AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-20, 11:24   Link #741
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
OK, it wasn't about romance than it was about what? Japanese neo-nazis patriots :uhuh:
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 11:42   Link #742
Nanashi_1337

Majikoi IS about romance, just because it doesn't happen in the True route doesn't mean it's not about romance. Besides, compared to the heroines route, the True route was nothing special IMO. It also is about comedy and martial arts, but I guess that part was obvious from the beginning if you've watched the anime. And seriously, more than True route, I call it Agave route, since in Majikoi S all previous routes (main heroines and Agave) can be considered as "true" routes.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 12:26   Link #743
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I still wonder about some posts before the anime begun that suggested that MajiKoi was not about romance, H, etc. because after it's militaristic/fascist serious plot, I am inclined to think that's what the game was about and made it popular.
Yea, tell me about it. I remember hearing how the story was so well written, the ecchi and romance wasn't the main part and all that. Well if it is, the anime did a horrible representation of it. And if anything, only tried to justify Japan's horrible Xenophobic views on outsiders. And other parts just didn't make sense, or completely over the top for no reason.
Old 2011-12-20, 13:23   Link #744
giorno

uh, no, the story isn't well written, it's over the top, which makes it funny. The heroines routes are ovbiously about romance with comedy and over the top martial arts thrown in for good measure, while the true route is more about friendship with comedy and over the top martial arts

the prime minister of japan is involved heavily in at least one route(and he's involved for the over the top martial arts), but there's pretty much zero references to actual political ideologies...a lot of patriotism though
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 15:06   Link #745
Nanashi_1337

Spoiler for About the Prime Minister:

In other words, the one from the Anime is not as good as the one from the game.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 23:42   Link #746
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Wasn't that impressed with the ending. Should start playing the game though.
Old 2011-12-21, 16:55   Link #747
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seriously!!! give me a better ending that is all

thank goodness for the game.
Old 2011-12-22, 13:17   Link #748
Naoe Yamato

I like majikoi, of course the game is better than the anime, still it's a game with commedy, I don't see al that importance in the political aspect, I simply enjoy the romance and the commedy, it's a visual novel with h-scenes, so it must be played not by children, but people who know that it's a game, not reality.
Old 2011-12-24, 18:59   Link #749
Johnny
Working the bags...

Just finished watching the last episode. Thought the ending fit perfectly with the mediocrity of the entire season. Trying to take the anime in a somewhat serious route with all this political intrigue was laughable. The fights that were spawned off from that route were a joke. Hell, the first episode with the class battle was more entertaining...

The harem antics wasn't bad and should have stuck with that and the class battle as the manga does. There's some good stuff in that route. Well I guess the show had me laughing at it most of the time and that's a plus since it takes more muscles to frown...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 19:33   Link #750
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah well, at least the uncensored blurays are something for some people to look forward to. Same thing will happen with Maken-Ki.
Old 2011-12-24, 20:31   Link #751
topboy
poor man

There is no such thing as Majikoi anime.

Last edited by topboy; 2011-12-24 at 20:32. Reason: IS
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 13:54   Link #752
Naoe Yamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
well... there is big news for you, there is an anime for Majikoi with 12 episodes!
Old 2011-12-26, 21:33   Link #753
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
After reading this, I remember one poster who said also said the exact thing but was referring with different anime "There is no such thing as Tsukihime anime".
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:38   Link #754
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

So I heard, isn't the Miyako of the anime the complete opposite of Game Miyako, who is meant to be a shy, polite, and sexually repressed nice-girl next door?
Old 2011-12-27, 13:33   Link #755
Naoe Yamato

well... she is a bit different, still not that much sexually repressed, I mean in yukie route if you make a certain option she will jump with yamato into a bush and the game ends....
anyway in every route she will always wait for yamato but do nothing to make things difficult for the other girls, 'cause she know that yamato won't like such a thing
Old 2011-12-28, 14:41   Link #756
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoe Yamato View Post
well... there is big news for you, there is an anime for Majikoi with 12 episodes!
What the poster likely meant is, "Majikoi's anime is such a disappointment that the series might as well not exist."

Spoiler for :
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 03:36   Link #757
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally dropped it when the anime started taking itself seriously with the political mumbo jumbo. Then after the whole thing aired, just skimmed to see anything worth shipping about, only to find out it went harem route lols. XD

I dunno, one of the few anime where I preferred the 'filler' to the actual plot related episodes.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 12:56   Link #758
Candyshark

Well at least i boosted popularity of few girls like Miyako and Mayuchi. What else a company can wish for on the eve of fandisk release?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 08:18   Link #759
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
What the poster likely meant is, "Majikoi's anime is such a disappointment that the series might as well not exist."

Spoiler for :
At least the characters didn't have man faces....
Unlike a certain example which spawned this "it doesn't have a anime" meme.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 11:10   Link #760
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally can finish this one....

at last episode, we can find every characters in this show (well, I remember one of them who only appeared in episode 1)
episode 10 and 11 maybe the best.... while the last episode is another random show with harem ending... lol (luckily they put Kokoro in the battle.... yay for that tsun-tsun moment)
at least, I manage to see animated-Chris.... xD (although the story is completely not satisfying and not focused)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen