AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-12, 01:28   Link #901
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Only the best for his one Grandson ...

I think it's interesting that so far, the AGE system despite it's apparent importance in the development of MS, isn't really all crucial or better than human engineers when it comes to the construction of new suits. I think the AGE-2 might be the only Gundam type MS we had been told that the AGE system had a lot of hand in it's creation, but aside from that the AGE-1 and the AGE-3 had used the AGE system more as a customizable Wear maker than anything.

On a different note, the energy storage and efficiency for the AGE-3 must be light years ahead of where the federation current MS is right now. The fact that it can sustain multipliable uses of the Sigmaxx Canon (and it's attachment) probably means it can go on being functional for ages.

Does it mention anything about the miniaturized Photon Canon? Like if it's actually using Photons(lol) or if the tech is unique to the AGE-3 with the other Fed. suits using a different tech etc.?
Old 2012-05-12, 01:35   Link #902
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
lol, I dont think it goes into that detail. AGE HGs can be a bit light on the details, perhaps later in the MG or the novels. The Vagan tech thing does match us seeing that Vagan-like propulsion system earlier in 29.

I reckon the AGE System still played a big part in making the suits, but more in tandem with engineers than anything. One of Flit's personal addition of AGE System (mentioned in the MG AGE-1) was to allow pilot input to factor into decisions through the use of Haro, so I reckon that works with engineers having a say as well when it comes to plotting designs and such. The data gathering system I reckon is quite important to, as is the actual self engineering it does.

Also suggests that AGE System wont be becoming Skynet anytime soon. Well, not until it rediscovers nuclear weapons that is.
Old 2012-05-12, 01:47   Link #903
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The AGE-2 had engineer help too--Dique specifically mentioned that Vargas sent him the data the AGE-1 had accumulated under Asem to help develop the Gundam AGE-2 Normal, after all. Since Dique learned under Vargas, who helped Flit create the Gundam AGE-1... yeah I daresay it wasn't something the AGE Builder just spat out one day.
Old 2012-05-12, 02:00   Link #904
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
lol, I dont think it goes into that detail. AGE HGs can be a bit light on the details, perhaps later in the MG or the novels. The Vagan tech thing does match us seeing that Vagan-like propulsion system earlier in 29.

I reckon the AGE System still played a big part in making the suits, but more in tandem with engineers than anything. One of Flit's personal addition of AGE System (mentioned in the MG AGE-1) was to allow pilot input to factor into decisions through the use of Haro, so I reckon that works with engineers having a say as well when it comes to plotting designs and such. The data gathering system I reckon is quite important to, as is the actual self engineering it does.

Also suggests that AGE System wont be becoming Skynet anytime soon. Well, not until it rediscovers nuclear weapons that is.
It also substantiate the earlier released mechanic drawing data of Age-3N, which the shoulder appendages have some inner workings.

In addition to being Flit only, the 3rd chapter episodes shown so far also suggest that the EFF were entirely unaware of the Age-3 itself. Even the Diva with its precious Age System was relegated to reserved.

The Age Haro is a superior design: it lasted into 3 generations.
Old 2012-05-12, 02:27   Link #905
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
lol, I dont think it goes into that detail.
Aw, that's a shame. I was sort of hoping it would actually say it uses actual Photons and we all then have to figure out exactly how fast are the MS's really every time they manage to dodge one of the AGE-3 attacks lol
Quote:
One of Flit's personal addition of AGE System (mentioned in the MG AGE-1) was to allow pilot input to factor into decisions through the use of Haro, so I reckon that works with engineers having a say as well when it comes to plotting designs and such. The data gathering system I reckon is quite important to, as is the actual self engineering it does.
Well, as long as the engineer is the pilot that is. Though it's interesting that Flit had decided to include that in the system. I guess that is to direct the AGE system to create more useful weapons like the DODS Rifle and the two wears and not things like Water protective wears just becuase the AGE-1 got into a couple of water fights.
Quote:
Or Haro assumes direct control ...

It does make me wonder how did it make that suggestion for the Diva's evolution ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The AGE-2 had engineer help too--Dique specifically mentioned that Vargas sent him the data the AGE-1 had accumulated under Asem to help develop the Gundam AGE-2 Normal, after all. Since Dique learned under Vargas, who helped Flit create the Gundam AGE-1... yeah I daresay it wasn't something the AGE Builder just spat out one day.
Hmm, I think I might have worded it poorly. I don't mean that the AGE made the AGE-2 on it's own, but that unlike with the AGE-1 and 3 which had Flit's involvement deeply with their creation, the AGE-2 was made from collecting the data that it got from Asem piloting the AGE-1 and made a MS that was suited to his style of fighting. Obviously data was used from the AGE-1 and 2 for the creation of the AGE-3, but the impression I got was that Flit started on both the AGE-1 and 3 from the drawing board, while the AGE-2 was made with more from the data the AGE system got and then gave a suggestion to what would be more suitable.

