AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-10-11, 16:37   Link #121
Cal-Reflector

What do you guys think is the caliber of the Sutherland's standard machine-pistol?

Judging by the relative small size of the KMF, their seeming ability to resist most weapons mounted on light armored vehicles, and the machine-pistol's ability to tear up another Sutherland, I'd say it was 25, maybe 30mm.

The closest real world equivalent may be the compact 30 x 113mm round used on Apaches, to save weight and size and all that.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/m230.htm
Old 2008-02-04, 13:37   Link #122
Isegrim

Is there any further information about sakuradite?
It seems to be a very interesting sort of matter, maybe in a chemical bond like mercury in cinnabar, so they need to extract it (like mentioned in S1). Being so explosive could be if Sakuradite isn't stable at normal atmospheric conditions, so it has to be preserved under pressure.

I hope they won't treat it as some alchemy-thing... just using something with mystic power, without understanding.
Old 2008-02-04, 13:44   Link #123
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Nothing much on it really other than that it produces a high amount of energy. Its liquid form appears to be highly dangerous, hence Lelouch threatening with a bomb at the end of season 1.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 05:26   Link #124
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Is there any further information about sakuradite?
It seems to be a very interesting sort of matter, maybe in a chemical bond like mercury in cinnabar, so they need to extract it (like mentioned in S1). Being so explosive could be if Sakuradite isn't stable at normal atmospheric conditions, so it has to be preserved under pressure.

I hope they won't treat it as some alchemy-thing... just using something with mystic power, without understanding.
One major property of Sakuradite was its use as a material for making room-temperature superconductors. This is actually the major industrial use of the material, and why it is so highly prized. Every other use for Sakuradite are recent discoveries timeline-wise.

Part of the effect of Sakuradite was the phasing out of tradition firearms for electromagnetic weapons, either of the Gauss Rifle or Railgun variety. Sakuradite made it possible to miniaturize these weapons down to pistol-size, a marvel in itself.

See this link supplied by Renegade334 in the world-history thread:

As you can see, the discovery of Sakuradite revolutionized engineering. It would not be surprising if Sakuradite wiring is used in all the Knightmares, and that the electric-motors that power them used Sakuradite superconductor magnets.

Above all else, the reason Area 11 is financially self-sufficient and indeed earning immense profit for the Empire, was because of the Sakuradite mountain that was Mt Fuji.
(The real reason for invasion was for the Geass ruins, but a country that couldn't feed itself is not a country you want to invade and keep.)
Old 2008-02-05, 20:23   Link #125
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Were there ever full specs on the Gawain and Avalon?
Old 2008-02-05, 20:39   Link #126
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
One major property of Sakuradite was its use as a material for making room-temperature superconductors. This is actually the major industrial use of the material, and why it is so highly prized. Every other use for Sakuradite are recent discoveries timeline-wise.

Part of the effect of Sakuradite was the phasing out of tradition firearms for electromagnetic weapons, either of the Gauss Rifle or Railgun variety. Sakuradite made it possible to miniaturize these weapons down to pistol-size, a marvel in itself.
Huh, didn't know that. So it's obvious, how Rakshatas "Gefion disturber" works - by inducing a strong magnetic field, the cooper-pairs carrying the electric charge break apart. However, the Guren's radiation wave could have the same effect... I'd like to get my hands on this Sakuradite for a PhD thesis .
Old 2008-02-05, 21:21   Link #127
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Were there ever full specs on the Gawain and Avalon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHQ
Gawain
Model number: IFX-V301
Code name: Gawain
Unit type: prototype seventh generation command knightmare frame
Manufacturer: Holy Britannia Empire
Operator(s): Holy Britannia Empire; Order of the Black Knights
First deployment: a.t.b. 2017
Accommodation: pilot and co-pilot, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: overall height 6.57 meters
Weight: combat weight 14570 kilograms
Armor materials: unknown
Powerplant: energy filler, replaceable electrical cartridge, uses Yggdrasil drive superconductor transfer system, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: landspinner high-mobility propulsion system, mounted in legs; Float system backpack, allows atmospheric flight; Gefjun Disturber, provides electronic stealth and regulates hadron cannons (later modification); Druid system analysis complex
Fixed armaments: 2 x hadron cannon, mounted on shoulders; 10 x slash harken, mounted on fingertips
Optional hand armaments: none

Avalon
Unit type: aerial battleship
Overall length: 200 meters (approximate)
Equipment: energy shield, Float System, linear catapult
Armament: 76mm cannon x 1, CIWS x many, missile launcher x many
or something like that. IIRC, info was originally hammered out by AmuroNT1 and Renegade334 if you want to bother them about sources and whatnot.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 21:32   Link #128
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Thanks for that. I'm rather curious as to what sort of prototype models we'll see in season 2. Given that most of the technology here is at least somewhat realistic for anime, I don't expect to see anything like beam weapons or other things of the sort.
Old 2008-02-05, 21:44   Link #129
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Thanks for that. I'm rather curious as to what sort of prototype models we'll see in season 2. Given that most of the technology here is at least somewhat realistic for anime, I don't expect to see anything like beam weapons or other things of the sort.
Gawain was already using what amounts to positron/high powered beam cannons. >_>

but yeah, don't expect any kind of MP energy equipment to show up, seeing as how Vincent seems to have dropped Lancelot's magnetic shield thingies. (though then again Guren mk1s might see mass production before all is said and done)
Old 2008-02-05, 22:30   Link #130
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm rather curious as to how the Vincents will actually compare to the Lancelot. I know they won't be on the same level for various reasons, such as the fact that they need people not like Suzaku to pilot them and the dropping of certain equipment as you mentioned before. I don't expect these to become the new main unit of the Britannian army, but I could see them forming some sort of squad that could be led by Suzaku given his new status.

I'd expect more experimental weapons to be shown in season 2, but we have already tackled all the conventional weapons so I'm not sure what kinds of new things will be shown though I expect something.
Old 2008-02-05, 23:03   Link #131
ashlay
the red string of fate

meh, hack and slash is always more fun than beam-spamming anyway.

anywho, made a slightly cleaned up version of the Gekka test type from Lost Colors.

I wonder if we're ever going to see one of these in the show. you know, kinda like the lancelotman cameo.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-02-06 at 19:06.
Old 2008-02-05, 23:08   Link #132
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Agreed. Beam spamming can look cool, but in the end everything just seems too simple. Of course, pretty much everything was simple for Suzaku and Lancelot except for some mild threats in the form of Kallen and that energy field in 24-25.

So that is supposed to be what will probably become a common suit within the OotBK? I hope it has more weapons than just that arm. The Order seemed to lack many long range attacks which I think would be rather effective, with the exception of Suzaku going all berserk in 24-25.
Old 2008-02-06, 01:46   Link #133
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Agreed. Beam spamming can look cool, but in the end everything just seems too simple. Of course, pretty much everything was simple for Suzaku and Lancelot except for some mild threats in the form of Kallen and that energy field in 24-25.

So that is supposed to be what will probably become a common suit within the OotBK? I hope it has more weapons than just that arm. The Order seemed to lack many long range attacks which I think would be rather effective, with the exception of Suzaku going all berserk in 24-25.
actually the second mass production model for the black knights is probably this guy right here:

The Gekka test type is just what you/the main character gets if you join the black knights in the ps2/psp game; basically a poor man's Guren Mk2. But I'd still love to see one of those running around with a sword in one hand while melting something with the other. >_>
Old 2008-02-06, 16:24   Link #134
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The arm for the mass production ones, as well the one the Guren has due to the original being destroyed, is not as powerful as the original, correct? As for sword combat, I would expect that to stay with Toudou and his group with most of the others using the standard equipment as well as the arm.

I suppose that leaves the other three new Knighmares in that R2 pic. Two of them have weird horns and the other sort of looks like it has a hat or something. I'm expecting those suits to mainly be close combat types like most Knightmares, since the only really powerful unit with long range attacks was the Gawain. Of course, I suppose the original could be recovered and a new improved version could be made.

We never did get to see what that Druid system could do, did we?
Old 2008-02-06, 16:53   Link #135
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
actually the second mass production model for the black knights is probably this guy right here:

The Gekka test type is just what you/the main character gets if you join the black knights in the ps2/psp game; basically a poor man's Guren Mk2. But I'd still love to see one of those running around with a sword in one hand while melting something with the other. >_>
Can you please post the original version of that picture.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 17:00   Link #136
ashlay
the red string of fate

Old 2008-02-06, 17:08   Link #137
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
The arm for the mass production ones, as well the one the Guren has due to the original being destroyed, is not as powerful as the original, correct? As for sword combat, I would expect that to stay with Toudou and his group with most of the others using the standard equipment as well as the arm.

I suppose that leaves the other three new Knighmares in that R2 pic. Two of them have weird horns and the other sort of looks like it has a hat or something. I'm expecting those suits to mainly be close combat types like most Knightmares, since the only really powerful unit with long range attacks was the Gawain. Of course, I suppose the original could be recovered and a new improved version could be made.

We never did get to see what that Druid system could do, did we?
There's actually four unknown Knightmare Frames left. The one that's between the Vincent, and Guren, the one behind the Guren, The one that's beside the Glasglow, and the one that's beside the green gekka.

If one of those were to be Lelouch's custom unit I would guess it either to be the one that's between the Vincent, and Guren. I think the other two in the back could be two of Knightmare Frames of the Knights of the Round. They just give me a Britannian type of "Vibe," and I don't think that Knightmare Frames that "uniquie" would belong to normal pilots.
Old 2008-02-06, 17:20   Link #138
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
There's actually four unknown Knightmare Frames left. The one that's between the Vincent, and Guren, the one behind the Guren, The one that's beside the Glasglow, and the one that's beside the green gekka.

If one of those were to be Lelouch's custom unit I would guess it either to be the one that's between the Vincent, and Guren. I think the other two in the back could be two of Knightmare Frames of the Knights of the Round. They just give me a Britannian type of "Vibe," and I don't think that Knightmare Frames that "unique" would belong to normal pilots.
I'd bet on that frame being Lelouch's as well, but it seems as if it would be too soon to reveal his new frame. It seems that any of the unique models are usually prototypes that are only given to capable pilots, or stolen in the case of the Gawain. I think it is a fair assumption that at least two, if not possibly the three, of the unique ones are those of the Knights of the Rounds.

Would the OotBK have saved data on both the Hadron cannons as well as the Float system? I'd think they would want to implement at least the Float system to thier uses, though proper funding would be required which I think could be gained from China and Europe if they become allies.

Is there much known on China and Europe's technology?
Old 2008-02-06, 17:25   Link #139
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I'd bet on that frame being Lelouch's as well, but it seems as if it would be too soon to reveal his new frame. It seems that any of the unique models are usually prototypes that are only given to capable pilots, or stolen in the case of the Gawain. I think it is a fair assumption that at least two, if not possibly the three, of the unique ones are those of the Knights of the Rounds.

Would the OotBK have saved data on both the Hadron cannons as well as the Float system? I'd think they would want to implement at least the Float system to thier uses, though proper funding would be required which I think could be gained from China and Europe if they become allies.

Is there much known on China and Europe's technology?
Well apparently the only countries capable of making good Knightmare Frames are Japan, and Brittannia.
Old 2008-02-06, 19:12   Link #140
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Well apparently the only countries capable of making good Knightmare Frames are Japan, and Brittannia.
The Gun-Ru isn't that bad of a knightmare frame. I mean a few dozen of them managed to take down Suzaku. >_>

besides, we haven't even seen the customs/prototypes of China or any of the frames from Europe. no need to jump to conclusions on whose frames are the best.

Tags
mecha