AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-02-09, 03:42   Link #141
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So here are my thoughts. Even though I blame myself for having a crappy computer, mkv files with a high resolution still lags my computer. One example of Triad's Kaiji, which is HD on mkv. Now it's watch, only if I watch it first. If I watch another episode first or do something that heats up my computer, then it lags, and I have to wait for my computer to cool down.

That's okay though, because I've tried to play .mp4 AMVs before with lots of...editing. That was pretty much torture.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 04:31   Link #142
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So here are my thoughts. Even though I blame myself for having a crappy computer, mkv files with a high resolution still lags my computer. One example of Triad's Kaiji, which is HD on mkv. Now it's watch, only if I watch it first. If I watch another episode first or do something that heats up my computer, then it lags, and I have to wait for my computer to cool down.

That's okay though, because I've tried to play .mp4 AMVs before with lots of...editing. That was pretty much torture.
"Heats up"?

I think you have a cooling problem
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 04:39   Link #143
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
"Heats up"?

I think you have a cooling problem
Yup, yes I definitely do. After I watch anime, sometimes when I put my hands underneath the computer (YES, THANK YOU DELL FOR PUTTING THE FAN DIRECTLY BELOW THE COMPUTER, NOT OUT THE BACK LIKE REGULAR PEOPLE WOULD PUT IT), I almost came close to being burned. I noticed the difference in performance after I bought a laptop cooler (to place at the bottom of the laptop), so yeah, it had to be a cooling problem. One question:

Do you think having too much RAM might be the problem? I upgraded from 256k to 1 Mb, but the processor still stays Celeron@1.4 Ghz. Sometimes I think my computer is trying to work too hard but it's not getting processed fast enough, therefore slowing everything down and overheating things. Could this be a problem?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 05:05   Link #144
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Could this be a problem?
Might be but this is the wrong place to ask / discuss. If you think you have a playback problem then please post in the Playback Help forum.

Please, keep the thread on topic.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote