AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-08-15, 20:27   Link #181
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
  • Horizon is the final choice among the various candidates that Sunrise's 8th studio wanted to do.
I'm curious/worried about Sunrise's 8th Studio, what are they previous works?
is that their A Team?
Old 2011-08-15, 20:57   Link #182
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
is that their A Team?
If I am not mistaken, Studio Eight is the... Mai-Series Team.

The ones responsible for Mai-Hime/Otome/Xenoglossia/Kakeru Shoujo.

Studio One seems to be the A-Team of Sunrise teams for it seems to be the one in charge of most of the big titles ( Gundams, etc ), but that doesn't necessarily indicate it being definitively the best team because they were also responsible for Tales of the Abyss.

If I'm not mistaken.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 21:54   Link #183
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Studio One seems to be the A-Team of Sunrise teams for it seems to be the one in charge of most of the big titles ( Gundams, etc ), but that doesn't necessarily indicate it being definitively the best team because they were also responsible for Tales of the Abyss.

If I'm not mistaken.
I thought it was that team judging by the number of girls in the cast and it looking like an action/comedy. Their stuff can be pretty fun (and not to mention sexy), but I've never felt they've been blessed with the best of writers.

I think I've literally gone through a phase of doubting the potential quality of their stuff every single time based on first impressions from promo art, but usually they've dealt something fun and well animated at the very least when it comes down to the show actually airing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:09   Link #184
Sourdough

Quote:

If I'm not mistaken.
If I remember correctly, members of Studio 7(Brave series) were put into Studio 8 when 7 disbanded, so they got that going for them.
Sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:30   Link #185
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
is that their A Team?
There is no "A-Team", especially not in the context of individual studios...I want to know where this concept started so I can shoot the person who came up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I thought it was that team judging by the number of girls in the cast and it looking like an action/comedy. Their stuff can be pretty fun (and not to mention sexy), but I've never felt they've been blessed with the best of writers.
Writers aren't tied to studios (for the most part). The reason why Studio 8's stuff is fanservice-y is because that's the direction the producer wanted.

Quote:
The only Gundam series studio one seems to have worked on is the recent Gundam UC. The biggest title it has worked on bedsides that is arguably Inuyasha.
Old 2011-08-16, 01:10   Link #186
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post

Writers aren't tied to studios (for the most part). The reason why Studio 8's stuff is fanservice-y is because that's the direction the producer wanted.
I didn't say they were.
Old 2011-08-16, 06:33   Link #187
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Horizon isn't "that" long . The first volume has 1300 pages, the second one has 2100 pages and the third one has 2400 pages. From the first PV they are going until the second volume. So, just 3400 pages in 50 episodes?

Other difficult thing to animate is the different fighting styles that are present in Horizon. We have people who use magic (not in the convencional way), people who fight writing, people who fight with hammers, swords, spear-like weapons, people who "fight" dancing, ninjas, samurais, etc... And we have battles in the air, inside the water, between ships, mechas, economic and political negotiations too.

And there are a lot of little details just like stuopdiget said. Besides the acelerácion and the Kimi-nee scene, in the second PV there was the "SchieBerei" switching to "Herrlich" in the sign-frame of Marga/Naruze and the SUWA on the sign-frame of Noriki. I don't think that there is another studio (staff) crazy enough to animate all of this while mantaining a nice quality besides Sunrise.
Oh okay, I was mistaken on the volume division. Vol 1(or ep 1 as the novel said) has 2 books and vol 2 also has 2 books(I thought vol 1 only has 1 500 pages book and vol 2 has 3 books which totaled close to 3000 pages ). Still, the 2 volume totaled almost 3400 pages together of original material and the series is pretty niche. There's not much production house who will try to animate 3000 pages of material (around 3-4 cour worth if they decide to adapt this nicely, probably more since Index actually cut too much content adapting 1800 pages of material in 2 cour) for a non-mainstream title like this(as in not adapted from super popular manga like One Piece or Bleach)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 08:01   Link #188
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I didn't say they were.
Obviously, but you implied it by saying they never "had" the best of writers.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:49   Link #189
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Obviously, but you implied it by saying they never "had" the best of writers.
Would it be clearer if I had said they've never "hired" the best of writers? The implication was definitely that of temp work, not a long term staffing.
Old 2011-08-16, 13:50   Link #190
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotarou View Post
Spoiler for Honda Masazumi:Sawashiro Miyuki:
I'm kind of curious is this a trap or a reverse trap? I see they are wearing the same uniform as the guys but it definitely looks like a girl.

Otherwise the series seems like something else for me to pick up in Fall...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:13   Link #191
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm kind of curious is this a trap or a reverse trap? I see they are wearing the same uniform as the guys but it definitely looks like a girl.

Otherwise the series seems like something else for me to pick up in Fall...
She's a reverse trap character.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:33   Link #192
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I suppose "reverse trap" is subject to individuals, because I can tell she's a girl.
Old 2011-08-16, 16:28   Link #193
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I suppose "reverse trap" is subject to individuals, because I can tell she's a girl.
Well I only said reverse trap just because I saw she was the only one wearing the male uniform, all the other girls are wearing a different one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 22:22   Link #194
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Well I only said reverse trap just because I saw she was the only one wearing the male uniform, all the other girls are wearing a different one.
from PV2 0:20-0:24
I think you can conclude that she is a girl who hides her true gender

Quote:
There is no "A-Team", especially not in the context of individual studios...I want to know where this concept started so I can shoot the person who came up with it.
oh LOL, sorry my bad, I didn't know that...
I just remember it was posted in animetake that sunrise's A team worked on S7, and that gave me impression that there is a classification/ranking on their studios

Quote:
Geass R3 ◔ ◡ ◔ …
Sunrise has their A-Team working on this shizzle…
Tiger & Bunny is the better Sunrise show
GO D-TEAM~

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-08-16 at 23:30.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 22:51   Link #195
Asuras
Dictadere~!

They probably think internally that there are "better" teams and all because of humility/pride, but outside, it can appear differently.
Old 2011-08-17, 00:42   Link #196
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Another girl who wears male uniform is Azuma.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 01:04   Link #197
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

The anime I'm looking forward to the most for Fall is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.

That said, can anyone who has read the light novel tell me a bit about Aoi? Including what Allen said on page 5 and from Aoi's demeanor/disposition, I can sort of guess what kind of character he is (mega troll usually, but when serious, show his worth as a king?) . But just what exactly does he do to make him worthy to be king? And about the heroine P-01s... what kind of role does he play in the story?

*edited*
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 19:14   Link #198
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Another girl who wears male uniform is Azuma.
Azuma is a guy. Even if he doesn't look like one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
The anime I'm looking forward to the most for Fall is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.

That said, can anyone who has read the light novel tell me a bit about Aoi? Including what Allen said on page 5 and from Aoi's demeanor/disposition, I can sort of guess what kind of character he is (mega troll usually, but when serious, show his worth as a king?) . But just what exactly does he do to make him worthy to be king? And about the heroine P-01s... what kind of role does he play in the story?

*edited*
To explain the king's thing of Aoi is not so difficult, but is kind of a important spoiler. And about P-01s... Well, I would have to tell the most important plot points of the first volume (at least 13 episodes?). If you still want to know I can answer later, but I can't really say that is a good thing to know about this before the anime.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 21:18   Link #199
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Azuma is a guy. Even if he doesn't look like one

To explain the king's thing of Aoi is not so difficult, but is kind of a important spoiler. And about P-01s... Well, I would have to tell the most important plot points of the first volume (at least 13 episodes?). If you still want to know I can answer later, but I can't really say that is a good thing to know about this before the anime.
You can always whisper it to him .

I also finally found the color version of the group picture I posted earlier if anyone wants it for whatever reason.

Spoiler for size:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 23:08   Link #200
jzmagic
flargansbog

Love the setting for this. Is there any romance between the hero and heroine?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise