Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 15:38   Link #201
blackwhite67
Banned

So Tigre did get the sword?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:08   Link #202
Belgaesh

Thanks Erhjegel for the summary, Roland and the battle between him and Tigre was more awesome than I imagined.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:32   Link #203
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
So Tigre did get the sword?
No, he did not. And even if he did, he would just put it aside since he couldn't even wield spear or sword.

That aside, Did that crossdressing prince reappear in this volume? I heard he (she) hide her survival from public. I thought she was in the middle of an assasination attempt where all of her bodyguards died protecting her (including her trusworthy friend Jeanne, so sad......), but what happens to her afterwards? (This part nearly indechiperable using my premature chinese. I also heard that some guys from Briune learn about her survival and attempt to kill her to prevent her from revealing her gender to the public, is it true?
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:38   Link #204
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
No, he did not. And even if he did, he would just put it aside since he couldn't even wield spear or sword.

That aside, Did that crossdressing prince reappear in this volume? I heard he (she) hide her survival from public. I thought she was in the middle of an assasination attempt where all of her bodyguards died protecting her (including her trusworthy friend Jeanne, so sad......), but what happens to her afterwards? (This part nearly indechiperable using my premature chinese. I also heard that some guys from Briune learn about her survival and attempt to kill her to prevent her from revealing her gender to the public, is it true?
Erhjegel's last summary clearly stated "There was also another purpose for Roland handing the sword to Tigre"
Old 2012-09-16, 18:05   Link #205
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Erhjegel's last summary clearly stated "There was also another purpose for Roland handing the sword to Tigre"
Oh sorry. It's because i didn't read Erhjegel summary but i read directly from chinese translation (probably i misread something there).

Well, even if he did receive the sword, what he could do about it? I recalled that Tigre even lose to a normal foot soldier when it comes to melee combat. It's funny to see someone that devote himself to archery using sword in the middle of war.

Also, the scene where Tigre made a plan to flood enemies army is very awesome. I just can't believe that a lazy ass and sleepyhead like him is very quick-witted and a capable strategist.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:37   Link #206
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
the question is, where's Tigre keep the sword for good and safety..??
Old 2012-09-16, 22:08   Link #207
blackwhite67
Banned

Isnt Durandal like the Viralts? It should choose its owner
Old 2012-09-16, 23:02   Link #208
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

Also, the scene where Tigre made a plan to flood enemies army is very awesome. I just can't believe that a lazy ass and sleepyhead like him is very quick-witted and a capable strategist.
Well, it's a common trope nowadays for capable strategist to be a lazy ass in modern story. It probably comes from the sleeping dragon, which basically nowadays means a person who hides his true ability, being one of the most widely known strategist. The original sleeping dragon actually die young from overwork though
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 23:31   Link #209
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

So much intriguing developments and gripping character insights to be gleamed, and what most of you obsess over is Durandal? Durandal is nothing more than a glorified medal of honor for Tigre, meant not only to symbolize and represent what was already listed earlier (Roland's apology and recognition of his efforts) but that should Knights or Nobles go after Tigre's company, Tigre was to use Durandal as proof that he had indeed defeated Roland (and gained his trust) in order to convince them to back off. After all, "if someone defeated the unstoppable monster known as Roland, then it would have taken someone much more monstrously powerful" would be the reasoning. Plus, it was the royal sword handed down by the King to the Black Knight Roland. One would think that Roland would not just simply pass something of that value and importance to an enemy, much less to a rebel.

No, chuunis. Tigre will not use the sword. Tigre will not wield Durandal. It has already been established several times that Tigre's remarkable mastery of the bow comes with the price of being absolutely clumsy when it comes to using other weapons. This story has an established logic and follows it faithfully; it will not drop it just for the sake of being cool. Get over it. I suggest dropping your interest for this series and following something like Sword Art Online if you can't.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
The brilliance during that part was that that was the enemy General expected. Tigre instead turned it on its head and lured the enemy troops into a guerrilla warfare scenario instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, it's a common trope nowadays for capable strategist to be a lazy ass in modern story. It probably comes from the sleeping dragon, which basically nowadays means a person who hides his true ability, being one of the most widely known strategist. The original sleeping dragon actually die young from overwork though
True, but in this case the trope is not just used for the effect but because it makes sense in context. Tigre is a very seasoned and experienced hunter who has managed to take down a dragon all by himself by using the terrain to his advantage. In this world, nothing can penetrate a dragon's hide except for Vedas, the special skill of the Viralts wielded by a Vanadis (or something similarly powerful). His quick-thinking stems from his hunting background (as implied heavily by the story, and subtly but expertly proven by not only the hunting-time-surprise-dragon-interrupt incident, but also from the first encounter between Tigre and Elen), while his laziness is from his lifestyle as a hunter as well.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-17 at 01:19.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:08   Link #210
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
True, but in this case the trope is not just used for the effect but because it makes sense in context. Tigre is a very seasoned and experienced hunter who has managed to take down a dragon all by himself by using the terrain to his advantage. In this world, nothing can penetrate a dragon's hide except for Vedas, the special skill of the Viralts wielded by a Vanadis (or something similarly powerful). His quick-thinking stems from his hunting background (as implied heavily by the story, and subtly but expertly proven by not only the hunting-time-surprise-dragon-interrupt incident, but also from the first encounter between Tigre and Elen), while his laziness is from his lifestyle as a hunter as well.
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. The trope usually fit the context when used anyway(most common reason being, a genius don't really need to work hard when he/she can already plan everything from his/her bed). I'm just answering to the earlier remark that it's not strange at all in fiction for a brilliant strategist to be a lazyass and get recognized by people even if in real world, that usually doesn't happen because of seniority issue and "common" sense issue.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:09   Link #211
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. The trope usually fit the context when used anyway(most common reason being, a genius don't really need to work hard when he/she can already plan everything from his/her bed). I'm just answering to the earlier remark that it's not strange at all in fiction for a brilliant strategist to be a lazyass and get recognized by people even if in real world, that usually doesn't happen because of seniority issue and "common" sense issue.
No no no, I'm not saying what you said didn't make sense. I meant to provide a more concrete example as well as a defining context in the light of this series to the trope you pointed out earlier. I must apologize for this confusion due to my poor choice of words.
Old 2012-09-17, 00:25   Link #212
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
But he said in BT Forum that he won't continue translating this series. Seems like he got a hard time in translating the names. Even i, who can only relying on chinese translation (simpilified chinese though), got my brain messed up by author choices of name (It's really weird when you see names such as Sakstein, Zchted, or territorie, btw i'm not sure those names are right or not). If only he made official romaji for each name.
That's me right there....we are in the same boat buddy...

Quote:
Oh. My. God.

Finally reached the battle against the Navarle Knights...and I am just speechless. Absolutely floored at how the battle went. So many emotions and thoughts still whirling around in my head at the moment.

Spoiler for Navarle Knights Battle; THE most overwhelming battle I have read here so far and the longest post yet to show up on this thread:

Time to read more.

Ya that part was definitely awesome, the way he planned that arrow to strike at the horse's head made me view Tigre with even most respect than before!

It seem all of you now know the greatness of Roland =w= *shot*
Old 2012-09-17, 00:27   Link #213
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
It seem all of you now know the greatness of Roland =w= *shot*
It's more likely that they have an unhealthy fixation with Durandal, from the looks of things.
Old 2012-09-17, 00:32   Link #214
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for Question:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:42   Link #215
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-17 at 00:52.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:42   Link #216
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

*Edit* Erhjegel Answered it
Old 2012-09-17, 00:48   Link #217
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

What I loved about that part was consistency in the story telling in line with previous events. Why did Tigre decide to pull off such a strategy against Roland in order to save Elen?

Spoiler for Volume 1, first meeting with Elen:

Spoiler for Roland's overwhelming presence:
Old 2012-09-17, 00:56   Link #218
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
What I loved about that part was consistency in the story telling in line with previous events. Why did Tigre decide to pull off such a strategy against Roland in order to save Elen?

Spoiler for Volume 1, first meeting with Elen:

Spoiler for Roland's overwhelming presence:
I think Tigre wasn't overwhelmed by Roland's presence as much as Elen and Sophia because he probably had met intimidating and fearful beasts as a hunter, ( especially that dragon), so even though he's overwhelmed but he might had been less effected by his presence. Ofc not to mention the fact he had to rescue Elen too.

On an unrelated note, this thread sure had gone popular after just few days
Old 2012-09-17, 00:59   Link #219
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I think Tigre wasn't overwhelmed by Roland's presence as much as Elen and Sophia because he probably had met intimidating and fearful beasts as a hunter, ( especially that dragon), so even though he's overwhelmed but he might had been less effected by his presence. Ofc not to mention the fact he had to rescue Elen too.
Nah. When he remembered what happened, he shivered at the thought of Roland's presence. It was just that, at that moment, nothing else but Elen's safety mattered for Tigre so he shut out all emotion (think mushin).
Old 2012-09-17, 01:01   Link #220
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Nah. When he remembered what happened, he shivered at the thought of Roland's presence. It was just that, at that moment, nothing else but Elen's safety mattered for Tigre so he shut out all emotion (think mushin).
Now we all know what's going to happen next for Elen and Tigre *smirk*

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)