AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 13:15   Link #361
Kimera_Kuroaki

^ I agree on that. I want the BRS game to be more than just another way to earn money -w- And the anime too :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
Actually if anything, they were probably based on Delta from Gears of War. Huke's actually a huge fan of the series. In fact not only is he a fan, but he designed Stella's weapon, the Daiharukon (The one you start with in the tutorial), modeled after the trade mark lancer from Gears of War. He even gave Stella her own personal logo similar to ghe gears logo.

http://huke.blog.shinobi.jp/

HOOOOO~~ Interesting, I knew Huke was a fan of the Gears of War series too, but I didn't knew about the weapon similarities XD
Kimera_Kuroaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 15:37   Link #362
Fluegel

On that wiki thing
Quote:
Charge Shot >> Burst Shot- Fast reload and damage. but cumbersome.
Photon Shower - A powerful beam attack that deals massive damage to all enemies.
Defenser- increase defensive capabilities
Aggressor - attack and defense up. Does not stack over with other debuff.
Vulcannon >> Volcain >> Voltex- best damage in game
G-1 Snipe - stuns single enemy for 4 to 5 seconds.
Tracer Gun >> Chaser Gun
War Hammers >> Zantetsuken Messer
Blade Kill >> War Blade - BRS dives towards an opponent, dealing a slash attack that can debilitate opponents.
Grenade launcher - explodes after 2 or 3 seconds after launch. Great with slow enemies.
BB (Black Blade) Genocide - BRS strikes all enemies using an empowered Black Blade.
Regenerate - Allows BRS to recover hit points over time.
Regenerate+ - Recovers BRS' hit points at a greater rate than Regenerate.
Absolute Zero - BRS is completely protected from the next attack that she receives.
Protection - BRS in an invincible mode for 4 to 5 sec
Exhaltation- BRS Energy consumption is 0 for a certain number of time.
There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to....

A lot of the names aren't even right. And there's skills missing.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 19:18   Link #363
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ That's where you step in, Fluegel. I haven't even bought the game.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 19:55   Link #364
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Were is that page? I can't find it... :\

/stupid.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:07   Link #365
Fluegel

I'll post info on the list later in, right now I have a class to get to.

FUCK. I entirely forgot classes started last week. I missed my morning one.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:11   Link #366
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Were is that page? I can't find it... :\

/stupid.
My bad. It's on here.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-08-30, 22:10   Link #367
Kimera_Kuroaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
My bad. It's on here.
I hope you and Fluegel are able to finish it soon I'm sooooooo going to need that guide if I want to 100% the game once I get it XD

Last edited by Kimera_Kuroaki; 2011-08-30 at 22:22.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:51   Link #368
Fluegel

Back.

The Proper order in which the skills are listed in game.

Battle skills
1:Charge Shot (Cool down time: 20s) -> Burst Shot (Cool down time: 20s)

2: Photon Photon Shower (Note: Photon Shower is the ultimate form of the charged shot series, However it will NOT replace Burst shot as it did Charge Shot) (Cool down time: 180s)

3:Blade Kill (Cool down time: 20s) -> IXA Blade (Cool down time: 20s) (where the hell did war blade come from?)

4:BB Genocide (Cool down time: 180s) (Note: BB Genocide is the ultimate form of the Blade series and is now an EOA, However it will NOT replace IXA Blade.) (Using any blade attack in conjunction with a stunned enemy from the Stun Snipe or G1-Snipe will cause significantly more damage, and and resulting in the most powerful attack in the game)

4:Stun Snipe (Cool down time: 12s)->G1-Snipe (Cool down time: 12s)

5:Volcannon (Cool down time: 40s)->Volcane (Cool down time: 40s)->Vortex (Cool down time: 40s) (Final form will replace previous forms)

6:Tracer Gun (Cool down time: 25s)->Chaser Gun (Cool down time: 25s)

7:Star Commet (Cool down time: 35s) ->Star Comet G (Cool down time: 35s)

8:War Hammer (Cool down time: 30s) -> Iron Zan Messer (Cool down time: 30s)

STATUS ABILITIES

9:Aggressor: Incrase ATK and DEF by 20% (Cool down time: 30s) -> Aggressor+: Increase ATK/DEF by 30% (Cool down time: 30s)

10: Skill Burst: Increase skill ATK power or time duration by 50% or (Cool down time: 25s)->Skill Burst+: Bonus increased to 60%. (Cool down time: 25s)

11: Defenseramage reduced by 30% (Cool down time 30s) ->Defenser+: 40%

12: Absolute 0: All damage nullified for 5s. (Cool down time 60s) -> Absolute ZERO: All damage Nullified for 5s (Cool down time 55s)

13: Regenerate: Recover 4% of Maximum HP at regular intervals (Cool down time 60s -> Regenerate+: Recover 5% of Maximum HP at regular intervals. (Cool down time 55s)

15: Over Limits: Heat cost remains 0 for 10 seconds

16: Ignition: Causes all skill cool down times to instantly reset back to usable mode. Does not apply to itself.

PASSIVE SKILLS

1: Aftercare: 15% chance of recovering 25% of Maximum HP at the end of battle

2: Aftercare+: 30% chance of recovering 25% of Maximum HP at the end of battle

3: Max UP: EXP+100% at 100% HP.

4: Rocket Starter: 25% chance to start battle with ATK increase by 20%.

5: SIX Pocket: Item recovery effects increased by 50%. 30% when used.

6: Attack Free: 10% chance to use 0 heat when attacking

7: Just Guard: 10% HP recovery when guarding at a specific time

8: Sway-Three: 10% chance to use 0 heat when Dashing

9: Treasure Hunt: Increased chance for item drops

10: Stealth: Enemies will not follow you outside of battle.

11-15: ATK Bonus (Attack +8 for each)

16-19: DEF Bonus (Defense +10 for each)

20-25: HP Bonus (HP+70 for each)
Old 2011-08-31, 00:59   Link #369
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

War Blade? イクサブレイド -> いくさぶれいど -> 戦ブレイド -> War Blade.

Old 2011-08-31, 01:06   Link #370
Fluegel

Normally, maybe. However, It's written in Katakana. Where as anything they wanted to right in Hiragana or Kanji they actually wrote in the proper symbols. Such as the hammer upgrade, or Absolute-ZERO with a kanji. And with those 2 they also showed they had no issues mixing up the different characters.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:17   Link #371
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What about the passive skills? Are they numbered according to something?

Old 2011-08-31, 01:22   Link #372
Fluegel

That's how they're all listed from top to bottom of the list in the game, not specifically in the order you get them.

Also with the exception of Stealth, all non parameter based passive skills are gotten form chests. Not records. And unlike the attacks, they won't overwrite each other.

eg, Both After care and After Care+ will appear no the skill list.

Quote:
Rocket Starter - Gives a 25% chance to start a battle with a 25% attack boost.
Stella has a 25% to start battle with a 20% increase, not 25.
Old 2011-08-31, 03:39   Link #373
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Will be waiting for the license game. Seems there is many things to do in BRS the game.
Old 2011-08-31, 03:46   Link #374
Berzerker2k5

I won't be talking about the gameplay, but the story.

I don't really consider the events of the EX missions (like the boss rematches/revenge missions) as canon.

I found the 'Plot-shots' quite funny. At the very start of the game, the PSS' guns were useless against the little eaters and the flying thingies. But then not too long after, Phobos (and a few other guys) were able to kill the big-cannon robot because BRS didn't take action (in the first playthrough). Then Mii not getting hurt by Phobos' shots. So, Mii and the smaller robots are more durable than the big-cannon bot? Oh well, in Mobile Suit Gundam, when Amuro uses Gundam in its first battle, the Zaku II's machine gun was totally useless against Gundam's Lunar Titanium Alloy. But on later episodes, Gundam can already get damaged from the machine guns.

Gray being shot by Lirio, then BRS shot by Gray using Lirio's gun. What came to my mind was the Phasers from Star Trek, it was set to stun.

I don't have much questions to raise nor I have seen any mysteries to ponder about (because there are no hints or clues), but why was BRS referred to as 'White'? (is it because she's the perfect clone?) and what is it that WRS wanted from her? I had a feeling that WRS might have wanted BRS to take her place or something like that, but I might be totally wrong.

A prequel is the most likely thing. After all, it was pretty clear that there is nothing to continue from the story as shown in the ending.

On my opinions;

The yuri vibes are strong here XD.

The game could have been much longer, story-wise. What makes the game last longer are the skill acquisitions/grinding and the unlockables (art, costumes, etc.). Even if the story wasn't anything spectacular, it was well done and it does have its charm. Its a really touching one in the emotional aspect. I found the characters likeable even if they weren't really standouts (personality-wise).

I never saw WRS as an incredible character. She was just like most villains. How the villains dealt with failure was indeed very Darth Vader/Palpatine-ish. Yes, she may have a really impressive character design but the game did not show much about her apart from being the head of the invasion and being the template for the clones.

She didn't strike me as an authoritative figure either. For example, I cannot just consider someone capable of blowing planets up one. Its all in the personality because just like in real-life and in several other fictional works, its a character's personality that draws some people in.

It is a rare instance for me to consider a character that. For example, in the anime Armored Trooper Votoms, one of the villains, Jean Paul Rochina, apart from his personality, he has this VOICE of his that conveys an air of confidence and authority. I am not comparing WRS to him, I am just setting an example.

To me she was a BRS attempting a DM (who had some really sexy vibes despite not wearing sexy clothes) approach, without the chase scene. Even before the BRS OVA was out, there was something I saw in the original Dead Master art. Something I cannot easily express in words, but it was her charm, and that charm had a personality. I am not bashing WRS here, these are just my thoughts.

Azuma and Lirio's designs reminded me of Zell's/Tidus' in some way.

Why were the apostles sitting their butts idly when they could easily crush the PSS or BRS herself together? Instead they die one by one in separate places. Villains, oftentimes don't learn from their mistakes, don't they? It would have made more sense if they were preoccupied with other matters to do, like perhaps participating in a separate battle elsewhere, and yes I'm aware its not possible because there aren't anymore humans left to battle with.
Berzerker2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 07:26   Link #375
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
why was BRS referred to as 'White'?
It's probably because she is the perfect clone. Well, it's obvious; BRS and WRS look like twins, and BRS needs something to awaken that side of her that will remind everyone of WRS. Besides, Stella is, as she said before, WRS.

Quote:
I never saw WRS as an incredible character.
Quote:
Why were the apostles sitting their butts idly when they could easily crush the PSS or BRS herself together?
You have mentioned the answer here:

Quote:
there aren't anymore humans left to battle with.
It turns out that the Aliens are given the human trait very few villains have: the sense of boredom. After 19 years of almost endless combat and eight deaths in the side of the Apostles (not sure about this), they came to a point that Earth is just one big Sims map. They have reached their True End, and without any more enemies to frag, what's left to do?

SZZU's probably randomly whipping CKRY elsewhere, while MEFE is blindfolded by XNFE and directed to whack a pinata (and LLWO is stalking MEFE as always). SAHA is building up his muscles, and MZMA...? I dunno.

As for Nana, clues to her former duties as member of Gibson 7 and the fates of her comrades have caused her to resort to pacifism; she no longer thinks that the world is worth dying for, so she is trying to live for herself.

Old 2011-08-31, 09:34   Link #376
Fluegel

Quote:
Why were the apostles sitting their butts idly when they could easily crush the PSS or BRS herself together? Instead they die one by one in separate places. Villains, oftentimes don't learn from their mistakes, don't they? It would have made more sense if they were preoccupied with other matters to do, like perhaps participating in a separate battle elsewhere, and yes I'm aware its not possible because there aren't anymore humans left to battle with.
1: They're not exactly the super friends, and were all waiting to back stab each other. The Only ones that actually liked each other were Mefe and Llwo, and that's because they were banging each other, Saha and loli bunny because they were a team, and also the S&M twins.

2: Sing Love's orders. She was basically the person behind it all.

As far as the other projects went, There were actually tons and tons of clones, but most of them all died in the wombs. The girls you see with Nana are all basically mass production Gray's. Spartan-III's to use as a reference.

Stella herself on the other hand is a 3 generation clone.

Also the extra missions are considered canon.

Old 2011-08-31, 10:40   Link #377
Berzerker2k5

Quote:
I see. Thanks for correcting me.

I should have specified the boss rematches only. Did they get resurrected somehow?
Old 2011-08-31, 11:37   Link #378
Kimera_Kuroaki

Quote:
War Blade? イクサブレイド -> いくさぶれいど -> 戦ブレイド -> War Blade.
Well, it does says "ikusa bureido", all in katakana, that means it is "ikusa" blade. And ikusa coul be written as IXA or EXA. Google translator translates it as EXA o.o

Quote:
It's probably because she is the perfect clone. Well, it's obvious; BRS and WRS look like twins, and BRS needs something to awaken that side of her that will remind everyone of WRS. Besides, Stella is, as she said before, WRS.
Wait. WHAT?

I think I got lost somewhere...
Old 2011-08-31, 11:45   Link #379
Berzerker2k5

The WRS/Sing-Love matter must have its inspiration from Hatsune Miku. A possible reference to Vocaloid which was a vehicle to BRS' popularity? I know BRS isn't Miku, but back then, some people thought she was just one of Miku's personas.
Old 2011-08-31, 11:59   Link #380
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
1: They're not exactly the super friends, and were all waiting to back stab each other. The Only ones that actually liked each other were Mefe and Llwo, and that's because they were banging each other, Saha and loli bunny because they were a team, and also the S&M twins.

2: Sing Love's orders. She was basically the person behind it all.

As far as the other projects went, There were actually tons and tons of clones, but most of them all died in the wombs. The girls you see with Nana are all basically mass production Gray's. Spartan-III's to use as a reference.

Stella herself on the other hand is a 3 generation clone.

If the extra missions are considered canon, that means none of the Apostles were killed and the only ones who really died were the PSS members.

That calls into question what exactly they did do to each other. Mzma looked like he was eaten by Ckry, Szzu and Ckry were supposedly nuked by Xnfe, and Xnfe looked like she was offed by WRS.

In turn, that calls into question what WRS and the Apostles were planning. Do they really kill anyone, or do they just put them into some interdimensional limbo for losing The Game?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote