AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-22, 08:52   Link #35341
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I got a copy during the raid IIRC. So I'll be fine on that front.

And yeah, I'm farming the Dark Shinsengumi HQ but being only level 105 I can only do 3 runs before running out of AP. I can squeeze in another one in the evening but that's it. I need 75 sturdy logs... feels like it's going to be hard.
You can trade for them in the shop as well. If it's easier for you to farm the bells, that's a solution.
Old 2022-09-22, 18:14   Link #35342
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You can trade for them in the shop as well. If it's easier for you to farm the bells, that's a solution.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Only have the 9th and presumably the 10th and final floor left to build.
Old 2022-09-24, 02:32   Link #35343
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://fate-strange-fake.com/

Strange Fake special episode at end of the year. Same time that TM shows their special episodes. There's a chance it might continue to a full TV series like El Melloi II who had the New Year special shown on the same date then got an anime afterwards.

And this is probably just hopium but maybe there's a chance that Saber here is going to be our New Year Servant. We've been on a Saber-Foreigner rotation since Musashi came out and our last New Year Servant was a Foreigner, Dark Koya. So yeah, just a guess with very little to go with but be prepared.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 07:12   Link #35344
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really hope Strange/Fake will get an adaptation, because it seems really good. And in regards to FGO, it would be their opportunity to finally introduce alternate Hercs. It's utterly baffling that he's been stuck as a Berserker for 7 years when we know he's eligible for six classes (seven with Avenger).
Old 2022-09-24, 08:07   Link #35345
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
https://fate-strange-fake.com/

Strange Fake special episode at end of the year. Same time that TM shows their special episodes. There's a chance it might continue to a full TV series like El Melloi II who had the New Year special shown on the same date then got an anime afterwards.

And this is probably just hopium but maybe there's a chance that Saber here is going to be our New Year Servant. We've been on a Saber-Foreigner rotation since Musashi came out and our last New Year Servant was a Foreigner, Dark Koya. So yeah, just a guess with very little to go with but be prepared.
He's not Asian nor Asian inspired, so I doubt he'll be the NY Servant.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 09:20   Link #35346
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
I really hope Strange/Fake will get an adaptation, because it seems really good. And in regards to FGO, it would be their opportunity to finally introduce alternate Hercs. It's utterly baffling that he's been stuck as a Berserker for 7 years when we know he's eligible for six classes (seven with Avenger).
If I remember right, Narita was pretty stubborn regarding anime/using his characters in FGO untill novels are finished. Unless he changed his mind or plans to speed up and finish the series within a year or so, it is still 7 volumes out of 10(?) planned.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 17:07   Link #35347
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
If I remember right, Narita was pretty stubborn regarding anime/using his characters in FGO untill novels are finished. Unless he changed his mind or plans to speed up and finish the series within a year or so, it is still 7 volumes out of 10(?) planned.
Going into spoilers...

Spoiler for Fate strange fake:

There are still 4 other classes he can fit into. He's the only servant from F/SN aside from fake and true Assassins to not be summonable in an another class in FGO.

Artoria has like dozens of variants
Emiya has Emiya alter
Gil has Caster
Cu has Caster and Berserker
Medusa has Lancer
Medea has Lily, not another class but still a variation

It feels like Narita is basically holding him hostage.
Old 2022-09-24, 19:16   Link #35348
Tenzen12

Medusa has lancer AND avenger. I don't think there is any point make distinction between Medusa and Gorgon. C rank Oblivion Correction make her ust bit tsun.
Old 2022-09-24, 19:32   Link #35349
GDB

Quote:
Emiya has Emiya alter
Still an Archer.
Old 2022-09-25, 02:45   Link #35350
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There is Muramasa, not sure if he counts.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 06:02   Link #35351
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is Muramasa, not sure if he counts.
Course it does. Muramasa's possessing Shirou's body. Much like Ishtar with Rin and Parvati with Sakura.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 07:14   Link #35352
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Still an Archer.
I thought he was an Assassin but I must have confused him with the other Emiya. He's still a new "form", regardless. Herc is still stuck as a Berserker who can't speak a word.

Incidentally, Berserkers who can speak normally, meaning the majority of them, don't feel like Berserkers to me.

Another thing that struck me since I got into FGO is that they completely stopped caring about explaining the gender-bending of all those characters. I guess you could argue that started with Extra though, Nero being known as a man in history was never explained. And it's not like she hid her femininity, she fought lions naked and stuff.

And speaking of Nero, I found out about Beast VI/Draco. I have no clue why she's exclusive to the Arcade. It was foreshadowed as far back as Septem, maybe even Extra if you count Gawain calling her Whore of Babylon. She has a super hot design in her adult form too, and I sure would love to hear evil Sakura Tange.

Nero was also the start of the Saberface, now that I think about it.
Old 2022-09-25, 07:50   Link #35353
GDB

Quote:
I guess you could argue that started with Extra though, Nero being known as a man in history was never explained.
Yes it was. The Senate hated her so much that just killing her wasn't enough, they had to completely change who she was in history so nothing but her name remained (which they also dragged through the mud).
Old 2022-09-25, 10:51   Link #35354
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes it was. The Senate hated her so much that just killing her wasn't enough, they had to completely change who she was in history so nothing but her name remained (which they also dragged through the mud).
Oh, totally forgot about that. So I guess it started with FGO, though they did attempt to explain a few like Da Vinci.
Old 2022-09-25, 11:04   Link #35355
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Minamoto no Raikou's was extremely convoluted.
Jacques de Molay's is basically handwaved as "Lovecraftian abomination did it!", iirc.
Old 2022-09-25, 14:07   Link #35356
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Minamoto no Raikou's was extremely convoluted.
Jacques de Molay's is basically handwaved as "Lovecraftian abomination did it!", iirc.
Raikou was basically "well we need you but we can't stomach the idea that a woman is in charge so we're going to have literally everyone aggressively misgender you and we'll all pretend that's how things really are" and she just kinda went along with it out of duty.

Jacques was an actual in-universe gender bend. Arcade has the actual person as a man, but Foreigner Molay is a victim of the Innocent Monster thing turned up to 11. The fact that people thought he was a traitor gave rise to a version of him that was, and its association with a lust god resulted in an almost literal r34 version of himself.
Old 2022-09-25, 14:10   Link #35357
XFire
150% done

Now that I think about it most of the Japanese Servant gender-bends are explained as "This person was really cool but women aren't supposed to be cool so history recorded them as a man instead"

I wonder if Nasu is trying to tell us something
Old 2022-09-25, 17:06   Link #35358
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I'm relly angry they keep gender-bending characters instead of using more actual cool female historical figures. But I gave up already.

If I ever finish my Fate-inspired fanfic, there will be zero gender-bend Servants
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 00:49   Link #35359
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I thought he was an Assassin but I must have confused him with the other Emiya. He's still a new "form", regardless. Herc is still stuck as a Berserker who can't speak a word.

Incidentally, Berserkers who can speak normally, meaning the majority of them, don't feel like Berserkers to me.

Another thing that struck me since I got into FGO is that they completely stopped caring about explaining the gender-bending of all those characters. I guess you could argue that started with Extra though, Nero being known as a man in history was never explained. And it's not like she hid her femininity, she fought lions naked and stuff.

And speaking of Nero, I found out about Beast VI/Draco. I have no clue why she's exclusive to the Arcade. It was foreshadowed as far back as Septem, maybe even Extra if you count Gawain calling her Whore of Babylon. She has a super hot design in her adult form too, and I sure would love to hear evil Sakura Tange.

Nero was also the start of the Saberface, now that I think about it.
I think he also called Tamamo that though, so yeah.

As for the zerkers... Well Kiyohime most certainly is a Zerker

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 04:40   Link #35360
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I'm relly angry they keep gender-bending characters instead of using more actual cool female historical figures. But I gave up already.

If I ever finish my Fate-inspired fanfic, there will be zero gender-bend Servants
I don't think FGO fails using actual female historical figures enough though. It's just it adds gendebends on top of that.

Tags
android, fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon