Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-14, 14:45   Link #41
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Because of people like you we will never get something different.
Really?

Claymore, Ghost in the Shell, Spirited away, Kill La Kill, Sailor Moon, K-ON, Lucky Star, Nana...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Of course, if you are ONLY reading Riyo's Let's Play FGO, you'd get the impression that Gudako is a joke. IF you actually fucking played the game, you'd know that she's as capable as a MC as Gudao, due to Nasu not discriminating between both PoV and the nature of the game itself (The Master being the player avatar). And stop speaking on behalf of the fanbase.
Of course in the f**king game she is serious when the story does not care what gender you are ( it's a choice after all, like Fate/Extra ) and neither does Nasu. The difference is how fanbase see it, and they see her as a joke. Part because of Rito's comics ( that made me hate her btw ) and largely becasue same f**king fanbase made her like that ( same like they made Alter Jeanne into love-hate Tsundere ).

And I do not need to play a game when I have everything on YouTube to watch + Redit story translations after each chapter is released. So I pretty much know how the story goes an personality of all the characters - just like people who watched entire FSN VN without playing it.

And I do not speak for the fanbase - I speak how the fanbase see things because I interact with them a lot daily. I could see long before anime was announced that Gudao will be chose as MC, call me psychic if you want. I call it TM giving us what community ( fanbase ) wanted. xD

And would you please stop jumping to baseless assumptions made because of some grudge in the past. Thanks.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 14:51   Link #42
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
same like they made Alter Jeanne into love-hate Tsundere
Quote:
And I do not need to play a game when I have everything on YouTube to watch + Redit story translations after each chapter is released.
Just because it's available doesn't mean you've read it properly, or else you'd know that Jeanne Alter IS a tsundere in the game.

Quote:
And I do not speak for the fanbase - I speak how the fanbase see things because I interact with them a lot daily.
You've admitted before that the "fanbase" you interact with is a small handful of people who are not Japanese.

Quote:
I could see long before anime was announced that Gudao will be chose as MC, call me psychic if you want.
Everyone could. Gudao already has a voice actor who happens to kind of be the spokesman/face of the game. And he was in the drama CD.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 15:30   Link #43
Brother Coa
Banned

I know she is Tsundere from the game ( hard to not read it properly when there is translations and explanation in the comment section done for each chapter ) but fanbase turn that to 11 with fan-comics and short fanfics. And TM is following that, otherwise they would not make Alter Jeanne Santa Lily special, which blew up the fanbase.

The game is much more than collecting servants, doing battles and spending crystals as you can see.

And wrong, I never admit that "fanbase" I interact are "handful of non-Japanese" - people I interact with live in Japan, Korea, Malaysia or Philippines. They share artwork with me which I later upload and I have a lot discussion about them regarding Fate crunch. So yeah, I pretty much know fanbase opinions there.

And fact that Gudao got VA and that he was in drama CD proves nothing. Like it was a problem for TM to hire female VA and do all lines for Gudako. All boils down to fanbase, and TM saw that they would prefer Gudao over her simply because his relationship with FGO female servants is with much deeper bond than with Gudako ( I am referring to fanbase view of the characters, since lie kit was said here in game there is no difference between the two ).

And once again, stop with baseless assumption just because you have grudge form the past.
Old 2016-12-14, 15:41   Link #44
Kakurin
大佐

A couple of guys on Facebook does not make "the fanbase". Let's face reality, everything you know is second-hand stuff. Hearsay. Hard to take you seriously when you adopt a know-it-all attitude based off that.
Old 2016-12-14, 15:42   Link #45
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Don't downplay Shimazaki Nobunaga, seriously. Drama CDs are a big deal. It MAKES SENSE for TM or casting agency to choose Nobunaga because 1. it was very convenient and spared money and time since they dont have to run auditions for female or male protag. 2. He showed quite the enthusiasm and love for the franchise, to the point he is the most famous whale in FGO, what more can someone like Nasu ask?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 15:43   Link #46
GDB

Quote:
And wrong, I never admit that "fanbase" I interact are "handful of non-Japanese" - people I interact with live in Japan, Korea, Malaysia or Philippines. They share artwork with me which I later upload and I have a lot discussion about them regarding Fate crunch. So yeah, I pretty much know fanbase opinions there.
Quote:
I am just saying what majority of the people who play the game told me - they play it for servants and grinding, not story. They do not understand the language, but then again you don't have too to fight and grind in mobile game.
You were saying?

