Your wife is hot...

The boy is getting away with murder?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 20:26   Link #1642
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, ep18 may be the best so far. A bit forced and clunky in some ways, but both exciting and moving. Yuuki Aoi was wonderful. And so was Nazuka Kaori as the "orphan."
Spoiler for ep18:
The voice acting has been really great in this series. Yuuki Aoi showed so many levels this ep too, she is quite talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The shooting the detonators scene reminded me of MGS. It's unbelievable they managed to hit such a tiny target from this distance with that kind of gun... Quick, I must activate my suspension of disbelief...! Well, that was a pretty cool scene.
She was able to shoot it because she is a Gray Wolf. My problem lies with the distance with a gun like that and that shooting the detonator like that would still cause it to explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Holy crap. That train wasn't running on coal, it was running on pure awesome. What a great episode. The shooting scene was pushing it but I'd say it's just about cool enough to pass.
Running on pure awesome? Couldn't wait to use that line, huh? Haha. The animation when they were in front of the train was awesome so that adds to the cool factor to make it pass.

Quote:
I think the luck lay in the fact that this is anime, and anything goes, lol. Loved the episode, and quickly got over my total disbelief because the scene and situation were so awesome.

Pellissier is right that they packed an excessive amount into this episode. But I quickly got over that, too. Pretty nice to have a whole situation arise and be resolved within one episode. I hope what's happening is that they have decided to squeeze a bit here so as to have a comfortable number of episodes for the concluding arc.

Is it true that we have come 18 episodes in this show without having a single "filler" episode? Close, anyway.
Really need the rest of the novels to be TLed. I think they are covering their bases pretty well but you can tell where some stuff was cut out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
And here in the U.S. we complain if we have to pay $60.00 without discounts for a 13-episode set. Which makes me think that something is very, very broken somewhere in the business model for anime in Japan.
Yeah.. that's a lot of money to spend on BDs. But keep in mind many Japanese releases come with bonus items and other stuff. Luckily the bonus items are being included now but then the problem is what the item is. My Requiem for the Phantom came with a useless bullet necklace. Not only is it heavy and unfashionable, but if I were in HS and were to wear it, I'd get in trouble, lol. NIS is doing things right though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Hey, you're right. He should have some handcuffs on, haha.
Old 2011-05-22, 20:44   Link #1643
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
....Really need the rest of the novels to be TLed. I think they are covering their bases pretty well but you can tell where some stuff was cut out.....
I utterly agree with you there!
Old 2011-05-23, 01:13   Link #1644
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I was actually a bit surprised about that. But I guess in Victorique's mind the kidnapping was reason enough to let it go. There wasn't a lot of options if he wanted to save his sister from that organization. Though of course that doesn't make it ok.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:25   Link #1645
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I was actually a bit surprised about that. But I guess in Victorique's mind the kidnapping was reason enough to let it go. There wasn't a lot of options if he wanted to save his sister from that organization. Though of course that doesn't make it ok.
I don't think Victorique's in it to right wrongs or uphold the law. Mystery solved, the rest isn't her problem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 10:21   Link #1646
Kyuu
=^^=

Victorique in maid outfit = Delicious non-ecchi fanservice. Mmmmmm
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 11:27   Link #1647
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think Victorique's in it to right wrongs or uphold the law. Mystery solved, the rest isn't her problem.
Agreed. Victorique seems to care little about the people involved in the cases outside of Kujo and her Maman. Which I think makes her character all the more appealing.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 20:18   Link #1648
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

@pellisier: thanks to the pic, but i was trying to specify what time frame is...
but anyway i have other idea to make it a sig (just let me be...), and i'll claim that avatar, again, thanks for the HD pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Victorique in maid outfit = Delicious non-ecchi fanservice. Mmmmmm
Maidorique with a gun, making her a brilliant detective (i hope they'll release a fiure version like that, its look bad-ass)

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 11:02   Link #1649
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 18:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:01   Link #1650
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The next episode will be very unusual.

First off, we will be seeing a novel that has just been released two months ago.
Second, any predictions for the number of episodes have ended with Episode 18.
Third, I'm already seeing Cecile x Grevil vibes with this one:

Spoiler for img:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:40   Link #1651
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Spoiler for img:
Oh, imagine the different ways you can subtitle / caption that. XD
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:46   Link #1652
whiteviolet

I'm not sure what to make of this episode, it was too average and all attempts at creating tension ended in failure (I'll put this down to the fact that it was really rushed).

For me, I think GOSICK has run out of steam compared to the first couple of episodes and it's beginning to remind me of Index where they throw information at you, don't bother explaining it and expect you to get it.

Since there's only 6 episodes left I may as well see how it ends. But I really hope it'll improve because at the moment I just feel obliged to watch it
whiteviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 15:31   Link #1653
taichi-kun

Quote:
haha that's true

Yuuki Aoi earns very little money
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 20:05   Link #1654
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteviolet View Post
I'm not sure what to make of this episode, it was too average and all attempts at creating tension ended in failure (I'll put this down to the fact that it was really rushed).

For me, I think GOSICK has run out of steam compared to the first couple of episodes and it's beginning to remind me of Index where they throw information at you, don't bother explaining it and expect you to get it....
This show has never really been about tension or adventure. I've never had the feeling anything could really go wrong. The foreground is Victorica and her relationship with Kujou. The rest is a marginally interesting nest of mysteries that gradually and easily unravel. Nothing requires much explanation. Personally, I found this episode one of the very best, for its bit of action and mystery, and especially for the flowering of V and K as a team, and V's realization of how much she wanted to remain with him.

Index is a reasonable comparison, although it pains me to say so, since I have so little liking for that show. I enjoy the atmosphere, setting and characters here a lot more. Watching Denpa Onna and then switching to this is a huge come-down in anime quality. But Victorica and Yuuki Aoi make up for everything.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 21:26   Link #1655
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
This show has never really been about tension or adventure. I've never had the feeling anything could really go wrong. The foreground is Victorica and her relationship with Kujou. The rest is a marginally interesting nest of mysteries that gradually and easily unravel. Nothing requires much explanation. Personally, I found this episode one of the very best, for its bit of action and mystery, and especially for the flowering of V and K as a team, and V's realization of how much she wanted to remain with him.

Index is a reasonable comparison, although it pains me to say so, since I have so little liking for that show. I enjoy the atmosphere, setting and characters here a lot more. Watching Denpa Onna and then switching to this is a huge come-down in anime quality. But Victorica and Yuuki Aoi make up for everything.
Yeah, I can't compare Index to this. The reason Index through stuff in is because it really, really does not have enough air time to fit everything in. Gosick is tight but we are lucky that they are doing an excellent job of it.

And Victorica and Yuuki Aoi really do take the cake here. If a company decides to release this in the US, they shouldn't even bother dubbing it because I really really really doubt there is a voice actress who can compare. Yuuki Aoi really has exceptional talent.
Old 2011-05-27, 10:55   Link #1656
Dop
Mmmm....

I was amused by the flaming raisins scene. I've had flaming raisins, they're very nice.

Things (apart from the raisins) are definitely hotting up, and while I wasn't too impressed at the start of this series I'm glad I stuck with it. Looks like next week's episode may be more comedic, (Tarts and macaroons!) but will that be the calm before the storm? I hope so!

Edit: I was deceived by tarts and macaroons! How more wrong could I have been? D'oh!

Last edited by Dop; 2011-06-01 at 07:19. Reason: So very very wrong
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 12:35   Link #1657
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
This show has never really been about tension or adventure. I've never had the feeling anything could really go wrong. The foreground is Victorica and her relationship with Kujou. The rest is a marginally interesting nest of mysteries that gradually and easily unravel. Nothing requires much explanation.... Victorica and Yuuki Aoi make up for everything.
Yep - my thoughts absolutely!

For me it is the growing relationship between the two main characters that makes all the rest worth it (or even at times excusable).
Old 2011-05-27, 12:54   Link #1658
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 19:
Old 2011-05-27, 13:02   Link #1659
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 19:

Curse you Marquis!

Man - I certainly was not expecting THAT.

Not sure how he is portrayed in the novels, but this little bit of info has not helped cultivate a good disposition towards the Marquis at ALL....

Dangit ... now I want to see the ep asap....
Old 2011-05-27, 13:50   Link #1660
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep19 -- absolutely fabulous episode. If the show keeps on like this, it will rise quite a bit higher in my estimation.
Spoiler for ep19:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-05-27 at 14:17.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen