Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-25, 00:36   Link #2621
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Kaiden got the very same cinematic if you have him guard the bomb too.
No, her cinematic was longer. I remember watching both.
Old 2012-03-25, 01:19   Link #2622
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am not questioning that... I am questioning the logic of gender preference when by all accounts, what is considered "attractive male quarian" likely has little to do with a human male. I understand why they did this, it's just a slightly illogical point.

It's like how can you tell the difference between a male and female Krogan without hearing them speak? And we don't even know what Turian females look like.
Because love and attraction listened to logic.... when?

Quote:
And you are punished for going back to the bomb. Because if you go back, the Salarians die, and as such you lose some war assets in ME3.

Ashley is meant to guard the bomb IMO, as she got an extra cinematic in her last stand.
War assets war shmashets, you lose Kirahe. I always double back to save Kirahe.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 01:25   Link #2623
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
War assets war shmashets, you lose Kirahe. I always double back to save Kirahe.
Yeah, I just didn't know how to spell his name.

Frankly who I saved didn't affect my game. My Shepard is a pure biotic so Kaidan is redundant and I don't use him. Technically Ashley was perfect for my squad, but after 5 minutes of hearing her speak I want to shoot her in the back. And I take Tali everywhere I can.

Mass Effect 1 would have been an easier game than it already is, if I could stomach Ashley.
Old 2012-03-25, 02:09   Link #2624
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
You can lose Kirrahe even if you go help the salarians and your other squadmate if you make purely Renegade decisions during the mission (i.e. both hacking the alarms to divert troops to the salarian squad and not destroying the targets of opportunity on the way to the labs).
Old 2012-03-25, 02:09   Link #2625
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
No, her cinematic was longer. I remember watching both.
Go watch them both again and you may find your memory may be messing with you.

Quote:

Mass Effect 1 would have been an easier game than it already is, if I could stomach Ashley.
Perhaps your unfair hate for Ashley is causing you to remember things differently?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:18   Link #2626
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Perhaps your unfair hate for Ashley is causing you to remember things differently?
Garrus easily replaces Ashley (he has access to both sniper rifles and assault rifles) and Wrex is a strong squadmate even with an adept Shepard.

As I played ME1 as a gimp-vanguard (no Charge boo), I rolled the entire game with Garrus and Liara. It worked fairly well, actually.
Old 2012-03-25, 02:37   Link #2627
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think they're really change the ending, but I am under the impression that they will at least fix or try to explain these things:

Spoiler:

You know what this reminds me off? Mass Effect Deception. So full of plot holes to the point of being amusing
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:52   Link #2628
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Garrus easily replaces Ashley (he has access to both sniper rifles and assault rifles) and Wrex is a strong squadmate even with an adept Shepard.

As I played ME1 as a gimp-vanguard (no Charge boo), I rolled the entire game with Garrus and Liara. It worked fairly well, actually.
I enjoyed playing with Liara in ME1. Her Singularity was great. It's just that I want to play Biotic as well, and doubling up on biotic powers in ME1 wasn't that good an idea.

I have fond memories of sniping Geth from maximum range in ME1. Pity Mass Effect is an action game now and don't allow me to play assassin.
Old 2012-03-25, 03:00   Link #2629
Key Board
Carbon

ME1 Vanguard has Carnage, Barrier and long range Shotguns to make up for the lack of Biotic Charge
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-03-25, 03:10   Link #2630
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I have fond memories of sniping Geth from maximum range in ME1. Pity Mass Effect is an action game now and don't allow me to play assassin.
What?

Tactical Cloak is an assassin's dream come true. Infiltrators are actually quite awesome in ME2 and 3, especially with Sniper Rifles being as powerful as they are. Assassination is one of the most viable ways of clearing out a level in Mass Effect.

(Also technically the majority of assassins killed from melee don't they? I think the term you're looking for is sniper )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
ME1 Vanguard has Carnage, Barrier and long range Shotguns to make up for the lack of Biotic Charge
ME3 Vanguard can have both Carnage and long-range Shotguns though (or Barrier + ranged shotguns), and with Nova it's one of the most awesome classes in the game. I have an easier time clearing enemies with a Vanguard on Hardcore than with a Soldier on Normal.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 04:19   Link #2631
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What?

Tactical Cloak is an assassin's dream come true. Infiltrators are actually quite awesome in ME2 and 3, especially with Sniper Rifles being as powerful as they are. Assassination is one of the most viable ways of clearing out a level in Mass Effect.

(Also technically the majority of assassins killed from melee don't they? I think the term you're looking for is sniper )
Yeah, I guess sniper is more accurate.

I don't really want tactical cloak. I want to be so far away that they couldn't even see me. But ME2 and 3 are all in small rooms, so the long range of the sniper rifle just doesn't apply. I LIKE fiddling with my scope and taking careful aim, then picking off the enemy one by one methodically. Invisibility just doesn't feel right for it.

Looking back, there really is nothing in common between ME 1 and 2.
Old 2012-03-25, 04:54   Link #2632
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
This does not make up for the lack of Charge. Charge basically enabled you to play a pseudo-melee brawler in a cover-based shooter. Charge allows you to glare contemptuously at the indestructable, strategically-placed crates and say, "I don't need no damn cover."

There were entire sections of both ME2 and ME3 where I never once used cover when fighting ranged enemies, though it's harder in ME3 because they add sniper enemies with weapons that can blast away your barrier before your powers cool down.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:00   Link #2633
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
What?

Hardly. Most historical assassins killed from melee because there weren't any sniper rifles back then. Most current day assassins quite like snipers. Easier to reach the target, less risk for oneself, easier to get away.

A sniper who can shoot sniper-ranges in open fields and cloak would be even more insane.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:00   Link #2634
Key Board
Carbon

I had an easier time with Biotic Charge in ME3 because of the much faster cooldown

In ME2 you can bring it down to around 5 seconds at the least, which can still kill you if you are unlucky enough to run into a cross fire
Old 2012-03-25, 05:03   Link #2635
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
I had an easier time with Biotic Charge in ME3 because of the much faster cooldown

In ME2 you can bring it down to around 5 seconds at the least, which can still kill you if you are unlucky enough to run into a cross fire
That problem is largely mitigated by the terrible enemy AI and generally low difficulty of ME2, even on hardcore and insane. In ME3 you damn well need that vastly reduced cooldown by only carrying a few guns, because even on normal the enemies hit like freight trains--and they're much smarter.
Old 2012-03-25, 05:16   Link #2636
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I don't think they're really change the ending, but I am under the impression that they will at least fix or try to explain these things:

You know what this reminds me off? Mass Effect Deception. So full of plot holes to the point of being amusing
Personally, I'm doubtful of them actually changing the ending too, but I won't be surprised if they actually gave us more London content to give us the illusion of choice-that-matters.

[pessimism]

Given that this is Bioware, their way of making choice matter in the end-game is to have cutscenes of the various races/ME2 teammates help you as you rush to the Conduit Beam.

[/pessimism]

It's hard to be optimistic, personally.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 05:24   Link #2637
Key Board
Carbon

according to the recent news which may or may not be true

all if this is a result of Casey Hudson being really impressed with Deus Ex's endings and making Mass Effect to be like that with no one on the team to hold him back.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-25, 05:25   Link #2638
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hardly. Most historical assassins killed from melee because there weren't any sniper rifles back then. Most current day assassins quite like snipers. Easier to reach the target, less risk for oneself, easier to get away.
My point actually, though it was more semantics nitpicking than anything. An assassin can be a sniper and vice versa, but not the same, since assassins kill using any method that's better at the time, whether within close quarters or long range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
There were entire sections of both ME2 and ME3 where I never once used cover when fighting ranged enemies, though it's harder in ME3 because they add sniper enemies with weapons that can blast away your barrier before your powers cool down.
This it true. But also mitigated by the fact that time slowdown now occurs automatically after you charge (which you once needed to spend points on in ME2), and when your shields go down, giving you some time to assess your next target. Using these along with the +180% or above cooldown, I can actually charge a target that's still flying from my previous charge+nova combo. It's insane. There are many maps on Hardcore where I hardly needed to fire my gun to wipe out the map

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 06:05   Link #2639
killer3000ad

Video of cancelled ME FPS pops up online.
Old 2012-03-25, 07:13   Link #2640
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
My point actually, though it was more semantics nitpicking than anything. An assassin can be a sniper and vice versa, but not the same, since assassins kill using any method that's better at the time, whether within close quarters or long range.
Ah, well, yes. That's a good point.

Quote:
according to the recent news which may or may not be true

all if this is a result of Casey Hudson being really impressed with Deus Ex's endings and making Mass Effect to be like that with no one on the team to hold him back.

Spoiler:
Which raises another issue I have with the ending.... how would your EMS score affect the crucible's effects? I can understand it affecting the damage the fleet takes, but the crucible? Not so clear.

Tags
effect, games, mass