AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-19, 15:58   Link #901
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Okay. Then let's not also forget that during the fab 4's AB hunt and Teresa killing the bandits, it was specifically shown that they were being watched. I know that the idea is arguing for a pattern of behavior or using the same methods on the part of the org. But wouldn't you think that Yagi would have shown that someone was watching Teresa deal with Rosemary if he intended for us to believe that?

Chibamonster addressed all the points that I was going to and more, which relieves me of a tedious writing task.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2008-01-20 at 01:13.
Old 2008-01-19, 18:57   Link #902
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
We're also forgeting the slasher's are where the fab 4 where been watched by Galatia and Ermita, Also the time when Teresa killed the bandits Orsay was there watching.It seems to me the mib watch the claymores closer than most of them know, I wouldn't be surprised if they watched the single digits like hawks seen as they are the orgs main weapon.
Yes, yes.. This has bothered me but the Slasher arc is different IMO given that they were watching the execution of a group of claymores they thought to be troublesome.

Teresa's incident is different tho and it did had me thinking and I still can't figure why they had been watching her. But then what Teresa's handler said about anticipating such acting from Teresa makes me think that they just wanted to know when this powerful child will start to get naughty and it kinda made sense.

I also thought that sending Clare with Ophelia in an AB hunt was not by coincidence but rather because they DID know that Ophelia is a blood thirsty claymore who would kill Clare for fun. The Org might have known about Ophelia killing comrades and humans yet they chose to spare her because she did her clean up and no one can accuse the Org for producing those monsters (claymores).

Still as khryoleoz wrote, I think a pattern can't be concluded from those incidents.
Old 2008-01-19, 19:07   Link #903
Sassarai
Army of One

What bothered me was the MIB being on top of the chimmney when he spotted Teresa in the burning village o_O. How is he going to get down? How did he get up? Was it like that in the manga?

Last edited by Sassarai; 2008-01-19 at 20:21.
Old 2008-01-19, 19:14   Link #904
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Haha.. No, the manga had him standing on what appears to be a cliff.
Old 2008-01-19, 23:00   Link #905
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

MIB l00t skill: Roof Hopping! ver. 0.5
Old 2008-01-20, 01:20   Link #906
FateAnomaly

I think the Teresa situation is a setup, they wanted to get rid of Teresa cos she is too independent, uncontrollable and powerful. (Probably kill her before she awaken) Afterall, they have a obedient Priscilla.
They could have overlook the killing of the humans since there were no witness. (An no one actually knows they executed their people for killing humans since it is not a public execution or anything) They needed an excuse to kill Teresa in order to answer to the other claymore. They are aware of the situation but they didn't try to stop her.
Old 2008-01-20, 01:45   Link #907
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I was re-reading vol 4 chapter 21. Here we have Teresa and Priscilla fighting and this was when Priscilla was still suppressing her yoki. Teresa makes an interesting comment about Priscilla. "Deep inside, she harbors a monster. In time, she will become incredibly strong." I'll stop there because I really don't like what she says after that.

My question is, if Priscilla during this time had been fully suppressing her yoki, how then was Teresa determining that Priscilla was harboring a monster? She couldn't have been referring to Priscilla's fighting ability which had been no match for Teresa's all along. What if like how Galatea is now, she can read the yoki content of even warriors who are suppressing their yoki? Teresa's encounter with Raphaela seems to be a precedent that supports the idea.
Old 2008-01-20, 02:20   Link #908
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I was re-reading vol 4 chapter 21. Here we have Teresa and Priscilla fighting and this was when Priscilla was still suppressing her yoki. Teresa makes an interesting comment about Priscilla. "Deep inside, she harbors a monster. In time, she will become incredibly strong." I'll stop there because I really don't like what she says after that.

My question is, if Priscilla during this time had been fully suppressing her yoki, how then was Teresa determining that Priscilla was harboring a monster? She couldn't have been referring to Priscilla's fighting ability which had been no match for Teresa's all along. What if like how Galatea is now, she can read the yoki content of even warriors who are suppressing their yoki? Teresa's encounter with Raphaela seems to be a precedent that supports the idea.
First of all, LOL at your last sentance.

Now moving on to your topic.

The problem with that train of thought is that Teresa still could not read Priscilla's yoki with her own skill. Teresa's encounter from Raphaela is alot harder to determine because Raphaela had recently left the Org and was still in the process of Yoki-starving herself. Rubel noted that it was not accurate to say Raphaela was the best at supressing her Yoki, just that she had not used it for YEARS.

It is possible however that if Teresa can see and focus on a supressed individual then she can gauge their Yoki enough to measure their strength, but not by enough to read it for her technique.

It is more likely that Teresa realized Priscilla's potential just by analyzing her ability, even though she was an amatuer she was already stronger then Irene, and obviously had a large amount of room to improve, Teresa might have even used herself as a measuring stick, comparing Priscilla to herself when she was a newly assigned warrior as well.
Old 2008-01-20, 09:03   Link #909
Mord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
The problem with that train of thought is that Teresa still could not read Priscilla's yoki with her own skill. Teresa's encounter from Raphaela is alot harder to determine because Raphaela had recently left the Org and was still in the process of Yoki-starving herself. Rubel noted that it was not accurate to say Raphaela was the best at supressing her Yoki, just that she had not used it for YEARS.

Rafaela would have been suppressing her youki long before she left the organization seeing as it would have been part of her duties within the soul link experiment. Volume 12 chapter 64 supports this as Rubel mentions that she is still faithfully suppressing her youki even though it is futile at that point.

Also there is no way to tell how much time has passed between Rafaela leaving the organization and her meeting with Teresa seeing as she had already stopped aging at that point.
Old 2008-01-20, 17:04   Link #910
BaalChaamon

It appears that Raphaela's Yoki suppression was an acquired skill that she had to develop to soul-link (something that she apparently hadn't done from the beginning of her Claymore career unlike Beth and consequently and obviously has failed to perfect) and has built on it passively by simply not using her Yoki for a prolonged period of time.

Priscilla's Yoki suppression on the other hand is an innate ability.

Now the question arises where the qualitative difference is between the two. I can see Beth's Yoki supression to be on par with Priscilla's natural ability simply due the nature of her training, the same cannot be said about Raphaela though. Irene knew that she was coming after she had seen Clare off prior to the Northern Campaign arc.
Old 2008-01-20, 17:47   Link #911
Voracious Reader
異常読欲者

I'm not sure where you get the idea that either of them extensively trained suppression for the soul-linking. As far as I am aware of nothing implies that skill at suppression beyond what a normal Claymore is capable of is required, and the only special training mentioned is youki alignment.
Old 2008-01-21, 13:18   Link #912
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Reader View Post
I'm not sure where you get the idea that either of them extensively trained suppression for the soul-linking. As far as I am aware of nothing implies that skill at suppression beyond what a normal Claymore is capable of is required, and the only special training mentioned is youki alignment.
It is implied by Rubel that Yoki supression is required, but not really confirmed.

My point about Raphaela is that any Claymore can "Supress" their Yoki, but few reach the level Raphaela did due to her training AND years of seclusion, Rubel also makes a comment over it when making his proposal of rejoining the Org to her.

So Raphaela's supression when Teresa detected her and Raphaela's supression after years of not using Yoki would be different beasts all together.

Priscilla's supression is also a different matter entirely.

Priscilla's actual talent was Yoki supression (as opposed to Teresa/Clare's Pre-emptive Yoki-sensing), and the Organization made special note of it, on it being Priscilla's instinctual response to hold back her massive amount of Yoki before she was ready for it.

Also Irene did not sense Raphaela until she made the boot-click sound (I believe they have a panal with Raphaela's boot before she makes her apperance.) Irene also was suprised initially (but true to form, she kept her composure.)
Old 2008-01-21, 13:53   Link #913
Voracious Reader
異常読欲者

Quote:
It is implied by Rubel that Yoki supression is required, but not really confirmed.
But not special skill at it in the making it hard to detect sense.

I agree with everything else in your post, and also agreed with everything in your last post, my comment was directed at those two posts after yours.
Old 2008-01-22, 10:33   Link #914
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I sometimes wonder, what if Clare or Galatea would meet up with Darth Maul, who would win?
Old 2008-01-22, 14:26   Link #915
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
I sometimes wonder, what if Clare or Galatea would meet up with Darth Maul, who would win?
Do medichlorians emit youki? Do Clare or Galatea have to fight with Claymores or do they get light sabers? Both would make a huge difference in the battle.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:33   Link #916
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Claymores are probably to strong and fast for a jedi to keep pace with for long.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:41   Link #917
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Claymores are probably to strong and fast for a jedi to keep pace with for long.
Yeah!
only Clarice and Raki would be in trouble... for other Claymores it's a cakewalk
Old 2008-01-22, 15:45   Link #918
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It depends really, low to mid-ranking Claymores would probably be destroyed, Jedi are alot faster then people give them credit for, blocking shots from a gun and deflecting them back is an amazing feat of speed/agility/ and coordination.

Not to mention Darth Maul was also a trained Teras Kasi. (which is what made him so awesome)

The Lightsaber + Force powers would be a huge problem for any opponent they fought.

Single Digits would probably demolish most Jedi though, Single digits enter an area of power that few Jedi could reach.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:13   Link #919
Newhope

Quote:
It depends really, low to mid-ranking Claymores would probably be destroyed, Jedi are alot faster then people give them credit for, blocking shots from a gun and deflecting them back is an amazing feat of speed/agility/ and coordination.

Not to mention Darth Maul was also a trained Teras Kasi. (which is what made him so awesome)

The Lightsaber + Force powers would be a huge problem for any opponent they fought.

Single Digits would probably demolish most Jedi though, Single digits enter an area of power that few Jedi could reach.
Jedi while powerful they are still human and have human limitations would there perception and reactions be fast enough to keep up with the claymore.

To be fast enough to fight a claymore they would have to draw on the force just to keep up with the speed which claymores have naturally, this constant use of the force would tire them out quickly.

The only way I think a jedi could beat a claymore is though mind games but that would only work against weak willed people which I don't think most claymores are seeing what they have been though and the training they have received.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:18   Link #920
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Darth Maul, Jedi?
Closed Thread