Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-08-20, 18:00   Link #1121
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Is the work schedule of a mangaka really something new for some people? Here an old picture of the schedule of another mangaka:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Reminds kinda of my schedule at the time when I was attending university

But actually after watching the video it reassures the opinion that Bleach should have ended after the defeat of Aizen. Because later the were not any aizen-effect anymore
Also it shocked how much indeed Bleach changed.

Sad that such thing happened to manga that was once one of three pillars of SJ
Old 2016-08-21, 05:10   Link #1122
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
This video essentially made me realize that I need to do more research on the manga industry and how Bleach as a whole operates....assuming that it is accurate of course.
Old 2016-08-28, 13:57   Link #1123
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
A weekly schedule only seems to yield good results (for a story) in the long run if it's already mostly planned out. As much as I like Kubo, I don't think he really planned anything out in advance. In fact, he probably just took it head on weekly like Toriyama did.

Yeah but Toriyama had a great editorial staff. Kubo was constantly having to fight against his. After 15+ years it would get to anyone.

And about taking it a week or a month at a time. I agree. After the ss arc especially that seems to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Man I posted that in the other thread. I didn't know this has already been posted & discussed about. Dang it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
If nothing else, the video definitely puts some perspective behind the editorial influence the jump staff can have on top of painting a rather dreadful picture of how much free time authors actually get. All things considered, I might actually have to throw Kubo a pass on some of the issues I've had along with some of the twists and turns this series has taken over the years. Because if you're running on only 4-5 hours of free time a week, then I could easily see getting so burned out to the point where the process of reflecting back on your work to discover the most simple and yet effective solutions and conclusions to various plots go ignored in favor of whatever just happens to pop into your head at that very moment in time. And because of the unknown level of influence the editorial staff may have, I'd also have to forgive Kubo for not being able to effectively plan ahead. Because I'd imagine doing so could be difficult if the editorial staff insists on you doing something that runs completely contradictory to what you had in store.

Oh well...RIP Bleach. And Kubo, I hope you can finally take a long deserved break.
That 4-5 hours is brutal. But I will have to agree with your sentiments. Well if Kubo is going to continue working for the Japanese comic industry I hope he makes biweekly or monthly chapters. Or get out of the industry & design clothes. They look pretty cool tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^ yea... no thanks. I was aware of the scheduling, but seeing that chart makes it seem even worse. I'm actually surprised that the weekly mangas turn out as good as they do. For all the problems with Bleach there was a lot of great stuff too. I think monthly releases make more sense. At least on a humane level.
Agreed. Same thing I posted to Sayde. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did in the first place.
Old 2016-08-28, 19:24   Link #1124
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
That 4-5 hours is brutal. But I will have to agree with your sentiments. Well if Kubo is going to continue working for the Japanese comic industry I hope he makes biweekly or monthly chapters. Or get out of the industry & design clothes. They look pretty cool tbh.
I couldn't agree more. Kubo's character and fashion designs have and always be one of the consistently better aspects about his work IMO. Who knows? He might actually be really good at designing clothing IRL.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 16:14   Link #1125
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Indeed. Perhaps I was clueless as to the behind the scenes going on with Kubo.
Old 2016-08-30, 11:09   Link #1126
Ultragunner

or he could actually follow Toriyama's footstep and handle character designer for some games, I would totally check those games out
Old 2016-08-30, 12:29   Link #1127
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
or he could actually follow Toriyama's footstep and handle character designer for some games, I would totally check those games out
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 14:26   Link #1128
Thess

Good ideas, poor execution. It was rushed because of cancellation. Also they really should have focused more on Rukia as Shinigami protagonist.

I may be a minority, but I never saw anything romantic between Ichigo and Rukia, rather they were two POVS from two sides of the story. They met and helped each other to fix their world, but their respective love interests were obvious from the start. The manga further drove this point, they live apart and had their own family and are content like that (unless Ichigo loses his power and always goes angsty about that). Thanks to that meeting, they can go on and enjoy their lives and family the fullest because they moved past of a trauma and were able to reach out the people they wanted to reach, but it doesn't mean they enjoy each other's company the best. So that as basis worked for a while until... Rukia vanished.

The problem is that it focuses exclusively on Ichigo and we barely saw Rukia's side of things after Hueco Mundo, that's okay but she felt less and less as Soul Society World POV and just part of the cast there. Yeah, the tie in novel helped to fill the gap in Fullbring arc but was still a bit underwhelming.

Kubo should have divided and organized his POVs better.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 18:45   Link #1129
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Good ideas, poor execution. It was rushed because of cancellation. Also they really should have focused more on Rukia as Shinigami protagonist.
I think the problem was their designated protagonist may have been the most boring character in the series. Either of the potential shipping mates would have been more interesting to follow, if only from a backstory and abilities standpoint.

The best protagonist option was clearly Aizen, of course.
Old 2017-04-12, 15:35   Link #1130
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I didn't find Ichigo boring. His interactions with Rukia in the early chapters were gold and while he became stronger in each arc, he was given new hardships such as his Hollow self. There, he became more serious but it was more suitable for the arc.

Still, what I found the manga's weak point is how long the Hollow arc became. They recycled a damsel in distress storyline but unlike Rukia's arc, this went overboard. We had about over 20 volumes just to make Ichigo and Urahara defeat Aizen in less than a volume.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 18:55   Link #1131
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where can I find translations on the Bleach novels? I also know what happens in the ones that came out/are coming out after the manga ended.

I personally have no problem with Ichigo. I understand that there are more interesting characters, like Yoruichi, Urahara, and etc., but it's not like Ichigo himself was that bad of a choice as the main protagonist.
Old 2019-05-17, 22:19   Link #1132
Guernsey
The GAP Man

YouTube

Has anyone seen this video by Mathwiz? He brings up a good point about how Bleach actually has some interesting themes and how the quality of the show is different across cultures.
Old 2020-01-14, 08:34   Link #1133
Guernsey
The GAP Man

YouTube

I am not sure if this has been posted yet but here is a documentary about the Bleach series and its reputation.
Old 2020-05-01, 18:30   Link #1134
Johnny Dy

What went wrong in Bleach? Some fillers, just like in Naruto. Fillers ruin everything. If it were me, I would remaster Bleach and Naruto and cut off all the fillers. They would be clean 10/10 anime if fillers were to be eradicated as the abscesses they are. Except with the girls on the beach, those ones can be left be.

Bleach is back, can't wait for the manga, hopefully also the novels ecranisations!