AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-17, 09:54   Link #61
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
speacking of the favor chelsea got, it also reminds me of something stupid. the black guy big soul just stupid... my name is big soul and i like rock n roll... come on he is dress like travolta going to saturday night fever. they could have at least say something else like lets get funky, groovy or something like that instead of rock n roll... Not a big detail, but it just annoyed me to see the incoherence... i would love to see a guy dress like go a stage at a rock event. I wonder how long he would last
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:28   Link #62
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Hmm nice stuff. But WHY must bad guys always have the best looking females (doesn't matter if they're androids or something else) grrrr
Angelica is great but still. April <3

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:32   Link #63
hi no ken Jebus

Where do you go from awesome? As if badass Mister wasn't enough...

Spoiler for ep3:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-07-17 at 17:53.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:35   Link #64
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek
But WHY must bad guys always have the best looking females (doesn't matter if they're androids or something else) grrrr
Universal Law of Nature #5: the best looking women are almost always attracted to the most abusive and least intelligent pond scum on Earth. It’s only through the unnatural use of Fiction that there’s ever any equity for "good".
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:47   Link #65
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Universal Law of Nature #5: the best looking women are almost always attracted to the most abusive and least intelligent pond scum on Earth. It’s only through the unnatural use of Fiction that there’s ever any equity for "good".
No wonder then, that there is no end to "evil" Oh well this isn't a love story anyway so it doesn't really matter where the best looking female(s) stand(s)

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 02:45   Link #66
ntsan

The episode is getting better and better
ntsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 10:10   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lunar steps in

Yep, Lunar has just released its fansub torrent for episode one.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 11:19   Link #68
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Is there a comparison out already between gg and Lunar's subs?
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 13:32   Link #69
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Eps. 2 was way better than the first one; Although I was not expecting Mister to become the Hero of the story.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I though some of the dudes in the bar looked just like the three old folks that always keep appearing in Cowboy Bebop.
Old 2006-07-18, 14:32   Link #70
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I though some of the dudes in the bar looked just like the three old folks that always keep appearing in Cowboy Bebop.

Same for me though they ate an RPG in that episode... but well in cowboy bebop they were unkillable maybe the same rule will apply to them too
Old 2006-07-18, 15:26   Link #71
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
Same for me though they ate an RPG in that episode... but well in cowboy bebop they were unkillable maybe the same rule will apply to them too
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually survived that explosion. In the last scene of the bar, (right after the music begins to play) you can see that many of the dudes there are still alive.
Old 2006-07-18, 17:10   Link #72
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Really?

I think of Coyote as Gankutsuou meets Cowboy Bebop who both happen to cross paths with Kill Bill, adding Reservoir Dogs into the mix.

Quentin Tarantino should study this anime to detail in order to come up with a new breakthrough script for another brand-new film of his.
Old 2006-07-19, 03:06   Link #73
igalsfy

hey ep 1 was pretty good. you can already foresee what'll be the story but it can be awesome.

how many eps, btw? don't say it's another one of these 13 eps series that are currently popping out like mushrooms?
igalsfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 23:56   Link #74
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Wow, just watched episode 2. The barfight was amazing (and I'm comparing it to live-action barfight from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 which I just watched today), and the insane look of some of the Sisters really shocked me. Though, for my liking, it's pretty much too inspired on Cowboy Bebop, and that's an anime they have it really tough to surpass.

Anyhow, action was plenty, kawaii Franca was plenty, killing lolis were plenty, and animation was great, so I have not many complaints (I would have liked more loli killing). The only thing I hated was the rock n' roll dude (I was like 'wtf?!'; it just looks like something they wanted to take desperatly from Cowboy Bebop but got quite messed up), but meh, he just comes and goes, it's nothing serious.

And, of course, Akio Ohtsuka makes it all a lot better

PD: But, for God's sake, Chelsea having big boobs?! Give me a break!
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 15:29   Link #75
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I hope this show doesn't take too much from other shows. It is like a mishmash of other things, like others have said, it borrows heavily from cowboy bebop.

I wonder which of the 12 sisters will have the most hentai drawn of them.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 18:21   Link #76
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 2.

I went from loathing this series at the beginning of this ep to loving it by the end. It took two eps, but this show has won me over, and I think a lot of it is due to how large, yet likable Mister and his crew are. The style improved as well this ep. I can't believe how well the action scenes are directed and animated, and the way this ep was resolved was very clever... something that was lacking in the first ep (though, I think a lot of it's to do with the perspective through which we saw the first ep). The music's pretty damn good as well. But, I can finally understand the appeal of this show.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 21:55   Link #77
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 2.

There was a lot wonderful parody for this episode: Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill.

Two other references:
- The Professional: Scene at the apartment when the Guild squad corner Mister and Franca, and out of the door Mister lets out a surprise attack.

- Total Recall: June and the squad awaiting for the elevator to descend, since according to the tracker shot at Franca's butt , the two of them were falling right into their claws. Don't take Mister for granted, as he figured out the ruse with the tracker and placed it on a rat.
Franca and Mister escape through the elevator shaft. The elevator comes, but there's no one except the rat with the tracker on it. Frustrated and feeling doped by Mister, June kills the right out of anger.

The soundtrack is just freaking cool. Retro-styled 70's and also techno 80's.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-23, 02:36   Link #78
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-23, 02:44   Link #79
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Episode 3 out, tomorrow I'll post my impressions.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 07:21   Link #80
ReSnake
All-knowing Wonderbra

Hey,my first post here

anyway,Coyote Ragtime Show is a great serie so far...
Episode 2 was great with that slice of drama in it so I can't wait 'till I see the next episode
ReSnake is offline   Reply With Quote