AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-03-06, 19:40   Link #6821
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Whatever the ending Izuru have for this series, it better be worth for all of this mishaps, hijinxs, troubles, misunderstandings, chaos, pain,and the sufferings that Ichika has been through in this series.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-06, 20:15   Link #6822
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Whatever the ending Izuru have for this series, it better be worth for all of this mishaps, hijinxs, troubles, misunderstandings, chaos, pain,and the sufferings that Ichika has been through in this series.
...Oh, you're joking.
Old 2020-03-06, 20:54   Link #6823
Chaos-Zero

I already knew Chifuyu is the first Brunhilde and all. And she's definitely waifu material. They say that men fears her. And she have a lot of fanbase.

But, can Chifuyu do Home Economics? For example, cooking, cleaning, housekeeping, etc.

I already knew Ichika is good at Home Economics. His house husband skills is one of the reasons why girls falls for him.
Old 2020-03-07, 05:05   Link #6824
Lex79

After the last volume, I'm even more convinced that no girl in the harem outside of Houki has any chance to be the winner. Their only hope is an harem ending, that I don't think it's particularly likely to happen.
The only thing I wonder is if with the reveal of Chifuyu and Ichika being artificial humans, she is fair game now and we might get oneesan ending.
Old 2020-03-07, 08:11   Link #6825
DanielSong39

Since Ichika is artificial I hope he ends up with no girls
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-07, 11:17   Link #6826
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Open ending, I'm expecting. That, or pure Houki.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-07, 22:48   Link #6827
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Since Ichika is artificial I hope he ends up with no girls
Nah, give me the IchikaXMadokaXChifuyu Shimai don sandwich.

@Tempest: still waiting more Orimura's drabbles.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-08, 09:47   Link #6828
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Is Izuru still salty people prefer other girls over Houki?
Old 2020-03-08, 10:33   Link #6829
DanielSong39

I mean, Houki is just not a great character.

Sometimes you have to go with the flow
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-08, 13:30   Link #6830
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Or improve that character you want to win so much.
Old 2020-03-08, 17:53   Link #6831
Silvertail

You know, a lot of people have been complaining about volume 12. But I found it had answered a few question:
First, what the IS cores are made of; a special time stone found under Luxembourg. Likely in exchanged for mining them, Tabane had to build Airis and Djbril's 4th generation ISs.
Second, the Mass Produce Akatsubaki Plan that Hikaruno Kagaribi mentioned; which were stolen by Tabane and used to capture Houki.
Third, the reason why Chifuyu retired and couldn't uses her IS; it's because Houki had challenged Chifuyu after receiving Akatsuki from Tabane. This also explain the incident that Houki remember when she was showering with Tatenashi in volume 7. Actually, the anime kind of spoiled it since it showed Houki using a red IS against a woman in a black IS, which was most likely Chifuyu.
Forth, the girl in the white dress that appeared in Ichika's dream when his IS went into second shift; it seems all ISs are meant to grant their pilot the power to make their wish come true.
Fifth, Chifuyu, Ichika and Madoka's origin, they were experiments of a project that wanted to create the ultimate human. This explains Chifuyu's superhuman abilities, why Madoka looks exactly like Chifuyu and why she wants to kill her siblings. This also kinds of explain why Ichika can pilot the IS.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-08, 19:15   Link #6832
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
You know, a lot of people have been complaining about volume 12. But I found it had answered a few question:
First, what the IS cores are made of; a special time stone found under Luxembourg. Likely in exchanged for mining them, Tabane had to build Airis and Djbril's 4th generation ISs.
Second, the Mass Produce Akatsubaki Plan that Hikaruno Kagaribi mentioned; which were stolen by Tabane and used to capture Houki.
Third, the reason why Chifuyu retired and couldn't uses her IS; it's because Houki had challenged Chifuyu after receiving Akatsuki from Tabane. This also explain the incident that Houki remember when she was showering with Tatenashi in volume 7. Actually, the anime kind of spoiled it since it showed Houki using a red IS against a woman in a black IS, which was most likely Chifuyu.
Forth, the girl in the white dress that appeared in Ichika's dream when his IS went into second shift; it seems all ISs are meant to grant their pilot the power to make their wish come true.
Fifth, Chifuyu, Ichika and Madoka's origin, they were experiments of a project that wanted to create the ultimate human. This explains Chifuyu's superhuman abilities, why Madoka looks exactly like Chifuyu and why she wants to kill her siblings. This also kinds of explain why Ichika can pilot the IS.
My biggest problem is why Houki was able to best Chifuyu. But then again, the Houki bias is too strong.

Old 2020-03-08, 19:44   Link #6833
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
My biggest problem is why Houki was able to best Chifuyu. But then again, the Houki bias is too strong.
While, Akatsuki was called the ruler of ISs and had that Code Red ability that limited the output of IS in it's presence. Furthermore, Tabane made it to be the most overpowering IS of them all.
So rather than calling it Houki bias, it's more closer to Tabane's spoiling her little sister too much for her own good. Even the Akatsubaki One-Off Ability basically gaves Houki almost unlimited energy (so long as she gets the chance to recharge).
Old 2020-03-08, 22:12   Link #6834
blitz1/2

Quote:
While, Akatsuki was called the ruler of ISs and had that Code Red ability that limited the output of IS in it's presence. Furthermore, Tabane made it to be the most overpowering IS of them all.
So rather than calling it Houki bias, it's more closer to Tabane's spoiling her little sister too much for her own good. Even the Akatsubaki One-Off Ability basically gaves Houki almost unlimited energy (so long as she gets the chance to recharge).
Then what's the point of piloting skill if all you need is a good mech?

Old 2020-03-09, 03:00   Link #6835
LastPanzer

Quote:
You know why ppl complained? Izuru tried to cram all those things above into only HALF A BLOODY VOLUME, that’s all.
LastPanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 11:39   Link #6836
Silvertail

There was something I notice when Tabane was explaining to Ichika what he really was. She said that because he was a male, he could drive humanity's transformation faster than it could have proceeded. I wonder if that means that if Ichika were to do it with a woman, will she transform into what he is, becoming better on a biological level? Maybe that's a hint of whats going to happen in the last volume.

Last edited by Silvertail; 2020-03-10 at 21:29.
Old 2020-03-18, 14:15   Link #6837
Gespenst1

Thinking of re-reading the novels. Also, this is where I'll have to explain my time so far as an Infinite Stratos fan.

I got into the franchise I guess due to the premise where a fancy powered armor becomes the new global deterrent yet it can only be piloted by a woman. Because I didn't know about Baka-Tsuki, I had to go through the animated version. Only afterward did I go through the novels and waited for newer ones until the translators gave up after Volume 8 and that J-Novel Club grabbed the license.

So now, I'll have to re-read the novels using their translations but I seem to remember reading that J-Novel Club avoids keeping the Japanese honorifics.

Here's what I remember on honorific usage, which is categorized by character:

Quote:
1. Ichika

a. "Ichika-san" (Cecilia and Ran Gotanda)

b. "Ichika-kun" (Tatenashi)

c. "Orimura-kun" (Yamada and other IS Academy students)

d. "Ikkun" (Tabane)
Quote:
2. Chifuyu

a. "Chifuyu-nee" (Ichika)

b. "Chifuyu-san" (Houki, Rin, and Laura in recent novels from what I've heard)

c. "Orimura-sensei" (at her insistence to her students, Ichika included)

d. "Chi-chan" (Tabane)
Quote:
3. Houki - "Houki-chan" (Tabane and Tatenashi IIRC)
Quote:
4. Cecilia - "Ojou-sama" (Chelsea)
Quote:
5. Yamada - "Yamada-sensei" (those under her class)
Quote:
6. Tabane

a. "Nee-san" (Houki)

b. "Tabane-san" (Ichika)

c. "Tabane-sama" (Chloe)
Quote:
7. M/adoka - "Madochi" (Tabane)
Quote:
8. Chloe - "Ku-chan" (Tabane)
My question is, any others that I missed that J-Novel Club either wrote off from existence or wrote their way around it?
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 14:52   Link #6838
Chaos-Zero

You know, I realize that no one in the IS series have ever mentioned the final exams before summer break from IS Academy. Nor do I see both Ichika and his IS harem taking the final exam in ISA. Could it be that the author saving the final exams for the final volume?

Will Ichika save Houki in the 12th volume?
Old 2020-04-02, 18:16   Link #6839
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
You know, I realize that no one in the IS series have ever mentioned the final exams before summer break from IS Academy. Nor do I see both Ichika and his IS harem taking the final exam in ISA. Could it be that the author saving the final exams for the final volume?

Finals take place at the end of every semester in Japan - we didn't hear about the Winter Finals, either.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 19:20   Link #6840
Silvertail

Quote:

Ichika did save Houki in the 12th volume. After seeing how hurt he got doing so, she finally decided to face her immaturity and weaknesses instead of running away from them like she always did.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen