AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-10-23, 10:52   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Jessica Jones (Marvel-Netflix series)

Just like Marvel-Netflix's Daredevil, this series will be dark and gritty since it deals with Jessica Jones, a former Superhero turned PI whose has a tormented past due to Kilgrave (played by the magnificent David Tennant) a criminal with mind control powers. The series also features Luke Cage, played by Mike Colter, who some of you may know as Agent Locke from Halo.

The whole series will air on November 20, 2015.
Old 2015-10-24, 12:31   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's an interesting setup.

Honestly hadn't heard much about Jessica Jones before this show was announced, but it's interesting.

Plus....damn that's a rough backstory. Honestly mind control is a pretty scary thing especially when you have a lot of power in the first place. Looking forward to this. Though to be fair the super dark Marvel stuff hasn't been that big for me, there are always exceptions.
Old 2015-10-24, 15:50   Link #3
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Time lords gone bad... Oh right its just David Tennant.
Old 2015-10-24, 16:20   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The series also features Luke Cage, played by Mike Colter, who some of you may know as Agent Locke from Halo.
I know him as Lemond Bishop from The Good Wife .

Extremely excited for this Marvel entry.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 00:22   Link #5
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Thumbs up

Can't wait for it, a good villain can make or break a show, so here's hoping Tennant delivers a truly scary Killgrave.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 09:46   Link #6
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Five more days.
Old 2015-11-18, 17:13   Link #7
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

welp...binging this on Friday before getting my Fallout fix.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 13:18   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i saw the first 7 episodes and Oh Boy was this series dark.
There's sex, brief nudity, alcoholism, drug abuse, PTSD, mind control, rape and paranoia.
Truly darker than Daredevil.
I give my congrats to David Tennant for playing an evil, manipulative, selfish man whose obsessed with getting Jessica back.
I'll watch the rest of the episodes later.
Old 2015-11-22, 00:08   Link #9
monster

Just finished the whole thing. Killgrave has got to be one of (if not) the worst (and thus, best) villains ever. It's been so long since I've seen so much damage done by someone who technically did so little. I kind of wished he'd gone on that boat.

Words can kill indeed.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 17:21   Link #10
sayde

Overall, not bad. I thought it sort of dragged a little bit towards the latter half. There were also a couple of characters in there who frustrated me to no end. And yet, despite that and some other criticisms I have, I thought it was worth the watch.

A couple things I really liked that stood out:
-I gotta give David Tennant a lot of credit for pulling off Killgrave so well.

-I really liked the subplot in episode 4 (At least I think it was episode 4). It basically referenced the climactic battle in the 1st Avengers movie by highlighting the negative impact that event had on some peoples lives. It's something that isn't really stressed over too much within the movie itself. So I thought that was neat.

-The season finale's featured guest appearance of a certain nurse was well done and felt like a nice little reward to those who've been giving Netflix's Marvel series' a chance. Here's to hoping this is just the start of more crossover appearances to come between these two Netflix original franchises. Though I don't think I'll need to do much hoping as I'd imagine this series may have been created with the intent of working off Daredevil and vice-versa with both stories having conveniently take place within the same section of the same city. So will Jessica or Luke be appearing in season 2 of Daredevil? Seems likely IMO.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 12:44   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i finally finished watching the series.

Overall, a dark show with a bittersweet ending. The hero won but people got killed, relationships ruined, minds damaged and things are never the same again.

An outstanding performance by both the main star and villain of the series.

Here's hoping the next Marvel Netflix series like Luke Cage, Iron Fist and finally The Defenders will be great as well.

PS: I wonder if Agents of SHIELD will mention about Jessica and Killgrave?
Old 2015-11-26, 13:26   Link #12
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
PS: I wonder if Agents of SHIELD will mention about Jessica and Killgrave?
I kinda doubt that. So far you can pretty much divide MCU into two parts: "Main part" with movies, Agents and Carter and "Netflix part". Netflix made a few very minor references to the movies, but that's pretty much all connection it have. And as much as I'd like them to be more connected, I doubt it will happen.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 14:04   Link #13
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I kinda doubt that. So far you can pretty much divide MCU into two parts: "Main part" with movies, Agents and Carter and "Netflix part". Netflix made a few very minor references to the movies, but that's pretty much all connection it have. And as much as I'd like them to be more connected, I doubt it will happen.
While I'm inclined to agree (at least for the foreseeable future), I wouldn't put it past the MCU to eventually use the netflix and TV series characters as cameos in movies one day. Or rather, I have more faith in Marvel doing this long before DC ever will. Heck, DC seems hellbent on keeping their cinematic universe completely separate from their TV series.

With that said, I doubt we'd have a remote chance of cameos like this happening until the Infinity Wars--which is unfortunate since I feel like both Daredevil and Jessica would make for some great 2 second cameo's in Civil War given the nature of the plot.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 22:51   Link #14
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well Daredevil did mentioned Murdock's dad fought with Crusher Creel from Agents and won.
Also, the Marvel Netflix characters can appear in the movies due to a contract.
Old 2015-11-27, 10:00   Link #15
AntonKutovoi

I'd say out of all Netflix characters, Nuke has the biggest chance to appear in, say, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But I'm honestly not sure that he should. S.H.I.E.L.D. have bigger and better villians to deal with.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 17:22   Link #16
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Halfway through ep1, and I'm not enamored with it. We're supposed to sympathize with a violent alcoholic who thinks badassness is a good substitute for professionalism?

And I really could have done without that sex scene.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 03:41   Link #17
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
3 episode rule...
Old 2015-12-03, 22:40   Link #18
GDB

Finally finished it up. Really enjoyed it. Started out enjoying it more than Daredevil, but then it felt like a jrpg with all the jutting subplots in the middle before reconverging back to the central point around episode 9 or 10. Overall really enjoyed it, but felt they could've shaved off a few episodes' worth of subplot to get a more finely tuned series.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 23:43   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Jessica Jones Season 2 Begins Filming
Old 2017-12-10, 12:32   Link #20
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Season 2 Teaser.

Tags
netflix