the LN, only the twins Kikkawa and Kobayakawa. I hope this Mori Teru will be as cute as Sengoku Rance's (which i feel have the resemblance with Remilia and Sakuya in one body)

Oh right, perhaps The Monkey will try to figure out to hasten the suicide of Shimizu Muneharu to prevent Yamanaka Shikanosuke's death? because the Twins Kikkawa and Kobayakawa are too cute to die, they will be additiona l harem for Monkey during Sekigahara

The author made many changes for the death, so i hope i am not wrong that Mori Motonari will still alive for long, because after the Death of Saito Dousan, i kind of lazy to read any Sengoku Jidai material, he is the only interesting character... Similar with Luu Buwei, but has the intuition of Ying Zheng.

Also, if the author added Bontenmaru just because she is popular character though she should only introduced during Battle of Sekigahara but killed Mori Motonari without good reason... then... i am afraid my expectation for this LN is too high. I just can not understand what is the appeal of Masamune Date and Yukimura Sanada during the time line where they should not exist (and Yukimura Sanada is fictional character). I mean is Yamamoto Kansuke, Baba Nobuharu and Yamagata Masakage is not good for Shingen? c'mon author! you raised my expectation when in anime the Monkey mentioned his/her name, don't kill my expectation so easily!

PS; The Monkey's name, Sagara Yoshiharu ... wiki said it is the name of minor daimyo during the Sengoku Jidai, but... this 'Yoshiharu'... Is this a combination from part of both Takenaka Shigeharu and Kuroda Yoshitaka's name? i mean... did not Hashiba Hideyoshi's name himself is a combination of Nobunaga's favored retainer Niwa Nagahide and Shibata Katsuie? perhaps it is a mere coincidence.

Last edited by rantaid; 2012-11-13 at 07:27. Reason: trivial matter

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem