AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2005-12-30, 20:40   Link #141
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelLicks
I believe it is already announced that Shakugan no Shana will be 2 series with 26 episodes each.
Are you sure you aren't referring to the fact that the title of the new ED refers to "Shakugan no Shana Second Season", which is just reflecting the fact that TV seasons in Japan are (usually considered) three months long? I'm fairly sure it's been solicited as 26 episodes in total (at least for now). Unless there have been any other recent announcements...?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 20:50   Link #142
FeelLicks

No, I was referring to hearsay. But as I check fansub.andrewlb.com and www.anidb.net, I think you may be right in that it's two seasons but 26 eps total.
FeelLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 21:22   Link #143
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I can't believe that they are making a second season so soon.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 21:50   Link #144
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I can't believe that they are making a second season so soon.
It's not really a "second season", it's just a label they put on the CD (and now that I look at it, I'm not 100% convinced it isn't a mistranslation - 2ndクールED... how is that "season"?). You've probably noticed that a lot of TV shows change OP/ED after around 13 episodes, and that's really the same thing here. That's all, as far as I know... Basically, from (probably) episode 14 on, we'll have a new ED (and maybe a new OP too, but we'll see...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 22:28   Link #145
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
It's not really a "second season", it's just a label they put on the CD (and now that I look at it, I'm not 100% convinced it isn't a mistranslation - 2ndクールED... how is that "season"?). You've probably noticed that a lot of TV shows change OP/ED after around 13 episodes, and that's really the same thing here. That's all, as far as I know... Basically, from (probably) episode 14 on, we'll have a new ED (and maybe a new OP too, but we'll see...)
What a shame, I love the current OP and ED songs.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:13   Link #146
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
What a shame, I love the current OP and ED songs.
I love them too...But let's see how this all turns out. Might be better, might be worse, but that still doesn't stop me from liking the anime, considering that I view how good the anime is on many different aspects.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 02:02   Link #147
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...theres a chance that the opening wont change...most 24-26 ep anime i've seen only changed the ending...

...for the ending...i wonder how it'll look like...perhaps pictures of shana like before but with melon bread rather than her sword? ...uh...or maybe something else...like something better...lol...
...to be honest though the ending is already really good...its gonna be hard to top that...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 02:45   Link #148
TrueKnight

They really should replace the OP, it's kinda outdated because the sissy doll-freak is gone now, replaced by the fucked up relationship of the blondies.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 02:58   Link #149
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
They really should replace the OP, it's kinda outdated because the sissy doll-freak is gone now, replaced by the fucked up relationship of the blondies.
Hey, hey. Don't cuss. The relationship is indeed quite eyebrow-raising, but using the word 'incest' should be enough, yes?

The opening is alright, I suppose. It's not like there aren't any animes who show characters that have already been killed. *cough*GSD*cough*. If their opening is that logical, I don't see why the opening should change even in animation or scenes.
Old 2005-12-31, 03:42   Link #150
LytHka
Banned

And besides, you have both Sorath and Thiriel in the current OP and the rest of the characters from the show. I don't see how it can be outdated...
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 04:36   Link #151
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
i can almost say for sure that the current OP is staying until the end.........you can tell just from what is going on in the current OP.........
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 16:09   Link #152
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
It's a shame... I like the ending more than the Opening ;O;

I'm still liking the series and looking forward to Episode 13 ^_^
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 15:17   Link #153
FeelLicks

I liked both songs, maybe the OP slightly more so than the ED but replacing any of those will be a challenge. hehe.

Nonetheless, I still like and most likely will continue to like this series (most of you seem to be expressing the same thoughts as well).
FeelLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:55   Link #154
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Hmm? who would stop liking and watching a serie because the OP/ED changes?...
makes no sense...

anyways, looking back now on 2005 i kinda realized that SnS is maybe my favourite serie of 2005. There were a lot good and funseries in 2005 but nothing really good somehow.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 18:16   Link #155
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2k
Hmm? who would stop liking and watching a serie because the OP/ED changes?...
makes no sense...

anyways, looking back now on 2005 i kinda realized that SnS is maybe my favourite serie of 2005. There were a lot good and funseries in 2005 but nothing really good somehow.
lol I don't think anyone would stop watching a series just because of the OP/ED songs. I always skip over them once I've seen them the first time anyway.
Old 2006-01-03, 19:12   Link #156
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

I usually skip the OP and ED too, but SnS's ED is really good, I always listen to it after an ep ends.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 17:24   Link #157
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thanks to Omniscient for the following:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006...n-no-shana-13/

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 18:01   Link #158
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler:

Last edited by tun; 2006-01-04 at 21:59.
Old 2006-01-04, 21:51   Link #159
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
it's kinda outdated because the sissy doll-freak is gone now
Nooo.. i wanna be reminded of Friagne, he was a brilliant character imo.
Old 2006-01-04, 22:18   Link #160
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler:
Actually, I quite agree with you. Perhaps this is just a trend, and with 26 episodes as well as the vast amount of characters, I think them living more than 10 episodes or something like that might make the series a little rushed. It's like the story's centered around Shana and Yuuji's (more of Shana, probably) encounter with the Tomogara with them as a main theme, so certain characters might simply die off without being too important later.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere