AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 00:22   Link #101
sword.impulse
*Insert something clever*

The Zaku dug up was a Zaku, but the GM looking thing was called the Cannon Illefuto
sword.impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 05:05   Link #102
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

ok, i absolutly hate that pyscho bitch in turn A , i hope she die
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 13:41   Link #103
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
"Moon" is the same thing as "Yami no Matsui"; the only difference is that "Moon" has English lyrics.
I believe the ending song (Japanese version of Moon) is called "Tsuki no Mayu", not "Yami no Matsui" (isn't that a JCStaff anime?)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
Hehehehem I am pretty sure it's linked to UC when I saw them digged up GM and Zaku. I was thinking the exact same way as u JediKnight, Gundam X desn't add up lol. The thing buggs me is if people survies the colony drop, why their technology is so shitty after 2000 years.....
Because Gundam X would take place before the Moonlight Butterfly event, which destroyed civilization on Earth.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:59   Link #104
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well if her body is rapidly deteriorating as it appears, then she couldn't really stay near Sochie, because they would know it wasn't Kihel. Although I imagine Sochie would be okay with it, as she admits the two have basically become like the same person. Would be kinda hard to explain to the town why she was using a cane already though
Actually, I was talking about Sochie moving to the Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
And I did notice how they suddenly gave her a much more mature look at the end of the episode there than Sochie normally had.
I think that the creators did this for two reasons: to indicate the passage of time, and to show how much Sochie had grown over the course of her experiences.

Quote:
Hehehehem I am pretty sure it's linked to UC when I saw them digged up GM and Zaku. I was thinking the exact same way as u JediKnight, Gundam X desn't add up lol. The thing buggs me is if people survies the colony drop, why their technology is so shitty after 2000 years.....
I don't think that the tying all Gundam shows into Turn A thing works very well, but it doesn't exactly matter very much given the nature of the cycles. If Gundam X really did precede Turn A, then there'd be perhaps many tens of thousands of years separating the two. The fact that the Amerians and other Earthers don't have any recollection of their history suggest a vast gulf of time. Then again, Gundam X never did all that much with the majority of the human race dying even though it happened less than twenty years prior to the main storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I believe the ending song (Japanese version of Moon) is called "Tsuki no Mayu", not "Yami no Matsui" (isn't that a JCStaff anime?)...
You're absolutely right - how the heck did I make a mistake like that when I got it right earlier? Oh well, I'll edit it.
Old 2008-03-15, 18:06   Link #105
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:

PS: Going to China town to get a MG turn A tomorrow, and kinda upset they never had Turn A in Super Robot War W
As 4tran mentioned before, it seems most likely that the entire Gundam saga encompasses many ages of civilization for humanity. Where they repeatedly make the same mistakes and destroy themselves only to rebuild later.

They mention near the end that something like 10,000 years has passed since the Universal Century began. (Which most of the series were between UC0078-UC0110 or whatever) Gundam X then could take place almost anywhere in the timeline after that. Maybe those colonies were dropped only say 500 years after UC started, then they spent another couple thousand years building up again and built the TurnA. Which then triggered the Moonlight Butterfly event...

And the reason it might take them 2000 years to rebuild is because the Moonlight Butterfly uses nanites and basically decays everything to dust very rapidly. So suddenly you have a very advanced civilization have a large amount of the population die, and the ones left have to start over with rocks And the people not on Earth decided to leave the planet alone over that time, so it would take a very long time, indeed.

(Imagine if I told you to build a computer, and all I provided you with to start out was a wooden axe and a plow)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 18:16   Link #106
sword.impulse
*Insert something clever*

Also, I always wondered more about the colonies that were said to have drifted off to far away galaxies when turn a took place
sword.impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:01   Link #107
JediNight
キズランダム

Something else I forgot to mention: Nuclear weaponry was used during that war where the Moonlight Butterfly was used. So you would also have to wait a long time for the radiation to disappear, and reclaim all that land. (Which would be highly time-consuming)
Old 2008-03-15, 19:14   Link #108
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword.impulse View Post
Also, I always wondered more about the colonies that were said to have drifted off to far away galaxies when turn a took place
Probably served two purposes:
1) Tomino was adamant about not having colonies in the show to spite the longtime otakus (or something to that effect). Having the colonies departing the Earth sphere showed why Turn A did not have any colonies.

2) Fans have theorized that the colonies departing (notice that they are UC style O'Neil colonies) signified the end of the UC era. Mankind finally left its Mother Earth behind to heal and recover from its endless wars and those that chose to remain would live in a decidedly more agarian lifestyle (much like how Uso & co. lived in Victory). As this was a central theme in UC, Tomino might have put that there as his final say for UC.
--Of course, the shots of Neo Japan (FC), Wing Zero and Gundam X meant that war would come right back to Earth in a few millenia, which leads right back to the point I made a few posts ago...
Old 2008-03-15, 19:21   Link #109
JediNight
キズランダム

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is why the Moonrace never developed their own colonies then. It would seem like a better alternative to putting people into hibernation for 100s of years. But I suppose their plan was always to have the Moonrace repatriate to the Earth, so building colonies would side-track people from that goal.
Old 2008-03-16, 09:50   Link #110
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

It's entirely possible that the Moonrace's understanding of technology was limited to simply what they were left with. The Dark History may not have explained the exact nature and types of resources needed to construct space colonies and their use of hibernation may have eliminated the need for them based on survival.

In short, they could survive as long as they needed to on the moon, but still had great desire for a single goal, on which the entirety of their politics and resources would be focused, relocating back to earth.

(Although it should be noted that they did conduct agricultural colony experiments such as Mistletoe, but even these small asteroid colonies were supposedly quite difficult for them to build without the earth's resources.)
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 06:16   Link #111
Saulofein
Are you cheating me ?

Damn, it's really a great anime...
I don't remember any other gundam with so much background and story...
A very nice conclusion to yhe UC even if it's sad for many characters.
For Dianna :
Spoiler for end:

And the last endin is the best gundam op/end for me now
A great song...

Last edited by Saulofein; 2008-03-17 at 06:54.
Saulofein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 09:56   Link #112
Ottocycle

Spoiler:

Though it's sad for many characters, I love it for being the Gundam that accomplished the best plot with the least amount of character deaths.

And Tsuki no Mayu is the best Gundam ED period.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 04:41   Link #113
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Can anyone find the translated lyrics for Tsuki no Mayu? I've been trying to find out what its saying for a long time.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 04:45   Link #114
Ottocycle

Here you go.
This is my small contribution to the Turn A fandom. Please tell me if there's any mistakes, or worse, missing stuff.
Spoiler for romaji:

Spoiler for English translation:

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2008-03-20 at 20:27.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 12:12   Link #115
ziel

I remember when watching the series, it was really sad at the end.
It is definitely the most outstanding series in the Gundam universe - story wise and design wise. I still prefer Zeta Gundam and V Gundam, the battles and MS are more accessible there.
ziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:49   Link #116
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Thank you for the lyrics humbug23!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 00:06   Link #117
lixuelai

Quote:

PS: Going to China town to get a MG turn A tomorrow, and kinda upset they never had Turn A in Super Robot War W
Probably thought the Gundam looked too bad lol.

I watched Turn A after my college roommate told me it was the "worst" Gundam show. I was curious and looked up the rating on ANN and it was excellent. So I watched it... It was hard getting used to at first but after the first few episodes the series really shined. Definitely my favorite Gundam series. Maybe not from the "fun" factor but it is much deeper.

Spoiler for Turn A:
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 14:34   Link #118
Kikuchi

I finished watching the series a few days ago. Not much to say, only that it was wonderful. A nice change in the saga, definitely one of my favorite Gundam series.

I just had some troubles with some parts of the ending, quite confusing. Especially things about Dianna and Loran, their situation... But as I could saw by reading the topic, we're only left to speculate, in the end.

Finally, I don't mean any offence, but H-L subs were downright awful.
The translator knew what he was talking about (the story, the characters, the suits) but definitely didn't had much knowledge of the japanese language. There are incredibly big screw-ups in almost every - if not EVERY - episode, with a lot a dialogue being totally made up.
I asked people who saw the H-L subs but don't speak japanese around me and realized none of them noticed it, which just makes me sad...
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 20:19   Link #119
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

I also just finished watching the anime. It was a great anime and I really like the storyline, a lot. But I agree with some of you, that the ending seems to be kinda confusing ... and depressing to me. Anyways, it's really worth to watch it.

Spoiler:

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 14:14   Link #120
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for i want kids:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote