AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-21, 09:50   Link #181
magnuskn

Probably her *dead* old friend, Ryu's attitude is anything to go by. <sad>
Old 2022-09-21, 17:35   Link #182
GDB

It's not even an attitude thing. Her entire familia was wiped out except for herself. Ergo...
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 20:31   Link #183
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
That novel is going to adapt the 3rd anniv game story of Memoria Freese that's a prequel to the main story.
I'm not familiar with that anniversary story but I assume it's different and probably more detailed than what Vol. 14 gave/give us. Now thinking about it, if they don't want to start anything after Vol.14 (which is good and bad) but have 11 episodes at hand, maybe they will expand on the past. I could see them doing that. Otherwise I had no idea what their plan could be.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 20:49   Link #184
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Astraea Records is about the Dark Ages of Orario. Takes place 7 years before the main story. It was the peak of Evilus and how Orario struggled and then won against them. Astraea Familia was a main player in that conflict(given how the novel title refers to them) and how they supported Orario when it was down and beaten by Evilus. Not sure how that will connect to the upcoming episodes as that's spoilers. And probably not related anymore to the anime so further discussions should be in the LN section.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 09:30   Link #185
Frontier

I guess it makes sense that creatures born from the dungeon like Monsters or the Xenos could sense something as catastrophic as the Juggernaut that too is born from the dungeon...and Marie wants nothing to do with it, but she just can't abandon Bell. Could she somehow save him ?

"Juggernaut?" That thing is a pure, raging, demon sent out from the Dungeon to annihilate all that did it harm. Those poor random adventurers didn't stand a chance. It's a slaughter! I can only imagine how horrifying the Astraea Familia's fate is now. Bors has enough chance to try and run but it doesn't do them any good .

Man, Jura is one psychotic scumbag. He hated the Astraea Familia for their heroism so much that he and his Familia kept trying to kill them until they succeeded, even if he was the only survivor, but he spent years planning on summoning that monstrous thing again just to carry out his revenge and thinks he can actually control that thing. My only consolation is I have a good feeling that is definitely not going to happen for him .

Poor Cassandra...she tried so hard to prevent this tragedy, but she failed, and she also is wracked with guilt that she saved her own party at the expense of all the other adventurers on the 27th floor. And she might not have even accomplished that much because it sounds like the Juggernaut regards all the floors from 25th-27th as it's hunting ground .

Oh hey, Xenos cameo! That was a nice treat in an otherwise depressing and horrifying episode .

And poor Ryu...she's so wracked up in guilt, depression, and despair knowing they're fighting a hopeless fight and that she's doomed to see every one in front of her die again with no power to be able to stop it. She's been through so much .

Of course Bell isn't going to just give up and let the Juggernaut kill more people in front of him, but even Bells' skills and speed are no match for the Juggernaut in its pure ferocity and power. Even worse, it just reflects magic attacks back at the caster, making it almost impervious to all harm .

And just when you think things were completely hopeless...it slices off Bell's arm and knife with its tail. And that's not even the end of it, it seemingly snaps Bells' neck and kills him in one fell swoop. Is...is Bell really dead? How are they going to get out of this? I can't even enjoy the fact that Ryu finally said Bell's first name because it came from so much grief and despair and that it looks like they're all doomed .
Old 2022-09-22, 12:28   Link #186
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I can understand Ryu not moving because of the trauma of the Juggernaut but Bell really could have gone and knocked out Jura instead of letting him monologue his revenge plot. Especially when he mentioned the whip again to be used to tame the boss. He could have knocked it out of his hand or take away from him.

And wow that's bloody. The most brutal showing so far in the series. The scarf given by Cassandra from Lili's cloak most definitely saved Bell so I'm more worried about his sliced hand. And how did this Juggernaut get beaten in the past after the slaughter of the Astraea Familia? Was that the same Nightmare on the 27th floor that Filvis was involved in in Sword Oratoria?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 14:08   Link #187
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
I can understand Ryu not moving because of the trauma of the Juggernaut but Bell really could have gone and knocked out Jura instead of letting him monologue his revenge plot. Especially when he mentioned the whip again to be used to tame the boss. He could have knocked it out of his hand or take away from him.

And wow that's bloody. The most brutal showing so far in the series. The scarf given by Cassandra from Lili's cloak most definitely saved Bell so I'm more worried about his sliced hand.
Yeah, that guy's monologue was really annoying. Took up most of the episode too. I too disliked the fact that they could have at least subdued him, even if they eventually would have to release him once the big bad showed itself.

Never saw Bell get beaten this bad before. The dungeon giveth and the dungeon taketh. I did like how swiftly Bell was knocked out. It shows the strength of the opponent, since usually he gets whittled away at instead of outright overpowered. I'd say his hand will be okay. It fell into the lake, so I'm sure a combination of Marie and her blood will get it back to normal, although I'd probably be more impressed if he lost his arm for the short term(ie. to the end of battle and some time beyond, with potential to get it back somehow later )

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 14:20   Link #188
grecefar

Well, that was gory.

I was about to call bs with bell facing that moster and be a hero again saving everyone, oh boy I was wrong. No matter how his grown is this is a monster way out of his league.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 17:25   Link #189
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's not often that I'm left going "ok, now do something." While watching a show. But having Bell and Ryu stand there like idiots while this villain tells them all about his plan was aggravating. Ryu of all people shouldn't have the patience to listen to this guy. Just attack him already! He is actively getting people killed and actively threatening with that magic item, while also having nothing to defend himself. There is absolutely no reason to not do something!

At least the monster was listening though! Now that thing understood the concept of taking action and not sitting around to listen to people talk!

I can't say that I've got no idea how Bell can survive this. Suddenly him having a friendly mermaid seems really intriguing. Now I'm more curious if that girl will sacrifice her life to revive Bell or just help him without the price being that high. I guess things could get messier if she has to go so far to save Bell that he leaves the concept of being purely human behind as a result.
Old 2022-09-22, 17:52   Link #190
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yeah, it was incredibly stupid to let him keep ranting after he revealed his plan to tame the monster, and the fact that took up most of the episode made it all the more annoying.

The monster was everything it was hyped up to be though. What a bloodbath! I actually have no idea how they're going to get out of this. It's too strong to fight, and it's too fast to run away from.
Old 2022-09-22, 21:19   Link #191
Estzero1

I understand why people complain about them letting Jura stand there and talk, while doing nothing. But I have one question for those individuals: Do they actually expect Jura accomplishing anything?
The episode, while a bit slowpaced was great and exactly what it needed to be. Omori (or Yasuda) seems to be a fan of the red-eyes archtype.

PS: Wonder how many people noticed a little, but fine detail.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 21:48   Link #192
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I understand why people complain about them letting Jura stand there and talk, while doing nothing. But I have one question for those individuals: Do they actually expect Jura accomplishing anything?
The episode, while a bit slowpaced was great and exactly what it needed to be. Omori (or Yasuda) seems to be a fan of the red-eyes archtype.

Sure we all know they Bell and the others will overcome this in the end, but the problem is that it's still annoying to have your characters just stand there while the villain gives a long monologue about his plan and no one moves to subdue him. It's especially annoying when said monologue takes up most of the episode and one of the heroes is portrayed as so full of hate towards the guy she should be attacking him the second he mentioned the monster.
Old 2022-09-22, 22:06   Link #193
Frontier

It didn't really bother me much because A. the number of times anime characters interrupt a character monologuing to try to take them out can probably be counted on one hand and B. he's inevitably going to get killed by the monster he summoned to begin with because there's no way he can control the Juggernaut.

It's not like killing him will ultimately change anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Sure we all know they Bell and the others will overcome this in the end, but the problem is that it's still annoying to have your characters just stand there while the villain gives a long monologue about his plan and no one moves to subdue him. It's especially annoying when said monologue takes up most of the episode and one of the heroes is portrayed as so full of hate towards the guy she should be attacking him the second he mentioned the monster.
Yeah, but she's also going through severe PTSD trauma.
Old 2022-09-22, 23:41   Link #194
velvet nightmare

that was an oddly satisfying episode, I was cheering for juggernaut.

the utter repudiation of the 'yell really loudly and run straight in and you'll win' strategy of Bell was the highlight for me.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 08:27   Link #195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Of course not, but it would have saved us time and been completely in character for Ryu. Bell is obviously too much of a goody two shoe to actually kill a human being no matter how rotten they are, but he could have knocked him out or destroyed his magic item just in case.
Old 2022-09-23, 09:14   Link #196
Alchemist007
*Author

The ED finally makes sense, it's Bell's hallucination as he's dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
that was an oddly satisfying episode, I was cheering for juggernaut.

the utter repudiation of the 'yell really loudly and run straight in and you'll win' strategy of Bell was the highlight for me.
If I could only remember the names (if they were even mentioned) of the people it killed.
Old 2022-09-23, 09:19   Link #197
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Of course not, but it would have saved us time and been completely in character for Ryu. Bell is obviously too much of a goody two shoe to actually kill a human being no matter how rotten they are, but he could have knocked him out or destroyed his magic item just in case.
I think we're supposed to assume Ry is off her game because of the emotional trauma she's dealing with from the Juggernaut and Bell's mind was preoccupied with other things.
Old 2022-09-23, 20:46   Link #198
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Bell just jumps into the action with out a second thought but nothing really one can do since that monster ripping threw everyone like sheets of paper
Old 2022-09-23, 22:52   Link #199
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

He accomplished being really annoying. Is that good enough? Also he accomplished in getting a lot of people killed. There's no good reason to let a guy openly talking about trying to control an insanely dangerous creature continue to monologue about it. He's got one arm and a whip...overpower the guy already! Just because it's not going to work doesn't mean the characters know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's not like killing him will ultimately change anything.
Now that's just untrue. Killing him would have made him way less annoying and improved the episode by leaps and bounds.
Old 2022-09-23, 23:04   Link #200
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
He accomplished being really annoying. Is that good enough? Also he accomplished in getting a lot of people killed. There's no good reason to let a guy openly talking about trying to control an insanely dangerous creature continue to monologue about it. He's got one arm and a whip...overpower the guy already! Just because it's not going to work doesn't mean the characters know that.

Now that's just untrue. Killing him would have made him way less annoying and improved the episode by leaps and bounds.
It wouldn't resolve anything from a plot standpoint. Personal preference and catharsis is another thing entirely, but I think that's already coming in the form of a Juggernaut .