AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-09-08, 15:20   Link #121
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
I really would have liked to contact Viz about their translation (especially make them correct the way Flora talkes, it's so entirely out of character), but they're really ... hard to contact. They don't seem to keep a lively contact with their readers ...
I don't read english edition, but I'm curious, how does Flora talk in that version?
Old 2007-09-08, 21:18   Link #122
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Yes it does.
So that is how the orgnization found out about Galatea's cover up for Jean and Clare. I always wonder how they found out. Anime never explain that.
Old 2007-09-09, 15:03   Link #123
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I don't read english edition, but I'm curious, how does Flora talk in that version?
Imagine Flora talking like Helen or a second Undine ;P
I'll try to quote from memory, something like "shut up you lot. if any of you wants to interfer again I'll be glad to be your opponent". Comparing to the fact that she uses extremely polite Keigo in the original ... "minasan oshizuka ni" = "everyone please be quiet". "shut up you lot" is almost wrong as a translation in such a case >.<
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 12:17   Link #124
Stranjer

Theory on the Origin of Yoma

Anyone want to take guesses on it... even though i havent found any proof anywhere, i cant help but theorize that the organization creates them, then creates claymores out of the stronger ones, in a goal to create the strongest beings that they are able to control. They seem to make a shit-ton of money from this. THeir goal would likely be immortality, world domination, or just simply money.

Whether it is actually the organization or not, i feel like someone(s) are pulling the strings behind the yoma, guiding them, if only slightly, to cause chaos, which lures claymores in, which has to serve some purpose.
Stranjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 15:22   Link #125
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

I've been thinking about that to. Remember in the early parts of the Teresa arc her contacts says "You make it sound like we send the yoma after them." and thus Teresa anwsers "You mean we don't?"

So far for me there hasn't been more proof then that but I've seen more people have theories about it, so until other has been proved I'll be sticking to that. Then comes the question, who are the yomas "made"? I'm guessing I'll get an anwser on that eventually as well, but does anyone here have any theories perhaps?
LesAmiesNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 11:07   Link #126
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Does anyone know why Claymore volume 11 is extended all the way to March 2008? Volume 10 was released this month "November". I researched and it is every 2 months that a new volume will come out. Why is this? Does it have something to do with the monthly Claymore moving to Jump Square from Shonen Jump?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 14:19   Link #127
Arcananine77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
Imagine Flora talking like Helen or a second Undine ;P
I'll try to quote from memory, something like "shut up you lot. if any of you wants to interfer again I'll be glad to be your opponent". Comparing to the fact that she uses extremely polite Keigo in the original ... "minasan oshizuka ni" = "everyone please be quiet". "shut up you lot" is almost wrong as a translation in such a case >.<
The difference from the original aside. I don't find 'shut up you lot' terribly unfitting. Given the situation.

Everyone was bickering while Miria was busy talking. And with a small display of her technique and a little threat (unladylike, but she felt she had no choice) she got everyone's attention back to listening.
Arcananine77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 21:22   Link #128
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Does anyone know why Claymore volume 11 is extended all the way to March 2008? Volume 10 was released this month "November". I researched and it is every 2 months that a new volume will come out. Why is this? Does it have something to do with the monthly Claymore moving to Jump Square from Shonen Jump?
It has nothing to do with the change of Japanese publication. I'd be speculating about their reason, but I suspect it has to do with the fact that their publication is catching up to the Japanese releases and they want to slow it down so that the time between releases is only 4 months, instead of every 6 months.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 02:19   Link #129
HinaThePrince

That, and the fact that they're spending most of their efforts on translating Naruto, probably.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 19:46   Link #130
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
That, and the fact that they're spending most of their efforts on translating Naruto, probably.

Eeww . . :-/
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 01:56   Link #131
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

aw that means that i have to wait till a little while longer to read pass the Northern Campaign Battle . However, now that i have the manga, i notice ALOT of differences between. Likewise, I wouldn't spoil anything. Any whos curious should buy the manga and support this awesome series.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 07:28   Link #132
Devilz911

I got Vol. 1-10, just 4-5 months for Vol. 11!
Devilz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 02:21   Link #133
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

What the heck? On vol 11, Viz opted for "magnificent" rather than "superb"! What a lame one-liner.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 02:36   Link #134
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

magnificent is not a superb choice.
Old 2008-02-24, 06:48   Link #135
RevanX
魂と共に

見事: (noun, na-adj) splendid, magnificent, beautiful, admirable, feat etc

Not so surprising they chose 'magnificent'. I do kinda prefer 'magnificent' though. Yes I'm being a spoilsport. Yes I'll shut up now.

:P
RevanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 10:14   Link #136
HinaThePrince

Damn You Viz, You Ruined Our Meme
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:48   Link #137
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It still lives on in our hearts, they ruined plenty of lines so far, including Riful's line about Dauf being the only one that could withstand her. :P
Old 2008-02-24, 12:54   Link #138
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
magnificent is not a superb choice.
LOL, no I suppose not. It's a magnificent one.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 11:46   Link #139
Arcananine77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanX View Post
見事: (noun, na-adj) splendid, magnificent, beautiful, admirable, feat etc

Not so surprising they chose 'magnificent'. I do kinda prefer 'magnificent' though. Yes I'm being a spoilsport. Yes I'll shut up now.

:P
Agreed. Boo to memes.
Arcananine77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:26   Link #140
RevanX
魂と共に

I think 'magnificent' is more superb than 'superb'.

</blasphemy>
RevanX is offline   Reply With Quote