AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 16:13   Link #221
Katapan
俺様祭り

God damn it, those endings. I really have a soft spot for rotating character endings, and this series is no exception. Not as good as Otome Youkai Zakuro's musically, yet even funnier than Kyouran Kazoku Nikki's. They've also reused MM!'s concept of dividing the staff into S/M in the credits for Kagerou, which is still... amusing?
Old 2012-02-09, 16:21   Link #222
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ah Kagerou made his appearance. Still funny and annoying at the same time.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:24   Link #223
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 05

Hmm, so far the episodes haven't been really interesting for me. The occasional moe or comedy moments are pretty much the only thing so far keep me entertained.

This whole episode was like with the S&M freak although Karauta in a nekomimi maid costumer was awsome.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:44   Link #224
Misdreavius

They seem to have changed things around and have started to deviate from the manga. I like that we get to see and hear Kagerou's awesome SM categorization, but I think it would have been better and funnier if they swapped the upcoming episode 6 and 5 around to stay in line with the manga.

Though it sucks that the manga only really gets into the hard stuff in the later section, so naturally the anime will only get there in a few more weeks time, and by then, I guess all the type A people have tuned off.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 18:21   Link #225
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Did the credits seriously attribute "S" or "M" to all of the staff? Including the corporate entities?

Karuta is a bottomless pit, which I find hilarious. I was wondering what kind of master she had, since she doesn't seem to be the most... eh... how to put it delicately... engaged of the agents. I suppose she's well suited to him if her primary role in the relationship is to be cosplay fodder. I laughed at her deadpan declaration of love, and Watanuki's reaction.

So our newest cast member's appearance comes to... nothing, in the end. I guess I can forgive it, since I was entertained for the entire show, but this kind of apparent padding is becoming a bit of a habit. The last two episodes have hinted at more to Souchi, and I suppose we'll at least get that as the story goes on, but I'm not sure there will be much more driving action in the story.

Spoiler for Speculah:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 20:13   Link #226
Sumeragi
Banned

You know people, about that white coat Ririchiyo wear with her uniform..... (Massive nosebleed) Couldn't it be the sign that she was top of the class? I know that occasionally some private schools do have special uniforms for the best students.

Also, cold white chibi Ririchiyo..... (Massive nosebleed again, as the room is flooded by blood)
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 20:25   Link #227
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You know people, about that white coat Ririchiyo wear with her uniform..... (Massive nosebleed) Couldn't it be the sign that she was top of the class? I know that occasionally some private schools do have special uniforms for the best students.

Also, chibi Ririchiyo..... (Massive nosebleed again)
Hmm ... I didn't know there were places that did things like that.... For some reason I thought it was a science lab coat and she just liked wearing it.
Old 2012-02-09, 20:39   Link #228
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Don't know if the coat is related, think its just what she likes to wear, but Isn't she the top of the class because she gave the speech at the welcoming party.
Old 2012-02-09, 20:43   Link #229
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Don't know if the coat is related, think its just what she likes to wear, but Isn't she the top of the class because she gave the speech at the welcoming party.
That she is ... the whole sequence with the jealous fellow classmates was around the fact that she took top honors grade wise iirc....
Old 2012-02-09, 21:37   Link #230
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I also approve of seeing Ririchiyo in her "lab coat" again. Poor Riri still doesn't know that her "heartbeat" issues are her being in love. It definately looks like Soushi X Ririchiyo is the NTR route but with a fiance like Kagerou, our favorite moe ogre is better off with the fox.

Kagerou is most definately a jerk, although slightly amusing in his over-the-top jerkiness and his odd pattern of saying "sadist" or "maschoist". LOL at Nobara's reaction to him and his "gift". That's giving someone the cold shoulder, literally.

The preview seems to suggest some Karuta X Banri so that could be interesting. Also saw that Riri will be in her ogre form again, which is also rather moe.

Episode gets a 8/10. It's still solid, but not as enjoyable as the previous episodes.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 22:34   Link #231
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is it just me or is it hard to take a guy seriously when he says "Don't call me cute!" while wearing hair clips?

In a funny way, this show reminds me of Petopeto-san, though the tone is obviously much more sarcastic. That was a sweet series that was edgier than it looked, and this is an edgy series that's sweeter than it looks.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 00:47   Link #232
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
An s and an M. This post button likes being pressed; it must be an M! Tomokazu Sugita-- oh only they could get you to read these lines with a straight face.

So over the past few episodes, it really brings in why Ririchiyo is like that. A lot of people are hating on her because she grew up rich, and her aloof personality makes her even more inaccessible. Most of these emotions or signs of goodwill, are merely token gestures that really have no value. That's probably what she thought of Sparkling Butler here at first too; after all if you do something just because you are told to, is there a point to it? Or maybe there is.

She reminds me of Rika Furude at times.

Overall, Inu x Boku SS is a fun watch, but I don't really see the point of the show besides Ririchiyo being hot and Soushi looking pretty and being a stalker. I'm sure their relationship will develop and all, but it has been moving kinda slow and the show's mostly been pulling out wackier and wackier characters. Still, I suppose it can be forgiven every time they show her in her sleeping clothes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 06:04   Link #233
Cloudy

I'm wondering why Aniplex isn't listed as S in the end credits despite it removed our favourite AMVs from Aniplex shows.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:23   Link #234
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I felt pretty creeped out when I saw the scene with that guy offering some food to the younger Ririchiyo Makes me wonder if he was just doing it because he found her cute or wanted her money....or....ahh, i'm just going to stop

Aww, why did that Kagerou guy have to break up that moment between Ririchiyo and Soushi They were about to embrac each others love and realise that they were meant for each other! Or...something like that

And then of course, we get to witness the awesome scene of Nobara reacting to Karuta in the maid outfit And the way she reacted to the ball gag XD What was he doing carrying that around with him anyway?

Poor Banri! Just how much torture did he go through between the three of them when he was younger? That bit did make me laugh though.
Old 2012-02-10, 10:15   Link #235
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Is it just me or is it hard to take a guy seriously when he says "Don't call me cute!" while wearing hair clips?
And that adds to his appeal all the more :P He's an adorable wittle angry tanuki, isn't he?
That is a good observation though, why does he wear the hair clips if he wants to be perceived as tough? Doesn't he realize it won't help his cause? Be a tough guy and let the hair fall in your eyes! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing
An s and an M. This post button likes being pressed; it must be an M! Tomokazu Sugita-- oh only they could get you to read these lines with a straight face.
I was thinking the exact same thing during those scenes. Only he could pull this off so smoothly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox
Spoiler for Speculah:
Spoiler:
I'll wager on that.
Old 2012-02-10, 12:11   Link #236
Bern-san

God...The anime was doing the adaption quite good but this episode made me upset. They introduced Kagerou earlier for... nothing? Just to introduce him and that's it?
I won't go into details but I don't think it was a good idea to do this *sigh*

Some of the scenes (like the flashback of little Ririchiyo at the start of the episode and she going alone to buy some paper for letters, in the manga she goes alone to buy another thing for another reason) were anime-only and they left other scenes out or changed them since this episode happened later in the manga.

Spoiler for Comparison of the order of the chapters in manga and anime, only the title of the chapters and what chapters were animated in episode 5:

Apart from this, I enjoyed having Kagerou being voiced by Sugita and his ending was so hilarious (I could imagine this kind of song in Gintama with some Gintoki and Sa-chan).
Well at least next episode is going to be a really cute one
Old 2012-02-10, 15:22   Link #237
ookamigirl

Watanuki is the most fun & scary character at the same time ^^"
On the other hand fox boy is the cutest & sweetest.
It was bad that their private moment got cut off abruptly.
Shoukiin sure is another weird one..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:17   Link #238
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Episode 5 highlights for me:

Old 2012-02-10, 22:17   Link #239
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And anther weirdo comes in and Kagerou is a just talking about S&M
Karuta in cat ear and a maid outfit