AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-16, 16:59   Link #1
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Tetsujin Go 28

Just watched the first episode raw of Tetsujin Go 28. Being a fan of Giant Robo, I became interested in this series as soon as I heard about it. And what familiar faces! Of course, fans of the manga might think Giant Robo ripped the characters off, but I come from having watched GR first.

The first episode was a light introduction, but I'm having trouble deciding whether I really like it enough to continue watching. I was even thinking about translating the series if I really liked it, but I can't judge after the first episode alone.

Has anyone else watched ep1? Is there any group interested in doing this series (or has already begun work on it)? What do you all think?
Old 2004-04-16, 20:04   Link #2
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
Just watched the first episode raw of Tetsujin Go 28. Being a fan of Giant Robo, I became interested in this series as soon as I heard about it. And what familiar faces! Of course, fans of the manga might think Giant Robo ripped the characters off, but I come from having watched GR first.

The first episode was a light introduction, but I'm having trouble deciding whether I really like it enough to continue watching. I was even thinking about translating the series if I really liked it, but I can't judge after the first episode alone.

Has anyone else watched ep1? Is there any group interested in doing this series (or has already begun work on it)? What do you all think?
Some people might think that Giant Robo ripped Tetsugin 28 off, and those people should rightly feel embarassed when they learn that both were created by the same guy.

The OVA 'The Night The Earth Stood Still: Giant Robo' is actually a mixture of characters, organizations, and situations that take place throughout Yokoyama Mitsuteru's works. In this universe, Tetsujin 28 exists alongside Giant Robo.
Old 2004-04-16, 20:11   Link #3
mirichan

I think this is very appropriate...

From ANN today ((Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4867):

posted on 2004-04-15 22:51:58
source: Yahoo News Japan
Creator of Gigantor dies after house fire.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On April 15th manga artist Mitsuteru Yokoyama died at age 69. Yokoyama was best known in North America for his creations Tetsujin 28 go (Gigantor) and Giant Robo.

Earlier today Yokoyama's house caught fire, leading to his death at approximately 10:30pm Tokyo Time. He died at Tokyo Metropolitan Hospital. Information for the funeral service is pending.

Yokoyama was born in 1934, in Kobe. He began writing manga in high school. In 1956, he began "Tetsujin 28 go" in Shonen Magazine.

His life work, the 60 volume retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, won the Manga Artists Association award in 1991.

Other works by Yokoyama include Otenba Tenshi, Babel II, and Magical Witch Sally.
Old 2004-04-17, 01:27   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
It would be nice to re-candle the 80's anime with Tetsujin 28 go hehe,
I also saw the first episode and it was touching to see the anime WOW..a tear poured off my eye hehehe

I never saw the end of Ironman 28 in the 80's ..it must have been something

Quote:

Old 2004-04-17, 02:43   Link #5
a7m4

I am really interested to see Tetsujin 28 Go. It is supposedly going to be the most faithful adaptation of a the manga so far. I have even higher hopes with Yasuhiro Imagawa(director of Giant Robo) directing it as well. Hopefully someone will pick up this series.
Old 2004-04-17, 15:10   Link #6
Soulfang
Inactive Member

No worries about that...
Old 2004-04-17, 15:41   Link #7
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
No worries about that...
Oooh, which group? Is is a secret? Can I work as a translator? Heh
Old 2004-04-17, 16:53   Link #8
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
I don't think he would've semi-announced the rumor if he didn't think there was going to be a translator
Old 2004-04-17, 23:22   Link #9
Yamano667
Banned

umm I dont sub anime ..I sub hentai, but I will surely download the Ironman 28 series

Quote:
Old 2004-04-18, 02:41   Link #10
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
umm I dont sub anime ..I sub hentai, but I will surely download the Ironman 28 series
That is an interesting career choice You must be a real cunning linguist to sub hentais

Anyway is Ironman 28 (2004) a total remake of the old series or is it just a makeover?
Old 2004-04-18, 02:51   Link #11
a7m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
That is an interesting career choice You must be a real cunning linguist to sub hentais

Anyway is Ironman 28 (2004) a total remake of the old series or is it just a makeover?
It really isn't a remake of the anime at all. Instead, it is yet another adaptation of the original manga, and like I stated earlier it will supposedly be the most faithful adaptation so far.
Old 2004-04-18, 13:38   Link #12
evilgordo
Shizuma Inside

Add my vote!!

I'd love to see this new series, either raw or sub.

I hear that Imagawa originally wanted to do Tetsujin 28, but when he was denied, opted for GR.

I'm all for faithful adaptation, but I did really like the re-casting of Yokoyama's characters in GR, would be cool to see it in Tetsujin 28 too.
Old 2004-04-19, 00:29   Link #13
Yamano667
Banned

umm is going to be brand new episodes ..I hope is going to be GREAT
to cook on DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh

Old 2004-04-19, 18:39   Link #14
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgordo
Add my vote!!

I'd love to see this new series, either raw or sub.

I hear that Imagawa originally wanted to do Tetsujin 28, but when he was denied, opted for GR.

I'm all for faithful adaptation, but I did really like the re-casting of Yokoyama's characters in GR, would be cool to see it in Tetsujin 28 too.

According to some translated liner notes (which I've since lost and have been looking for everywhere for another copy) Tetsujin 28 is supposed to exist in the GR world presented in The Night the Earth Stood Still, it would be interesting to see Imagawa continue with the other OVA ideas he developed for that world, especially if he could get the rights to impliment Tetsujin 28 in there. He actually did include a GR version of 28 in the Ginrei OVA series, though I don't believe they mentioned it by name, and the design was changed enough that it could well be considered "fair use" material.

Is this new Tetusjin 28 you guys are talking about a new series, or the live action movie that has been in production for some time? Any slated release times available? When you say you saw the first episode, did you mean of the original series or this new version? I assumed it was the former, but the way the conversation is going...
Old 2004-04-19, 18:57   Link #15
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Ok, nevermind that question, I did a little searching and found the Tetsujin 28 website ( http://www.tetsujin28.tv/ ) and I'm still giddy. Looks like art style is somewhere between the original designs and the GR 'updated' style. Kenji Murasame's character design looks nearly identical, with some cosmetic changes. I cannot wait to see a fansub of this!

If it is licensed for US release, I can only hope it will be released subitled and uncut on DVD. This looks incredible!
Old 2004-04-23, 04:57   Link #16
ati

who know about Tetsujin 28-go 2004 tv series

Do you know about the first ep. I would like to know about the story of this series if anybody know about it please tell me about story of first ep.1

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-23 at 05:10. Reason: Merged with existing thread
Closed Thread