AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-28, 22:39   Link #1
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
What non internet/PC related activites do you enjoy?

For about a month I am going to be without the net (just when i was starting to regularly post and DL anime like mad). I was just thinking about what i could be doing besides being on the pc. So what do you do with your other free time (what hobbies)? Do people even do anything else anymore?

I guess there are always long and annoying console games... *Goes off to look for Mario Sunshine*
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 22:47   Link #2
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
mario sunshine is a great game! is far from being annoying...

I don't do anything else, maybe origami, you can find models on the internet...duh, sorry.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 22:48   Link #3
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
LMFAO me, do something other than waste my entire life away on a computer? What the hell are you thinking?

Oh ya, I think I phoned Gwavie once. Although I was still sitting in front of the computer, does that count?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:04   Link #4
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Uhm..... ....Anime on DVD! Theres always storebought manga too. I also enjoy reading fantasy, cars stuff, music, and, of course, shopping when I have tons of money to blow. Since spring has come, I have been outside tending to my flower garden a lot. [proud] I can't believe how beautiful the roses have turned out. ^_^ [/proud] I enjoy regular movies and have become somewhat of an entertainment system enthusiast. Seems like there should be a lot more than that. I will edit if I remember anything else.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:08   Link #5
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Note: This isn't meant to be some noob thread about me or anything, just interested in what people do besides the PC.

Manga, good idea!
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:21   Link #6
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Not many physical people...
I enjoy...
Swimming: This is done at a friend's. We have lots and lots of fun daring each other on the diving board, along w/ wresting poolside...
Paintballing: Wonderful stuff. I want to see some CS players do this... lol. My friends and I used to go regularly. We're looking for a new field now...
Working out: Gotta keep in shape. Every day, I alternate between cardio and calisthenics.
Hanging w/ Friends: Nothing is funner. Let's see how many we can fit in an '87 Toyota Corolla [I belive it was 8]. I also play D&D and other RPGs with this group. We do the weirdest things, like play croquet, boche, a variant of Cowboys & Indians, airsoft w/ spring pistols, etc.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:38   Link #7
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

~surfing

~tanning

~flirting

~listening to music: all kine

~rent foreign movies

~window shopping

~hang out at a cafe

~dining: sushi, mexican, california pizza kitchen
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:39   Link #8
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
Not many physical people...
Lawn work/gardening can be more trying than a lot may think. Theres mowing, pulling weeds (steadily *sigh*), digging and such in the hot and humid (least in Oklahoma) summer days. There's also a lot of up and down, sqatting and such. That being said, I still feel like I am taking better care of myself after an actual work out. I work out consistently too, but thats more of a way of life than a hobby for me. That being said, I think tennis and golf would be great fun and a good way to keep in shape, but I am too much of a loner for that.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:42   Link #9
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
I love sports & workout.

I play & follow rugby. Other sports I enjoy following are; football (soccer), cricket, & tennis.

Drag-racing is another 'hobby' I'm quite addicted in. Do it every weekend at midnight with a couple of mates; racing each other along freeways with my lancer & Eurobeat Initial D music pumped up
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 23:52   Link #10
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Hmm... What do I do that doesn't involve a computer...

- Definitely not work (9+ hours in front of a PC)

Let's see. I go paintballing and help coach a local T-ball league during the summer months, cycling or running depending on the weather, work at my garden while its in season (attempting to cure a black thumb) and goof around with the neighborhood kids. I also read, read some more, listen to music and sleep.

I try to keep busy. ^^;

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-04-29 at 10:05. Reason: At 1am I don't check spelling that often... corrected!
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 00:39   Link #11
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
Lawn work/gardening can be more trying than a lot may think. Theres mowing, pulling weeds (steadily *sigh*), digging and such in the hot and humid (least in Oklahoma) summer days. There's also a lot of up and down, sqatting and such. That being said, I still feel like I am taking better care of myself after an actual work out. I work out consistently too, but thats more of a way of life than a hobby for me. That being said, I think tennis and golf would be great fun and a good way to keep in shape, but I am too much of a loner for that.
Taboo: I know. I was refering to the others before me.
If you need a hobby, try paintball! Fun stuff, really good workout. Expensive hobby to maintain, though.
Scrumhalf: That Eurobeat music is such fun to drive to... I have all 5 discs. Good stuff.
Old 2004-04-29, 00:42   Link #12
cdpinoyx01

How bout another messfree alternative to paintball, Airsofting is fun :P

Other fun things to do: Basketball, baseball, <= watching these live are great too

video games.....

driving >< i need insurance ;-;.....,

Martial Arts is fun also .... kenpo/escrima is great.

Bleh... just go outside or somewhere and enjoy yourselves.
cdpinoyx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 00:48   Link #13
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

AHH!!!!
I forgot to mention martial arts...
I self-study, since all the Karate and TaeKwonDo schools I went to really didn't teach self-defense. I occasionally accompany my friend to his Karate class to spar w/ his classmates... fun stuff.
I self-study Jeet-Kune-Do at the moment, w/ past experience in Karate, TaeKwonDo, Hapkido, and TaiChi. I hope soon to add Muay Thai kickboxing and PiQuaChuan to my reportoire.
Old 2004-04-29, 01:36   Link #14
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I enjoy:

staring at myslef in the mirror...
(well, that's about it)

Most of my summer will be spent waterskiing or wakeboarding.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 01:43   Link #15
Necrodeath

Ummm...
Don't ppl have friends? I haven't heard anyone saying that they hang out with friends except for Slade xTekno. You could also try some Single Player **Shudder** games for the pc. Anyway, what I do most of the time when I'm not behind my computer is playing on my GC with (at least) 3 friends, or just hang out with a couple of friends somewhere in the city. If for some reason all of my friends are busy, well, I just go to the cool places in the city and make some new friends!
If you haven't noticed yet, friends rule.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 01:50   Link #16
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Yeah, but what exactly do you do with your friends?

I didn't even mention it because i live with most of my friends on campus and they're basically always around. Anyways, I've been goin to the beach inbetween classes now that it's warm out. (That's always fun, especially when you got a group of people)
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 01:51   Link #17
Nothing Special
Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
… Let's see how many we can fit in an '87 Toyota Corolla [I belive it was 8]. …
Back in high school, our record was eleven people in my old '89 Honda Civic! Three in the front, six in the back, and two in the trunk. Well, it may have been four in the front and five in the back… but there was definitely two in the trunk.

I like a lot of nonfiction reading, especially science. Console games. Manga. Movies on weekends. I also like 9-ball (billiards) but don't really play it often enough to be considered a hobby. And I like taking apart electronics and putting them back together. Broken many stuff. *proud*

I really want to get into martial arts. I'm pretty interested in learning kung-fu. And Kendo is something I want to, at the very least, try.
Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 02:01   Link #18
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Woah, what? There's a whole world beyond my computer room?
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 02:49   Link #19
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Cook and baking, whenever I'm feeling creative I try to make my own cakes, cookies and beverages. I've haven't had much luck with cooking dishes because my fridge has very limit produce.
Old 2004-04-29, 04:37   Link #20
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I enjoy sleeping... it is my second most favorite thing to do....