Quote:
And fact that Gudao got VA and that he was in drama CD proves nothing.
Yes it does. Drama CDs generally test the water for anime adaptations. It's why they usually retain the same VAs. This is not a Fate or TM exclusive thing either. Notice how both Roman and Lev retained their voice actors as well?

Quote:
And once again, stop with baseless assumption just because you have grudge form the past.
Get over yourself. Nothing I said there was a baseless assumption.
Old 2016-12-14, 15:45   Link #47
Flames

Going with a Male MC is probably easier for type-moon to do instead of a female one for whatever reason. The Fate/Extra anime is most likely going with the Male MC as well. Since he has been used throughout all the media more then the female one despite the female one being more popular. Also, some draft Nasu put up concerning the events that possibly led up to the Fate Extella game if I remember correctly had the Male MC as the main character while Female MC turning being his rival towards to the end.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 15:46   Link #48
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
@Flames A lot of Gudako fans were mentally prepared for Gudao since he is already voiced in the drama CD, while the poor girl is not.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 18:19   Link #49
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You were saying?
I also talk with many fans outside Asia, and back then most people who talk to me about FGO were from US and EU. I don't see a problem at all.

Quote:
Yes it does. Drama CDs generally test the water for anime adaptations. It's why they usually retain the same VAs. This is not a Fate or TM exclusive thing either. Notice how both Roman and Lev retained their voice actors as well?
No it does not. If they were not satisfied with how fanbase accepted VA or Gudao they woudl just go for Gudako and be over with it. It's interest, nothing more.

Quote:
Get over yourself. Nothing I said there was a baseless assumption.
Yes you did, multiple times actually. But in the end I have better things to do then to continue this conversation. Ta-da.
Old 2016-12-14, 23:36   Link #50
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Prototype and Fragments as well.
Those two don't count because they don't fit the narrative they haven't been made into anime reasons.
Old 2016-12-15, 16:48   Link #51
shadow1296

Okay let's be fair Gudako was never going to be the main character for this anime and it was always going the male one for 2 reasons:

1. he's the main character in all the serious adaptations of grand order IE the manga and drama CD

2. As much as i will get flack for saying this, but it kinda needs to be said, Grand Order is technically a harem game, now don't get me wrong it is a Fate game first and formost with all the good story lines that come with it but you can't deny this fact, how many servants in the game openly admit they have fallen for the MC, and I am not just talking about bond lines, but interludes, events, and even in main story, alot of both male and female servants

also while I am at it those hoping for the female MC in Last Encore, stop now because Nero is the servant and according to Nasu Canonically that means the Male MC is her Master, that said she may still show up in it if they incorporate Nasu's changes to the story of extra he made with her being a seperate entity but still Emiya's Master, which can be read here:

Original:
http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/201611.html

Translated Summary:
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...s_but_a_quick/
Old 2016-12-16, 08:16   Link #52
zerozeronine

Quote:
In any case, just like in the game Gudao will had to have a team of servants to go with him. Saber, Jeanne and Archer are the starting one as we can see in the game opening.

But sure, I am all for team swapping all the time. It give opportunity for the rest to shine. If they make anime only about Gudao and Mashu and their adventures it will be become very boring very quickly.
Spoiler for spoiler:

FGO has always been about Gudao/Gudako's and Mashu's adventures with servants they meet per singularity ,if you find them boring better not watch the OVA and possible future OVA's/series as it will always have them as the focus of the stories.

And I got triggered by the statement that most players don't play FGO for the story, those that don't are Fate casuals or anime fans that probably thought that Nursery Rhyme and JTR were FGO original servants.Or Jap mobage vets that are only interested in SSR's and rage if they roll a SR servant

Last edited by zerozeronine; 2016-12-16 at 08:21. Reason: Add stuff
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 14:56   Link #53
Brother Coa
Banned

I am ok for Gudao and Mashu being the focus. I am just against them going and being alone the entire way.

If they are going to animate chapters fatefully they I except them going to every new area with several servants and then interacting with them back in main HQ.

Anime with just Gudao and just Mashu the entire time without Alter Jeanne, Jeanne, Scatch, Vlad, Nero, Arthuria, Santa Alter, Jack and all others as party members and interactions between them is going to be boring as all hell.

Thankfully I know that TM will deliver as they listen to their fanbase.

edit: What I describe there and trying to explain is that, liek in the game, Gudao and Mashu are going to create 'core' team to go with them. Event servants and perhaps few along the way to help them ( corresponding to classes that players use in game ). And giving how FGO started and starting servants I am betting on Emiya, Arthuria ( after this first chapter ) and Jeanne ( after second chapter ).

Last edited by Brother Coa; 2016-12-16 at 15:08.
Old 2016-12-16, 17:48   Link #54
hinode

Every story chapter except for the prologue and Septem has a large cast of allied NPCs with memorable characterization and chemistry among themselves + the player and Mashu. That's what the people who've actually played Grand Order want to see animated, not extraneous addons who would just bloat up a cast that's already bigger than FSN's in the later chapters.

Artoria in particular is someone who is definately not going to be added to the regular cast, she would completely mess up the cast dynamics in London and Camelot.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 20:29   Link #55
zerozeronine

You don't get any version of Arturia as a party member, see my spoiler tag why.Mashu and MC don't create a core team they just meet servants in every singularity.

For Emiya and Arturia read my spoiler for you to better understand why we won't have them as party members. And outside events and interludes we won't have servants cluttering around Chaldea aside from DaVinci and Mashu.
Anyway if you haven't played FGO and listened to friends that play and skip and don't care about the vn part,it's a waste of time arguing with you.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 03:10   Link #56
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Really?

Claymore, Ghost in the Shell, Spirited away, Kill La Kill, Sailor Moon, K-ON, Lucky Star, Nana...

Of course in the f**king game she is serious when the story does not care what gender you are ( it's a choice after all, like Fate/Extra ) and neither does Nasu. The difference is how fanbase see it, and they see her as a joke. Part because of Rito's comics ( that made me hate her btw ) and largely becasue same f**king fanbase made her like that ( same like they made Alter Jeanne into love-hate Tsundere ).

And I do not need to play a game when I have everything on YouTube to watch + Redit story translations after each chapter is released. So I pretty much know how the story goes an personality of all the characters - just like people who watched entire FSN VN without playing it.

And I do not speak for the fanbase - I speak how the fanbase see things because I interact with them a lot daily. I could see long before anime was announced that Gudao will be chose as MC, call me psychic if you want. I call it TM giving us what community ( fanbase ) wanted. xD

And would you please stop jumping to baseless assumptions made because of some grudge in the past. Thanks.

Hmm? Ok then, what were things like at each of the TM fan events recently then?

Quote:
The game is much more than collecting servants, doing battles and spending crystals as you can see.
Ahem...

Quote:

Furthermore they are aware that story is NOT the core element of the game, servants are . So as you said - slice of life anime specials with fighting scenes.
Backtracking now?

Quote:

The same Reddit where bullshit plot "material/spoilers/theories" are thrown out daily? Even more lol

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2016-12-18 at 03:45.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-23, 22:45   Link #57
Tenzen12

Cu will join as core member. Not sure if we even get to France, but I guess Tamamo or Beth might join from there.
Old 2016-12-23, 22:57   Link #58
GDB

Tamamo wasn't even in France.
Old 2016-12-24, 00:08   Link #59
Tenzen12

Wasn't? Who was with Bathory than Kyohime?

Oh right, Tamamo wasn't even in game until much later, my bad.
Old 2016-12-24, 10:04   Link #60
GDB

Yeah, it was Kiyohime. Tamamo wasn't until London, not counting the Halloween event.