AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-07, 07:11   Link #781
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The only pair that rivals RikuoxTsurara is RikuoxKitsune imo. Sad that the way the things played out it likely won't happen, but possibility is still there.
Eh, the mother that could never be angle was laid so thick it's downright impossible, I'd say.

Even more so considering how Wakana's existence is like almost erased entirely from mention ( one of the few good things the first anime season did was give Wakana presence ).

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-07-07, 08:57   Link #782
Homura7

Spoiler for 161:
Old 2011-07-07, 18:47   Link #783
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Eh, the mother that could never be angle was laid so thick it's downright impossible, I'd say.

Even more so considering how Wakana's existence is like almost erased entirely from mention ( one of the few good things the first anime season did was give Wakana presence ).
Well Kitsune's longing for Rihan and how Rikuo looks a lot like him might just prompt her to jump his bones.

btw was there anything mentioned about the curse? With the real Kitsune sent to hell, did it lift the curse? Or is it eternal?
Old 2011-07-07, 19:06   Link #784
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Well Kitsune's longing for Rihan and how Rikuo looks a lot like him might just prompt her to jump his bones.

btw was there anything mentioned about the curse? With the real Kitsune sent to hell, did it lift the curse? Or is it eternal?
That's something that wont be figured out till rikuo does the deed with a youkai
Old 2011-07-08, 08:54   Link #785
Key Board
Carbon

The Kitsune thing was unnecessarily convoluted, because I think the author wasn't quite sure what he wanted her to be

Oh, they have a connection
OH, SHE'S HIS SISTER
No wait.. she's his father's first wife..
who went estranged and probably died a few hundred years ago
who happens to be a youkai.. who is possessed by another youkai...

wait.. what? how does that even work?

I think what the author tried to do was divorce school girl Kitsune from original Kitsune and try to establish her into a different character

Seriously.. was Yamabuki Otome really necessary?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-07-08, 08:58   Link #786
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Seriously.. was Yamabuki Otome really necessary?
Yep, because it served to explain Rihan's murder and why Kitsune was with child Rikuo at that time. I see nothing wrong with that. Besides, it gave more meaning to the "Nura curse".
Old 2011-07-08, 09:01   Link #787
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Yeah, it does look like he didn't know what to do with the end of Kyoto arc and beginning of HM Saga. A lot of plot-holes appeared, some of them being fixed in Tankobon Volumes (where it was better explained what kind of Youkai Yamabuki was and I think how exactly she became human).

However, there is no doubt that he wanted to give Kitsune's host some personality rather then just kill her.

And yes, Yamabuki Otome was necessary (tough her being the host probably not). It explains stuff like how Rihan got killed and why he needed so long to marry as well as give more meaning to the "Kitsune's Curse".

---

While we are at her, I wonder if the host remains to be a Kitsune tough Kuzunoha is dead. Seeing as Neneikimaru can hurt the human host, it seems to me like Kuzunoha transforms her host into a Kitsune.
I also wonder what kind of character will wake up: Yamabuki or the fake daughter? well, at least the author has enough time to plan her out now.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:22   Link #788
Key Board
Carbon

IIRC the Yamabuki is dead and Kitsune is in hell.. like.. literally..

Skull girl has the dead body at the moment and is preserving it because she thinks it will serve as a vessel to bring back Kitsune..

or something like that..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-07-14, 11:43   Link #789
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nurarihyon 162 :

This plot turn happened... rather anti-climatically, in my opinion. I would go so far to say it feels rather forced.

Not sure if it's for better or worse... but we're sure to see an increase in screen-time now. :|

Spoiler for 162:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-07-14, 11:51   Link #790
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Spoiler for Spoiler 162:

Damn Now I want to read 162
Old 2011-07-14, 18:57   Link #791
Key Board
Carbon

It's more than just that.. the masquerade is now broken

now EVERYONE knows what he is

It's like being outed as a mage/vampire/alien by muggles
Old 2011-07-15, 06:37   Link #792
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for 162:
Old 2011-07-15, 07:34   Link #793
Iggy_Pop

I don't know, to finally break up the masquerade?
Old 2011-07-15, 08:20   Link #794
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-24, 04:10   Link #795
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sometimes i'm surprised at what they can show in JUMP these days, and then chapter 161 happens . That's a whole new meaning to 'off with your head'.
Old 2011-07-24, 17:15   Link #796
Xion Valkyrie

I'm actually surprised at how blatant the killing was. I can't think of another jump title out right now where they actually show such gruesome killings outright.
Old 2011-07-24, 17:19   Link #797
Nayrael
The Faceless One

IMO, Tooryanse arc was even more gruesome: from him squishing female faces to Rikuo graphically splitting him into two parts.
Old 2011-07-25, 11:24   Link #798
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Don't me tell me the author is trying to drag Kana back into the story... orz. I have to confess I was sort of hoping she'd just gradually fall into obscurity until she totally disappeared from the manga, but I suppose that was too much to hope. Futhermore, it would have been cruel to her fans.
Old 2011-07-25, 11:28   Link #799
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Rikuo's Youkai nature is now public and the author probably didn't want her to find it out by Kiyo coming and saying: "Hey Ienaga-san, Rikuo is a Youkai ", he made this happen. Kana may not be someone important anymore, but she is still a character that you would expect to find out about it in more dramatic way.

However, I doubt we will see her that much in future either.
Old 2011-07-25, 12:40   Link #800
Nayrael
The Faceless One

BTW, I don't remember if I posted this before but... here you have links to summaries and illustrations of the NuraMago Light Novels

The 4th LN is supposed to be released on 2nd September and it seems it will have Rihan during WW2.

Tags
fantasy, shounen