AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2018-02-22, 10:38   Link #1
Anitah

Help me Buy 700€ Laptop for Photoshop and inDesign

Hi all!

I'm starting a job in the next week in Portugal and my company offered me 700€ to buy the most suitable laptop for te job. I'll have to buy it in Portugal and I don't know many things here. (I just moved in this year)

So far I've found some solutions with this budget but I wanted some opinions from somebody who knows hardware and what manufacturer produces the best machines.
I'll leave the link below, which shows what I've sorted so far and what I think will be suitable for my work.

I don't have to buy from this website in Particular, so if you have any other suggestions feel free to display them here.

I think the YogaBook will do. Please let me know so that I order it ASAP.

Here's what I've searched so far : Below or equal 700€
and with SSD drive
Anitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 09:05   Link #2
SilverGlavenus

With that money, you should expect your machine to have some of their corners cut, be it size, aesthetics, screen ... So it comes down to your specific job, what is it that you require the most out of your machine ?? I suppose for someone who works on Photoshop, you would be looking for a great screen and a respectable CPU. If I remember correctly, Adobe heavily relies on CPU, not GPU, so you should be fine with integrated graphics, unless you want to play some games along the way.

In short:
- Screen: IPS, great color accuracy.
- CPU: 4 cores recommended, i5-i7 (Don't know about AMD though )
- RAM: the higher the better.

If you are not pressed for time, a good place to start is to watch some reviews on Youtube. I'd highly recommend Dave Lee channel (Dave2D), he gives short and to-the-point reviews of many laptops. An alternative way is to search for reviews for the laptops that you're interested in (like the Yoga you mentioned), though beware comments are heavily dependent on individuals.

Buying a laptop is no small task, so I wish you the best of luck.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 09:31   Link #3
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yeah, I would love to know what you're gonna use that laptop for.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, laptop, portugal