Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-07-05, 09:40   Link #3381
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Historia wants to inherit beast titan's ability and Eren is against the idea?
No matter what, it seems she will return to the frontline and get killed.
Does Mikasa's tatto have hidden meaning?
yup, at this point anyone can die now, tragic ending confirm.
Old 2018-07-05, 19:32   Link #3382
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter. I have these really complex feelings about it that I just can't put into words.

For one, it still doesn't feel real that Sasha's dead, even tho they've more than confirmed it and then this whole situation with Historia caught me with my pants down and I don't even know what to think of it.

Also, what's up with this awkward tension between Eren and Historia? Do they like each other? Are they kindred spirits that possess some next level understanding of each other? Too bad nothing's gonna come of it for obvious reasons.

Spoiler for Historia:
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 23:41   Link #3383
The Small One

I'm still not sure what to think of Zeke's situation. This whole 'I was a rebel all along and had to betray my parents' feels a bit off, like the author had to retcon his past.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 00:26   Link #3384
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Yes but she is being used as well...( Mikasa notes this is the manga as well.)

That Asian lady ambassador seems shady...the country is 1000 years behind regarding technology, and Historia's situation is a curve ball. She looks so depressed too. :P
Old 2018-07-06, 00:49   Link #3385
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm still not sure what to think of Zeke's situation. This whole 'I was a rebel all along and had to betray my parents' feels a bit off, like the author had to retcon his past.
Zeke is shady as hell, he got his own plan in motion.
Old 2018-07-06, 02:05   Link #3386
Windsgrace

Pretty much everyone has ulterior motives...while the rest are helpless or seem that way...:P
Old 2018-07-06, 03:36   Link #3387
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

I wonder... Isayama is making Zeke look really suspicious... but why? On purpose because he has other plans for him? I don’t trust Isayama’s deliberate attempts to make him look dodgy than Zeke himself. I might be reading into it too much but...

Historia’s deadpan face takes the cake, fosho. The pregnancy obviously seems like it was against her will. Eren’s face heel turn might be related to everyone making that decision against his protests, too.
Old 2018-07-06, 11:20   Link #3388
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It may not be a retcon, but a lie. What he's saying and his actions from 5 years ago just don't match. Why not switch sides back then? In the first place, what was he even going to do if he had managed to capture Eren?
Old 2018-07-06, 14:19   Link #3389
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

I am not sure why but I just can’t get the thought outta my head that Zeke’s actually a good guy... It goes against all conventional thinking but I just can’t believe those inconsistencies in his side of the story that imply he’s lying. It’s just a hunch of mine. He might have withheld crucial information from everyone or even twisted facts here and there, but something tells me he’s still out there to fix things for Eren and Eldians.
Old 2018-07-06, 14:41   Link #3390
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It may not be a retcon, but a lie. What he's saying and his actions from 5 years ago just don't match. Why not switch sides back then? In the first place, what was he even going to do if he had managed to capture Eren?
I don't think it's a lie. It's more like an omission of information. All of these plans are falling into place because of Zeke, but it's obvious that Paradis is being lied to by all of the people he has brought to the island. At first Paradis probably realized they had no choice....but since then I think those doubts have grown harder and harder to ignore. The problem is they don't have the power to take action on their own, so they have no choice but to follow Zeke unless/until someone figures something out.

The gut punch in this chapter is Historia being used to breed heirs. It throws all of her character progress out the window and turns her into her mother. There's no guarantee she'll even get the Beast Titan either. Just from a writing perspective, I don't like how this is set up. It feels forced.

It doesn't seem like Eren is the same stupid kid he was years ago. He's going to throw a hard wrench into Zeke's plan, whatever it is. I really don't think his reason for leaving the island was to get Zeke. The writing is really clear that whatever he was doing in Marley, he had his own goals and he's plotting something.

As a side note...does anyone else find it kind of odd that Eren and Historia are sometimes written as if they are connected? I don't mean romantically, exactly. But ever since he and Ymir were kidnapped and he was rescued, and especially after her father showed up...it's like the writing is implying some kind of connection between them.
Old 2018-07-06, 15:40   Link #3391
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I feel the same. Zeke could have tried to approach Eren and the Eldians when he went to Paradis island. He could have tried to talk to them, even if the chances of success were low, it was worth a shot.
Instead he killed Eldians and turned them to into monsters mercilessly.

Even if we assume that he had a grand plan to save the Eldians back then, he's still someone that wouldn't bat an eye at killing his own people for a "greater good". And if he had put any value at all in the Eldians as people he would have thought twice before massacring its most trained soldiers.
So even if we assume that back then he wanted to save his Eldian nation he still only relies on Eldians as mindless titans. He doesn't care about the strategic brilliance of Erwin and Armin (he almost killed both), he doesn't care about the skill of Mikasa or Levi (Technically not Eldians, but they are strong allies of them and he was ready to kill them all), all that he cares about is the coordinate power.

Moreover how does this new revelation fits with what he told Eren on chapter 83?
What did he mean back then when he said that he and Eren are victims of Grisha?

If it is true that Zeke just wanted to protect the liberation of Eldians, then he shouldn't feel a victim of Grisha, he should feel a victim of Marley. And why does he think Eren is one?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 09:28   Link #3392
grecefar

Well finally got to read the chapter, pretty sad for historia and eren trying to prevent that idea but didn't find another way, and sasha grave make her dead real ;A;.

I wonder what will be the fate of falco and gabi now that they escape, they will have an eye opener or they will destroy all plans in one move.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 14:31   Link #3393
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I feel the same. Zeke could have tried to approach Eren and the Eldians when he went to Paradis island. He could have tried to talk to them, even if the chances of success were low, it was worth a shot.
Instead he killed Eldians and turned them to into monsters mercilessly.

Even if we assume that he had a grand plan to save the Eldians back then, he's still someone that wouldn't bat an eye at killing his own people for a "greater good". And if he had put any value at all in the Eldians as people he would have thought twice before massacring its most trained soldiers.
So even if we assume that back then he wanted to save his Eldian nation he still only relies on Eldians as mindless titans. He doesn't care about the strategic brilliance of Erwin and Armin (he almost killed both), he doesn't care about the skill of Mikasa or Levi (Technically not Eldians, but they are strong allies of them and he was ready to kill them all), all that he cares about is the coordinate power.

Moreover how does this new revelation fits with what he told Eren on chapter 83?
What did he mean back then when he said that he and Eren are victims of Grisha?

If it is true that Zeke just wanted to protect the liberation of Eldians, then he shouldn't feel a victim of Grisha, he should feel a victim of Marley. And why does he think Eren is one?
One thing about Zeke is that he's from the Eldians of the mainland. The ones that were abandoned by the Paradis Eldians to the tender mercies of the Marleyans. So how does he feel about them?

Though one way or another, it is true he's entirely willing to sacrifice "his people", however he defines that.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-08-12 at 15:48.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 10:39   Link #3394
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
One thing about Zeke is that he's from the Eldians of the mainland. The ones that were abandoned by the Paradis Eldians to the tender mercies of the Marleyans. So how does he feel about the them?
It's true some Eldians left in Marley might actually feel resentment toward the king that "abandoned" them (assuming they are the few that weren't brainwashed by anti-eldian propaganda). However I don't think the King had really any choice, at the very least he never had the choice to escape with all the Eldians.

The existence of the Taybar family as well as the fact that Marley had gained the power of some titans even before the exodus suggests that quite a few of the Eldians were already siding with Marley and against the king. It was either "kill the Eldian traitors" or "leave them to the Marleyans".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 14:30   Link #3395
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's true some Eldians left in Marley might actually feel resentment toward the king that "abandoned" them (assuming they are the few that weren't brainwashed by anti-eldian propaganda). However I don't think the King had really any choice, at the very least he never had the choice to escape with all the Eldians.

The existence of the Taybar family as well as the fact that Marley had gained the power of some titans even before the exodus suggests that quite a few of the Eldians were already siding with Marley and against the king. It was either "kill the Eldian traitors" or "leave them to the Marleyans".
I'm not saying it's fair. (If anything, anyone who made any kind of decision back then is long dead.) I'm saying that, even without the brainwashing, any mainland Eldian might feel, yes, resentment, and/or jealousy toward Paradis Eldians and see them as another set of enemies rather than kin. That would explain Zeke's endgame leaving Paradis Eldians under someone's boot, if that's what he has in mind.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-08-12 at 15:48.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 05:53   Link #3396
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Chapter 108... Is so freaking heavy...
Old 2018-08-10, 11:43   Link #3397
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't really blame Connie here. He just lost Sasha, and when you look at the way Eren behaved a year ago and how he behaves now, he really does seem like a different person. It doesn't help that he's been keeping his thoughts to himself. I hope they'll be able to clear things up.

I guess Eren was the one who told Historia to get pregnant and not Yelena like they think, but I don't think that makes him the baby's father.

Still not hint about what Zeke is planning, but his treachery has been found out as expected. Now Marley will probably launch an all out attack.
Old 2018-08-10, 15:05   Link #3398
Wandering Soul

Connie is well on the road to becoming Punished Connie and I can hardly blame him. He doesn't know that laughing is how Eren deals with the stress of losing loved ones and Eren has been very secretive as of lately.

Also got to agree that the person that told Historian to get pregnant was Eren. It doesn't make much sense for it to be Yelena considering how everyone has been keeping a close eye on Zeke's group.

Finally that focus on the wine bottle seemed sort of ominous. It's either poisoned or has Zeke's spinal fluid in it
Old 2018-08-11, 03:16   Link #3399
Tormenk

As much as chapter 107 is hard to stomach, the developments sure do pack a real impact. Even more than the declaration of war from Eren's attack and Zeke's reveal as a Marley traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
As a side note...does anyone else find it kind of odd that Eren and Historia are sometimes written as if they are connected? I don't mean romantically, exactly. But ever since he and Ymir were kidnapped and he was rescued, and especially after her father showed up...it's like the writing is implying some kind of connection between them.
Probably ties in back to Eren Kruger having knowledge of Armin and Mikasa, which is some sort of weird time-link among the Eldians. Evidently the Titans' power is bordering supernatural and so much is unclear on how they work, it's probably going to be the core of a twist later but the element of mucking around with time periods is always going to be a hard development to work through.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 17:37   Link #3400
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Finally that focus on the wine bottle seemed sort of ominous. It's either poisoned or has Zeke's spinal fluid in it
I thought about poison but not spinal fluid. I don't think they had the opportunity to obtain some, unless they prepared it well in advance, which I guess is possible. Either way, I'm pretty sure those guys are done for.