AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 01:39   Link #1061
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
I think the Qan[T]'s cockpit is located higher up in the torso rather than closer to the waist.

I could be wrong though.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:42   Link #1062
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, you could be wrong: http://gigazine.jp/img/2010/03/25/ta...gundam0017.jpg
Old 2012-07-21, 01:45   Link #1063
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
...And I am very wrong indeed. XD

Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:19   Link #1064
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
looks like Age-FX Stangle Rifle has limited rounds ....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 08:55   Link #1065
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
looks like Age-FX Stangle Rifle has limited rounds ....
Probably an excuse for the bazooka mode "upgrade".

Anyway, I wonder how long Luna Base has been in Vagan hands. Did they go through all the trouble to replace all the EFF DODS beam cannons in the base with Vagan tech? Also, Girard's G-Bouncer (Tielvar, whatever) still uses DODS beams. And while we're on this, could its remote beam weaponry be a product of the Vagan's tinkering after Girard defected, or were the EFF experimenting on remote weaponry long before the advent of the AGE-FX's C-Funnels?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:49   Link #1066
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wait, they actually brought the limited ammunition thing back? We haven't seen that since episode 2.
Old 2012-07-23, 12:45   Link #1067
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wait, they actually brought the limited ammunition thing back? We haven't seen that since episode 2.
I thought it was episode 3 when the AGE-1's DODS Rifle ran out of ammo? Same battle though.

I'm kinda disappointed they haven't played out this sort of aspect more in the series frankly. It would be nice if they were to acknowledge it from time to time even if they don't make the main characters run out just to get them in trouble.
Old 2012-07-23, 13:15   Link #1068
EpyonHell

The Ghirarga Staff has to be the single greatest weapon in any Gundam series. It acts as a beam nagata, double scythe, single and double blaster (look in ep 41 it was pointed perpendicular to the Clanche's and fired 2 shots) AND can break into 2 and be double wielded. Simply amazing
EpyonHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 13:49   Link #1069
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
In that regard, it reminds me a bit of 00's GN Sword IIs function wise. Though unlike the GN Sword IIs personally I really dislike the Ghirarga's weapon design as far as looks are concerned.
Old 2012-07-24, 00:06   Link #1070
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Probably an excuse for the bazooka mode "upgrade".

Anyway, I wonder how long Luna Base has been in Vagan hands. Did they go through all the trouble to replace all the EFF DODS beam cannons in the base with Vagan tech? Also, Girard's G-Bouncer (Tielvar, whatever) still uses DODS beams. And while we're on this, could its remote beam weaponry be a product of the Vagan's tinkering after Girard defected, or were the EFF experimenting on remote weaponry long before the advent of the AGE-FX's C-Funnels?
Plausibly this; the Vegan's newer units had upgraded to the light effects type of remote weaponry. Maybe the Tielvar is a full X-rounder suit, not just some kind of a G-Bouncer with a half control system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonHell View Post
The Ghirarga Staff has to be the single greatest weapon in any Gundam series. It acts as a beam nagata, double scythe, single and double blaster (look in ep 41 it was pointed perpendicular to the Clanche's and fired 2 shots) AND can break into 2 and be double wielded. Simply amazing
Multipurpose yes, but from its battles, the staff seems to lack power. Along with Fawnfarsia's staff, the Vegans seems to have perfected the beam forming technology.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:58   Link #1071
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I haven't seen the new episode of AGE yet, but I saw pictures of numerous Adele colored G-Bouncers.

That thing got mass produced?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 02:02   Link #1072
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Bouncer (since the G-Bouncer was a name only Woolf used for his suit) was in competition to be the next frontline mobile suit, but the Adele won out. Now it's usually used by MS instructors and ace pilots.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:01   Link #1073
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Right right. I forgot about that detail. Seems pretty...stupid though. Such an old outdated machine. Better off using Clanche Customs or something.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 18:41   Link #1074
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's not nearly as outdated as the Gundam AGE-1, but they still prove to be powerful machines when in capable hands, so the overall age isn't really an excuse. We saw how effective Bisidian is in combat against Danazines, and they're still using Shaldolls and G-Exeses.
Old 2012-07-26, 22:02   Link #1075
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We saw how effective Bisidian is in combat against Danazines, and they're still using Shaldolls and G-Exeses.
Well, to be fair those Shaldolls and G-Exes seem to have more than a few modifications to them.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:23   Link #1076
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Dodsrifle arms and Heat swords ARRRR
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 10:21   Link #1077
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Legilis made them look as good as Leos though....I suppose ezelcant wasn't kidding when he said "we built this gundam legilis with exa db tech and you bastards don't stand a chance vs it" lol
Old 2012-07-27, 23:36   Link #1078
Meltyred

Well, its a gundam, unless you are really important you get one shotted in a grunt suit.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 19:36   Link #1079
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I was just thinking, the Vagans put a lot of effort into their machines, right down to the ergonomic design of their seats!

Whatever small edge you get from reduced pilot fatigue and increased comfort is surely worth it, right?
Old 2012-07-28, 19:37   Link #1080
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe... but is it worth it when a knife in the back means a face full of console?