AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 10:54   Link #141
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

So Yuji merging with Snake by his own will... Does this makes him... A flame haze??? Because it is basically the whole concept, a human accept a "contract" and merge with a Denizen Lord and become a flame haze.

The only thing that don't fit in is the fact that Yuji is an eternal torch.

Spoiler for Silver:
Old 2008-04-08, 11:37   Link #142
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
So Yuji merging with Snake by his own will... Does this makes him... A flame haze??? Because it is basically the whole concept, a human accept a "contract" and merge with a Denizen Lord and become a flame haze.

The only thing that don't fit in is the fact that Yuji is an eternal torch.

Spoiler for Silver:
You're very close - it makes him a Tomogara/Crimson Denizen.
Old 2008-04-08, 12:31   Link #143
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

I remember some people talking about a Tomogara who designed "City devouring" so he could revive his beloved flame haze or was it so he could make a child from her reminds?

As at this point, the previous alastors flame haze dies and "Shiro" get the mission to find a new suitable vessel for alastor.
So it could be possible that Shana is actually the one who was created by that Tomogara and "Shiro" just found her and brought her to alastor. That self explains why she can fit alastor in her self that well...

Just a speculation.
Old 2008-04-15, 09:26   Link #144
alvinkhorfire

So, guys, what actually happens at the end of Epiosde 24 of season 2? There are two possible interpretations of the ending, which are:

a. Yuji has chosen Shana over Kazumi and the love triangle has ended.

b. Yuji was heading to either Shana or Kazumi (most probably Shana), then he mysteriously disappeared without choosing any one of the girls.

Those who did not read any novel spoiler will mostly choose ending a. But, anyone who has read the novel spoiler will mostly choose ending b. So, I am confused. Which ending is the correct one? I personally think the ending b is the correct one. The disappearance of Yuji should fit just well with the fact that he is going to merge with Snake of the Festival. The post made by piku strengthens my beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
Spoiler for episode 24 and original novel:
Or, the best way is say that we don't know which ending is the correct one and we have to wait until the possible arrival of season 3 to know the answer.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2008-04-15 at 21:19.
Old 2008-04-15, 11:39   Link #145
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
So, guys, what actually happens at the end of Epiosde 24 of season 2? There are two possible interpretations of the ending, which are:

b. Yuji was heading to either Shana or Kazumi (most probably Shana), then he mysteriously disappeared without choosing any one of the girls.

Those who did not read any novel spoiler will mostly choose ending a. But, anyone who has read the novel spoiler will mostly choose ending b. So, I am confused. Which ending is the correct one? I personally think the ending b is the correct one. The dissapperence of Yuji should fit just well with the fact that he is going to merge with Snake of the Festival. The post made by piku strengthens my beliefs.

Or, the best way is say that we don't know which ending is the correct one and we have to wait until the possible arrival of season 3 to know the answer.
We don't know which ending is the correct one, so we have to wait until the possible arrival of season 3 to know the answer. Should Shakugan no Shana follow the same path as pre-2008 Rozen Maiden (I said "pre" for a reason), we can actually interpret it as the love triangle being resolved and the footprints symbolizing that Yuji is ending his indecisiveness (left-foot Shana, right-foot Kazumi, left-foot Shana) and picking, eventually Shana.
Old 2008-04-15, 21:23   Link #146
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-15, 22:28   Link #147
alvinkhorfire

HayashiMugen
Yeap, that is what I mean. Basically, there are two possible interpretations of the ending and I would like to know which is the correct one.
Old 2008-04-16, 05:44   Link #148
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
I have a good feeling its this one.
Old 2008-04-22, 06:50   Link #149
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

However, in the ending of the anime season 2 we can see Shana and dark flames. As well as hands reaching for each other and when they grab a hold, a glass brakes into pieces. The animme have taking some of they're own swings. So that Snh might actually overtake Yujis body true Reigi Maigo and Shana will reach for his conscious to awake him or something like that?
Old 2008-06-26, 00:58   Link #150
madamshana

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

Those who did not read any novel spoiler will mostly choose ending a. But, anyone who has read the novel spoiler will mostly choose ending b. So, I am confused. Which ending is the correct one? I personally think the ending b is the correct one. The disappearance of Yuji should fit just well with the fact that he is going to merge with Snake of the Festival. The post made by piku strengthens my beliefs.

I tend to believe a but we never know.
Old 2008-06-26, 21:13   Link #151
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamshana View Post
I tend to believe a but we never know.
though according to the novel the correct interpretation of the ending is actually b.....
Old 2008-06-28, 22:20   Link #152
madamshana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
though according to the novel the correct interpretation of the ending is actually b.....
I haven't read the novels as they are only available in chinese and japanese I believe.
Old 2009-03-15, 21:01   Link #153
scott pike

About the novels

I haven't read the novels but I really want to no what is going on. I don't even care if I ever read them as long as I know what happened. who is the snake fellow, why did yuji merge, where did he come from, what does he have to do with the bel masgue group? What are all the major story events that happen in the novels and is there anyplace that collects all of these and explains them since it seems I'll be in my forties before the story is translated?
Old 2009-03-17, 01:03   Link #154
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wait is the Novel over?
Old 2009-03-17, 01:07   Link #155
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Wait is the Novel over?
Not yet....
Old 2009-05-10, 03:57   Link #156
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

*Sorry to resurrect a 2-month inactive thread...

I just want to share my forecasts and speculations for Shana III... :P

> Bal Masque's been defeated twice. I think they'll stay as an enemy, but will not be as active as in ~Second~ since the Trinity's not 100%.
> I have a feeling Ogata-chan is the owner of the 'fading footprints', if that scene has no deeper meaning to it.
> I think Kazumi will not use Giralda.

> Will Margery defeat Sydonay in III? And will the secret of the Silver be revealed?
> Will the Keisuke-Margery pair develop?
> Where is Pheles right now?
> What do you think will be Yuji's sister's name? (note that her name will have the kanji for "three" in it.)

R&R please. :P
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-05-10, 22:12   Link #157
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
*Sorry to resurrect a 2-month inactive thread...

I just want to share my forecasts and speculations for Shana III... :P

> Bal Masque's been defeated twice. I think they'll stay as an enemy, but will not be as active as in ~Second~ since the Trinity's not 100%.
> I have a feeling Ogata-chan is the owner of the 'fading footprints', if that scene has no deeper meaning to it.
> I think Kazumi will not use Giralda.

> Will Margery defeat Sydonay in III? And will the secret of the Silver be revealed?
> Will the Keisuke-Margery pair develop?
> Where is Pheles right now?
> What do you think will be Yuji's sister's name? (note that her name will have the kanji for "three" in it.)

R&R please. :P
If they follow the novels, Yes, Bal Masque will be the major antagonists. Likewise, Margery's fate and the nature of Silver will be expanded upon.
Old 2009-05-11, 04:10   Link #158
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The question is, will they count the entirety of the novel and the sidestories (Eternal Song, Book SS and Book 0)? I think it's better to have the "Shakugan no Shana -600 Years" as an additional movie than to be introduced as filler episodes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-07-31, 09:14   Link #159
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Basicaly we have this left to make an entire third season:

-Yuji becoming an evil guy and he abducting Shana.

-Mostly Shana maybe fighting him, either killing him or awakening him and making him comeback to his senses, and for the first time ever, saying "I love" you to him.

-Margery nearly getting killed by Yuji.

So, I smell filler episodes.

However...

Will J.C interpret the ending as most of you speculated. the good way? (Shana is chosen by Yuji and they end up together) Or are we gonna follow the novels?

Knowing J.C staff, I fear that we are gonna get some anime special stories and some deformation of the story.

BTW... I never understood... why did Yuji decide to merge with the snake?
Old 2009-08-01, 00:42   Link #160
digger314

I think the current understanding is that the third season will be mostly in sync with the novel all the way til the end of the novel series, so it should contain stuff from future novels.

as for why did Yuji merged with Snake, I should read that part again, but my impression is that he didn't have much of a choice in it. The revival of Snake has been a centuries-long plan by Bal Masque to bring back their Great Leader (actually their god), and Yuji just happened to be stuck at the center of it. Now the goals of Snake/Yuji kind of align at the moment so maybe that's why Yuji isn't fighting him more - assuming he even can without outside help.
Closed Thread