Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-26, 19:42   Link #61
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Well, Mahouka isn't about a protagonist that everyone looks down at... it's about a protagonist that is OP despite everyone looking down on him!
And both take their friends and give them a work out that makes them at least bettr than average compared to their peers...

That, or it's just that every "OP Maincharacter is so OP he is able to make his friends Mini-OP" setting reminds me of Mahouka. And it still reminds me of Mahouka... ^^;

Right now the only reason I would take this one up is because I'm looking for something funny, OP maincharacters do not tend to encounter many enemies that could possible pose a problem to them.
And even if they do, most people are more interested in harems and OP-ness... who cares about an interesting story if there are waifus to fondle and/or oogle...
I think your worries might be unfounded. The story is to the end more focused on the slice-of-life comedy surrounding the main character. Any and all action scenes only exist because the plot requires them. The author even explicitely stated that in his author's note after one of the chapters.
Old 2015-05-26, 20:05   Link #62
Schion93

Quote:
Well, Mahouka isn't about a protagonist that everyone looks down at... it's about a protagonist that is OP despite everyone looking down on him!
And both take their friends and give them a work out that makes them at least bettr than average compared to their peers...

That, or it's just that every "OP Maincharacter is so OP he is able to make his friends Mini-OP" setting reminds me of Mahouka. And it still reminds me of Mahouka... ^^;

Right now the only reason I would take this one up is because I'm looking for something funny, OP maincharacters do not tend to encounter many enemies that could possible pose a problem to them.
And even if they do, most people are more interested in harems and OP-ness... who cares about an interesting story if there are waifus to fondle and/or oogle...
I don't see why you would say Mahouka's Tatsuya has a harem when he isn't even interested in the girls in that way and I like Mahouka cause of the political intrigue and the plot is pretty good, but the way you say its like you think that Mahouka has no story at all

but anyway, if I were to compare, Magi's Grandson is closer to Mushoku Tensei rather than Mahouka

Last edited by Schion93; 2015-05-26 at 20:16.
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 20:56   Link #63
Namorax

I don't think I will be disappointed with the lack of a harem, and I am not exactly sure why anyone would conclude I would miss something like that... I don't think it was worded that ambiguously?

Neither did I want to allude that Mahouka's protagonist had anything like a "harem". If I am honest, it has been quite some time since I last checked the translation but all I remember of the plot can be summarized as "Stuff happened, but then Oni-sama came and saved the day!".
Spoiler for "rant" concerning Mahouka you can skip:

That was a just a grievance I have with published LNs in general. Unless the author caters to (at least) one target audience's fetishes tastes it never reaches the printing machines, or at least it never reaches this corner of the world as an english version...
I read stories for the plot... if I want to read about "teens" fondling each other and/or do a "Yin-Yang-Union" I go and ask Google for Ero-Fanfics.

(Sorry for slightly derailing the thread)
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 02:31   Link #64
Schion93

Quote:
I don't think I will be disappointed with the lack of a harem, and I am not exactly sure why anyone would conclude I would miss something like that... I don't think it was worded that ambiguously?

Neither did I want to allude that Mahouka's protagonist had anything like a "harem". If I am honest, it has been quite some time since I last checked the translation but all I remember of the plot can be summarized as "Stuff happened, but then Oni-sama came and saved the day!".
Spoiler for "rant" concerning Mahouka you can skip:

That was a just a grievance I have with published LNs in general. Unless the author caters to (at least) one target audience's fetishes tastes it never reaches the printing machines, or at least it never reaches this corner of the world as an english version...
I read stories for the plot... if I want to read about "teens" fondling each other and/or do a "Yin-Yang-Union" I go and ask Google for Ero-Fanfics.

(Sorry for slightly derailing the thread)
I see, well back onto your question, I'd say give this one a try as you wouldn't know if you will like or dislike it until you've read it
Old 2015-05-28, 11:50   Link #65
bludvein

Spoiler for New raw:
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 08:40   Link #66
ooPeaToo

Cover volume 1

ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 08:57   Link #67
Breimn

I was expecting him to look younger.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 09:01   Link #68
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
I was expecting him to look younger.
yea and with a softer face XD
Old 2015-07-03, 09:25   Link #69
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Who's that green haired beauty?

the artwork is like Baldr Force/Sky Series of GIGA
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 09:36   Link #70
fallencrow04

Is that Sicily?????
fallencrow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 09:41   Link #71
Mahesvara

They look older than my imagination and Sicily
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 09:46   Link #72
Breimn

Well, there is a chance that in LN they make them all a little older. How old was he when he started school, 12? Kinda forgot.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 09:53   Link #73
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

They're around Highschool age so it fits I guess. Sicily's uniform is cleavage custom I see.

Boo, he looks like someone with proper common sense.
Old 2015-07-03, 13:53   Link #74
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
They're around Highschool age so it fits I guess. Sicily's uniform is cleavage custom I see.

Boo, he looks like someone with proper common sense.
Yes. He really looks nothing like I expected. He looks rather sharp. I guess, I'd say his design looks the similar as what you'd expect from a Stuco president? That's the impression I get.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 14:47   Link #75
Hokoga

^ It's not like he was ever stated to be an idiot, he just lacks the commonsense of that world.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 14:50   Link #76
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
^ It's not like he was ever stated to be an idiot, he just lacks the commonsense of that world.
It's not that. It's more that, his narrative sounds a bit immature and simple to me. He's obviously pretty smart, since he uses science for his magic as well as he does. Still, his image doesn't fit what I pictured.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 15:13   Link #77
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
It's not like he's an idiot, but he is kind of a care-free runaway type. The illustration doesn't really give that impression. It's not bad though.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 20:07   Link #78
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
It's not like he's an idiot, but he is kind of a care-free runaway type. The illustration doesn't really give that impression. It's not bad though.
maybe this is on purpose? to give people and the characters the impression that he is very cool and etc but in reality he knows little common sense XD
Old 2015-07-04, 08:07   Link #79
Haigi

How would someone without proper common sense supposed to look like anyway?
But I agree they look a little bit more older than I imagined.
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 09:21   Link #80
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPeaToo View Post
Cover volume 1

where is super granny?
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cookie cutter mc, mc dick riding, new releases, not-harem, op mc circlejerk, school, shameless ego wank, side couples present, tensei, wish fulfilment