AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-01, 16:10   Link #161
forest child

well....u can be a little over hyper at moments, srry.
Old 2006-11-01, 16:11   Link #162
S_C_L-1

if you try to be funny, it doesnt work.

thats the way the apple crumbles (shut up)
Old 2006-11-02, 02:08   Link #163
Chuixupu
Shikachu

The only reason why I don't give her a really hard time is because she's only 13...so I understand...a little (but I know people younger who don't type as badly).

Which is why I asked if she was for real and not some troll just messing around. Pinkflower, you really need to learn better forum etiquette. I really don't want to be mean, you just don't seem to know that there's a right and a wrong way to use messageboards. This isn't text messaging... you'll be better liked if you take some time to learn about it.
Old 2006-11-02, 02:50   Link #164
S_C_L-1

^ agree
=========================
-Trolls immitating 13 year old girls? I guess it depends on how vague your definition of "troll" is. To me, a troll is... pretty much every 1 on 4chan for example.

-Her being 13 + "lack of understanding what the problem was" are the reasons that I and most of us (i think) give her some slack. I havent seen many "STFU GTFO"s flying around, so i guess she might have some potential to post well.
Old 2006-11-02, 03:02   Link #165
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
^ agree
=========================
-Trolls immitating 13 year old girls? I guess it depends on how vague your definition of "troll" is. To me, a troll is... pretty much every 1 on 4chan for example.

-Her being 13 + "lack of understanding what the problem was" are the reasons that I and most of us (i think) give her some slack. I havent seen many "STFU GTFO"s flying around, so i guess she might have some potential to post well.
Exactly, the post is a placeholder to get your attention and make you think a little bit about it. Reading some of your posts is like having a 6 yo screaming how they are naruto running around you in circles for two hours strait. And when you compound these posts together you get the troll level of idiocy that plagues so many forums and newsgroups.

Every post anyone reads and responds to should be taken with a grain of salt, as they are opinions, and people who are on the net alot have found three ways to cope. 1. is that they try to overact it and antagonise people, leading to either them leaving or only others like them with the exact same point of view being left. 2. is to be a complete ass, and just flame anyone who talks out of turn and make them feel small and insignificant (actually this is about 60% of all people online). 3. is to j ust actually discuss it out, even with the craziest ideas. you throw in your points, take others points and argue it out, even over an argument as stupid as "who can eat more, Zoro or Usopp?" .

The 3rd is the vast majority of this forum, and like I had stated, wed like ot keep that mind set in check. If you dont want to try doing that, then I will say GTFO, otherwise have fun and be happy.
Old 2006-11-02, 03:15   Link #166
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Exactly, the post is a placeholder to get your attention and make you think a little bit about it. Reading some of your posts is like having a 6 yo screaming how they are naruto running around you in circles for two hours strait. And when you compound these posts together you get the troll level of idiocy that plagues so many forums and newsgroups.
oh, like animeforum.com?

*shudders*

i met a total of 7 respectable ppl on that site... TOTAL...
Old 2006-11-02, 15:56   Link #167
forest child

animeforum.com? is that another forum?
Old 2006-11-02, 16:05   Link #168
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

.......oh.....well i am sorry it is just how i am with answering forms and stuff. All want to do is make friends and be noticed and not be left out and stuff...guessit back fired.....sorry. MAN I HATE MY LIFE!!!!
Old 2006-11-02, 16:10   Link #169
S_C_L-1

^ emo = myspace

not animesuki

and yes, animeforum.com is another forum. unfortunately, 90% of its population is hyperactive 13 year olds who dont know any forum ettiquet and make millions of pointless, never ending, opinionated threads.

the other 10% is the respectable ppl and admins. unfortunately, the previous group pisses off every 1 in this 10%, so the admins become abusive E-monsters and the non-admins who get their threads closed down in infancy because a massive ammount of ADHD made a thread very vaguely relating on the subject become uptight and spiteful.

its a good place to learn how NOT to be on message boards.
Old 2006-11-02, 16:14   Link #170
forest child

shes not usually like this.....-_-

oh......that place sounds very......erm.....educantional.......thanks.....

Last edited by forest child; 2006-11-02 at 16:27.
Old 2006-11-02, 18:32   Link #171
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower80 View Post
.......oh.....well i am sorry it is just how i am with answering forms and stuff. All want to do is make friends and be noticed and not be left out and stuff...guessit back fired.....sorry. MAN I HATE MY LIFE!!!!
We don't hate you, you just need to calm down
Old 2006-11-03, 16:13   Link #172
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

*breaths* ......ok....and i'm sorry everybody. i will try to calm down as best as i can. Canyou...can you guys ever forgive for being such a pain in the.....butt.
Old 2006-11-03, 22:17   Link #173
nduns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower80 View Post
*breaths* ......ok....and i'm sorry everybody. i will try to calm down as best as i can. Canyou...can you guys ever forgive for being such a pain in the.....butt.
I will. There are lots of people on many forums like this. As long as you can admit that you're wrong and are willing to improve, you are a good forumer. I hate people who never admit when they're wrong. (I used to be like that on the animelyrics forum)
Old 2006-11-04, 15:55   Link #174
Zhuge_Liang Kongming

Send a message via MSN to Zhuge_Liang Kongming
some people dont watch one piece is because they think the storyline is stupid......I personally enjoy one piece cuz its funny. the people who dont like it is because of the way its drawn.
Old 2006-11-04, 17:12   Link #175
BrokenWingz

Even though it's been said in the thread i'll just re-tell it from my perspective.

Recently i went to ask most of my friends why they don't 'watch' OP.
They replied:
1-They main character is rubber.
2-The drawing look weird.
3-storyline wasn't interesting so they dropped it( eps 1-80 around)
Old 2006-11-04, 17:30   Link #176
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Different strokes for different folks.
I'm having a hard time getting myself to keep watching Naruto, but I like it. Just not anywhere near as much as One Piece. The nutty ways they try to explain complete nonsense in Naruto is kind of frustrating...it's like "we're ninjas, we understand what's going on, as long as we say we do, the audience doesn't need to!" There's really wierd stuff in One Piece too, but at least Oda explains it in a way I can understand most of the time.
Old 2006-11-04, 17:33   Link #177
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I watched One Piece on Sky TV (UK) once, and within about 5 minutes i was already questioning the idea of suicide, but instead resorted to just turning it off. I think it's the one dubb'd show that I can say is worse than Naruto, and believe me i hate the english version.

The english voices of OP just really really annoyed me, there was very little action and most of the violence (and most fun part) was cut-out, it was in a nutshell, not worth of time. Then a m8 advised to me watch the JP version, ofc my thoughts imidiatly went back to the voices and I flat out refused, he explained about how it was just the americans who, as usual, ruin everything good about anime and remove all violence from there serreme existances, to make shows look like Care Bears.

I had my doubts, i must admit, but having a few hours off one afternoon i decided to give it a shot, with the mouse hovering over the x button, but I was suprised. It was like a completly different show, and much better and worthy of a look.

In a Nutshell, i guess what im trying to say is, the reason it isnt as popular as Naruto and Bleach is because.....America Sucks. Naruto and Bleach have untill recently been sub'd only, whereas One Piece has been dubbed alot longer and placed on Cartoon Channels on Digital TV, ruining its image completly, and as I know from personal experience, it took me a good few hours to try and give it ago after seeing the shit on TV.

Although Naruto is deffo starting to decline because of the length and poor scripwork of the anime. The Manga is also just too dragged out. Each chapter has about 2 mins worth of text, the rest is just expressions of the characters faces or of Sakura Crying.
Old 2006-11-04, 19:39   Link #178
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei
In a Nutshell, i guess what im trying to say is, the reason it isnt as popular as Naruto and Bleach is because.....America Sucks. Naruto and Bleach have untill recently been sub'd only, whereas One Piece has been dubbed alot longer and placed on Cartoon Channels on Digital TV, ruining its image completly, and as I know from personal experience, it took me a good few hours to try and give it ago after seeing the shit on TV.
You're incredibly ignorant. You're talking as if anime wasn't been released uncut with subtitles in America for the past decade.
The vast majority of Anime that America licensed gets an uncut DVD release with the original Japanese with subtitles. Naruto and Bleach included (But not One Piece because 4kids got it) . A lot of anime runs unedited on Adult Swim or the Anime Network.

It's 4kids Entertainment that ruins anime, because their mission, unlike a lot of other dubbing companies, is to dumb down their licensed material for small children and take out all Japanese references. This isn't true of Funimation, Geneon, ADV, and the like. Not everyone may like the choices of voices for the characters, but at least if you don't, you have the choice to watch the Japanese version on the DVD instead. But I like a lot of dub voices. Cowboy Bebop I even like better dubbed.

But anyway...fact is, even before One Piece and Naruto were licensed, Naruto had a bigger American following. This is because it had a better start with websites, fansubs, and translations.
Old 2006-11-05, 01:01   Link #179
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Also, i think in about 50 episodes, One Piece will have reached the total length of the entire Dragonball series (DB,Z, and GT)
negative DB/Z/GT ran for a whopping 505 episodes and OP is about half that, if not a bit over at this point in time.

Also...why is OP less popular here? I find the bulk of it to be the bastardization of the series by a enemy so terrible it can only be referred to as 4kids. Even before the bastardization, people at my college that liked anime, the bulk of them didn't like OP because of it's animation, they didn't give the series a chance.

I've watched...somewhere up around when Luffy fought Enel. I love the series, but I'm too lazy to download it ;P

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2006-11-05 at 01:40.
Old 2006-11-05, 01:06   Link #180
S_C_L-1

good english VAs (Voice Actors) are kind of hard to find tho. if you go on IMDB, you'll realise that most sub voices are done by the same handfull of ppl. theres always the question of availability.

there are a few things i dislike about the current dubbing (excluding 4kids, where i hate everything about it)... mostly the loss of techniques and any technical term used in the show...

"kage bushin no jutsu" ----> "shadow clone technique"
"kaze no kizu" ----> "wind scar"....

it just loses its coolness factor...

good article on this: articles.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=62

EDIT: dragonball is only the first part. DBZ and DBGT are considered different shows.
Closed Thread