AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-05, 23:34   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Romi Paku ( seiyu : Edward Elric)

Paku Romi

Quote:

Quote:
* Born : 1972-01-22

* Blood type : AB

* Hometown : Edogawa Tokyo, Japan

* Hobbies : Piano , Shaolin / Shorinji Kempo , Swimming and Korean

* Staff In : Murder Princess // Theme Song Performance (ED) and The Law of Ueki // Theme Song Performance (ED4)

* Her brother is an NHK Director.

* Romi tends to voice characters who are child prodigies . Ken Ichijouji, Natsume Hyuuga, Edward Elric, Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Kousuke Ueki and Tao Ren .

* She is of Korean descent like Miyavi or in Japanese Lingo Zainichi Korean

* Paku graduated from the Toho Gakuen College of Drama and Music, and studied abroad in South Korea . Attended the same university as seiyū Kentaro Ito (Rockman X) and Tomoko Kawakami (Soifon).

* At the first Seiyū Awards, she won " Best Main Character (female) " for her portrayal of Nana Osaki.

* She has worked at least twice alongside Yuko Sato whereby their characters were enemies.
Quote:
- In FMA , Romi is is the protagonist Edward Elric while Yuu is Lust.

- In Shaman King, Romi is Tao Ren while Yuu is the protagonist Asakura Yoh.

* Two of her roles are characters who used ice powers . Tōshirō Hitsugaya in Bleach and Uesugi Kenshin in Sengoku Basara .

* She has voiced members of the same team alongside Ishida Akira in several anime.

- Gaara /Temari (Naruto)
- Nana Oosaki / Shin (Nana)
- Narumi-sensei / Natsume (Gakuen Alice)
- Inumaru / Ueki. (Law of Ueki)
- Athrun / Nicol. (Gundam Seed SE)

* Voice Roles

Spoiler for Savin Space:

* Dubbing Roles

Spoiler for saving space:

* Drama CD : Blaue Rosen - Misaki Doujima

Old 2009-04-06, 03:00   Link #22
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

While I agree the Dub version of FMA is one of the better series among those which have a dubbed version, but I still personally prefer the original japanese +subs over dubs anytimes.
My reasons are simple: Because english is my second foreign language (and the only completely self-thought language among the four language I speak), I find it a lot easier to enjoy something where I don't have to concentrate on the voices to understand the story (Not to mention sometimes trying to comprehend some voice actor's regional dialects. Ever heard of Scottish accent?).
Usually if there's any available, I even turn on the hearing impaired english subtitles during the english shows, just because it's easier for me to understand that way. The same with anime, whenever there is a longer explanation or when they are trying to describe something throughout more complex series (Ghost in the Shell for example), I have to rewind it sometimes in order to be able to understand it completely. But thankfully that never happens with Subs though.
Speaking of FMA, I just loved Armstrong's voice, and I'm truly happy they managed to keep his voiceactor (if I'm not mistaken they are the same).

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-04-06 at 04:11. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 2009-04-06, 05:48   Link #23
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Yes, Utsumi-san is back as Armstrong, after his spell as Braking Boss in Casshern Sins. After looking at his age, I hope his health holds. He's over 70!
Old 2009-04-06, 20:28   Link #24
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Spoiler for saving space:
I only found out recently that Ed's voice actor was a Korean, it is always nice to Zainichi doing well. And despite her age she is very pretty from the looks of it.

Oh and I find it interesting that so few of the 00's voice actor is in FMA. As far as I know Romi Park, Shinichiro Miki, Rie Kugimiya, and Keiji Fujiwara, are there more?
Old 2009-04-06, 22:14   Link #25
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

You forgot Yoshino Hiroyuki ((H)allejulah/Kimblee)
Old 2009-04-06, 22:28   Link #26
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ryotaro Okiayu (Seiyu : Scar) SEASON 1 ONLY

Ryotaro Okiayu

* Date of Birth : 1969-11-17

* Hometown : Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan

* Blood Type : O

* Favorites : Bright Colors

* Food : Bananas, Curry

* Skills & Abilities : Kansai-ben

* Blog : Okiayu.jp

* Okaiyu is currently affiliated with Aoni Production.

* Once married and had a daughter with voice actress Nao Nagasawa but is now divorced.

* He appeared in 3 animes in a row on the Saturday 6 p.m. timeslot on MBS and TBS, starting from Gundam Seed (GS, FMA, GSD).

* His character in GS (Andrew Waltfeld) was meant to be killed off, but the director kept the character as he's one of the few "cool adults" remaining. Andrew went on to play a significant role in GSD.

* Another coincidence here is that both Scar (FMA) and Andrew (GSD) were well-known for their scars.

* He has worked twice with Kaya Matsutani where both of their characters belonged to the same group, mostly Ryotaro's character possessed the higher position

Quote:
- In Flame of Recca, Ryotaro voiced Kurei, the leader of Uruha, while Kaya voiced Neon, a member of the Uruha Jyushinshuu.

- In Bleach, Ryotaro voiced Byakuya Kuchiki, Captain of 6th Division of Gotei 13, while Kaya voiced Rangiku Matsumoto, vice-captain of 10th Division of Gotei 13.

* He has dubbed for Crossroads (Ben) and Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (Rheneas and Fergus)

* Okaiyu has appeared in Drama Cds Drama CD's of Samurai Deeper Kyo (Yuan) and Rockman Kiki Ippatsu!! (Blues)

* Staff In :

Spoiler for Savin Space:

* Video Games :

Spoiler for Savin Space:

* Notable Anime Roles :

Spoiler for Savin Space:
Old 2009-04-07, 04:07   Link #27
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I only found out recently that Ed's voice actor was a Korean, it is always nice to Zainichi doing well. And despite her age she is very pretty from the looks of it.

Oh and I find it interesting that so few of the 00's voice actor is in FMA. As far as I know Romi Park, Shinichiro Miki, Rie Kugimiya, and Keiji Fujiwara, are there more?
Rie Kugimiya as Alphonse Elric (Nena)
Romi Paku as Edward Elric (Regene)
Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang (Lockon)
Hiroyuki Yoshino as Kimblee (Alleliujah/Halleliujah)
Keiji Fujiwara as Maes Hughes (Ali)
Kenji Hamada as Vato Falman (Patrick)
Minami Takayama as Envy (Kati)
Yuji Ueda as Jean Havoc (Billy)
Biichi SATOU as Heimans Breda (Section Chief Mahal)
Tetsu Shiratori as Gluttony (Andrei)

Last edited by pingva; 2009-04-11 at 11:25.
Old 2009-04-07, 11:10   Link #28
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kuwashima Hoko (Seiyu : Rose Thomas)

Kuwashima Hoko

* Date of birth : 1975-12-12

* Hometown : Iwate, Japan

* Blood type : A

* She is a Seiyū and a Singer

* Her given name, Hōko(法子) is sometimes mistransliterated as Noriko, even in Japan. This may be due to the fact that Noriko is another way of pronouncing 法子.

* Her debut was in Martian Successor Nadesico as Yurika Misumaru

* She has starred in many anime produced by Sunrise .

* In both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, she voiced characters who were the main character's initial love interest . Fllay Allster in Gundam SEED and Stella Loussier in Gundam SEED Destiny.

* She has worked alongside Kotono Mitsuishi whereby they voiced partners who act as foils to each other.

Quote:
- In Gundam Seed, with Kotono as Murrue Ramius and Houko as Natarle Badgiruel

- In Noir, with Houko as Kirika Yuumura and Kotono as Mireille Bouquet
* Became good friends with fellow seiyu Haruna Ikezawa after their collaboration in Gravion .

* Anime Roles

Spoiler for Saving Space:
Old 2009-04-09, 00:05   Link #29
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
For the second series I do hope that Vic Mignogna (sp?) reprises his role as Edward Elric (it just wouldn't feel like Full Metal Alchemist without him imo), and possibly a newer young kid to replace the original VA for Al, since he has probably hit puberty by now and his voice would be deeper. Wendy Powell definitely needs to come back as Envy, she owned the tole
I wouldn't worry about Vic Mignogna, That guy loves being Edward Elric more than we love him being Edward Elric. I've no doubt he'll jump at the chance to reprise his role as the Fullmetal.

And I couldn't be happier with that, his performance was one of the few that I took notice of. Just watching episode one, hearing Ed scream at the sight of his failed transmutation was the best voice acting I'd heard in an anime, (and it still is.)

Last edited by Blank-Mage; 2009-04-09 at 00:08. Reason: Why do two posts when you only need one?
Old 2009-04-10, 18:50   Link #30
butz

SO I just watched FMA brotherhood first ep and it was nice and all but it was sooo weird to see Roy talking like Lockon Stratos >_< it wasn't bad just weird :P anyways I'll get used to it by next episode ... or that's what I think :P
Old 2009-04-10, 22:36   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Biichi SATOU as Heimans Breda(Section Chief Mahal)
You forgot Tetsu Shiratori as Andrei Smirnov. Also the sound and art director are the same as for 00 as well.
Old 2009-04-11, 11:46   Link #32
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You forgot Tetsu Shiratori as Andrei Smirnov. Also the sound and art director are the same as for 00 as well.
I've edited the list.

Art director: Takeshi Satou
Sound director: Masafumi Mima

Voice actors:
Biichi SATOU as Heimans Breda (Section Chief Mahal)
Tetsu Shiratori as Gluttony (Andrei)
Old 2009-04-12, 19:09   Link #33
neogeo1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by butz View Post
SO I just watched FMA brotherhood first ep and it was nice and all but it was sooo weird to see Roy talking like Lockon Stratos >_< it wasn't bad just weird :P anyways I'll get used to it by next episode ... or that's what I think :P
I agree... I could distinctly hear Lockon Stratos talking to Ali Al-Saachez in a peaceful manner XD
Old 2009-04-13, 01:13   Link #34
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I'm still getting used to Lockon and Ali being good friends lol.
Old 2009-04-14, 09:38   Link #35
grss1982

Is that Kikuko Inoue I hear talking to someone in the telephone in Episode 1 of FMA:B?

So she's voicing Lust and Mother of the Alric boys?
Old 2009-04-14, 09:50   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Is that Kikuko Inoue I hear talking to someone in the telephone in Episode 1 of FMA:B?

So she's voicing Lust and Mother of the Alric boys?
Yeah Lust is Kikuko Inoue, she's pretty much using the exact same voice she used for her Macross Frontier character in the last part of that. Seems she has taken a liking to voicing antagonists in the last few years.. what was her first role in such manner... I-No from Guilty Gear X?
Old 2009-04-14, 10:04   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Around that time. She also voiced Alv in Kiddy Grade.

But, her "evil" roles always seemed to come up short in the "powers" department. In KG, Alv was taken down rather spectacularly. I-no has so many different ways of being pwned by players, but my favourite has to be Slayer's. After his match against her, he and "that man" talked as if she was nothing more than an nuisance.
Old 2009-04-14, 14:15   Link #38
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i just realized that Winry's VA is different in brotherhood.. i don't know how i feel about that.. her VA in the original was amazing and fit perfectly..
Old 2009-04-14, 21:57   Link #39
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Toyoguchi Megumi is pretty well-known. I wonder why BONES swapped her out with a relative unknown.
Old 2009-04-15, 02:44   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Maybe the decision wasn't made by Bones? I was talking this over with a few guys from here on IRC sometime lat week and she seems to be doing nothing new this season. Not only didn't she reprise Winry for this season she also didn't reprise Rosie for Valkyria Chronicles.

Last season Megumi voiced Sakurako in Viper's Creed, Shouko from Rideback as well as Airin from Akikan. She's still got Hikari in Pokemon Pearl airing right now but nothing else... wonder what's up with this... she better be back to voice Revy in Black Lagoon season 3...
Closed Thread