Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-11-26, 01:09   Link #1
Rodrix

Smile My Manga drawing tutorials!

Hi there!
How are you doing?
I am new to this forum and I wanted to share with all manga and anime lovers a blog that I am recently writing with all my efforts and love about how to draw manga.

I draw manga myself, as a hobbie, I am a really big fan of Sailor Moon's characters and also of Evangelion.

I found there is a lack of interactive and really well done tutorials ( about this topic most tutorials are just static pages), so I am trying to build some tutorials on videos and animations that help learning how to draw in much easier way, as well as adding a little of my experience.

Please check out the following articles I am sure you will love them:
How to draw Manga Lesson 1
How to draw realistics eyes

Be sure to write me your comments and critics so that I can make better articles!
(and if you like it please tell me so that I feel like writing more

Thanks guys!
Have a nice day,
Rod
(Questor)

P.D: Be sure to check out the realist eyes tutorial. The animation posted it's one of the most amazing things I ever saw! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Rodrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 16:18   Link #2
Gundam Zero Force

That is really cool,

I have been drawing for sometime now, but mainly technical/mechanical objects . . . . drawing people is new to me. So this will be very helpful in improving my skills.

Luckily I got enough paper, drawing materials, a scanner, and CS2 to figure this all out. I can draw Anime, but I would like to get even better.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 23:38   Link #3
Rodrix

Smile

Hi Gundam!
Thanks so much for the feedback!
It makes me really happy that you liked my articles! ...Really happy!

I will try to write more then!

Cheers!
Rod
Old 2006-11-27, 00:35   Link #4
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrix View Post
Hi Gundam!
Thanks so much for the feedback!
It makes me really happy that you liked my articles! ...Really happy!

I will try to write more then!

Cheers!
Rod
Just wondering . . . . did you see my thread called "What is your Method? (Drawing)" . . . . my last post I put some pictures I drew . . . I was wondering if you could give me some feedback/comments on them to improve . . . . I know I need improvement but I am kinda stuck . . . .
Old 2006-11-27, 20:19   Link #5
Gundam Zero Force

I hope you don't mind but do you think you will have a tutorial on how to draw an entire person . . . . like I would really like to see how to make the arms and the body flow correct . . . . Example: I want to have my Character have her left hand on the side of her head while here elbow is on the table . . .. views like that are hard for me, but I bet with more practice I can over come my problems! Yeah I like the Anime style that Gundam Wing has for it's Characters . . . I don;t know, but I like that certain style a lot.

Yeah more tutorials would be greatly appreciated . . . thanks for your time working on putting these together . . . . I am looking foward to more!
Old 2006-11-27, 22:01   Link #6
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
I hope you don't mind but do you think you will have a tutorial on how to draw an entire person . . . . like I would really like to see how to make the arms and the body flow correct . . . . Example: I want to have my Character have her left hand on the side of her head while here elbow is on the table . . .. views like that are hard for me, but I bet with more practice I can over come my problems! Yeah I like the Anime style that Gundam Wing has for it's Characters . . . I don;t know, but I like that certain style a lot.

Yeah more tutorials would be greatly appreciated . . . thanks for your time working on putting these together . . . . I am looking foward to more!
I think what you're looking for is the basic shapes as well as proportion. Really, use a stick figure to get the pose, then start filling in the detail. Don't be discouraged if your stick figure is not as anatomically correct as you'd want to have it in the first try. Play around with it and you'll soon do semi-accurate and semi-proportioned basic shapes body.
Spoiler:

Last edited by celcius; 2006-11-27 at 22:16.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 23:17   Link #7
Gundam Zero Force

wow . . . . you're good . . . real good . . . . yeah I'll try it . . no I will do my best to make it work

Besides trying to figure out the pose it is just trying to figure out what the fingers look like and the arm and stuff like that, I know after some practice I'll get better though.
Old 2006-11-30, 09:13   Link #8
Rodrix

Smile

Celcius...
Awesome drawing!!! !

Gundam I will try to put up some more tutorials in the following week!
I am glad you enjoyed them!
Selena looks nice!

Cheers!
Rod
Old 2006-12-04, 14:37   Link #9
Rodrix

Lightbulb

Here is the new tutorial I posted!
I hope you like it:
Drawing a Proportional Face- Front View
I also contains an interactive video as the others .

I hope you enjoy it as you enjoyed the others!

Please leave me your comments so that I know if you like them or not so that I can improve on making good tutorials. Thanks

Cheers!
Rod
Old 2006-12-05, 19:04   Link #10
Gundam Zero Force

Ok Here is a lttle request list . . .

maybe have one that goes into detail on hands . . . hands are hard to draw somtimes becasue of all the angles . .

another could be like the body in perspective like the person I looking at you but thier body is at and angle . . . I seem to have trouble visualizing it at times . . .

Lastly another clould be on the shoulder area . . I tend to draw it correct but I keep making the arms and chest look incorrect, A tutorial on that would be sweet!

ttyl
Old 2006-12-06, 01:34   Link #11
Rodrix

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Ok Here is a lttle request list . . .

maybe have one that goes into detail on hands . . . hands are hard to draw somtimes becasue of all the angles . .

another could be like the body in perspective like the person I looking at you but thier body is at and angle . . . I seem to have trouble visualizing it at times . . .

Lastly another clould be on the shoulder area . . I tend to draw it correct but I keep making the arms and chest look incorrect, A tutorial on that would be sweet!

ttyl

Hi gundam!
Nice to hear from you!

...Hey! That's a big list!!!! haha...
I'll try to see what can I do!

I just finished a tutorial dedicated to you (check out the title of the first one ), I hope it helps you to embelish Selena's eyes!

The new tutorials are:
Struggling drawing eyes? Anime and Realistic Eyes Overview

And the other tutorial that I wrote is about 3/4 view. The last drawing you sent me of Selena is slightly top to bottom view (the face is looking down), which is kind of hard; I suggest you first master front view and 3/4 as they are easier. So this tutorial will probably help you for other Selena poses! . It's the continuation of "Drawing a Proportional Face" series:

Drawing a Proportional Face - 3/4 View

I hope you enjoy them,
Cheers!
Rod
Old 2006-12-06, 12:50   Link #12
Gundam Zero Force

Thanks!

I figured my eye problem with Relena . . . I was drawing the eye lids all the way around, instead I should have been just doing the top and bottom . . . it healped greatly in making my drawing look more like Relena

As for the second Tutorial I can't see the pictures . . . I don't know why . . . maybe I have a bad connection or something but all the images are blank . . . . hopefully it will work later though . . . .

Thanks for all your hard work putting these together . . you really don't have to do all this but I appreciate your time and effort spent on this