(and wow, you changed your Avatar 0_0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
The Age Haro is a superior design: it lasted into 3 generations.
Haro is the unsung Hero of this tale. The finale shot of the show will be him gaining self awareness and sacrificing himself to save humanity.
Old 2012-05-12, 03:17   Link #906
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Haro is the unsung Hero of this tale. The finale shot of the show will be him gaining self awareness and sacrificing himself to save humanity.
I believe when the Age Haro gains self-awareness, by tradition it will waste no time deploying those sealed thermonuclear weapons.

Being a precious terminal for the Age System, it makes you wonder why the Vegans didn't attempt to secure it earlier, even just for the interface protocols.
Old 2012-05-12, 10:27   Link #907
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Being a precious terminal for the Age System, it makes you wonder why the Vegans didn't attempt to secure it earlier, even just for the interface protocols.
It's either Haro is doing a very good job disguising as a toy, or Vagans are just too dumb to realize its importance.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:59   Link #908
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It's either Haro is doing a very good job disguising as a toy, or Vagans are just too dumb to realize its importance.
Or the Veigan have some similar of their owns(in the Wiki says than the Vagans quickly deploy Electrometalic barrier in their Suits as an answer to the DODS Rifle) ("Baqto" Assembly Instruction Manual, 1/144 scale HG Gundam AGE, No.08, Bandai, (2011)).

This Series Haro as long enough time, because unlike Amuro who make the Haro series as Toys(he called Haro that in the original gundam), Flit make the Haro as his personal Laptop(and maybe he keep that Upgrade so long), but the most advance Haro so far have been the Victory Gundam one, when he acts as both Co-pilot for Uso and like his 'Guardian Robot'.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 15:12   Link #909
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Calubin's translation of the HG AGE-3 manual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175
It did emphasise the Vagan tech were continually being analysed by the Federation. The AGE-3 is also capable of atmospheric flight without the need of a sub-flight system, which sets it apart from other Federation MS. Though many new innovations have been implemented into the AGE-3, upon its rendezvous with the Diva along with the AGE Builder, it continues to see more evolution.
It seems to say that the AGE-3 isn't using a sub flight system to fly. In a sense it's also telling us that some other EF suits used a specific "sub flight system" in order to achieve flight, and that the AGE-3 doesn't use this.
Old 2012-05-12, 15:29   Link #910
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

It seems to say that the AGE-3 isn't using a sub flight system to fly. In a sense it's also telling us that some other EF suits used a specific "sub flight system" in order to achieve flight, and that the AGE-3 doesn't use this.
Makes sense really. The only Federation MS we've seen capable of flying on Earth are the AGE-2 and the Clanche, both of which use their Strider Forms to fly. Everything else either stays on the ground or uses subflight lifters to get to the air, as seen with the Genoace-O using one in the last episode.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 02:45   Link #911
Sinzz
Orange

I mentioned something like that a few pages back. We've never really seen an AGE MS do any flying unless it was outside of the atmosphere, and the only ones that have are the AGE-2 and most recently the Clanches, both of which have to be in strider mode to even fly around. With the verniers that AGE-3 has, it has gained the ability to fly around in MS mode and hover etc while the AGE-2 and the Clanches had to be flying at "high speeds" in order to stay afloat, much like an airplane.
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 03:27   Link #912
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Looks like a new Vagan MS has escaped our sights, but not anymore.

Identified by GN0010 Nosferatu wayback, the vegans new unit debuts just for the Fortress.
Spoiler for ep. 31:
Old 2012-05-13, 03:34   Link #913
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Going from the next episode preview, those MS can be used underwater as well.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 04:11   Link #914
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Going from the next episode preview, those MS can be used underwater as well.
Yeah and armed with missiles too...Age's Capule? Official name is "Gomel" and likely the green one is the grunt version. ->http://www.gundam-age.net/ms/3rd_004w.html
Old 2012-05-13, 04:29   Link #915
nyerk

The Gomel's transformation looks just like the Shinkiro from Code Geass.

Looks pretty cool, I'm hoping they make a HG.
nyerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 06:28   Link #916
bio9205
Reborn

Seems it has 3 modes - MS, MA, and one with the legs folded up so it can "surf" on the sand/water. Pretty interesting.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 06:43   Link #917
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

And a red custom unit for Zeheart as well
Old 2012-05-13, 07:38   Link #918
PzIVf3

My guess this gorilla design have secretly built on Earth by a Federation collaborators.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 08:40   Link #919
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Seems it has 3 modes - MS, MA, and one with the legs folded up so it can "surf" on the sand/water. Pretty interesting.
I thought that was the drone's alternate mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
And a red custom unit for Zeheart as well
That makes 3 variations including Zeheart's "commander type".

I noticed that the Fortress' quad weapon discharge are capable of combining (with effects) into one large output, though they didn't name it this time.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:56   Link #920
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

One thing is for sure. The AGE-3 Fortress will dominate any ground unit or base. Now then, how will it fare against high-speed aerial units...
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote