AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-07, 01:22   Link #41
Yujinbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-pimp
thats how he always starts his rasengan yujinbito, its just that it disspersed before he had time to do his two handed thingy
That's true. But still.. there were no clones out at the time, and I doubt that he would be able to half-start the Rasengan and then summon clones to help him finish it. Maybe he was just doing it to test how much of his power had been drained. I suppose that if he were creating the Rasengan with the purpose of busting down the wall then there would have been a build-up to it, Naruto shouting about how he could take out the wall, everyone step aside, it gets all dramatic, and then fizzles. So yeah, probably just testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
i mean sasuke just conjured up a chidori w/o any seals in fight against naruto....
That's something that's been bothering me lately. I was originally drawn to Naruto by the innovative fight scenes and the interesting way they were animated. Like Sasuke attacking Kakashi while Kakashi's holding onto his foot. It was the animation of the actual martial arts, and not the power-moves, that originally interested me. Another part of the allure was the crazy dramatic moments when people were fumbling over hand-seals, or doing them ritualistically.. remember how cool it was to watch Zabuza and Kakashi racing to make hand-seals in the first Kakashi Sharingan fight? Or Haku making one-handed seals? Those scenes were fantastic. Now nobody even bothers to do hand seals and the martial arts have gone out the window. Why? I miss those things..
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 02:59   Link #42
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

i think naruto and sasuke can do their resangen and that chidori without handseals when they are angry or maybe it's like in the gekitou ninja taison game~ they're fill with chakra all built up and stuff and it's ready to use instantly xD
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 03:00   Link #43
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
That's something that's been bothering me lately. I was originally drawn to Naruto by the innovative fight scenes and the interesting way they were animated. Like Sasuke attacking Kakashi while Kakashi's holding onto his foot. It was the animation of the actual martial arts, and not the power-moves, that originally interested me. Another part of the allure was the crazy dramatic moments when people were fumbling over hand-seals, or doing them ritualistically.. remember how cool it was to watch Zabuza and Kakashi racing to make hand-seals in the first Kakashi Sharingan fight? Or Haku making one-handed seals? Those scenes were fantastic. Now nobody even bothers to do hand seals and the martial arts have gone out the window. Why? I miss those things..
The handseals are still necessary for the Chidori and any jutsu that is portrayed as needing hand seals to be performed. The only reason why you dont see the characters doing them, is because Kishimoto purposely left them out.

The type of taijutsu used by the characters depends on their skill-level and the style they employ, so not every style is as interesting to look at or as realistic-looking as others. Take Sasuke and Lee for example, they're shown to have taijutsu skills that look like a real martial artist can perform.

Now look at someone like Chouji. He's obviously not as graceful as someone as limber as Sasuke or Lee, but he is big and pretty strong. So, Kishimoto has him use taijutsu that makes use of his size, and that's the nikudan sensha. Its the taijutsu, where Chouji turns into a human cannonball and starts smashing things. It may not look realistic, and it even looks like a 'power-move', but it's still taijutsu. The same goes for someone like Kiba. The style of taijutsu that he uses is the Tsuuga, and that's as far from realistic-looking as that of Chouj's style.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 03:22   Link #44
Yujinbito

Well, I don't believe that I ever made a call for realism in fighting. Certainly the fight with Sasuke and Kakashi that I mentioned was not realistic. It just looked cool. And granted, the reason that we have not seen much martial-arts fighting recently is simply due to the fact that the characters who use martial arts well - Sasuke and Lee - have been out of the story as active fighters for a while. Your point is well taken that Chouji obviously cannot use acrobatic taijutsu. It's just not as interesting to watch in terms of a fight. Although, in Chouji's case the character development in the upcoming fight makes up for the lack of interesting fighting. I know that if we had had 112 episodes of people doing hand seals all the time, we would be deathly sick of them. I'm not saying the story should be different. Just lamenting the loss of some things that I really liked in the earlier parts of the show.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 03:40   Link #45
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
Well, I don't believe that I ever made a call for realism in fighting. Certainly the fight with Sasuke and Kakashi that I mentioned was not realistic. It just looked cool. And granted, the reason that we have not seen much martial-arts fighting recently is simply due to the fact that the characters who use martial arts well - Sasuke and Lee - have been out of the story as active fighters for a while. Your point is well taken that Chouji obviously cannot use acrobatic taijutsu. It's just not as interesting to watch in terms of a fight. Although, in Chouji's case the character development in the upcoming fight makes up for the lack of interesting fighting. I know that if we had had 112 episodes of people doing hand seals all the time, we would be deathly sick of them. I'm not saying the story should be different. Just lamenting the loss of some things that I really liked in the earlier parts of the show.
It looked pretty realistic to me, insofar that a person could actually move the way Sasuke did when Kakashi was holding his leg. I like Chouji's style of fighting, especially when we get further into his fight with Jiroubou.(God, dont let this be a spoiler...)

I know what you mean about the lack of handseals, and I agree that they should be used when it would be appropriate, but if Kishimoto were to draw a panel or two of hand seals for every fight it can become a distraction.

Kishimoto probably tapered off of showing hand seals because he probably felt that its already been established in the earlier chapters, that unless its specifically stated, all jutsus must have a hand seal performed before they can be used.

He's also probably had his fill of them after drawing the Zabuza/Kakashi fight.
Old 2004-12-07, 07:20   Link #46
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombermanofdeath
That's what it looked like to me, but then again, I always thought the second stage and final stage of Rasengan looked the same and we know Naruto can do the second staged Rasengan with one hand.
Actually no he can't, Naruto needed two hand to pass the very first step.
It was just another mistake of the anime team during their filler arc.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 07:41   Link #47
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Thumbs up

Dont you worry, there's plenty of martial arts stuff coming up in this anime arc, some of it pretty damn surprising, so stay tuned.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 07:43   Link #48
fluffyduckx

Send a message via MSN to fluffyduckx
jiraiya did tell naruto tat there r 8levels for rasengan rite? If jiraiya actualli mastered till tat final level den maybe he'll teach naruto to develop his rasengan further?! which prolly means that naruto can use it with juz one hand n use it as n when he needs it freeli?
fluffyduckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 08:02   Link #49
Electrode

8 levels for Rasengan? i think you're getting confused with something else, fluffyduckx, like the grade of the jutsu (which was said to be two levels above the highest one, or words to that effect, if I remember correctly).

(EDIT: I meant "below" instead of "above". I did! Honest! )

Last edited by Electrode; 2004-12-07 at 09:18.
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 08:46   Link #50
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
8 levels for Rasengan? i think you're getting confused with something else, fluffyduckx, like the grade of the jutsu (which was said to be two levels above the highest one, or words to that effect, if I remember correctly).
That wouldn't make any sense. ^^; Two Levels below the highest.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 09:17   Link #51
Electrode

Oh, right. I thought it was a little strange. Maybe I shouldn't post just after waking up, LOL.

But Anthriel's comment brings with it a point. If Rasengan is two levels below the highest (and as we all know, it's pretty powerful), then what are the higher two levels like? Have we ever seen jutsu higher in level than Rasengan actually used? And... does Jiraiya know any of them - meaning that will Naruto learn any higher-than-Rasengan level jutsu? That would be so awesome.
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 17:50   Link #52
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
I think that naruto should befriend Gai and Lee. I think he will kick some major arse if that happens. I mean come on, First Iruka, Kakashi, Ebisu, Jaraiya, then Gai? It can't get any better than that!! LOL

*imagines Naruto in a green jump suit*
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 17:58   Link #53
sLave
Insane

I guess Oro will take care of Sasuke and Jiraya of Naruto...and maybe Tsunade of Sakura
Remember in Episode 103 @ 19min ^^
sLave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 19:08   Link #54
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
*imagines Naruto in a green jump suit*
I still think Naruto should have taken up on Gai's offer of that special suit.

As for Taijutsu, I am sure Jiraiya-sama can teach Naruto. Beside, Gai-sensei has kawaii Lee. *sparkles all around as the two pairs of unique eyebrows are raised*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 19:53   Link #55
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
I'd prefer it if Naruto continued his training with Jiraiya. I mean if someone who taught the Fourth Hokage isn't a good enough teacher, then I don't know who is. Personally though, I'd like to see Naruto learning more jutsu's left behind by the Fourth Hokage.
Old 2004-12-07, 20:23   Link #56
mightyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senien
I'd prefer it if Naruto continued his training with Jiraiya. I mean if someone who taught the Fourth Hokage isn't a good enough teacher, then I don't know who is. Personally though, I'd like to see Naruto learning more jutsu's left behind by the Fourth Hokage.
I would liek to see naruto come back to konoha very very much liek the 4th, mroe refined, mroe intelegent, but still charismatic, and smiling wide..... I want to see naruto don that fighting spirit cape/cloak

also in the manga you get to see another of the 4ths moves.. I would very much like to see naruto learn that...

but most of all I want to see him create his own jutsus... ones on the level of rasengan but different in style and purpose...

soem taijutsu would be cool as hell as well...

maybe some more summoning techniques too... like that one Jaraiya did against Itachi in the hotel... where they were inside the frogs stomach....

lets see what else.....

I want tos ee naruto create a move that uses the kyuubi chakra in such a way that ONLY naruto can do the move.. as if it was a bloodline limit, but directly related to kyuubi power maybe even a kyuubi inspired taijutsu that uses both naruto's limbs and his angry red chakra in a combo
mightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 21:36   Link #57
mexx

(woops)
-but as to the original question naruto's future training, anyone remeber the tiny sniplet right before jiarya took naruto on the trip to find tusande? he told kakshi he would be takeing naruto to the "Ninja special academy" or something or another. im 97% sure that he did say that. but it was only in the anime// manga (one or the other... maybe both?)

Last edited by mexx; 2004-12-08 at 09:38.
mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 22:40   Link #58
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexx
you know im prettty darn sure that only naruto can throw his chakra out in the form of a punch when he faught sasuke...no one else should have enough chakra to do that kind of attack.... but as to the original question naruto's future training, anyone remeber the tiny sniplet right before jiarya took naruto on the trip to find tusande? he told kakshi he would be takeing naruto to the "Ninja special academy" or something or another. im 97% sure that he did say that. but it was only in the anime// manga (one or the other... maybe both?)
I dont know about the anime, but Jiraiya does mention taking Naruto to the "Ninja Training Center" in the manga. Since he didnt take Naruto to such a place when they went off to find Tsunade, Im going to assume that he meant he would take him at a later date.
Old 2004-12-07, 23:07   Link #59
Bakayaro

[MANGA]

I"m pretty sure that Jiraiya said that to Kakashi in BOTH manga and anime, but then again, its been a few weeks since that anime episode came out, and im getting old! (:P jp, im only 15)

Yea, for the moves, i remember seeing this pic of like a future naruto or watever, he had like longer hair and stuff (it was in the manga, more recent) it woudl be SOO cool if he ends up doing the Spine move, ya know, the one where Jiraiya's hair almost completely wraps around his body and turns to spines? SOOO COOL!!!
Bakayaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 23:13   Link #60
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
His future training would probally most likely expanding his natural talents and skill. At this point in the story we know akatsuki wants kyubi, and if they ever decide to go after naruto once again, Kyubi has to be naruto's last option. But since all Naruto's abilites require alot of chakra to be properly used its common sense that it will be in this field that he needs to work on most. If jiyara is a good teacher he will work with naruto get his current limits to point which he can fight and not depend on his demon counterpart. Also he really needs to improve on his worthless chaotic taijutsu form. With speed and proper training, Kage buushin and regasen could be used in a more decent form. Also if Gamamichi or whatever the little frog name is devolops over this period of time it would be intresting.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote