AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-30, 14:23   Link #41
shunks

Waaaahhh!! After reading this chapter, am just get pumped up until now.

Sirry this is my first responce and not posted a thread yet. I actually dnt know yet the process but btw, a assume that kaido will not fight against the rookie kid and even luffy. Bcuz he respect and allow the new era rise. But it seems that luffys crew is already picking up a fight against kaido's crew. Lol
I wonder how sanji and others escape from bigmom. 😄😀👍
Old 2015-07-30, 14:26   Link #42
BPD Renegade

When I saw the horns in the impression, I thought we were going to be introduced to Green Bull, but holy hell. Friggin' KAIDOU. And against the Kid alliance. Plus the suicides. I need to take a few moments to absorb this.
Old 2015-07-30, 15:28   Link #43
imza

Awesome Kaidou design, it looks like we will get an intense hand to hand battle with Luffy/Law vs the Yonku. Can't wait to see Luffy get impaled on one of those horns.
Old 2015-07-30, 16:21   Link #44
necrolyte

Kaidou is freakin' badass, awesome chapter!

I must say that Kaidou's introduction far exceeds my expectations. I was expecting him to be just some stupid zoan type user from the silhouette we've seen some chapters ago but I'm really happy I was wrong.
One more thing about this topic , I think that when Kaidou was talking about Joker he didn't know that he's already been defeated and what he said about the war in my interpretation is that he wants to start bigger war than WB so he would have a chance to die too.

P.S. Still I'm not really sure because I've read so many different translation
Old 2015-07-30, 18:05   Link #45
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I'm sorry I'm completely lost with the Sanji and co. arc....it has been a damn long time. Why are they fighting Kaido's men? And where are they? Last time I saw them they were intercepted by Big Mom's ship. Anybody know which chapters covered the thousand Sunny after they left Dressrosa?
Old 2015-07-30, 18:09   Link #46
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Ceaser for new crew member? looks like he and the rest of the team is getting along pretty well.
Old 2015-07-30, 21:53   Link #47
marvelB

By the way..... anyone remember when Sabo and Kaidou were apparently the same person? Boy, those were the days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
From the translation I read, it says Kaido is the strongest man alive. Is this correct?

We've known since Punk Hazard that he was recognized as the World's Strongest Creature. That means he's capable of feats such as:

-Stopping earthquakes with his fists (yep, WB's power is useless against him)

-Crushing diamonds into dust (yep, sea stone's also useless against him)

-Having a durable body that can withstand missiles, or for that matter any sort of disease

-Easily killing monster elephants that even tanks couldn't destroy

-Casually ripping off the faces of ancient martial arts masters

....And so on and so on. Simply put, that Ogre..... uh, I mean Kaidou more than lives up to his Hundred Beasts epithet!
Old 2015-07-30, 22:49   Link #48
Rainbowman

Been busy moving furniture from one house to the other. Here's my review:

I'm glad Nami is okay however I won't rest easy until Luffy reunites with her. I'm quite shocked at Kaidou's physical appearance. As for Kaidou's attempts at suicide, it makes me want to quote from Frank Miller's version of Batman: "He wants to die and take thousands with him."
Old 2015-07-31, 03:50   Link #49
Talendra

Kaidou's motivation is still very confusing to me.

On the one hand side he is simply bored. From what I understood, his suicide attempts are his hobby only because there isn't enough challenge out there in the world to keep him interested. So in order to find such a challenge, his started "fighting" himself. It can't be because of a lack of powerful enemies, even if he is to be considered the strongest after Whitebeards death, the Admirals and his fellow Yonkou should still pose a significant enough threat. Apparently however, they don't, and the only reason I can see why is his "inability" to die. He tried it all, got into fights, lost, got captured, but he would still end up being alive and bored at the very end. So far, that seems kinda coherent to me.

However, I just don't understand how this problem and behavior results in him not entering the war of the summit. Surely this would have been at least somewhat entertaining. He didn't even needed to join WB, could have just made it a nice 3-way fight. Yea, I know Shanks stopped him somehow, and yes, it might have been with something as simple as "hey, this WILL shatter the worlds balance, doesn't that sound exciting to you?". But then, why did we not hear of any of Kaidous exploits since then - we had ample opportunity to. And why is he still busy trying to kill himself, if the world has gotten so much more interesting since then? While we have not seen any specific information about what exactly Kaidou did since the WBs death, we have been presented with quite a lot of developments, such as the marine power struggle, Blackbeards elevation to Yonkou level etc. The absence of any information about Kaidou seems to indicate that he simply did not do anything to shake the world since then, being kinda complacent with his status in the world, which just does not feel like the character we have met this chapter.

Additionally, his whole thing of creating an artificial zoan DF army does not feel not coherent with all we have now learned about him.
Old 2015-07-31, 12:25   Link #50
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Hmm, that Kaidou's ability of not being able to die seems eerily similar with Luffy.
Look back to all the times where Luffy was captured and or nearly killed, yet he doesn't die.
Lucky is a good description, whether by nature or by a proxy; When Buggy was going to Execute Luffy in Logtown and Lightning struck.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-07-31, 14:56   Link #51
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Was that battle scene with Sanji, Nami, etc. that suddenly started in the middle of the fight shortened to provide filler content for the anime?
Old 2015-07-31, 15:28   Link #52
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Hmm, that Kaidou's ability of not being able to die seems eerily similar with Luffy.
Look back to all the times where Luffy was captured and or nearly killed, yet he doesn't die.
Lucky is a good description, whether by nature or by a proxy; When Buggy was going to Execute Luffy in Logtown and Lightning struck.
Is Kaidou possibly a D? They are notoriously lucky and hard to kill. Especially after Law just almost died about 10 times last arc.
Old 2015-07-31, 17:07   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post

On the one hand side he is simply bored. From what I understood, his suicide attempts are his hobby only because there isn't enough challenge out there in the world to keep him interested. So in order to find such a challenge, his started "fighting" himself. It can't be because of a lack of powerful enemies, even if he is to be considered the strongest after Whitebeards death, the Admirals and his fellow Yonkou should still pose a significant enough threat. Apparently however, they don't, and the only reason I can see why is his "inability" to die. He tried it all, got into fights, lost, got captured, but he would still end up being alive and bored at the very end. So far, that seems kinda coherent to me.

However, I just don't understand how this problem and behavior results in him not entering the war of the summit. Surely this would have been at least somewhat entertaining. He didn't even needed to join WB, could have just made it a nice 3-way fight. Yea, I know Shanks stopped him somehow, and yes, it might have been with something as simple as "hey, this WILL shatter the worlds balance, doesn't that sound exciting to you?". But then, why did we not hear of any of Kaidous exploits since then - we had ample opportunity to. And why is he still busy trying to kill himself, if the world has gotten so much more interesting since then? While we have not seen any specific information about what exactly Kaidou did since the WBs death, we have been presented with quite a lot of developments, such as the marine power struggle, Blackbeards elevation to Yonkou level etc. The absence of any information about Kaidou seems to indicate that he simply did not do anything to shake the world since then, being kinda complacent with his status in the world, which just does not feel like the character we have met this chapter.

Additionally, his whole thing of creating an artificial zoan DF army does not feel not coherent with all we have now learned about him.

Dude, you're overthinking this. Everything about the World's Strongest Creature defies common sense. He's an existence that's far beyond our puny plebeian comprehension. I mean, this is a guy who literally makes world leaders his bitch. Hell, one of the guys in his crew is probably a superhuman caveman who grew up hunting dinosaurs to survive. Who are we to question why he'd amass an army of beastmen while he's busy leaping off skyscrapers islands? That's just how he rolls, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Is Kaidou possibly a D? They are notoriously lucky and hard to kill. Especially after Law just almost died about 10 times last arc.
Going by that logic, can we assume that people like Usopp and Spandam are part of the D lineage, too?
Old 2015-07-31, 17:15   Link #54
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going by that logic, can we assume that people like Usopp and Spandam are part of the D lineage, too?
I'm sorry Marvel, are you implying the GREAT USOPP isn't a D as well as a Tenryuubito and possibly even a Yonkou?
I thought better of you...
Old 2015-07-31, 17:26   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'm sorry Marvel, are you implying the GREAT USOPP isn't a D as well as a Tenryuubito and possibly even a Yonkou?
I thought better of you...

Now, now, I'm not saying he couldn't be any of those figures.... I'm just saying that he'd still fall short of Pirate God material (because let's face it, that spot is reserved for Buggy and Buggy alone).

And while we're at it, I guess we should consider Spandam to be admiral-level, as well?
Old 2015-08-01, 00:23   Link #56
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
He was just formally introduced. There's still plenty of time to develop his character.

So, Team Sanji apparently found themselves on an island under Kaido's protection. I wonder if all the beasts in Kaido's crew have horns like him and his flag. So far that seems to be true.
Old 2015-08-01, 03:30   Link #57
ayanami0000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
He was just formally introduced. There's still plenty of time to develop his character.

So, Team Sanji apparently found themselves on an island under Kaido's protection. I wonder if all the beasts in Kaido's crew have horns like him and his flag. So far that seems to be true.
i think they dont have horns like him. kaido's other crew showed already when doffy family ended.
Old 2015-08-01, 05:09   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
well, like I said: possibly

and like ZGoten said, it's way too early to make any judgments about this guy. We've only scratched the surface. Since he's an Emperor, he'll be getting plenty of development and I'm pretty excited about it since he seems great so far.
Old 2015-08-01, 10:08   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji and friends escaping from Big Mom off screen was disappointing, I waited over a year to find out how they'd escape that predicament, and nothing was shown. The Kaidou reveal more than made up for this though. Kaidou looks a lot more badass than I expected from his silhouette. Shame he's most likely going to be the first Yonkou defeated.

I'm sure we'll find out how Sanji's group escaped Big Mom later on.

And despite the hype behind Kaido we got in this chapter, I'm also suspecting he'll be the first emperor to go down. Yes, he's the strongest creature and has cheated death several times (which I suspect is attributed to some kind of hax/ability of his), but the story has been set up where his arc should be coming soon. Kaido's dependence on the smiles, Momonosuke's past, and the Wano country; everything's coming full circle with this guy.
Old 2015-08-01, 10:58   Link #60
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanami0000 View Post
i think they dont have horns like him. kaido's other crew showed already when doffy family ended.
You're right. Maybe it's only the artificial zoans?