AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 04:26   Link #1221
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
By the way, anybody else out there who liked the reappearance of Tohka's low-pitched voice?
Serious Tohka is way too badass and awesome to ignore.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 04:30   Link #1222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All that hype around Dark Tohka for... this? The final episode was a complete disappointment. Everything was resolved too quickly and too easily. What was even the point of the Dark Tohka plot? The inversion thing is most likely going to become important in the future, but aside from that, it was a pretty pointless twist.
Old 2014-06-14, 04:31   Link #1223
Alucard24

I'd be curious to know if dark Tohka was that rushed in the LN ....
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 04:34   Link #1224
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
I'd be curious to know if dark Tohka was that rushed in the LN ....
It was pretty much the same in the novel. Except the fight was actually longer and more Shidou suffered under her hand.
Old 2014-06-14, 09:42   Link #1225
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

If you don't like ep 10 just because they rushed pls consider this :

+Of course everyone want the anime to stay true to the novel and everything must be like the novel , but the novel cover a lot , and that mean the animators have to draw a lot....lot of frame , which is very time consuming , even for a normal movement , and time is not a luxury thing for a studio that have to handle many projects .

+ Be happy that they didn't stray too far from the novel , there are animes , that rushed way too fast and to save time , the studio didn't animate the event in Novel , for example , Zero no tsukaima , there is a chapter in which the main char drive the Tiger tank and kick asses , in the anime ,instead , they drew a......Flak gun......
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 10:24   Link #1226
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
All that hype around Dark Tohka for... this? The final episode was a complete disappointment. Everything was resolved too quickly and too easily. What was even the point of the Dark Tohka plot? The inversion thing is most likely going to become important in the future, but aside from that, it was a pretty pointless twist.
One cour syndrome, more or less episode count makes Dark Tohka the nature ending point of Season 2 - they can't go any further. Yes, the anime stopped at the end of the Miku arc, but the Dark/Inverse Tohka twist, is as you said, obviously is intended for future arcs. The entire point of Dark Tohka was to hint that there was far more to DaL(Westcott's and Kurumi's agenda, etc), then simply a TGWOK ripoff.

In other words, it's sequel bait in the LNs (which is more easily acceptable, since readers know there are further volumes down the line, and Dark Tohka is merely a twist in the middle of a much longer story, that's likely meant to take DaL in a different direction in subsequent arcs). Like wise, it's a sequel bait in the anime, but because it happens at the end of a season, and a third season is not a guarantee, I think I can see why you think Dark Tohka is a pointless twist.

I partly blame the horrible mishandling of Westcott's introduction in Episode 1 - as a result, it makes viewers rather apathetic to Westcott is an antagonist, and uninterested in his schemes and motives. And because the entire Dark Tohka situation is a product of Westcott's actions, I guess that apathy leads the entire Dark Tohka situation to be treated as a stand alone twist, rather than an extension of Westcott's actions and motives as an antagonist. What makes Dark Tohka much easier to swallow is the fact that it was a situation engineered by Wescott and hence a development on the part of the Antaognists - but because of the anime's failure to create viewer investment in Wescott as a credible antaognist , hence the reception to Dark Tohka.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 11:59   Link #1227
EroKing

Old 2014-06-14, 12:15   Link #1228
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i shido trying to prevent himself from getting a boner?
Old 2014-06-14, 12:19   Link #1229
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
i shido trying to prevent himself from getting a boner?
Spoiler for nsfw:

Just look at his serious face.
Old 2014-06-14, 12:24   Link #1230
EroKing

Only seen in anime Most guys in real life would've jumped on her then and there
Old 2014-06-14, 13:03   Link #1231
Miraluka
Banned

He is genre sawwy just at the same time Tohka appeared, you need to be cautious with your on harem, even more when they're over powered like Shidous.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 14:58   Link #1232
Preciize
Them Feels~

Lol, and I was wondering why Shido had such a serious face in a happy moment. I could come to like Miku if she acts like this from now on.

Time to finally pick up the LN that I've been holding off on since the first season
Old 2014-06-14, 15:00   Link #1233
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Lol, and I was wondering why Shido had such a serious face in a happy moment. I could come to like Miku if she acts like this from now on.

Time to finally pick up the LN that I've been holding off on since the first season
Then I recommend the game too if you can afford it and read Japanese, because she's very much this way from now on.
Old 2014-06-14, 15:04   Link #1234
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Spoiler for nsfw:

Being an alpha male is a serious business
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 15:09   Link #1235
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Being an alpha male is a serious business
shidou isn't an alpha male by any stretch of the imagination his confusion is probably the same as most of ours. lets be honest it annoyed me how she goes from hating the ground he stands on and cursing men period to calling him darling i'd be a little annoyed too despite the fact.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 15:24   Link #1236
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Spoiler for nsfw:

Shidou has learned from the past experiences of previous harem protagonist. He now knows how to conduct himself in those types of situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize
I have been holding off on the LN since the first season too
Old 2014-06-14, 15:29   Link #1237
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
shidou isn't an alpha male by any stretch of the imagination his confusion is probably the same as most of ours. lets be honest it annoyed me how she goes from hating the ground he stands on and cursing men period to calling him darling i'd be a little annoyed too despite the fact.
We go back to the point of that she had reason for her hatred and distrust for men due to being betrayed by the people she once thought she could trust and it's not like her attitude changed from one second to another but she slowly warmed up to Shidou over the course of 6 episodes/2 novels once she actually new the type of person he was and that she can feel assured in trusting him after seeing that he doesn't go back on his words.

Also let's not forget that the whole point of Date a Live is to make spirits fall in love and they can't be sealed unless they are in love with Shidou.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 17:50   Link #1238
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I take it few people looked at the Strike the Blood TV -> BD comparison I quoted:Yukina looks just as hideous as Miku's bad animation shots in one of those pics (fifth one down on the left), and the other pics can't get much better praise. (the seventh one down is just as bad as the fifth)
Comparing another series shortcoming with DAL doesn't have much relevancy, especially that even on the picture you are mentioning, it is still moderately ok (and from a 2 cour series to boot), whereas we had derpy Miku before, who had her eyes shrunk ONSCREEN and arguably not looking like the original design. Miku's off model isn't the only design issue at all, and these pile up quite quickly.
The fact there are inconsistent sequences is natural for a TV series, but to that extent and in such number? Not exactly.

Even if we consider off model designs, the other problem is the choppy animation left and right, especially Maya VS Jessica (skipped frames, recycled sequence, mouths no moving etc). Even a casual scene was screwed up: for some reason when Miku explains she talked with Yoshino about Shidou, we had a glimpse of Shidou not moving at all for no reason between 2 lines for Miku. Likewise, Shidou's arm holding the letter "instantly" lowered, and the letter "mysteriously" disappeared.

The more pertinent thing to do is to compare DAL2 with DAL1, and really, there is no contest about the issues with DAL2.
Old 2014-06-14, 17:51   Link #1239
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Spoiler for nsfw:

"No... Not yet. Must... resist... my boner. Be strong and manly... for my dear honey..."
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 18:05   Link #1240
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Comparing another series shortcoming with DAL doesn't have much relevancy, especially that even on the picture you are mentioning, it is still moderately ok (and from a 2 cour series to boot), whereas we had derpy Miku before, who had her eyes shrunk ONSCREEN and arguably not looking like the original design. Miku's off model isn't the only design issue at all, and these pile up quite quickly.
The fact there are inconsistent sequences is natural for a TV series, but to that extent and in such number? Not exactly.
"Moderately ok?" Were we looking at the same pics there? Several of those pics were just as hideous as the bad Miku shots. (and in ways even moreso)
Not to mention StB uses more "plain" facial expressions and movements (while DAL 2 goes for the more "dramatic," wide-eyed facial expressions) in order to help save time and budget and stay consistent on the art, yet they still came off with those hideous face arts.

Quote:
The more pertinent thing to do is to compare DAL2 with DAL1, and really, there is no contest about the issues with DAL2.
Of course, but the rub is that people here seem to be coming down harder on DAL 2's animation than on other series with just as bad or worse animation. (and yes, there's much worse, and not just the infamous cabbage)

Tags
comedy, harem