AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-04-27, 16:44   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

D.C II ~Da Capo II~

D.C. II ~Da Capo II~
Sequel to D.C. ~Da Capo~ (and its string of companion products/sidestories)
Produced by: Circus
Type: 18+ Visual Novel
Genre: School romantic drama/adventure
Latest Version: v1.01

Story Premise:
Set 53 years after the end of Da Capo (Nemu's story path, essentially as seen in the D.C./D.C.S.S. anime series), we return to Hatsumejima two generations later where the cherry blossoms are, once again, always in bloom. Yoshiyuki Sakurai was taken in by the Asakuras as a child and has many fond memories of his time spent with Junichi's two grandaughters, Otome and Yume. We catch up to him in his third year of Junior High, when he has since moved next door, home of the school principal Sakura Yoshino... Other characters include fellow band members Nanaka Shirakawa, Koko Tsukishima and Wataru Itabashi, fellow classmates Anzu Yukimura, Akane Hanasaki, and Suginami, and Yume's classmate Minatsu Amakase (among others - see the complete character chart here).

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
General Info:
OP: Da Capo II ~あさきゆめみし君と~ sung by yozuca*
ED: Spring Has Come sung by Rino

Manga (Main Story): Serialized in Comptiq beginning with 2006-12 issue.
Manga (~Imaginary Future~): Serialized in Dengeki G's Magazine beginning in the 2007-03 issue (preview chapter in 2007-02 issue).
Light Novels: Being published by Paradigm Novels.
Web-Radio Show: Previously airing on Lantis web radio.
Drama CDs: Otome's Chocolate Box Memories (released 2007-02-10), Otome and Yume's Yukutoshi, Kurutoshi Mattari-hen (released 2008-03-28)

PS2 Adaptation: Da Capo II Plus Situation (released 2008-05-29)
PC Port-Back: Da Capo II Plus Communication (released 2008-12-26)

Anime: 13-episode season began airing in October 2007 (AnimeSuki Thread), 13-episode Second Season began airing in April 2008 (AnimeSuki Thread).

Sequels/Side-stories:
- Extra Otome & Yume Scenarios in C.D. ~Christmas Days~ (Released 2006-12-22/2007-01-01 - HimeyaShop)
- D.C. II Spring Celebration fandisk (Released 2007-04-27 - HimeyaShop: RE)
- Omake scenarios in D.C.P.K. ~Da CaPoker~ (Released 2008-02-29/2008-03-28 - HimeyaShop)
- D.C. II Plus Situation PS2 Consumer Port (Released 2008-05-29 - HimeyaShop: DX Pack and RE)
- Extra Nanaka & Koko Scenarios in C.D.C.D. 2 (Released 2008-07-25)

The spoiler sections below are for organizational purposes only. Any spoilers will be marked seperately.

Spoiler for More D.C. II Game Info, Downloads, etc.:
Spoiler for D.C. II Spring Celebration Game Info, Downloads, etc.:
Spoiler for D.C. II Merchandise Links (CDs, Books, Figures, etc.):

If anyone has any corrections or additions to suggest, let me know.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-27 at 13:53. Reason: Added PC released date, updated manga listings
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 18:17   Link #2
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Mm, so you did create the topic.

Indeed, I like Nemu's grandaughter. ^^ Sounds weird coming from me I gotta admit, but Otome seems to be a really good one.

I still wonder if they're gonna reference Aishia, or show any descendants, or anything like that (in relation to DCSS). Aishia was cool; I'm sure hoping she at least gets a little reference, or a cameo. Or something. But nothing seems to be there now...

Hell...I wonder if this is even a continuation of DCPC or just the original DC actually; no Konomiyas, Tsukishiros, Saitamas there...just a Mizukoshi, an Amakase, two Asakuras and a Shirakawa, and of course Sakura herself, meaning that the only one we don't have there from the original game is a Sagisawa...maybe they're saving the others for DCPCII?

So yeah, I -still- wonder the past events were. For now I'd say DC, Nemu's route. DC first season (the anime) fits that well too, except, well, they didn't show that important event at the end of Nemu's route, since I guess they were keeping it for DCSS.

If you wonder why I am so obsessed in knowing what's part of the timeline and what isn't, I'm just curious as to know what happened with our lovely characters.

Regarding the game's story itself now, it'd be nice to find out why the tree's back and how come Sakura did nothing about it. Maybe she brought it back herself?
Old 2006-04-27, 19:33   Link #3
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
someone needs to explain why Suginami is still there ^_^
i can't figure it out

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 22:10   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
someone needs to explain why Suginami is still there ^_^
i can't figure it out
Haha... well, I think that whole mysterious aspect is exactly what Suginami's all about. One could assume that it's the grandson of the first season's Suginami, but there's no way to know for sure... What's nice is that the Suginami in D.C. II uses the anime/P.S. voice actor, who I think has just a ton more presence than the VA in the original/P.C. game. See the demo for evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
If you wonder why I am so obsessed in knowing what's part of the timeline and what isn't, I'm just curious as to know what happened with our lovely characters.
I've got to admit that I'm a bit curious too, but mostly to see how it connects with the new generation and how it "bridges the gap". Thankfully, it looks like the two timelines will have to be connected, at least to a certain degree - from the character map alone, there are just way too many connections to go unexplained. That being said, I don't really expect that the new game will spend much time dwelling on the older characters, except to show how it impacts the current crew; if they spend too much time talking about the past, they'll undermind the new characters. Well, and besides, I was surprised how quickly I warmed up to the new characters in the demo. So, anyway, I'm just hoping the new game is able to keep the same tone, and flavour as the original, and they seem off to a good start.
Old 2006-04-27, 22:36   Link #5
KBTKaiser

this suginami doesn't seem as well prepared as the old one. >>;

EDIT: relentless, Yoshiyuki was taken into the household, but never adopted, apparently. >>;

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2006-04-27 at 22:57.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 23:43   Link #6
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I've got to admit that I'm a bit curious too, but mostly to see how it connects with the new generation and how it "bridges the gap". Thankfully, it looks like the two timelines will have to be connected, at least to a certain degree - from the character map alone, there are just way too many connections to go unexplained. That being said, I don't really expect that the new game will spend much time dwelling on the older characters, except to show how it impacts the current crew; if they spend too much time talking about the past, they'll undermind the new characters. Well, and besides, I was surprised how quickly I warmed up to the new characters in the demo. So, anyway, I'm just hoping the new game is able to keep the same tone, and flavour as the original, and they seem off to a good start.
I'm pretty sure it'll do that, if not better. Everyone seems interesting and there are far more connections than before. It'd be nice to see more of other characters once you're in someone's route (that will most certainly happen). They don't necessarily have to cream over Yoshiyuki in other paths either when they're being used as supporting characters either (depending on their role, of course, love triangles are interesting but friendship and support are always nice themes too); Alice's route in DCPC comes to my mind as one of the paths that did best in that sense. After all, not everyone is throwing themselves at Jyunichi at the start, but you have to pursue the girls to fall in love with Jyunichi, except for a few who loved him from the very beginning, like the obvious Nemu and Sakura, and probably Mako, Miharu and Tamaki. But yep, I'm expecting more interaction. It's not all that necessary if it doesn't happen though - look just how good DCPC was without having much of that. As long as the stories and the characters have the same feel and flavour they had in DCPC, or even if it's somewhat different but they keep the quality, it's gonna be a great game.

As for the old characters - I think all or at least most of them will be referenced, so we'd probably know what became of them. I also believe they might be used for character and/or plot development in their corresponding descendant's path, either in a passive (this happened in the past or grandma always used to tell/tells me, so I...etc.) or active (cameo, talk to the descendant in question, etc.) way.

But well, who knows. We'd find out with time.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-04-27 at 23:54.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 00:16   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
EDIT: relentless, Yoshiyuki was taken into the household, but never adopted, apparently. >>;
Okay, thanks - updated the summary accordingly. I was thinking of incorporating more of the points you mentioned in your prologue summary, but I still wonder if the mods might move some of those old posts over. Anyway, if you have anything further to add or edit, please let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
I'm pretty sure it'll do that, if not better. Everyone seems interesting and there are far more connections than before. It'd be nice to see more of other characters once you're in someone's route (that will most certainly happen). They don't necessarily have to cream over Yoshiyuki in other paths either when they're being used as supporting characters either (depending on their role, of course, love triangles are interesting but friendship and support are always nice themes too)
Yup, absolutely. As I've said before, I think this is the one thing I liked about the anime and the drama CDs that was a bit lacking from the game (even though each story was still very good and interesting). So, I definitely agree! And, as you said, even if it's "only" as good as the first game, I'll be happy with the sequel.

Edit: LOL... seems Circus didn't like me (and others, I'm sure) external-linking to their images and either blocked this site or image hotlinking in general... Sorry Circus... That was a pretty silly/lazy/bad thing for me to do anyway. I moved them.
Old 2006-04-28, 01:11   Link #8
KBTKaiser

lessee... Class Assignments in the Demo.

Junior High 2nd year:
Class 1: Sakura Yoshiyuki, Suginami, Tsukishima Koko, Sawai Maya
Class 2: Shirakawa Nanaka, Itabashi Wataru
Class 3: Hanasaki Akane, Yukimura Anzu

brief summary:
it's the graduation festival! all three junior high 2nd years are going all out to win first place.

Class 1: Handmade Fried Onigiri(just like at home)
Class 2: Cafe capitalizing on Nanaka's popularity.
Class 3: Cafe with the service people wearing sleepwear

As time winds down, sabotage begins...

If Yoshiyuki sabotages...
Class 2: You kidnap Nanaka in a Bear Costume and call yourself Donatello, basically going on a date with her. However, Class 3 steals your customers.
Class 3: Suginami attempts to unthread Anzu's sweater for an embarassing moment. However, the Band Club helps Class 2 steal customers.
Defend Class 1: Anzu and Co. come to steal, but a bluff from Suginami sends them running. the Band Club arrives, and Yoshiyuki kicks one of their amps around to make them back off.
Old 2006-04-28, 01:16   Link #9
LocrEpinS

So.. the game isn't even out yet huh. 'Guess it'll be a while b4 the anime comes out, btw would anyone happen to know the date of the anime's release or speculate on when it might that might be.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 01:54   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocrEpinS
So.. the game isn't even out yet huh. 'Guess it'll be a while b4 the anime comes out, btw would anyone happen to know the date of the anime's release or speculate on when it might that might be.
I've always advocated the speculation of Summer (July) 2007, for the simple reason that we've had a D.C. anime starting every second summer so far (D.C. = Summer 2003, D.C.S.S. = Summer 2005). Of course, that's also a bit of wishful thinking on my part. If it is next summer, then we probably won't get an announcement 'till much later this year or early next. We'll see though...

Edit: Thanks KBTKaiser for the breakdown! I've added a "Posts with major D.C. II plot revelations/info:" section to the main post. Over the long term, if we keep it up-to-date, maybe that'll help prevent people from asking the same questions over and over.
Old 2006-04-28, 02:14   Link #11
KBTKaiser

that's only the major parts, I left out the prep time, the first half of the festival(Yoshiyuki goes spying/stays and helps), and the end result(Suginami: Bakana!!!!!)
Old 2006-04-28, 02:21   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
that's only the major parts, I left out the prep time, the first half of the festival(Yoshiyuki goes spying/stays and helps), and the end result(Suginami: Bakana!!!!!)
Well, keeping in mind, people can play the demo too to find out for themselves, so no need to give all the secrets away
Old 2006-04-28, 03:22   Link #13
LocrEpinS

Holy.. Well i didn't expect the anime to come out very soon, but > a year, that's a long wait, 'guess i'll have to put a memo somewhere. Well since i'm more of a anime/jpop music fan than anime(don't get me wrong, i love anime. Just, i love their music even more ^^), maybe i'll get the music album of the game when it's released.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 07:00   Link #14
◕‿‿◕

Nanaka character movie added at Circus' DCII site, in the omake section.
Old 2006-04-29, 10:06   Link #15
KBTKaiser

OP and ED singles were also announced.

Anyone read the 4komas? XD
Old 2006-04-29, 13:59   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Updated the main post with the new info - thanks guys! I'm also curious about that Prologue Book.
Old 2006-04-29, 14:06   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This'll probably be a buy for me, mainly just to say i have it.. and well of course to play it. ^^;

I think its pretty sure news that a anime shall be made from this, imo like i've said before its just like what Leaf did with the To Heart series.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-04-29 at 14:21.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 14:15   Link #18
KBTKaiser

That Prologue Book is basically a guide to the Demo Game. >>;

Other stuff featured in it:
Pick a preferred sport for Yoshiyuki.(new feature)
New Sleep/Awakening System(how are they gonna top the first game's 3 time awakening...)
Staff Comments
the Demo Game
6 Character Cards(with codes to the cellphone site)
Old 2006-05-01, 10:50   Link #19
KBTKaiser

site update with Tsukishima Koko movie
Old 2006-05-01, 10:57   Link #20
◕‿‿◕

Ahh, you win. ^^;

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel