AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-26, 23:58   Link #101

there is 1 thing i dont understand about the formation
chouji being the 4th makes no sense
i mean i dont no where else to put him but y is him being 4th the best place for him? i just dont get the ''home base'' thing
012345789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 00:06   Link #102
The Jarlax
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Jarlax
To not "spoil" anymore, let me just say that it will be a lot more than 3 eps. Reread how much happens in between in the manga.
The Jarlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 00:13   Link #103
project myu

Good episode. The part where Sakura shows up and it flashbacks to when she called Naruto annoying (while Naruto is posing as Sasuke) brought a tear to my eye. Naruto hasn't done that to me in a while.

On another note, I watched the episode where Naruto screams at Zabuza for the seven hundred and sixty first time, and I still had to wipe away tears.. Twice. When Naruto yells at Zabuza and talks about how sad it is for Haku to die as a tool and when Zabuza touches Haku's face and says, "I want to go to the same place as you."

project myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:02   Link #104
Aelonil

anyone else think it was strange how shikamaru asked to check all the armaments but then later neji takes over the conversation and is the one who actually checks them?
Aelonil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:54   Link #105
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelonil
anyone else think it was strange how shikamaru asked to check all the armaments but then later neji takes over the conversation and is the one who actually checks them?
yeah what's up with that...
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 05:56   Link #106
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Elite Jounin isn't a title as Special jounin is...

Kakashi his famous for his sharingan and the amount of jutsus he knows and possibly family ties. Sound 4 wouldn't want to have to deal with him, itd be much better to simply snag Sasuke when he's alone. Kakashi became a Chuunin about an age 1 year before Itachi graduated at the acadamy yet Itachi maybe even at the age of 10 can beat the current Kakashi. It doesn't matter.
Yup he's famous for the Sharingan alright, "Copy ninja Kakashi" he's always know as.

It is possible the 4 Sounds could take a single Kakashi in suprise, however, it is equally possible Kakashi could easily resist their first attack and then the subsequent battle would alert Konoha ninja then it'll be all over.

Personally I think the Sound 4 are just too over confident in their abilities which makes people think they are stronger than they really are.
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 08:34   Link #107
Electrode

One thing I don't understand is: why did Sakon give Sasuke a whole jar of pills, when Sasuke went down with just one pill? Why didn't Sakon just give Sasuke that one pill? (Or is Sasuke not in a coma yet, and therefore will need more pills to get him into coma stage?)
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 09:01   Link #108
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
One thing I don't understand is: why did Sakon give Sasuke a whole jar of pills, when Sasuke went down with just one pill? Why didn't Sakon just give Sasuke that one pill? (Or is Sasuke not in a coma yet, and therefore will need more pills to get him into coma stage?)
When I went to the medical store (chemist) I asked for a paracetamol tablet, and they gave me a bottle...I just wanted one....
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 09:19   Link #109
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelonil
It is quite strange, It's not a screwup by the anime team since the manga features the same scene.

But I guess Neji is good enough to perform a weapon check, being a genius and all
Old 2004-11-27, 09:35   Link #110
Dalavita
Jounin

After seeing this episodes animations. Damn.
I pray to God that the next episodes have the same quality as this one.

The only setback was that they spoiled the Lee operation.
Dalavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:01   Link #111
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
After seeing this episodes animations. Damn.
I pray to God that the next episodes have the same quality as this one.

The only setback was that they spoiled the Lee operation.
Spoiled the Lee operation? It was a success and he can start training again soon.... what do you mean I dont quite follow you?
Old 2004-11-27, 10:08   Link #112
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Yuri
but in 3 odd episodes we are in for a laught, seeing the jr. beautiful green beast re-emerge!
Thanks for the spoiler....
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:19   Link #113
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012345789
there is 1 thing i dont understand about the formation
chouji being the 4th makes no sense
i mean i dont no where else to put him but y is him being 4th the best place for him? i just dont get the ''home base'' thing
Well, hes too slow to be up front, he might slow them down too much if he sets pace. and if hes in the back he might straggle. So hes definitely going somewhere in the middle. Shikamaru's position makes sense for the leader, so the only alternative is to swap his and naruto's spots. Now, having naruto closer to shikamaru allows him to try to keep bossing around the whole team, wouldnt want to lose that

Chouji and naruto are the party's meatwall: the backup muscle that they bring out to attract the enemies attacks (they have more stamina and can take more hits than the other party members). Kiba and Neji are their senses, and Shika the brain.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:20   Link #114
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
It is quite strange, It's not a screwup by the anime team since the manga features the same scene.

But I guess Neji is good enough to perform a weapon check, being a genius and all
LOL Maybe it's all in the eyes. Make sure there aren't any cracks or anything wrong with the weapons. That can't be seen with normal eyes. I'm glad you said that was in the manga, cuz I shrugged it off. For some reason though, for the first time, I was a little disappointed with DB's translation and I started wondering if it was accurate, although I don't know a lick of Japanese.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:26   Link #115
Dalavita
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
Spoiled the Lee operation? It was a success and he can start training again soon.... what do you mean I dont quite follow you?
If you read the manga you will know that they don't tell us about the Lee operation untill after a while. And when we finally know that Lee's operation was a success. His appearance is 20000 times cooler than it will be in the anime because of this. Oh well.
Old 2004-11-27, 10:28   Link #116
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
If you read the manga you will know that they don't tell us about the Lee operation untill after a while. And when we finally know that Lee's operation was a success. His appearance is 20000 times cooler than it will be in the anime because of this. Oh well.
Oh I see, I now undertand what you were saying! you are right, it would of been more cooler if they followed the manga closer...
Old 2004-11-27, 10:31   Link #117
sabret00the

i think they'll probably end up having lee's operation as a flashback to stretch out some episode somtime soon when we'd rather see Jaraiya :lol:

also in regards to manga spoilers in this and people getting upset, it's just my opinion mind you but you're being dumb, if it's in a clearly marked spoiler tag what is the problem? i know i don't mind reading them especially when they're informative, i've always thought that their should be some sorta compromise and everyone should just co-exist, i mean it's one thing when someone says "Genma won't die yet, cos after Naruto kills Oro, Genma dies protecting Naruto's back from Sasuke" (that's fucked up and that's a spoiler). but to say "in the manga blah blah happens and it went like that and it'll be around three episode till you find out anyway as naruto's gotta learn a new move" (that's fine, it's present on topic and even enjoyable.) oh well my two pence.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 10:31   Link #118
Dalavita
Jounin

Yeah. When I was reading the manga and Lee made his appearance I went wild. I started screaming YEAAAAAAAAAH! and had this idiotic smile for five minutes.
Old 2004-11-27, 12:30   Link #119
.Incarnate//
Such is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by project myu
Good episode. The part where Sakura shows up and it flashbacks to when she called Naruto annoying (while Naruto is posing as Sasuke) brought a tear to my eye. Naruto hasn't done that to me in a while.

On another note, I watched the episode where Naruto screams at Zabuza for the seven hundred and sixty first time, and I still had to wipe away tears.. Twice. When Naruto yells at Zabuza and talks about how sad it is for Haku to die as a tool and when Zabuza touches Haku's face and says, "I want to go to the same place as you."

*slaps project myu* your a girl right..? and if not how do you cry from that? i'm kinda jealous

Quote:
I started screaming YEAAAAAAAAAH! and had this idiotic smile for five minutes.
*slaps Dalavita for being himself* hehe jking
Ya i actually do also love lee, those are my fav characters gai, lee and naruto cuz there just so off key
.Incarnate// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 13:07   Link #120
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So many speculations for a fight we didn't see!! "Genma/Raiden not stronger than Kakashi/Gai" or "CSLVL2 shouldn't be able to beat out jounins unless they are "weak" or "tired" or "It was an unfair two-to-one match up." And don't forget, it could have been a four-to-one match up for one of the jounin when the other one fell. I beg to differ. Those were JOUNINS that went against some very tough opponent with an outcome that didn't favor the jounin. If that simple fact doesn't awe and surprise the viewers about the implications conveyed of the CSLVL2 then those viewers are reading too much manga or statistics which in result have robbed them of their imagination and fun factors for knowing too much. Okay, I am done.

I have finally watched this episode after my huge extended family kindly departed and the worst part is I have had this episode since Thursday. Since everything seems to have been mentioned about this great episode I will just talk some more about Genma. It was a disappointment to see his character come to an end. There is no way to confirm if Genma was "weaker" ( ) than Gai/Kakashi just by watching the anime because we have never seen Genma in any fight scene, but he was definitely very cool in his two short appearance. Come on, the guy chewed a stick and countered shuriken with it at will. Beside, the voice actor for Genma also lent his talent for other bad ass character in other great shows. The One Piece fans know all about Sanji and there is also George from Kaze no Yojimbo. So yeah, it was a disappointment although I understand that Genma's character doesn't contribute to progress the story. boo-hoo-hoo.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote